Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Mah hamsta!

Samus, the little hamster, Is getting increasingly lighter and thinner. Like an anorexic hamster.

That, and my other hamster that used to be quite fat, Is also getting skinnier, lighter and, well, weaker.

As far as I know, They have plenty of food thought they frequently waste it, by stuffing their pouches full and then dumping it all out in theit tubes or in the wheel where the food falls through the air holes, and all over the carpet. Anything that can be done about this?

The two do tend to huddle together underneath the water bottle. It drips on top of them sometimes and they get all wet. Which of course calls for water refilling, but hey.

So is there any fattening food I can get for the hammies...? Or influencial tricks to get them to stop wasting food and just Eat it?

Samus, the little hamster, Is getting increasingly lighter and thinner. Like an anorexic hamster.

That, and my other hamster that used to be quite fat, Is also getting skinnier, lighter and, well, weaker.

As far as I know, They have plenty of food thought they frequently waste it, by stuffing their pouches full and then dumping it all out in theit tubes or in the wheel where the food falls through the air holes, and all over the carpet. Anything that can be done about this?

The two do tend to huddle together underneath the water bottle. It drips on top of them sometimes and they get all wet. Which of course calls for water refilling, but hey.

So is there any fattening food I can get for the hammies...? Or influencial tricks to get them to stop wasting food and just Eat it?

Are you sure the two little guys are getting along? You can feed them some cheese, raw carrots, raw broccoli, ham, turkey, chicken. They will store their food, get in their wheel with their little pouches stuffedd and some will drop out while they are in the wheel. Find some different types of hammie food. Do NOT buy any food from Wal Mart as it is usually moldy and can kill your pets.

Tomorrow, I will give you the names of some of the food that my two little blueberries love.

Are you sure the two little guys are getting along? You can feed them some cheese, raw carrots, raw broccoli, ham, turkey, chicken. They will store their food, get in their wheel with their little pouches stuffedd and some will drop out while they are in the wheel. Find some different types of hammie food. Do NOT buy any food from Wal Mart as it is usually moldy and can kill your pets.

Tomorrow, I will give you the names of some of the food that my two little blueberries love.

The two are getting less and less aggressive with each other, more tolerant and patient. They are improving, more than I expected.

I feed thems a Hamster food mix with seeds and... wheat or something. and seeds. They seem to like it. I get this from PetCo.

Now just out of curiosity, Will it be good if I were to fill their food bowl with wheat? We have plenty of wheat in storage that we can give them, if that'll work...

The two are getting less and less aggressive with each other, more tolerant and patient. They are improving, more than I expected.

I feed thems a Hamster food mix with seeds and... wheat or something. and seeds. They seem to like it. I get this from PetCo.

Now just out of curiosity, Will it be good if I were to fill their food bowl with wheat? We have plenty of wheat in storage that we can give them, if that'll work...

Hammies love other things besides the Hamster food. As I suggested, go into the refrigerator and get some cheese (real cheese, not velveeta), some raw veggies, such as peppers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, or RAW peanuts in the shell. You can find a bag of raw peanuts in the grocery store for about $2 to $3. They love these and are a great source of protein and fat. If you have ham, chicken, plain meat (no seasonings) a couple of small pieces of meat are another wonderful treat/food.

There are some ideas for you. :D Whatever you put in the cage, the next day, look in the cage and remove the old stuff. If you do not make the pieces too big, you will find they eat it all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hammies love other things besides the Hamster food. As I suggested, go into the refrigerator and get some cheese (real cheese, not velveeta), some raw veggies, such as peppers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, or RAW peanuts in the shell. You can find a bag of raw peanuts in the grocery store for about $2 to $3. They love these and are a great source of protein and fat. If you have ham, chicken, plain meat (no seasonings) a couple of small pieces of meat are another wonderful treat/food.

There are some ideas for you. :D Whatever you put in the cage, the next day, look in the cage and remove the old stuff. If you do not make the pieces too big, you will find they eat it all.

would Sharp Cheddar cheese work? American cheese?

I've tried getting some lettuce and baby carrots for them, and they arent interested in that...

They do seem to like the black oil Sunflower Seeds that we have for the birds outside...

I have deli scliced ham, turkey and bolagna, would these work?

would Sharp Cheddar cheese work? American cheese?

I've tried getting some lettuce and baby carrots for them, and they arent interested in that...

They do seem to like the black oil Sunflower Seeds that we have for the birds outside...

I have deli scliced ham, turkey and bolagna, would these work?

The Sharp Cheddar is the best. American is okay, but I would read the label. No Velveeta or processed fake cheese. Swiss is okay any kind of real cheese, not cheese from your pizza though. As for meats, I give mine turkey pieces, ham, roast beef, but no bologna or highly processed meats such as sausage or anything with spices. Small pieces. How about a piece of raw broccoli? If the carrots are cooked, they probably do not like them Also, a small piece of carrot instead of one inch long piece of carrot. Start with a piece the size of a pencil eraser. Not too many of the sunflower seeds. How about a couple raisins? I will think of everything I give all my hammie friends and let you know. Peppers are a big favor. A very small few pieces. Remember to check their droppings to verify they are not getting too much watery food. This can lead to wet tail. Let me keep thinking on this.