• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice that Horatio has been missing lately? :unsure:

Thank you for noticing. Actually, I have been reading all the posts by my phone, but unable to get to a computer.

Lots and lots of great news and pictures to follow. I went to New York to help my friend clean out her mother's house, as it has been sold, and move some of the items to California. While there I was able to see Hampton and the Hampsters and hear them perform a couple songs from their new album which should be available soon. Then I went to see The 39 Steps, a play on Broadway, where my friend is the Stage Manager and got to go backstage after the show, meet the cast and get up on stage. That is the closest I will be able to ever be on stage as I have no talent whatsoever. What a very phenomenal play and getting to see the view of the theatre from the stage was awesome. Anyway, we finally got the movers there yesterday and they moved 90% of everything. Phew, what a relief. No internet access meant using my phone for everything. So, I am back in Memphis and tonight I fly to Lubbock, Texas. It will be quite nice to go to work where I get to rest. :lol:

Pictures to follow.

Glad to know you all missed me.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Horatio

Nice! I'm glad to hear you've been having fun. You're usually online every day, so when you were gone for a few days I started to worry a little bit.

Thanks! I was online to read, just that when I try to post, sometimes I am too fast in scrolling that I drop myself off-line.

Wait until you see the pictures.

Thank you for noticing. Actually, I have been reading all the posts by my phone, but unable to get to a computer.

Lots and lots of great news and pictures to follow. I went to New York to help my friend clean out her mother's house, as it has been sold, and move some of the items to California. While there I was able to see Hampton and the Hampsters and hear them perform a couple songs from their new album which should be available soon. Then I went to see The 39 Steps, a play on Broadway, where my friend is the Stage Manager and got to go backstage after the show, meet the cast and get up on stage. That is the closest I will be able to ever be on stage as I have no talent whatsoever. What a very phenomenal play and getting to see the view of the theatre from the stage was awesome. Anyway, we finally got the movers there yesterday and they moved 90% of everything. Phew, what a relief. No internet access meant using my phone for everything. So, I am back in Memphis and tonight I fly to Lubbock, Texas. It will be quite nice to go to work where I get to rest. :lol:

Pictures to follow.

Horatio

Sounds awesome! I've seen the 39 steps, amazing show. I can't believe you got to go backstage! :o

Glad you're back! Check out my Elton John review. :wub:

~Liz

Pictures to follow.

Horatio

Sounds awesome! I've seen the 39 steps, amazing show. I can't believe you got to go backstage! :o

~Liz

Ohhhhhh, if I had known you were going I could have gotten you backstage. You at least saw the play with the original play. There are two actors leaving. Today is their last performance and then the two understudies will take over the roles. So, you saw the best of the four. Can you believe it was only four actors? Phenomenal acting.

I've been thinking of your Elton concert, so I will run down and see your review. And... hopefully more pictures. HampsterKing has increased the upload feature so I hope to get your video up.

Pictures to follow.

Horatio

~Liz

Ohhhhhh, if I had known you were going I could have gotten you backstage. You at least saw the play with the original play. There are two actors leaving. Today is their last performance and then the two understudies will take over the roles. So, you saw the best of the four. Can you believe it was only four actors? Phenomenal acting.

I've been thinking of your Elton concert, so I will run down and see your review. And... hopefully more pictures. HampsterKing has increased the upload feature so I hope to get your video up.

Don't worry, I saw 39 steps back around Easter time, so it was a while ago. I thought they did an amazing job with just four actors. I saw "Twelfth Night" pefrormed with about four actors near me a few years ago...excellent as well. (BTW that's what the movie "she's the man" is based on)

So yeah. :P

~Liz

Pictures to follow.

Horatio

~Liz

Don't worry, I saw 39 steps back around Easter time, so it was a while ago. I thought they did an amazing job with just four actors. I saw "Twelfth Night" pefrormed with about four actors near me a few years ago...excellent as well. (BTW that's what the movie "she's the man" is based on)

So yeah. :P

~Liz

Those were the same actors I saw and Nevin was the stage manager then.

The bald guy was my favorite.

Thought everyone might like to see a picture of Santa, Hampton and the Hampsters.

pawsome!

now to jsut sit around and convince myself to install Itunes.. and such..

Glad you like the pictures.

Absolutely... get that iTunes installed immediately! You will love it. :D

OH CANADA. D:

I got my iPod today and a 50$ iTunes card, spent the whole thing, and forgot about the Hampster Christmas album. I AM SAD PANDA!

How fantastic you got an iPod with 50 dollars on the iTunes! That is phenomenal!!!!!

Sorry you forgot about the Hampster Christmas album. :(

OH CANADA. D:

I got my iPod today and a 50$ iTunes card, spent the whole thing, and forgot about the Hampster Christmas album. I AM SAD PANDA!

How fantastic you got an iPod with 50 dollars on the iTunes! That is phenomenal!!!!!

Yea, there's like 11 songs I really want on meh Ipod that I don't have on CD.

OH CANADA. D:

Yea, there's like 11 songs I really want on meh Ipod that I don't have on CD.

Ask for another iTunes card for Christmas. :D

Thought everyone might like to see a picture of Santa, Hampton and the Hampsters.

Haha that's great! Where was this?

New York City!

In fact, I was able to take a couple other pictures...

post-678-1225565237_thumb.jpg post-678-1225565276_thumb.jpg

Was that yesterday?

I was in the city yesterday!

New York, that is. We refer to it as the city up here, but I guess it wouldn't make sense to you guys.

New York City!

IMG_0557.JPG IMG_0558.JPG

Was that yesterday?

New York, that is. We refer to it as the city up here, but I guess it wouldn't make sense to you guys.

True. Unfortunately I was not there yesterday, it was over a week ago. But I am heading back up to Brooklyn on Tuesday afternoon.

New York City!

Was that yesterday?

True. Unfortunately I was not there yesterday, it was over a week ago. But I am heading back up to Brooklyn on Tuesday afternoon.

Bummer. I would be going to Manhattan with friends Tuesday, but instead, I'm going to a youth leadership conference. <_<

New York City!

Was that yesterday?

Bummer. I would be going to Manhattan with friends Tuesday, but instead, I'm going to a youth leadership conference. <_>

I'll be up there for at least a week, perhaps longer.

New York City!

Was that yesterday?

Bummer. I would be going to Manhattan with friends Tuesday, but instead, I'm going to a youth leadership conference. <_<

I'm free Saturday. :lol:

Are you up here for business or personal matters?

New York City!

Was that yesterday?

Bummer. I would be going to Manhattan with friends Tuesday, but instead, I'm going to a youth leadership conference. <_>

Personal. My friend's parent's house was sold, so we are cleaning it out.

EEEEEEEK! What a job!

New York City!

Was that yesterday?

EEEEEEEK! What a job!

Ooooh. Good luck with that! Don't drop something on your foot again!

New York City!

Was that yesterday?

EEEEEEEK! What a job!

Great advice. Thanks for the advice.

New York City!

Was that yesterday?

EEEEEEEK! What a job!

I remember you said you dropped something on your foot a few years ago, preventing you from running that Military Marathon thing, but I don't remember what it was... :unsure:

New York City!

Was that yesterday?

EEEEEEEK! What a job!

I remember you said you dropped something on your foot a few years ago, preventing you from running that Military Marathon thing, but I don't remember what it was... :unsure:

Great memory!!!

I was chain-sawing a tree trunk and then picking up the pieces to put in the dumpster and dropped one of those on my foot. You have no idea just how upset I was to miss the Marine Corps Marathon. :(

Hopefully I will not drop anything on my little paws.

Yes! That was it! I knew it was something outdoorsy, but was not sure. ^_^

I'm still impressed!!!

*hands TBFOF The Red Rose Award for a phenomenal memory*

Ooh! Thank you!

I usually have the worst memory, in zee werld, so I don't know how I remember that.

I could say you only remember what you chose to remember. Some school facts seem unimportant and you are unable to give them space in your memory bank, no matter how hard you try.

Do you like that thought? :lol:

VOTING!!!

I got my ballot in last Thursday, but I wanted to know what you all thought about the polls closing at 19H00 (7 PM).

Do you think this is too early, just right or too late?

Should it be changed? If so, to what hours?

Oh wow, that is early. I thought it was 8pm. I think it would make sense to have a 24 hour window to vote in because people work at all different hours.

yeah, I got mine in a week ago.. vote-by-mail county.

really funny in that they make predictions based on exit polls, when only two counties have polling places open, and in at least one of them, the last political party to acually pose much challenge to the democrats was the national socialist party.

yeah, I got mine in a week ago.. vote-by-mail county.

really funny in that they make predictions based on exit polls, when only two counties have polling places open, and in at least one of them, the last political party to acually pose much challenge to the democrats was the national socialist party.

That's hilarious.

yep.. it'll be days before they really know who won. not that it matters too much in the grand scheme.. I'm quite solidly bipartisan.. jsut like the politicans claim they are.

What I have told many people when they say the first black president has been elected, I remind them that he is half white. LOL

Now that is true diversity.

Last night I went to see Gypsy with Patti Lupone as Rose, Gypsy's mother. A magnificent performance!

Pictures to follow.

I saw that....several years ago. Can't quite remember.

Glad you had fun!

~Liz

Shazam. I am top poster. :blink:

post-1940-1226034476_thumb.jpg

~Liz

Not for long! LOL

Mwa-ha-ha, I'm still 'king of the hill.'

post-1940-1226072861_thumb.jpg

^_^

~Liz

Hmmm...I have the most posts today, the least overall posts (from that list) and I've been here the longest... :blink:

And I think I'm up to 1.79 posts per day (I moved up from 1.78) :lol:

~Liz

untitled4_edited.jpg

~Liz

Not for long! LOL

untitled5_edited.jpg

^_^

~Liz

Hmmm...I have the most posts today, the least overall posts (from that list) and I've been here the longest... :blink:

~Liz

*the challenger steps up to the posting arena*

Just got the neighbor to give me his password, so I am IN!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason, when I am on the iPhone, I can't quite figure out how to get to the bottom of the page when there are a lot of quotes and my post appears somewhere in the middle. Guess this is one of those things I need to work on.

Well... we are going to try and get tickets for Billy Elliot. I would really like to see this play on Monday.

LifesEagle, see you in about one hour.

Alright, if I haven't gone to bed in the meantime. I have to get my energy tomorrow for shoe shopping tomorrow (I sound like such a girl! :lol:).

And that is one awesome name for a computer. I used to call mine "Big Adding Machine", but now I have a new computer for uni I don't know what to call it. I think I'll have to call it Dusty. :rolleyes:

Alright, if I haven't gone to bed in the meantime. I have to get my energy tomorrow for shoe shopping tomorrow (I sound like such a girl! :lol:).

And that is one awesome name for a computer. I used to call mine "Big Adding Machine", but now I have a new computer for uni I don't know what to call it. I think I'll have to call it Dusty. :rolleyes:

I cannot take any credit for the name... Arkcher was the genius behind the name. And Adam loves his name!!!

I cannot take any credit for the name... Arkcher was the genius behind the name. And Adam loves his name!!!

It is a good name. By the way, my brother called his old iPod "Sir Arnold Horatio III". :lol:

It is a good name. By the way, my brother called his old iPod "Sir Arnold Horatio III". :lol:

Yippee!!!!!!!! I love the name!!!!!

I'm glad. But remember, it MUST be pronounced in a posh accent!

I'm glad. But remember, it MUST be pronounced in a posh accent!

Absolutely!

*practices my posh British accent*

~Liz

Not for long! LOL

^_^

~Liz

~Liz

For some reason, when I am on the iPhone, I can't quite figure out how to get to the bottom of the page when there are a lot of quotes and my post appears somewhere in the middle. Guess this is one of those things I need to work on.

Well... we are going to try and get tickets for Billy Elliot. I would really like to see this play on Monday.

I NEED TO SEE IT SOON! (and btw it's elliot, not elliott.)

So yeah. :rolleyes:

The official opening night was last thursday (it's been in previews since 1 oct)

post-1940-1226856176_thumb.jpg

:D

~Liz

~Liz

Not for long! LOL

^_^

~Liz

~Liz

I NEED TO SEE IT SOON!

So yeah. :rolleyes:

The official opening night was last thursday (it's been in previews since 1 oct)

post-1940-1227060216_thumb.jpg

:D

~Liz

LOL, you changed your spelling. Sneaky Horatio! :P

Isn't Elton sexy in a tutu? He really knows how to pull it off. :wub:

He does it for all of the opening nights, in the various cities. :lol:

~Liz

LOL, you changed your spelling. Sneaky Horatio! :P

Isn't Elton sexy in a tutu? He really knows how to pull it off. :wub:

He does it for all of the opening nights, in the various cities. :lol:

~Liz

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Would I do that? :lol:

Elton in a tutu is a sight to see. :D

~Liz

Not for long! LOL

^_^

~Liz

~Liz

I've dropped a lot.

It used to be around 6.8, but now it's 5.8. Oh well.

I can only imagine what Horatio's is.

21.35 ish?

untitled4_edited.jpg

~Liz

Not for long! LOL

untitled5_edited.jpg

^_^

~Liz

~Liz

I've dropped a lot.

It used to be around 6.8, but now it's 5.8. Oh well.

I can only imagine what Horatio's is.

21.35 ish?

:lol: Not quite. Dog Lover was in the lead, but then she made a bunch of posts that I could reply to, so I slid into the lead by a post or two. But, I have been stuck without internet in Brooklyn, so my post count is very low. The iPhone is a bit hard to post long posts.

So... I have finished with the Brooklyn stuff and am back with Adam. He is such a loyal and trusty lappy.

It's nice to be able to post and not have the multiple quotes be lost somewhere on the phone.

My apologies if any topics were sent into the closed mode, I have no idea that happened, but I have tried to fix all those I saw or heard about. If there is one I missed, please let me know as it's not supposed to be closed. It was the iPhone and operator error. :o

Not much is happening here in Memphis... just cold and hamsters do NOT like the cold. I wish this was warm Florida weather. No such luck.

Have to order my winter coat today. My fur is just not enough.

Okay... so I have two motorcycles and a third one that is not really mine, but I ride it all the time. Sooooooo, why do I want a fourth one?

This is totally crazy. I know it is, but there is a new bike coming out in June and I really want to be one of the first to own it. Have I lost my mind?

Let me know what you think.

Today in Memphis, I was riding and was a bit cool... 47 degrees F and it was a little chilly even though I had dressed appropriately for the weather.

Hope to ride again tomorrow. Can't go very far because I am on reserve which means that they can call me any time 24 hours a day and I have ten minutes to respond if I don't pick up the phone immediately. :o

Today in Memphis, I was riding and was a bit cool

You completely changed the lyrics of the classic Marc Cohn song, which is now "Riding in Memphis". Speaking of which, I was looking up the suites in the "Heartbreak Hotel" today. :P I wanna go to Graceland so bad. :wub:

You completely changed the lyrics of the classic Marc Cohn song, which is now "Riding in Memphis". Speaking of which, I was looking up the suites in the "Heartbreak Hotel" today. :P I wanna go to Graceland so bad. :wub:

When you get here you have a place to stay. Come on over!!! My cage is always open to you, but you have to promise not to eat my relatives.

And you need to come when it is either his birthday or anniversary of his death... there are so many Elvii running around you will think you have lost your mind. :lol:

When you get here you have a place to stay. Come on over!!! My cage is always open to you, but you have to promise not to eat my relatives.

And you need to come when it is either his birthday or anniversary of his death... there are so many Elvii running around you will think you have lost your mind. :lol:

Have you seen the special suites in the Heartbreak Hotel? It's like a dream... but SO pricey! I would think that it would be a nightmare getting into Memphis/fiding somewhere to stay/finding room to walk on those days, though I would LOVE to attend the vigil. Great man, great man.

Have you seen the special suites in the Heartbreak Hotel? It's like a dream... but SO pricey! I would think that it would be a nightmare getting into Memphis/fiding somewhere to stay/finding room to walk on those days, though I would LOVE to attend the vigil. Great man, great man.

Well, put it on your schedule. You don't have to worry about a place to stay. My cage is your cage. If you promise to remember which side of the road to drive on, you can borrow my car.

And... you didn't agree not to eat any of my relatives, this is a must if you want to stay in my cage. :lol: Your beak and talons are pretty imposing.

Today in Memphis, it is a balmy +1 on the Celsius/Centigrade scale. This is a day for a fire in the fireplace, steamy, hot cocoa, a good book and just looking outside.

And... I want to go ride my motorcycle.

Am I crazy?

:blink::unsure::blink:

When I got in my car this morning, it was 24 F, so like... -5ish C? :wacko:

An important message for all those Starbucks drinkers:

dunkindonuts.gif

BOOOOOOO

I liiiiiiiiiive on Starbucks!

*has a rodent raid on the local Starbucks for bad over-roasted, burnt coffee beans*

Dunkin Donuts has much, much better tasting coffee.

You probably drink one of those fancy, caramel, mocha, macchiatto, foo-foo-frilly lattedooday coffees, with whipped cream. UCK!

post-678-1227316552_thumb.png

BOOOOOOO

*has a rodent raid on the local Starbucks for bad over-roasted, burnt coffee beans*

You probably drink one of those fancy, caramel, mocha, macchiatto, foo-foo-frilly lattedooday coffees, with whipped cream. UCK!

:rolleyes:

Usually, Chai Tea, but I'll go for the Pumpkin Spice Blended Creme Frappachinos, with whipped cream occasionally.

Or a simple Vanilla Bean.

BOOOOOOO

Usually, Chai Tea, but I'll go for the Pumpkin Spice Blended Creme Frappachinos, with whipped cream occasionally.

there ya go.. not even coffee msot the time, and what ya do get so gusssied up you can;t taste it..

dunkindonuts.gif

BOOOOOOO

there ya go.. not even coffee msot the time, and what ya do get so gusssied up you can;t taste it..

Exactly. I like plain, black coffee. Yum!

BOOOOOOO

yeah, I'll usually go for a mocha or something given the chance.. just as long as it doesn't smell like a boot left too long next to the fire.

dunkindonuts.gif

BOOOOOOO

yeah, I'll usually go for a mocha or something given the chance.. just as long as it doesn't smell like a boot left too long next to the fire.

To me, that is all of Starbucks. :lol:

All this talk of Starbucks...

VANILLA BEAN FRUPPACHINO!!!

They don't sell that one here so I've only had it a few times. How sad for me!

I'll get a better equivalent from Dunkin Donuts and FedEx it to you. :lol:

What is it? I found a cafe that makes white hot chocolate the other day. It is as amazing as it sounds. :wub:

What is it? I found a cafe that makes white hot chocolate the other day. It is as amazing as it sounds. :wub:

It's the same as the *can't say the S word* drink, but only better. In fact, the Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate rivals any I have had in Europe.

It is THAT good! :D

It's the same as the *can't say the S word* drink, but only better. In fact, the Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate rivals any I have had in Europe.

I'm a capitalist, they're allowed to be popular in my book. Maybe I should have some, doughtnut shops are hard to come by here. In fact, I only know the location of two off the top of my head. :blink:

I'm a capitalist, they're allowed to be popular in my book. Maybe I should have some, doughtnut shops are hard to come by here. In fact, I only know the location of two off the top of my head. :blink:

How do the police in Great Britain cope with only two donut shops?????

In the USA it is sort of a joke that the police always spend their time in donut shops.

In the USA it is sort of a joke that the police always spend their time in donut shops.

Have you seen Hot Fuzz? They're far too busy to eat doughnuts! And yes, I know this, I was raised on American TV. :rolleyes:

Have you seen Hot Fuzz? They're far too busy to eat doughnuts! And yes, I know this, I was raised on American TV. :rolleyes:

Have not seen Hot Fuzz. Should I put it on my list?

Oh, yes, it is one of those great parody movies that will have you laughing for ages! It's also one of those films that makes working in the service look really cool, like Die Hard or something.

Note: I LOVE Die Hard.

Oh, yes, it is one of those great parody movies that will have you laughing for ages! It's also one of those films that makes working in the service look really cool, like Die Hard or something.

*adds it to my list*

Thanks!!! I will let you know after I watch it. I have a need for a really great laugh.

*adds it to my list*

Thanks!!! I will let you know after I watch it. I have a need for a really great laugh.

It has Simon Pegg in, as he's so in fashion at the moment. I also find that a strange amount of Americans are fans as well.

One of my favourite movies is an old one that I still think is hilarious. My Little Launderette.

A German couple in the American West.

*adds it to my list*

It has Simon Pegg in, as he's so in fashion at the moment. I also find that a strange amount of Americans are fans as well.

*adds it to my list*

*slaps forehead when I realized that I posted in the middle of another post*

Here it is...

One of my favourite movies is an old one that I still think is hilarious. My Little Launderette.

A German couple in the American West.

This is why I hate post chains. :lol::P

Ohh, I LOVE old comedies! My mum is determined to own ever episode of Betwitched ever as she watched them as a child. I absolutely LOVE watching them... that and old Mel Brooks films.

Ohh, I LOVE old comedies! My mum is determined to own ever episode of Betwitched ever as she watched them as a child. I absolutely LOVE watching them... that and old Mel Brooks films.

The Bewitched series... those are funny. They rerun them every now and then.

My mum INSISTED on buying them on DVD. She watches them while ironing and regresses to childhood. I love it because it's live history: the sixties as they were, a real house with the "typical", perfect wife. It's bizarre!

My mum INSISTED on buying them on DVD. She watches them while ironing and regresses to childhood. I love it because it's live history: the sixties as they were, a real house with the "typical", perfect wife. It's bizarre!

That was when programs had substance for entertainment. I cannot imagine what will surface after "reality" shows. Not being a big fan of blood, guts and stupid shows like Dog, The Bounty Hunter, Ultimate Fighter, World Wide Wrestling, Raw, Cops and Intervention, I am getting to where there are only a couple stations I watch. For pure entertainment, I do like shows like Matlock, Murder She Wrote, etc., where you don't see one person tearing the guts out of another, they sort of leave that up to your imagination.

So today was an interesting day. It started out that I was riding from Orlando to Memphis for work and the airplane broke. So, I ended up flying with one of the other pilot's from Orlando to Memphis. That was how we helped solve what could have been a big problem.

hi horatio!

and friends!

i just wanted to let you guys know i'm not dead

and that its supposed to snow tonight :o

it hasn't snowed in louisiana since new years day 2001

and it was like 1/4 an inch and it didn't stay on the ground haha

Wildcat!!!!! How nice to see you!!!!

Glad you made a guest appearance!

Hope we see your smiling face a bit more.

Snow... that is the stuff that should remain in Canada. :lol:

hi horatio!

and friends!

i'd love to come visit more often :D

but things in my life have taken a turn for the better! and busier!

i've gotten my grades up, now that i've been able to teach myself geometry! haha

and i've become friends with a certain band of three brothers that i love, as in they call my phone. and do mic-chat on aim.

i'm as stunned as anyone :o

and i love snow! i lvoe cold! because i get to wear cuter clothes when its cold :D

i have a coat fetish :]

hi horatio!

and friends!

i've gotten my grades up, now that i've been able to teach myself geometry! haha

and i've become friends with a certain band of three brothers that i love, as in they call my phone. and do mic-chat on aim.

and i love snow! i lvoe cold! because i get to wear cuter clothes when its cold :D

It's fantastic to hear that things are going better for you. I love good news!

At least for you the snow didn't last. :lol:

How wonderful to hear that your grades are up and that you have the discipline to teach yourself Geometry!!!!

*hands Wildcat The Black Bat Award* You are doing phenomenal! Keep up the good work!!!!!

I have to get ready to go to work and this hotel wireless is slower than dial-up, so I need to run.

Am flying from Lubbock, Texas to Memphis, Tennessee to Omaha, Nebraska tonight.

And I don't want to see snow!!!!!!!

Talk to you in a little bit, as soon as I get ready to go.

Please do stop in every now and then for a couple minutes. We love seeing you!!!!!

hi horatio!

and friends!

How wonderful to hear that your grades are up and that you have the discipline to teach yourself Geometry!!!!

*hands Wildcat The Black Bat Award* You are doing phenomenal! Keep up the good work!!!!!

I have to get ready to go to work and this hotel wireless is slower than dial-up, so I need to run.

Please do stop in every now and then for a couple minutes. We love seeing you!!!!!

*graciously accepts award*

ohh, dude

hotel "hi-speed" wireless is always awful

hi horatio!

and friends!

*graciously accepts award*

ohh, dude

hotel "hi-speed" wireless is always awful

Actually some are not too bad, but then some are sooooooooo bad I want to scream.

Haha, high speed in comparison to a slug.

Now I am in Laredo and cannot get the wireless to work. It took hours and finally I got a connection with the ethernet cable, but still for some reason, it does not want to connect wireless.

This is torture having to sit the desk connected by a cord. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Now I am in Laredo and cannot get the wireless to work. It took hours and finally I got a connection with the ethernet cable, but still for some reason, it does not want to connect wireless.

Do what my dad did: bring a wireless router with you. :rolleyes: (or get a longer ethernet cable)

Now I am in Laredo and cannot get the wireless to work. It took hours and finally I got a connection with the ethernet, but still for some reason, it does not want to connect wireless.

Do what my dad did: bring a wireless router with you. :rolleyes: (or get a longer ethernet cable)

I have the wireless router and for whatever reason, the Hilton never seems to work with this at this particular hotel.

(Other people have talked about this problem.) And *slaps forehead* I forgot my 25 foot ethernet cable home.

Well... here is an update. Decided to go have coffee and breakfast in the lobby, which supposedly has wireless. Anyway, the hotel keeps telling me the wireless is working, but I couldn't get on. So, when one of the managers appeared, I had him try and get on. Hee, hee, hee. Now he was the one who was stuck on hold with the Hilton internet support group. The best part was that he was going to 'help' me get on the internet and now he was subjected to the idiot questions from the other end. So he explained that this had been a problem, the service representative told him that there were no complaints from the hotel. Well, he said... I personally called yesterday and reported a large number of guests couldn't access the internet, and I am the hotel manager. *round of applause* So, now the service representative was more than anxious to solve the problem and voila... I am now on wirelessly!!! Except... this is the lobby and I have still to go to my room and see if it still works.

Anyway, the first officer and I were going to dinner last night. You know it is a bad sign when the hotel tells you to 'be careful, you don't want to be outside after dark'! WHOA!!! That does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling. So, we took a taxi to dinner at a fantastic restaurant. The food was unbelievably stellar! The had to roll me out of the restaurant as I overindulged. That's a horrible feeling, but I wanted to try everything. Not tonight though. We have a different restaurant planned.

Across from the hotel is a mall and I plan to jog a couple times around the perimeter today... as long as it appears like I won't get run over by a car. So, if I don't appear back on, start looking for road kill in Laredo.

lol it's always fun when you get the manager involved. :lol:

True. I was really happy when the service representative was telling the manager there were no complaints.

He was quite restrained because I was standing there, but you could tell he was unamused. :lol:

Now that I am wireless again, I am very, very happy. I don't like to be tied down. :lol:

Oh, cool! I've always liked different architecture. ^_^

Me too! This was a very cool building. I walked around the entire building and they were still doing some construction on the back side. There was no way to get a really good picture of the other sides of the building due to the closeness of other buildings.

Oh, cool! I've always liked different architecture. ^_^

you should See Seattle Center... it's pretty Different

That would be great. Where is it located? Downtown, by any chance?

yep. Not jsut one, But several rather unique buildings..

We stay downtown. I will have to go and take some pictures. Thanks!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Today I was in Newark... hanging out at the Woodbridge Mall.

Borrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggggggggg!

LOL...did they have an Apple store?

~Liz

Of course not. Otherwise I would have spent time there. :lol:

Of course! :P

~Liz

Today I was in Newark... hanging out at the Woodbridge Mall.

Borrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggggggggg!

LOL...did they have an Apple store?

~Liz

Of course not. Otherwise I would have spent time there. :lol:

Of course! :P

~Liz

And there would be a good possibility that I would have left with another toy. :rolleyes:

HAY

DULUTH

THAT PLACE IS MAD OF WIN AND AWESOME

Mushroom_king... you always come to my rescue. Did you like the picture I took specifically for you?

wat?

-checks-

Oh, The Electric Fetus? Heh...I love that place, I go there whenever I'm in Minnesota. XD

HAY

DULUTH

THAT PLACE IS MAD OF WIN AND AWESOME

Mushroom_king... you always come to my rescue. Did you like the picture I took specifically for you?

wat?

-checks-

Oh, The Electric Fetus? Heh...I love that place, I go there whenever I'm in Minnesota. XD

As soon as I saw the sign, I immediately thought of you. :D

*realizes that almost no one ever looks here so makes a decision to delete the topic if no one beside me posts here in the next couple days*

Nuuuuuu! I actually do look in here a lot more often than I post. Just half the time I don't have anything substantial to say, or I'm too tired to think of anything intelligent to post.

*realizes that almost no one ever looks here so makes a decision to delete the topic if no one beside me posts here in the next couple days*

Nuuuuuu! I actually do look in here a lot more often than I post. Just half the time I don't have anything substantial to say, or I'm too tired to think of anything intelligent to post.

same here.

Well, that makes me feel better.

YOU BETTER

The very nice thing is that when I saw the store "Electric Fetus" and immediately you popped into my mind, I smiled.

This happened because of you. Just like when I was in Woodbridge Mall, Jesusfreak came to mind. Good feelings that make my heart smile.

YOU BETTER

The very nice thing is that when I saw the store "Electric Fetus" and immediately you popped into my mind, I smiled.

This happened because of you. Just like when I was in Woodbridge Mall, Jesusfreak came to mind. Good feelings that make my heart smile.

I thought you would think of MW seeing the Electric Fetus.

YOU BETTER

I thought you would think of MW seeing the Electric Fetus.

Nope... only you came to my mind. :)