Best friend of horatio club!

PARIS !!!!!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I move to Paris?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know.

Aw. I'm so sorry! :closedeyes:

I had the a horrible thing happen today too.

I was outside this morning flying my little helicopter outside, because I kept crashing into things in my room.

A gust of wind came and blew it onto the roof.

Luckily, it was the low part of the roof. So I got a ladder out, and went up..BUT I KNOCKED THE LADDER OVER!

That wasn't the worst part though. I had to jump down, and I was going to go in the front, but then I realized the side would be a lesser jump. So I went the side, and then I remember that we had tomato plants there, so I couldn't jump.

So I went back to the front side and jumped down and all was good. So I went over to the tomato plants to check them out, and they got HUGE! I don't know why I did, but I looked into this bucket thing, that my step dad put under the gutter, to use that water to water the plants, ya know...

Well, I looked in...and guess what I saw!

A chipmunk! :(:(

It was standing up perfectly straight, hands were out.

It was so cute, and I wanted to jump in and save it and perform CPR.

But I couldn't. I just couldn't get in there to save it.

It was probably long dead by then anyway, so my efforts would have meant nothing.

I want to cry, I feel soooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

*hugs, hugs, hugs*

I am so sorry.

If it was dead it wouldn't be standing. Couldn't you dump the bucket, let the chipmunk out then fill the bucket again? How about putting a screen over it, to allow the rain water in and keep out the critters?

Please go back and see if it is still there. Perhaps it is still alive and you can let it go.

Please go back out and check.

I first saw it like, 4 hours ago...

And then I checked back before I posted that last post, and it was still in a standing position....

Could it have really stayed alive that long?

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was outside this morning flying my little helicopter outside, because I kept crashing into things in my room.

Luckily, it was the low part of the roof. So I got a ladder out, and went up..BUT I KNOCKED THE LADDER OVER!

That wasn't the worst part though. I had to jump down, and I was going to go in the front, but then I realized the side would be a lesser jump. So I went the side, and then I remember that we had tomato plants there, so I couldn't jump.

So I went back to the front side and jumped down and all was good. So I went over to the tomato plants to check them out, and they got HUGE! I don't know why I did, but I looked into this bucket thing, that my step dad put under the gutter, to use that water to water the plants, ya know...

It was probably long dead by then anyway, so my efforts would have meant nothing.

*hugs, hugs, hugs*

I am so sorry.

If it was dead it wouldn't be standing. Couldn't you dump the bucket, let the chipmunk out then fill the bucket again? How about putting a screen over it, to allow the rain water in and keep out the critters?

Please go back and see if it is still there. Perhaps it is still alive and you can let it go.

And then I checked back before I posted that last post, and it was still in a standing position....

I don't know... if it was trying to save it's life.

I would still dump out the bucket and if it was deceased, get a shovel and bury it and if it was still alive, give it time to get away.

Having no idea how long it could stand, I would have dumped the bucket the first time I saw it.

*hugs, hugs, hugs*

I am so sorry.

I would still dump out the bucket and if it was deceased, get a shovel and bury it and if it was still alive, give it time to get away.

Having no idea how long it could stand, I would have dumped the bucket the first time I saw it.

I did, and I was left with a dead chipmunk. :closedeyes:

My stepdad burried it.

It looked dead the first time I saw it and I was freaking out, so I didn't even think to dump it out.

AND I KILLED ANOTHER ONE 10 MINUTES AGO!

I accidentally hit one driving home from dinner.

Now I'm afraid the chipmunks of my town are going to join together and kill me now!

:closedeyes: :closedeyes: :closedeyes: :closedeyes: :closedeyes: :closedeyes:

*hugs, hugs, hugs*

I am so sorry.

My stepdad burried it.

It looked dead the first time I saw it and I was freaking out, so I didn't even think to dump it out.

Now I'm afraid the chipmunks of my town are going to join together and kill me now!

Oh, I am so sorry. Did you stop and move the dead chipmunk out of the road?

*hugs, hugs, hugs*

I am so sorry.

My stepdad burried it.

OMG!!! thats terrible!

my brother's girlfriend's dad speeds up to hit squirrels! and other small creatures... ugh. yuck.

special request of horatio, and in honor of my birthday:

.............|\=/|....T a s t y C a k e s™ F o r E v e r y o n e !

............./6 6\

.......)) =\_Y_/=..........,,,,,..........|\=/|.-"""-.

.......(( ../ ^ \........... _|||||_ ....../6 6\.........\

....... \\ /| | |\.......{~*~*~*~}=\_Y_/=..(_ .;\

.........\( | | | )...__{*~*~*~*}__..^//_/-/__///

..........`"" ""`....`-------------`................... ((

TASTYCAKES!™

theyre tasty, and FDA approved!

OH, on a random but IMPORTANT topic

yall heard about how people thought tomatos in fastfood restaurants were making people sick right?

well they found out it was actually jalepinos.

so

DO NOT EAT JALEPINOS until they figure this mess out

that means no eating:

- salsa

- marie laveaux pizza (idk if they have that outside of louisiana but....)

- anything else that is spiced with jalepinos

just to be on the safe side.

*hugs, hugs, hugs*

I am so sorry.

My stepdad burried it.

OMG!!! thats terrible!

my brother's girlfriend's dad speeds up to hit squirrels! and other small creatures... ugh. yuck.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of person would use a 3000 to 5000 pound car to kill a small animal who weighs 1 to 2 pounds?

How horrible.

*hugs, hugs, hugs*

I am so sorry.

My stepdad burried it.

:closedeyes: :closedeyes: :closedeyes: :closedeyes:

OMG!!! thats terrible!

That's horrible! :closedeyes:

*hugs, hugs, hugs*

I am so sorry.

My stepdad burried it.

OMG!!! thats terrible!

i know, my brother does it sometimes to

my reaction: WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU PSYCHO!!!!

its terrible, i feed the lil squirrelies in my backyard :D

we have one with only a nub of a tail, and his name is Stubby McNubbs

*hugs, hugs, hugs*

I am so sorry.

My stepdad burried it.

OMG!!! thats terrible!

i know, my brother does it sometimes to

my reaction: WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU PSYCHO!!!!

its terrible, i feed the lil squirrelies in my backyard :D

we have one with only a nub of a tail, and his name is Stubby McNubbs

It is so sad that people have such low self-esteem that they have to kill defenseless little animals with a 3000 to 5000 pound car.

If I was his parent, he would lose car privileges when he killed an animal. If he wanted to drive he would have to go and buy his own car.

A couple pictures of Reno, Nevada.

The Truckee River running through downtown Reno.

Flowers on a light pole.

A sign that crosses a main street in downtown Reno.

Awesome.

Thanks! There were lots of casinos, but I didn't photograph pictures of them.

Flowers on a light pole.

Cool!

Flowers on a light pole.

Cool!

Thanks! The iPhone is amazing when you realize these are pictures it takes. Not too many options, but if you only want to carry one item, the iPhone makes life simple.

Flowers on a light pole.

Cool!

Thanks! The iPhone is amazing when you realize these are pictures it takes. Not too many options, but if you only want to carry one item, the iPhone makes life simple.

Wow, that is really impressive for a phone.

Flowers on a light pole.

Cool!

Exactly what I thought.

Flowers on a light pole.

Cool!

Exactly what I thought.

oh yeah i agree

the iphones pictures are so clear!

i think i'll go to the rock climbing gym later today...

Flowers on a light pole.

Cool!

Exactly what I thought.

oh yeah i agree

the iphones pictures are so clear!

i think i'll go to the rock climbing gym later today...

Have fun! :D

AH!!!!!

i got back from hades soccer camp today!

it was at LSU for the weekend

legs...burning

arms, dead

ACH'd...

it was great practice though, i learned so much and got to play with really good players and coaches, and I made great friends

but we did different sorts of training from 7 AM to 10 PM! SO MUCH TRAINING

AH!!!!!

legs...burning

arms, dead

ACH'd...

it was great practice though, i learned so much and got to play with really good players and coaches, and I made great friends

Welcome back!!!

You were missed. Glad to know that you had a great time. Sore muscles, those will disappear soon.

AH!!!!!

legs...burning

arms, dead

ACH'd...

Welcome back!!!

You were missed. Glad to know that you had a great time. Sore muscles, those will disappear soon.

my muscles or the soreness :P

both seem plausible

OMG YALL

I BOUGHT A HAMBURGER PHONE!!!! LIKE ONE OFF OF JUNO!!!!!!

ITS SOO FLADOODLIN' COOL!!!!

Fladoodles.... FLADOODLES! like on icarly! omgosh! are they real? i want to try some!

and ever sense I got back from soccer camp i've had a slight mississippi accent, all the girls on my team were from mississippi and had a really thick accent lol

AH!!!!!

legs...burning

arms, dead

ACH'd...

Welcome back!!!

both seem plausible

:lol: Good catch. :lol:

The soreness will disappear. Hopefully not your muscles.

You should be feeling better today. Are you?

People. are on. :blink:

untitled_edited.jpg

~Liz

Whoo Hoo !!!!!!!!!

That's a great sight!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Wasn't sure where to post it....

so I chose here. (duh)

~Liz

*applause*

Great place to post it.

I think you deserve an award for this...

The Red Rose Award!

*presents the award to Dog Lover*

AH!!!!!

legs...burning

arms, dead

ACH'd...

Welcome back!!!

both seem plausible

:lol: Good catch. :lol:

The soreness will disappear. Hopefully not your muscles.

You should be feeling better today. Are you?

Thanks to a heap of ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin, and several other pain relievers yes!

That's the second time a used "thanks a heap" on hamsterboard today...

"She lives on a Havasu reservation in Arizona

with her new husband and three replacement kids.

Oh, and she inexplicably mails me a cactus

every Valentine's day.

I'm Like, 'Thanks a heap, Coyote Ugly.

This cactus-gram stings even worse than your abandonment.'"

- Juno

and im going to say once again

I BOUGHT A HAMBURGER PHONE!!! YAY!!!

People. are on. :blink:

post-1940-1217269165_thumb.jpg

~Liz

Whoo Hoo !!!!!!!!!

That's a great sight!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Wasn't sure where to post it....

so I chose here. (duh)

~Liz

*applause*

Great place to post it.

I think you deserve an award for this...

The Red Rose Award!

*presents the award to Dog Lover*

lol wow that was easy.... :blink: too easy? :rolleyes:

~Liz

Today I was trying to have a peaceful cup of coffee when the construction workers started hammering at 07H00. I do admire them showing up for work early, but did they really have to start making so much noise????? My choice of music and theirs is totally different.

Today I was trying to have a peaceful cup of coffee when the construction workers started hammering at 07H00. I do admire them showing up for work early, but did they really have to start making so much noise????? My choice of music and theirs is totally different.

I HATE it when that happens. We don't get that at home, but it happens at college all the time, and sometimes at camp. Snowy days are the worst, because they start plowing the sidewalks around the dorm buildings at about 5am, which is way before anyone wants to be awake.

I HATE it when that happens. We don't get that at home, but it happens at college all the time, and sometimes at camp. Snowy days are the worst, because they start plowing the sidewalks around the dorm buildings at about 5am, which is way before anyone wants to be awake.

Lies... You mean people dont wake up that early?

Lies... You mean people dont wake up that early?

:lol: Shocker! Especially when it comes to construction workers. Of course, it is 12H23 and they have already left for the day. :lol:

Either the surf is up or the fish are biting. :rolleyes:

Good thing we don't have snow in Florida. I would hate hearing the snow plows at 05H00.

I BOUGHT A HAMBURGER PHONE!!! YAY!!!

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Can I eat it?

of course not!

its so awesome, haven't you ever seen juno???

hamburg1.jpg JUNO!!!

hamburg2.jpg The phone I bought!

Juno... absolutely.

I was just acting like a typical hamster... wanting to chew on anything and everything.

There is one hamster I am friends with who prefers plastic over everything else.

I had to get up at 5am for high school, but I was also going to sleep at about 8-9pm. :rolleyes:

Also, burger phone ftw XD

Only if I can eat it. :lol:

Mmmm....crunchy electronic goodness.... :rolleyes:

I get a charge out of electronic delicacies. :lol:

lolpun. :lol:

I get lucky every now and then. :lol:

So, today I went out for a bike ride. Had to force myself as it was sprinkling and I wasn't up for the rain before I got on the bike. But after I got going... the rain was nice.

Tomorrow I am taking the motorcycle to Orlando for it's annual service check and a new front tyre. On Friday I am picking up my new motorcycle... a DRZ400S. It will have knobbies for dirt. On Sunday, I am riding 270 miles, on the R1100S, from my cage to Captiva for breakfast and then back again. 540 miles roundtrip just to eat breakfast. :lol: If all works out... I will have some pictures to post.

Black motorcycles with black leather motorcycle gear are great for stalking.

Perhaps we ought to start a stalking club if we can't find a local chapter. :D

It's 23H55 and look at all the guests.

Picture_1.png

And at 00H06...

Picture_12.png

At 00H09...

Picture_16.png

At 00H11, Jesse disappeared... :(

Picture_17.png

And the numbers started going down.

My question is... if it is midnight in Florida, where in the world would it be around 18H00 to 20H00?

post-678-1217476612_thumb.png

And at 00H06...

post-678-1217477236_thumb.png

At 00H09...

post-678-1217477389_thumb.png

post-678-1217477524_thumb.png

My question is... if it is midnight in Florida, where in the world would it be around 18H00 to 20H00?

i think it has something to do with the googlebot

it must have some guest-spawning ability

thats my theorem!

Picture_1.png

And at 00H06...

Picture_12.png

At 00H09...

Picture_16.png

Picture_17.png

i think it has something to do with the googlebot

it must have some guest-spawning ability

thats my theorem!

Cool!!! I like that thinking.

So, Horatio, why is it that you're going 540 miles round trip to eat breakfast? XD

The same style of logic that prompts me to go all the way across town to the grocery store to just pick up one or two things. :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

Good comparison.

The only problem is that my bike can't love me back, whereas with you and Phil...

:wub::wub::wub:

'Course it's your bike, 'Raishey. :D

True. And this morning, I just bought a second bike. :rolleyes:

Another pretty black one. A DRZ400S. For dirt riding. :D

Here is a picture of it loaded on the truck with the replacement tyres.

post-678-1217613661_thumb.jpg

Ooh, looks like fun! ^_^ And random ADD comment: PALM TREES! XD k I'm done now. :rolleyes:

'Course it's your bike, 'Raishey. :D

True. And this morning, I just bought a second bike. :rolleyes:

Another pretty black one. A DRZ400S. For dirt riding. :D

Here is a picture of it loaded on the truck with the replacement tyres.

IMG_0312_2.JPG

Ooh, looks like fun! ^_^ And random ADD comment: PALM TREES! XD k I'm done now. :rolleyes:

I'll send you some... PALM TREES.

They multiply worse than rabbits. :lol:

I'll get a picture of a mexican palm sometime. Though, my parents did decide to have Sago Palms.

Anyone else like plumerias?

We had three Sago Palms and they got some sort of disease. They are nice when they are low to the ground, as they get taller I don't really care for them.

Plus... down here they are ultra expensive. My favorite is the Bismarck Palm.

Plumerias... we have them down here, but I can't remember what they look like.

In the picture I took, the space between the fronds were sort of heart-shaped.

Yeah, Sagos don't look as good when they get older.

We had a couple of plumerias to start with, but we kept transferring the broken off limbs and now we have a lot of them. And they're the ones with the flowers used for leis. :D

And yes, that frond spacing does look heart shaped. :wub: Where I used to live, we had two really tall palm trees, and when it was windy the fronds would fly all over the place. I was hit in the head with one. XD

We had a couple of plumerias to start with, but we kept transferring the broken off limbs and now we have a lot of them. And they're the ones with the flowers used for leis. :D

And yes, that frond spacing does look heart shaped. :wub: Where I used to live, we had two really tall palm trees, and when it was windy the fronds would fly all over the place. I was hit in the head with one. XD

:blink::blink::blink:

What were you doing out in such a wind? :lol:

Plumerias... I was thinking frangipanis. Now I have to look up the plumeria.

We have a yellow frangipani in the back yard. I would really love to have a pink one. The smell luscious.

I love palm trees. We don't have them up here. I was really really excited to see them when we went down to Florida for spring break.

Also, I think the word you're looking for a couple posts back is "tires" not "tyres" :lol:

Actually tyres is an equally correct spelling.

Check Merriam-Webster. :D

We have a yellow frangipani in the back yard. I would really love to have a pink one. The smell luscious.

Haha, I was helping my family pick them up out of the street so they wouldn't be dangerous for other people.

I looked it up, I think they're the same plant. I have yellows, pinks, and the deep magenta looking ones. :D

Haha, I was helping my family pick them up out of the street so they wouldn't be dangerous for other people.

I looked it up, I think they're the same plant. I have yellows, pinks, and the deep magenta looking ones. :D

Researched it... they are the same. Deep magenta???? I want some of those. They would look so pretty and we don't have deep magenta.

Left my cage about 04H00 and rode the bike about 250 miles to meet some people for breakfast. We rode another 30 plus miles and ended up in Captiva.

Here is a picture of our bikes in front of the restaurant. DSCN5203.JPG The weather was beautiful, the restaurant was fantastic and we all enjoyed ourselves. After breakfast, we decided to go to the beach. Spent a little time there and decided it was time to part ways. A few people stayed at the beach, the other guys went on to the next eating event... lunch and I rode with them a while before heading back home. The ride home was going well until the skies opened up and this continued for almost 150 miles. The last 50 miles were sunny and I was able to dry out. Only 0.6 miles from my driveway, my back tyre went flat. The bike was too heavy for me to walk it uphill, so I had to ride it with the flat. How fortunate I was so close to my cage when the flat occurred, considering it was 20H21. After a hot sand shower, I ate some soup, a salad, and hopped on here. All in all today was spectacular!!!

Oh... I forgot to say, my bike is the yellow one. :D

Left my cage about 04H00 and rode the bike about 250 miles to meet some people for breakfast. We rode another 30 plus miles and ended up in Captiva.

Here is a picture of our bikes in front of the restaurant. post-678-1217811507_thumb.jpg The weather was beautiful, the restaurant was fantastic and we all enjoyed ourselves. After breakfast, we decided to go to the beach. Spent a little time there and decided it was time to part ways. A few people stayed at the beach, the other guys went on to the next eating event... lunch and I rode with them a while before heading back home. The ride home was going well until the skies opened up and this continued for almost 150 miles. The last 50 miles were sunny and I was able to dry out. Only 0.6 miles from my driveway, my back tyre went flat. The bike was too heavy for me to walk it uphill, so I had to ride it with the flat. How fortunate I was so close to my cage when the flat occurred, considering it was 20H21. After a hot sand shower, I ate some soup, a salad, and hopped on here. All in all today was spectacular!!!

thats burger-flippin sweet!

i would kill an inanimate object for a motorcycle! or a Lamborghini...

just incase anyone was wondering why i haven't been on every like 10 seconds im in texas

i saw a john mayor concert last night! and we got VIP passes to this after party type thing and John Mayor didnt show up :'[

but Colbie Callait, who opened for john mayor, was there and she is the sweetest person in the universe

and i got to see david ryan harris (he got us the VIP passes) who is john's guitarist and hes just super nice too

OHHHH and John Mayor was SHIRTLESS THE ENTIRE CONCERT!!!! and his abs are smokin'!

that man is fine

Here is a picture of our bikes in front of the restaurant. post-678-1217811507_thumb.jpg The weather was beautiful, the restaurant was fantastic and we all enjoyed ourselves. After breakfast, we decided to go to the beach. Spent a little time there and decided it was time to part ways. A few people stayed at the beach, the other guys went on to the next eating event... lunch and I rode with them a while before heading back home. The ride home was going well until the skies opened up and this continued for almost 150 miles. The last 50 miles were sunny and I was able to dry out. Only 0.6 miles from my driveway, my back tyre went flat. The bike was too heavy for me to walk it uphill, so I had to ride it with the flat. How fortunate I was so close to my cage when the flat occurred, considering it was 20H21. After a hot sand shower, I ate some soup, a salad, and hopped on here. All in all today was spectacular!!!

So, it was fun, yes? :D

Here is a picture of our bikes in front of the restaurant. DSCN5203.JPG The weather was beautiful, the restaurant was fantastic and we all enjoyed ourselves. After breakfast, we decided to go to the beach. Spent a little time there and decided it was time to part ways. A few people stayed at the beach, the other guys went on to the next eating event... lunch and I rode with them a while before heading back home. The ride home was going well until the skies opened up and this continued for almost 150 miles. The last 50 miles were sunny and I was able to dry out. Only 0.6 miles from my driveway, my back tyre went flat. The bike was too heavy for me to walk it uphill, so I had to ride it with the flat. How fortunate I was so close to my cage when the flat occurred, considering it was 20H21. After a hot sand shower, I ate some soup, a salad, and hopped on here. All in all today was spectacular!!!

thats burger-flippin sweet!

i would kill an inanimate object for a motorcycle! or a Lamborghini...

just incase anyone was wondering why i haven't been on every like 10 seconds im in texas

i saw a john mayor concert last night! and we got VIP passes to this after party type thing and John Mayor didnt show up :'[

but Colbie Callait, who opened for john mayor, was there and she is the sweetest person in the universe

and i got to see david ryan harris (he got us the VIP passes) who is john's guitarist and hes just super nice too

OHHHH and John Mayor was SHIRTLESS THE ENTIRE CONCERT!!!! and his abs are smokin'!

that man is fine

Go for the motorcycle!!!! Way, way waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper. :lol:

The good news is that you won't have to stop at every gas station you pass.

Wave to Arkcher. He lives in Texas.

Glad to hear you had a great time at the concert. Sorry to hear John Mayor didn't show up, but it sounds like you had a fun there as well.

Ohhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeessssssssssss!

The night before, I was thinking... do I really want to ride all this way for breakfast when I could just ride locally. Well, I woke up five minutes prior to my alarm clock going off, and I decided to start riding and see how I felt. Well, it felt great to I was really happy that I went.

Now this is what makes me unhappy...

DSCN5207.JPG

The night before, I was thinking... do I really want to ride all this way for breakfast when I could just ride locally. Well, I woke up five minutes prior to my alarm clock going off, and I decided to start riding and see how I felt. Well, it felt great to I was really happy that I went.

post-678-1217851671_thumb.jpg

lol you and your tyres. :rolleyes: I figured your bike was the yellow one, it's the only one with Florida plates. :rolleyes:

DSCN5207.JPG

lol you and your tyres. :rolleyes: I figured your bike was the yellow one, it's the only one with Florida plates. :rolleyes:

:huh::huh::huh:

You are so sharp.

*gives Jesusfreak a coupon for an all expenses paid romantic dinner for two*

I didn't even notice that and I was riding with them. LOL

I did know that two of the bikes were from Mississippi, but never noticed the others.

You are so sharp.

I did know that two of the bikes were from Mississippi, but never noticed the others.

Hahaha. :lol: ooooh dinner. ^_^

And I had problems posting too, as I'm sure you saw in my siggy. 'Twas probably for the best though, I was *really* tired and quite out of it.

Oh... I forgot to say, my bike is the yellow one.

So, it was fun, yes?

DSCN5207.JPG

You are so sharp.

Hahaha. LOL ooooh dinner. ^_^

And I had problems posting too, as I'm sure you saw in my siggy. 'Twas probably for the best though, I was *really* tired and quite out of it.

Posting when you are really, really tired makes for some of the funniest posts. :lol:

I thought you might like the dinner. :D

Oh... I forgot to say, my bike is the yellow one.

So, it was fun, yes?

You are so sharp.

Hahaha. LOL ooooh dinner. ^_^

Posting when you are really, really tired makes for some of the funniest posts. :lol:

I thought you might like the dinner. :D

lol true. :lol:

Well, it's 04H49, the recyclables are out and I am late going to a jog. Starting out late and I have so much to do.

*had a difficult time getting up at 9am* :rolleyes:

Welcome to the afternoon. :lol:

I'm still used to the college time zone. :lol:

Why change in the summer when you just have to revert in the fall. LOL

Today I had to do a little work... I flew from Memphis to Indianapolis, hopped out of the plane for about 30 minutes and then took off from Indianapolis and headed for Oakland, California. Now we are staying in the hotel in San Francisco. Tomorrow I will wander around and take pictures if anyone wants.

Today I had to do a little work... I flew from Memphis to Indianapolis, hopped out of the plane for about 30 minutes and then took off from Indianapolis and headed for Oakland, California. Now we are staying in the hotel in San Francisco. Tomorrow I will wander around and take pictures if anyone wants.

Ooh fun. ^_^ Fed-ex pays for your hotel stays, I assume?

We are cheap airline pilots... they have to pay or else we would be sleeping in the jet. :lol:

Actually that is one of the great benefits of the job, you get to go to fun places and if the schedule permits, you can do a little sight seeing.

For example, we got in last night and do not leave until 04H00 local time Tuesday morning. So, I will have today and tomorrow to have some fun.

We are cheap airline pilots... they have to pay or else we would be sleeping in the jet. :lol:

Actually that is one of the great benefits of the job, you get to go to fun places and if the schedule permits, you can do a little sight seeing.

For example, we got in last night and do not leave until 04H00 local time Tuesday morning. So, I will have today and tomorrow to have some fun.

I've been wanting to ask you this for a while...

Do you find it easier being a cargo airline pilot knowing you don't have the lives of hundreds as you would if you were a passanger airline pilot?

Do you find it easier being a cargo airline pilot knowing you don't have the lives of hundreds as you would if you were a passanger airline pilot?

Don't even consider it. We carry a few 'jumpseaters' (passengers), but even if it is only myself and my first officer, we always have safety as our primary concern which is the same as the passenger airlines. Pilots always err on the side of caution/safety, so what is in the back does not matter. When passengers come into a pilot's consideration is when there are delays, or a deviation to another destination because of weather or mechanical, now you have to advise them of what is happening.

Hope this helps.

Don't even consider it. We carry a few 'jumpseaters' (passengers), but even if it is only myself and my first officer, we always have safety as our primary concern which is the same as the passenger airlines. Pilots always err on the side of caution/safety, so what is in the back does not matter. When passengers come into a pilot's consideration is when there are delays, or a deviation to another destination because of weather or mechanical, now you have to advise them of what is happening.

Hope this helps.

Makes sense to me. Airplane crashes are no fun, regardless of who or what is involved.

Hope this helps.

Makes sense to me. Airplane crashes are no fun, regardless of who or what is involved.

:lol: An airplane crash could ruin your whole day. :lol:

Hope this helps.

More than your whole day, I imagine. :rolleyes: When dad crashed his ultralight, he was hurting for quite a long time.

Hope this helps.

More than your whole day, I imagine. :rolleyes: When dad crashed his ultralight, he was hurting for quite a long time.

How painful. Not only to the body, but to the bank account. Glad to know your father was not hurt seriously.

Hope this helps.

How painful. Not only to the body, but to the bank account. Glad to know your father was not hurt seriously.

Eh, it wasn't too bad overall. He now knows to not fly obsolete weight-shift controlled aircraft. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

Eh, it wasn't too bad overall. He now knows to not fly obsolete weight-shift controlled aircraft. :rolleyes:

Well, that's one way to learn. :lol:

Was up at 03H00 in San Francisco and flew to Indianapolis. It is now 14H30 Indianapolis time, and I have to figure out what to do next. I am getting up at midnight to fly from Indianapolis to Charlotte, North Carolina. At least when I get there, it will be time to go to sleep.

23 guests, 5 members, 0 anonymous members

dog lover, Yahoo.com, Topazia, TheBreakfastMonkey, Horatio, Google.com, wannabeflmkr

Show detailed by: Last Click, Member Name

:D

~Liz

That post is worth an award!!!

*hands Dog Lover The Red Rose Award*

dog lover, Yahoo.com, Topazia, TheBreakfastMonkey, Horatio, Google.com, wannabeflmkr

~Liz

LOL it really wasn't that hard to do...

~Liz

~Liz

~Liz

It wasn't the action, but the thought behind the action. :D

~Liz

~Liz

It wasn't the action, but the thought behind the action. :D

Ah, OK. And it would be even better if I still kept track of awards... :rolleyes:

But thank you anyway!

~Liz

post-1940-1218663644_thumb.jpg

Lots of people have been on today...

;)

~Liz

WOAH! Where did HK post and how did I miss it? :o

You already responded to it. :lol:

*decides not to tell where*

I did just now, but not before Liz linked to it. And no wonder, it was in the written stuff forum, which I usually don't wander around too much. :rolleyes:

I am the top poster today!!! woooooohoooooo :D

~Liz

Congratulations!

Now for me to do a little catch-up.

Today we arrived in Los Angeles around 05H00 and headed for the hotel. It is in Marina Del Rey. Very close to the water.

Next time I will bring the camera, but for today, I walked for about 10 miles. Now back to bed for a little nap before we fly from Los Angeles to Newark.

~Liz

Congratulations!

Today we arrived in Los Angeles around 05H00 and headed for the hotel. It is in Marina Del Rey. Very close to the water.

Next time I will bring the camera, but for today, I walked for about 10 miles. Now back to bed for a little nap before we fly from Los Angeles to Newark.

I am definitely becoming a pilot and you are hooking me up at FedEx!

Tell me if you ever fly to New York!

~Liz

Congratulations!

*cough* are we allowed to mention airports in our somewhat general area?

:unsure:

~Liz

~Liz

Congratulations!

*cough* are we allowed to mention airports in our somewhat general area?

:unsure:

~Liz

New York??????

That's pretty general, wouldn't you say? :lol:

~Liz

Congratulations!

If you are serious, please let me know so I can help you with some guidance to say you from wasting years.

I have flown in your area before, but not now. I would have to change airplanes. :lol:

~Liz

Congratulations!

If you are serious, please let me know so I can help you with some guidance to say you from wasting years.

I have flown in your area before, but not now. I would have to change airplanes. :lol:

What I had originally put is not that close to me, so I didn't think it mattered. Sorry.

I actually am considering it. It seems exciting to travel to all these amazing places.

~Liz

Congratulations!

What I had originally put is not that close to me, so I didn't think it mattered. Sorry.

I actually am considering it. It seems exciting to travel to all these amazing places.

If you are considering it, now is the time for us to have a discussion about your options.

You can either start a topic, we can do it here in my topic or we can do it privately.

~Liz

Congratulations!

If you are considering it, now is the time for us to have a discussion about your options.

You can either start a topic, we can do it here in my topic or we can do it privately.

Whatever you think would be best.

~Liz

Congratulations!

Right here is fine. Perhaps other people would be interested.

~Liz

Congratulations!

Alrighty. Where should we begin?

~Liz

Congratulations!

Begin by reminding me what grade you are in and then let me know if you are against joining the military.

~Liz

Congratulations!

Begin by reminding me what grade you are in and then let me know if you are against joining the military.

I am in 11th grade and would prefer to not join the military.

Yeah, I decided to see how the boards were doing, then started getting all nostalgic when I was looking around, and who can resist you guys anyways? <3

So, theoretically, I'm here to stay. Though I did buy guild wars, so we'll see how that goes.

Yeah, I decided to see how the boards were doing, then started getting all nostalgic when I was looking around, and who can resist you guys anyways?

So, theoretically, I'm here to stay. Though I did buy guild wars, so we'll see how that goes.

You were soooooooooooooooooo missed!!!!!!!

Glad you are back. While you were gone, Hamster Luver stopped in.

Just thought I would let you all know that I am heading off to my cage, turning off Adam and trying to get some sleep. I need to get up at 00H30 to get ready to go to work. Will be flying to Vancouver tonight. Will try and take some pictures for you all. That is if anyone wants to see.

Just thought I would let you all know that I am heading off to my cage, turning off Adam and trying to get some sleep. I need to get up at 00H30 to get ready to go to work. Will be flying to Vancouver tonight. Will try and take some pictures for you all. That is if anyone wants to see.

3am??? :o *gives Horatio some coffee*

CHEESIE!!! <3 <3 <3

I was worried! ...and stuff.

YOU MUST TALK TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

P.S. Blue sweaters

Herro der!

{(:B)

You should consider reading my Invision story over in the Stories place here. It's awesome!