• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the top poster today!!! woooooohoooooo :D

~Liz

Congratulations!

Now for me to do a little catch-up.

Today we arrived in Los Angeles around 05H00 and headed for the hotel. It is in Marina Del Rey. Very close to the water.

Next time I will bring the camera, but for today, I walked for about 10 miles. Now back to bed for a little nap before we fly from Los Angeles to Newark.

I am definitely becoming a pilot and you are hooking me up at FedEx!

Tell me if you ever fly to New York!

If you are serious, please let me know so I can help you with some guidance to say you from wasting years.

I have flown in your area before, but not now. I would have to change airplanes. :lol:

What I had originally put is not that close to me, so I didn't think it mattered. Sorry.

I actually am considering it. It seems exciting to travel to all these amazing places.

If you are considering it, now is the time for us to have a discussion about your options.

You can either start a topic, we can do it here in my topic or we can do it privately.

Whatever you think would be best.

Right here is fine. Perhaps other people would be interested.

Alrighty. Where should we begin?

Begin by reminding me what grade you are in and then let me know if you are against joining the military.

I am in 11th grade and would prefer to not join the military.

~Liz

Congratulations!

Today we arrived in Los Angeles around 05H00 and headed for the hotel. It is in Marina Del Rey. Very close to the water.

Next time I will bring the camera, but for today, I walked for about 10 miles. Now back to bed for a little nap before we fly from Los Angeles to Newark.

If you are serious, please let me know so I can help you with some guidance to say you from wasting years.

I have flown in your area before, but not now. I would have to change airplanes. :lol:

What I had originally put is not that close to me, so I didn't think it mattered. Sorry.

I actually am considering it. It seems exciting to travel to all these amazing places.

If you are considering it, now is the time for us to have a discussion about your options.

You can either start a topic, we can do it here in my topic or we can do it privately.

Begin by reminding me what grade you are in and then let me know if you are against joining the military.

Sorry for not getting back to you. I am in Vancouver and will fly to Memphis this evening. You should have a lengthy reply by tomorrow.

If you join the reserves and specify that the only way you will join is if you fly, then the reserves (military) will pay for your flight training.

If you want to go the college route, then you will have to pay for your flight training yourself and it is considerably harder although not impossible.

You need to find a school that offers a degree in aviation so that you are able to do your flight training at the university. For example, University of North Dakota or Embry Riddle. There are lots others, but I just suggested those two for starters.

~Liz

Congratulations!

Sorry for not getting back to you. I am in Vancouver and will fly to Memphis this evening. You should have a lengthy reply by tomorrow.

If you join the reserves and specify that the only way you will join is if you fly, then the reserves (military) will pay for your flight training.

If you want to go the college route, then you will have to pay for your flight training yourself and it is considerably harder although not impossible.

You need to find a school that offers a degree in aviation so that you are able to do your flight training at the university. For example, University of North Dakota or Embry Riddle. There are lots others, but I just suggested those two for starters.

It's alright, I just brought it back up incase you missed it.

Which route did you take?

~Liz

Congratulations!

Now with all the GPS systems in the airplanes, you take off and if traffic permits you get to go direct. So we took off, had a heading assigned of 110 degrees, then when we were turned over to the Seatlle controllers, they cleared us direct to a point just west of Memphis. Nice. :D

~Liz

Congratulations!

Now with all the GPS systems in the airplanes, you take off and if traffic permits you get to go direct. So we took off, had a heading assigned of 110 degrees, then when we were turned over to the Seatlle controllers, they cleared us direct to a point just west of Memphis. Nice. :D

LOL. :lol:

I meant college or military.

~Liz

Congratulations!

My trip thinking still had not stopped even though we had landed and parked the jet.

My story was a bit different. My father taught me to fly before I could drive. We grew up with a couple airplanes in the family.

~Liz

Congratulations!

My trip thinking still had not stopped even though we had landed and parked the jet.

My story was a bit different. My father taught me to fly before I could drive. We grew up with a couple airplanes in the family.

Hmpfh. Well then.

~Liz

Congratulations!

Hmpfh. Well then.

Plus my father owned an airport. :blush:

Not a bad place to hang out.

~Liz

Congratulations!

Hmpfh. Well then.

Well, that's totally not fair.

~Liz

Congratulations!

Hmpfh. Well then.

Well, that's totally not fair.

:lol: True. :lol:

If you have lots of money, then you can consider college. Personally, I would choose the reserves. You get flight training on multi-million dollar aircraft and you form bonds that open doors to airlines, with connections that get you in the door. Those friendships and connections are worth more than you can imagine.

I was talking to my mother today about what I wanted to do in life.

I said I wanted something that would be different everyday. I didn't want the same boring job, at the same boring desk everyday.

I wanted something that would take me to new places and give me a different experience each time...like a pilot.

She asked if I was serious. She doesn't seem too happy about that.

You need to clarify for me what goes on in the "reserves". Does that mean I could actually have to go, fight, somewhere? Idunnnno. The military does not seem too appealing to me.

I said I wanted something that would be different everyday. I didn't want the same boring job, at the same boring desk everyday.

I wanted something that would take me to new places and give me a different experience each time...like a pilot.

You need to clarify for me what goes on in the "reserves". Does that mean I could actually have to go, fight, somewhere? Idunnnno. The military does not seem too appealing to me.

You would have to take a look at just how much flight training costs. If you can get the military to pay for your flight training and any college, then this is the way to go. You have to go to college for four years, then try and find a small commuter airline to work for, then try and get hired by a major. This is the same time you could spend in the reserves plus a year or two. And after all is said and done, you don't owe any money.

You would have to take a look at just how much flight training costs. If you can get the military to pay for your flight training and any college, then this is the way to go. You have to go to college for four years, then try and find a small commuter airline to work for, then try and get hired by a major. This is the same time you could spend in the reserves plus a year or two. And after all is said and done, you don't owe any money.

I'm definitely confused now. I didn't realize that it was so difficult to become a pilot.

How long would I have to work for a small airline before moving up, approximately?

Maybe it isn't the job for me.

I'm definitely confused now. I didn't realize that it was so difficult to become a pilot.

How long would I have to work for a small airline before moving up, approximately?

It is the job for you, but as in any job, you have to 'pay your dues' before getting to the prime job. You will make more money at FedEx or UPS in a shorter period of time than if you worked a desk job.

For example, you could be hired at FedEx at age 23 if you had the required amount of pilot-in-command hours in a turbine aircraft. Now it comes down to money. If you have the money, then you can get the turbine time. If you don't have the money, then you can get the turbine time through a job at a commuter airline or in the reserves. The reserves are not a bad way to go. I know you don't care for the military, but it is pretty expensive to pay for it yourself. When you get the required pilot-in-command hours if you are in the reserves, then you can still apply for a job with FedEx, and work both until your commitment is fulfilled.

Let me look into the reserves for you and let you know what they are asking for regarding a commitment.

It is the job for you, but as in any job, you have to 'pay your dues' before getting to the prime job. You will make more money at FedEx or UPS in a shorter period of time than if you worked a desk job.

For example, you could be hired at FedEx at age 23 if you had the required amount of pilot-in-command hours in a turbine aircraft. Now it comes down to money. If you have the money, then you can get the turbine time. If you don't have the money, then you can get the turbine time through a job at a commuter airline or in the reserves. The reserves are not a bad way to go. I know you don't care for the military, but it is pretty expensive to pay for it yourself. When you get the required pilot-in-command hours if you are in the reserves, then you can still apply for a job with FedEx, and work both until your commitment is fulfilled.

Let me look into the reserves for you and let you know what they are asking for regarding a commitment.

How much do you think it would probably cost in total if I were to pay myself.

University and flight training... my guess would be over $100,000. Let me research this tomorrow. I know one flight school that charges $97,000 and there is no university courses involved. You need to get a four year degree. So, that is why I recommended a four year school that has an aviation program. This way you can get your degree and your flight training in one four year period. Now is when you have to start gaining hours.

University and flight training... my guess would be over $100,000. Let me research this tomorrow. I know one flight school that charges $97,000 and there is no university courses involved. You need to get a four year degree. So, that is why I recommended a four year school that has an aviation program. This way you can get your degree and your flight training in one four year period. Now is when you have to start gaining hours.

Whoa baby.

Now as in, now now. Like. Soon now.

Whoa baby.

Now was meant as in after you finished your flight training.

But... if you have about $6,000, you can start now and get your private license at a local flight school. Then you can follow this up with your instrument rating, commercial license and multi-engine license. If you get these before you go to school, these would be worth some credits in your aviation degree. In civilian flying, you don't have the contacts you do in the military.

Whoa baby.

Now was meant as in after you finished your flight training.

But... if you have about $6,000, you can start now and get your private license at a local flight school. Then you can follow this up with your instrument rating, commercial license and multi-engine license. If you get these before you go to school, these would be worth some credits in your aviation degree. In civilian flying, you don't have the contacts you do in the military.

I can start my flight training now, correct?

There is a small airport about 15 minutes away. Is it possible that they could offer a program?

I looked on their website and they offer two flight schools.

Would that be worth looking in to?

You want the Cessna flight school. Give me the information in email and I will check them out for you.

I forgot your email. :blush:

PMAJR?@something.com

pmajr@mac.com

Oh, I forgot to tell you, yesterday when I was out shopping, I saw a Fed-Ex truck parked outside of the UPS store. :lol: I would have taken a picture for you, but I was driving. :rolleyes:

Now that would have been the greatest picture ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the moment I am in San Francisco... actually until Tuesday morning.

This should be fun.

guess what everybody

I'm at mah grandmas house! Once the winds pick up, and I lose power and internet, we are all going to be rednecks and sit on the front porch watching the winds!

I'm documenting all this and making a youtube video. wOOt.

well i hope everyone is having as much fun as i am!

and in a good cajun spirit: Boo, we don' prepare for da storm, we watch it, sha!

guess what everybody

I'm at mah grandmas house! Once the winds pick up, and I lose power and internet, we are all going to be rednecks and sit on the front porch watching the winds!

and in a good cajun spirit: Boo, we don' prepare for da storm, we watch it, sha!

We are thinking of you and only hope you don't lose power.

Get a good youtube video!!! :D

guess what everybody

we never lost power at my grandmas house :D but the power is still down at my house :(

AND my youtube video is awesome

and hilarious

FAMOUS people have watched it! Ken Block, the lead singer of Sister Hazel... Okay so I'm betting no one here knows who they are but I promise you they ARE famous!

lol

guess what everybody

we never lost power at my grandmas house :D but the power is still down at my house :(

AND my youtube video is awesome

and hilarious

FAMOUS people have watched it! Ken Block, the lead singer of Sister Hazel... Okay so I'm betting no one here knows who they are but I promise you they ARE famous!

lol

Glad to hear you didn't lose power.

Congratulations on a fantastic youtube video. I am going to look at the hurricane videos in a little bit.

CONGRATULATIONS HORATIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ON 42,000 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Liz

:lol::lol::lol:

I hadn't even noticed. When I saw your post and the even number, I almost didn't want to respond as it would wreck the 42,000 with a one. LOL

Thank you so very much for noticing that. It make me start thinking... perhaps I don't have a life. That's a lot of posts! :o

~Liz

I hadn't even noticed. When I saw your post and the even number, I almost didn't want to respond as it would wreck the 42,000 with a one. LOL

Thank you so very much for noticing that. It make me start thinking... perhaps I don't have a life. That's a lot of posts! :o

You do have a life, it just takes place mostly on these boards..... :rolleyes:

~Liz

hahahaha

your too cool to have a life

why be doing stuff with your friends when you can moderate posts! :rolleyes:

lol we love you horatio!

~Liz

Good one!

*hands Jesusfreak a chocolate covered tumbleweed*

~Liz

:lol: LOL :lol:

hahahaha

your too cool to have a life

why be doing stuff with your friends when you can moderate posts! :rolleyes:

lol we love you horatio!

:blush: :blush: :blush:

You are so nice. Thank you for making my day.

*hands a vanilla and chocolate covered tumbleweed to Wildcat*

~Liz

Good one!

*hands Jesusfreak a chocolate covered tumbleweed*

XD thank you

Yesterday was one of 'those' days, and no I would prefer not to repeat it.

We started out flying all night from Fort Lauderdale to Newark, wait just about two hours then return to Fort Lauderdale.

Hanna was gone from Florida, but there was rain in the area, along the coast and also up in the Northeast. We take-off on time and head to Newark.

Flight goes well, we land, rest and get ready to head back. From about the North Carolina coast down to Fort Lauderdale, bumpy, deviating left and right,

until we found a clear path to avoid lots of thunderstorms and some "extreme turbulence". Those last two words were the exact words of the air traffic

controllers. :o:o:o Anway, we landed at Fort Lauderdale in a torrential rain, cleared the runway and taxied into the ramp. We were on our way to

our separate destinations. The first officer went to the airport terminal and I decided to stay in the airport and return to Memphis on the company flight.

So you think the story ends there... well it doesn't. After waiting almost three hours, we board the jet and head for Memphis. Yeah... I'll be home in two

hours. We take off and don't seem to climb. No, we are not climbing at all. We return back to Fort Lauderdale Airport after about one-half hour, still a

torrential rain. After exiting the jet, we head back inside and are now arranging to get on another Airbus, headed for Memphis. If anything could go wrong,

it did. Now the airplane we are on has a mechanical problem. Aaarrggghhh. This is getting very, very old. I am tired, cold and want to go to sleep. We

finally got home around one in the afternoon, Florida time.

The lesson here... go to sleep first. Then you are able to deal with anything.

We started out flying all night from Fort Lauderdale to Newark, wait just about two hours then return to Fort Lauderdale.

Hanna was gone from Florida, but there was rain in the area, along the coast and also up in the Northeast. We take-off on time and head to Newark.

Flight goes well, we land, rest and get ready to head back. From about the North Carolina coast down to Fort Lauderdale, bumpy, deviating left and right,

until we found a clear path to avoid lots of thunderstorms and some "extreme turbulence". Those last two words were the exact words of the air traffic

controllers. :o:o:o Anway, we landed at Fort Lauderdale in a torrential rain, cleared the runway and taxied into the ramp. We were on our way to

our separate destinations. The first officer went to the airport terminal and I decided to stay in the airport and return to Memphis on the company flight.

So you think the story ends there... well it doesn't. After waiting almost three hours, we board the jet and head for Memphis. Yeah... I'll be home in two

hours. We take off and don't seem to climb. No, we are not climbing at all. We return back to Fort Lauderdale Airport after about one-half hour, still a

torrential rain. After exiting the jet, we head back inside and are now arranging to get on another Airbus, headed for Memphis. If anything could go wrong,

it did. Now the airplane we are on has a mechanical problem. Aaarrggghhh. This is getting very, very old. I am tired, cold and want to go to sleep. We

Ouch, I hate days like that. >_< If it makes you feel better, we got the rain you were talking about here, and in the time it took to go from the dining hall to my dorm building, I was completely soaked. To the extent that I had to change my clothes.

Ouch, I hate days like that. >_

At least you weren't wet for long and could change clothes. Those are the days you want to avoid going outside.

There is lots more rain on the way. :o Get hip waders. :lol:

My shoes were soaked and they had the air conditioner max cold in the airplane. Just as I was getting over the cold, I feel like I am getting it all over again.

Ouch, I hate days like that. >_< If it makes you feel better, we got the rain you were talking about here, and in the time it took to go from the dining hall to my dorm building, I was completely soaked. To the extent that I had to change my clothes.

At least you weren't wet for long and could change clothes. Those are the days you want to avoid going outside.

There is lots more rain on the way. :o Get hip waders. :lol:

My shoes were soaked and they had the air conditioner max cold in the airplane. Just as I was getting over the cold, I feel like I am getting it all over again.

Ah, I hate that! More rain? My local forecast is clear for the next 5 days, outside of some scattered thunderstorms.

Wait, what is "farkle-ized?"

o.O;

That means I changed the mirrors to fold down mirrors, put a jet-kit in the engine for more power, added a different muffler, different handle bars, removed some of the weight and sort of up-graded the bike for dirt.

Let me look for a picture of before and after to show you.

In the meantime... I have to run. Cleaning time and I have goofed off all morning and now I am getting dirty looks and things being said like...

'are you still on HampsterDance'?

Bye, bye for now.

Be back on later this afternoon.

o.O;

That means I changed the mirrors to fold down mirrors, put a jet-kit in the engine for more power, added a different muffler, different handle bars, removed some of the weight and sort of up-graded the bike for dirt.

In the meantime... I have to run. Cleaning time and I have goofed off all morning and now I am getting dirty looks and things being said like...

Bye, bye for now.

Dirty looks from who? :huh: *has a feeling she's missed something*

o.O;

:blush::blush::blush:

Bye, bye for now.

I imagine other pilot-y people. But I dunno.

o.O;

Bye, bye for now.

the Other hamsters, Of course.. He's posted photos in the past.

o.O;

Bye, bye for now.

I'm assuming Horatio is talking about being at her house. :huh:

o.O;

Bye, bye for now.

Maybe she has guests? I dunno. x3

Anyway, I gotta go. Ap chem that must happen, as always. ><;

o.O;

Bye, bye for now.

Maybe she has guests? I dunno. x3

Anyway, I gotta go. Ap chem that must happen, as always. ><;

Ooh fun. I'm currently ignoring the 80-something pages I'm supposed to read for a class I haven't even had yet. :rolleyes: Also in some other topic, Horatio used the word "we" in talking about grilling something. Does Horatio have something she should be telling us in the relationships topic....? :rolleyes:

o.O;

Bye, bye for now.

the Other hamsters, Of course.. He's posted photos in the past.

Exactly. Other hamsters in the cages next to mine. I had chores to do, was goofing off and would not get off the computer. So, I was getting evil stares.

So, I got off, cleaned my cage, made some salads and avoided painting the bathroom.

Cheeeeeeessssssieeeeee...

the pictures that I said I would post.

Before... as it came from the factory...

DRZ400SK8.jpg

Then mine after I changed a few panels. For example, I replaced the white panels with black ones.

DRZ400S.jpg

Then after I changed the lights, the mirrors, the exhaust, added guards for the radiator and other parts, changed the back fender to a short one and lots of other farkles (upgrades).

_DRZ_.jpg

here you go horatio!!! :D

post-6852-1220832948_thumb.jpg

Thanks!!!! You are so talented.

I have baked you some cupcakies to show my appreciation.

"cupcakies"

haha, sounds tasty

but i've eaten like a load of cake and a ton of peanut butter cookies, bleghhhh i've swear i've gained 10 pounds sense this hurricane heh heh

If you say so. :lol:

If I can get away with it. :lol:

I don't quite buy it. :rolleyes:

Meaning I would do the same thing as Wildcat, cake, cookies, etc. if I could get away without gaining the 10 pounds.

But being a hamster, sleeping all the time, the calories go straight to my chubby body and make me plumper.

Meaning I would do the same thing as Wildcat, cake, cookies, etc. if I could get away without gaining the 10 pounds.

But being a hamster, sleeping all the time, the calories go straight to my chubby body and make me plumper.

That is *totally* off topic from what I was talking about. :rolleyes:

Coffee... I must be needing coffee. I thought you were replying to Wildcat's post.

Let me reread this tomorrow after I have had a pot of coffee.

Coffee... I must be needing coffee. I thought you were replying to Wildcat's post.

lol you and your coffee. I said "if you say so" in reference to your talk of whoever you were talking about being your next door cage neighbors, which I don't quite believe, but that's probably because I'm a hopeless romantic. :rolleyes:

lol you and your coffee. I said "if you say so" in reference to your talk of whoever you were talking about being your next door cage neighbors, which I don't quite believe, but that's probably because I'm a hopeless romantic. :rolleyes:

Oh that! When I get back from work, I will take a picture of all the cages. We are currently residing on the kitchen table. :D

hahaha, horatio i'm pretty sure you don't need coffee, but i'm sure you need some sleep!

hahaha, horatio i'm pretty sure you don't need coffee, but i'm sure you need some sleep!

Actually you are 1000% correct. My yawns are getting closer and closer together and I have to get up in 3 1/2 hours.

So, I am going to get off the computer and head to bed.

Actually you are 1000% correct. My yawns are getting closer and closer together and I have to get up in 3 1/2 hours.

:o How do you function on such little sleep?

Isn't that obvious? :o

:lol: Not very well. :lol:

nick jonas does it, and he has concerts to be crazy at ^_^

heh heh

i haven't been getting much sleep lately either, but now i have to go back to school and its terribly depressing

heh heh

i haven't been getting much sleep lately either, but now i have to go back to school and its terribly depressing

I'm back up and getting ready to walk out the door for work.

Hope once you get back to school and see your friends, it isn't too depressing.

Hope you got some good sleep. That should help.

heh heh

I'm back up and getting ready to walk out the door for work.

Hope once you get back to school and see your friends, it isn't too depressing.

Hope you got some good sleep. That should help.

as far as sleeping went, that whole thing didn't go down to well

but thanks to caffine, i'm peppy this morning! wellp... in about 20 minutes, i'm going to have to get on that bus :[

caffeine never actually gives me energy, it just keeps me from falling asleep. <_<

thats too bad

it gives me energy for like an hour, then im just tired

and it keeps me awake too, i can neeevvvverrr have coke past 3:00 PM if i'm planning on going to sleep at 11

caffeine never actually gives me energy, it just keeps me from falling asleep. <_>

thats too bad

it gives me energy for like an hour, then im just tired

and it keeps me awake too, i can neeevvvverrr have coke past 3:00 PM if i'm planning on going to sleep at 11

:o Oh my! I can drink coffee and then head to bed and go to sleep. But... it also gives me an eye-opening morning. Without it I am a furry blob.

nothing's gonna change my world

^_^

across the universe is still stuck in my head

this song makes me so happy

It is an awesome song. I have like 5 different versions on my iPod

Let it be

Let it be naked

past masters vol. 2

anthology

across the universe (movie)

:D

~Liz

Today I went riding for about three hundred miles on the bike. We visited a small town for lunch at a Mexican restaurant, then went on to the Pickwick Dam, followed by a visit to the Shiloh National Military Park and the last stop was at a BBQ place for dinner.

Pictures to follow if anyone is interested.

Today I went riding for about three hundred miles on the bike. We visited a small town for lunch at a Mexican restaurant, then went on to the Pickwick Dam, followed by a visit to the Shiloh National Military Park and the last stop was at a BBQ place for dinner.

pick me! pick me!

i wanna see pictures!

pick me! pick me!

i wanna see pictures!

*sees Wildcat's hand waving*

Just for you... tomorrow morning I will post pictures.

Thank you for asking.

pick me! pick me!

i wanna see pictures!

*sees Wildcat's hand waving*

Just for you... tomorrow morning I will post pictures.

Thank you for asking.

lol more like demanding :P

yayyyy

^_^

Let it be

Let it be naked

past masters vol. 2

anthology

~Liz

hahaha i just realized that's awesome

lol, i didnt like across the universe that much, i mean it was good but it wasn't the beatles :mellow:

now yellow submarine! that's a trip in a movie right there!

^_^

Let it be

Let it be naked

past masters vol. 2

anthology

~Liz

lol, i didnt like across the universe that much, i mean it was good but it wasn't the beatles :mellow:

Stellar song and movie!!!!!

^_^

Let it be

Let it be naked

past masters vol. 2

anthology

~Liz

Stellar song and movie!!!!!

i seeeee youuuuu

Some of the story before the pictures...

There is a group of people who ride motorcycles, and the group extends worldwide. So they decided to do something that would benefit a charity. They decided to try to make it worldwide and when I read what they were doing, I suggested that it might work better if we attempted it in the same manner as we do in the aviation world. So, PUI (said like pooey), was born. My contribution was that I bought the case and the journal to go with him. He is a wingless bird, the ostrich.

So here are his pictures and a short note on the picture.

Where we all first met. One guy had the bird and he was coming from Nashville. We were coming from Memphis and we met about half-way.

DSCN5281.JPG

Rode about 5 minutes and stopped for lunch. Here you see PUI with a plate of Mexican food. For some reason, this group of people love eating, and there are lots and lots of food pictures.

DSCN5284.JPG

We split up, and two guys headed over to a BMW Motorcycle Rally where they were camping, the other guy and I headed back the scenic route for Memphis. I had to be back to get ready to go to work today (Sunday). Our first stop was the Pickwick Dam. There are a couple pictures at the dam. The first is of one of the turbines that powers the dam, the second is an explanation of the turbine and then there are a couple pictures of the scenery.

DSCN5297.JPG DSCN5299.JPG DSCN5303.JPG DSCN5305.JPG

DSCN5306.JPG DSCN5309.JPG

I will continue in the next post. Don't want to lose this because I have too many pictures.

One of the reasons I wanted to show the Pickwick Dam is because it is a clean form of energy. Hydroelectric.

Anyway, we left and I tried to take a picture, while riding over the bridge of a ship in the lock. It was being lowered to the next level of the water. Here you see it after it just came in at the level of water on the other side of the dam and I was unable to take a picture of it after it was lowered. There was no place to stop on the dam. If you look closely to the water level in the lock with the ship, then look to the left, you will see the difference in water levels. It takes quite a bit of time to lower the ship to the other level.

DSCN5288.JPG

We continued on to the Shiloh National Military Park. This Civil War battlefield was very famous. There was an enormous loss of soldiers on both sides, I believe the worst in all of the war. They were fighting with cannons such as you will see.

DSCN5324.JPG DSCN5325.JPG DSCN5328.JPG

DSCN5329.JPG DSCN5331.JPG DSCN5332.JPG

A couple pictures of one of the monuments When you look at the monument, you are unable to see the woman to the right. That is the reason I took a close-up of her.

DSCN5288.JPG DSCN5340.JPG

PUI is on another monument of cannonballs.

DSCN5341.JPG DSCN5343.JPG

Continued, please go to next post.

Now, I couldn't make the ride complete without doing something stupid. We were filling our tanks and for some dumb reason, I forgot to close the tank cover and went to get on the bike. Well, my foot hit the cover and knocked it clean off, breaking it. AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH! Here is my quick fix.

DSCN5344.JPG

Now, no ride is over until you have more food. So we stopped in at a BBQ place where I must say I had the most incredible ribs I have ever tasted. They come dry, but with not too much seasoning and you get to put on as much or as little sauce as you want. These were so good, I hardly used any sauce at all. PUI had a feast.

DSCN5352.JPG DSCN5355.JPG DSCN5357.JPG

We rode a little bit further up the road and my riding buddy had to turn off to head home and I continued on that road at arrived home about 21H30. It was just 30 minutes short of a twelve hour day.

Must say, it was a fantastic day and I really enjoyed myself.

Hope you like the pictures.

Oh, I almost forgot... PUI is going with me to Spokane, Washington today. More pictures to follow if you liked these.

Horatttiiiiioooooo

hi :lol:

W-I-L-D-C-A-T !!!!!!!

Heeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooo! :D

Here I sit having a wonderful breakfast in Houston.

Lots of damage to the area. :blink: We left Memphis at about 02H45 in the morning and arrived here about 04H00.

Couldn't sleep very long, so I got up and went out for a little walk.

If I can, pictures will follow, but only if they can show you the area and are worthwhile.

Greetings from Omaha, Nebraska!!! Today is an absolutely spectacular afternoon in this fair city.

Tomorrow I will see if I can find some pictures for you.

Below is a poor tree that suffered a bit of damage. It faired better than most, but still.

What is really sad are all the birds that you see who are hurt. This makes me feel so bad that I am unable to help them.

I bought a few big bags of wildbird feed and spread it around, so let's hope it does some good.

I bought a few big bags of wildbird seed and spread it around, so let's hope it does some good.

Growin' some fresh, homestyle birds up 'der in Nebraska :­D

:lol: Nope. That was for the poor hurt hurricane birds of Texas. They were looking for your house, but got lost. :lol:

How goes it H?

I;m doing well, Jsut kinda surfing instead of sleeping.. LOL

Surfing is good.

My mental telepathy must have been working... I will be up in Seattle by 06H00 your time.

Too bad you won't be downtown... I would buy you coffee. :D

Jesusfreak... I see you are on. At the moment I am preparing to fly from Indianapolis to Seattle, so I will wish you a good night with sweet dreams.

Have you finished your exam?

Aw, you posted right after I went to bed. I am not done with my exam, as you can probably guess by the fact that I'm up at 7am. >_< I have until 2:30pm to finish it.

Jesusfreak... I see you are on. At the moment I am preparing to fly from Indianapolis to Seattle, so I will wish you a good night with sweet dreams.

Aw, you posted right after I went to bed. I am not done with my exam, as you can probably guess by the fact that I'm up at 7am. >_

Just arrived in the hotel in Seattle. The only transportation available was a stretch limo... :lol: two scroungey pilots getting out of this limo. :lol:

Good thing no one was around to see us.

Going to bed now. Good luck getting your exam finished.

Aw, you posted right after I went to bed. I am not done with my exam, as you can probably guess by the fact that I'm up at 7am. >_< I have until 2:30pm to finish it.

Just arrived in the hotel in Seattle. The only transportation available was a stretch limo... :lol: two scroungey pilots getting out of this limo. :lol:

Ahaha, that is awesome. Stretch Limos are so impractical in so many situations.

Aw, you posted right after I went to bed. I am not done with my exam, as you can probably guess by the fact that I'm up at 7am. >_

Ahaha, that is awesome. Stretch Limos are so impractical in so many situations.

Especially the gas usage. :o

What a total waste of gas. The problem was that we got the only car left in the group.

The car had a television that we couldn't get to work, disco lighting, some kind of star lighting, a sun/moon roof, and if you sat with your back to the driver, you had those awful new high intensity car lights aimed into your retina. This car is only good if you have lots of people going to the prom.

Now here is something interesting...

Picture_10.png

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I thought MSN and Microsoft bots were basically the same, owned by the same people.

Any thoughts on this???? :huh:

Whenever I see this... no one else is ever around. Does Microsoft scare people off?

Wait...

I'm not alone.

Picture_11.png

I like this... Arkcher appears and the Microsoft bots run away and hide.

Picture_12.png

Found something interesting.. Some german performance artist by the name of Arnd Drossel.

You know we can't give links directly.

:lol: But that is close. :lol:

*runs off to look*

Thanks.

WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

A 265 pound human ball. Now that is going to make him fit!

How cool!!! His walk will benefit people with mental disorders.

Found something interesting.. Some german performance artist by the name of Arnd Drossel.

*runs off to look*

Thanks.

WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

yep.. He'll be healthy as a hamster, I'd bet.

*runs off to look*

Thanks.

WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

yep.. He'll be healthy as a hamster, I'd bet.

I want to follow that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :D

You always come up with the best, most interesting news.

*hands Lexxscrapham a scone*