Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Best friend of horatio club!

PARIS !!!!!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I move to Paris?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know.

... and I thought P.E. was all about getting some Physical Exercise... :lol: not Physical Education... :lol:

it stands for physical education, which is fitting, seeing as half of what we do is only learning about sports and not actually doing them.

Yep. >_>

because learning about who invented volleyball is so important for my future!

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... and I thought P.E. was all about getting some Physical Exercise... :lol: not Physical Education... :lol:

it stands for physical education, which is fitting, seeing as half of what we do is only learning about sports and not actually doing them.

Yep. >_>

Exactly! :lol:

Yep. >_>

Ugh, yeah, I think the sheer uselessness of that information is what bothered me the most.

Yep. >_>

Ugh, yeah, I think the sheer uselessness of that information is what bothered me the most.

Totally absurd. Common sense would be to have some sort of exercise program that would benefit everyone.

Duh... :wacko:

Yep. >_>

Totally absurd. Common sense would be to have some sort of exercise program that would benefit everyone.

lol you would think that now wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

Yep. >_>

Yeah. o.O

Yep. >_>

Yeah. o.O

Pretty soon students will have to memorize various sports statistics in order to pass the course.

They can be couch potatoes, but if they know the statistics of various players, they get an "A" for the course. :rolleyes:

Yep. >_>

Yeah. o.O

Pretty soon students will have to memorize various sports statistics in order to pass the course.

They can be couch potatoes, but if they know the statistics of various players, they get an "A" for the course. :rolleyes:

Oh goodness, I hope not. >_<

Wow your gym classes sound horrible. I think I only did one "research" thing that I don't think took much work, other than that we played games and did those stupid physical tests that I always failed except sit-ups. Thank goodness they did not force me to pass those. I think my lowest time for the mile run was 9:30. :rolleyes: I tried though, honestly!

The worst part about the class for me was when the hardcore athletes got too competitive about it. Or when people ganged up on me, since I guess I appeared to be an easy target. <_< Good thing I was done with the class after sophomore year in high school.

I think I might make a good gym teacher.

"alright, this month's test is Mixed Martial arts, last one standing gets an A+."

"okay, Dodgeball time everyone" *heaves a soccer ball at random lardbutt slacker type*

and, of course, as they will inevitable require some sort of classroom segment:

a lecture series on the History and evolution of various althetic apparel..

I think I might make a good gym teacher.

"alright, this month's test is Mixed Martial arts, last one standing gets an A+."

"okay, Dodgeball time everyone" *heaves a soccer ball at random lardbutt slacker type*

and, of course, as they will inevitable require some sort of classroom segment:

a lecture series on the History and evolution of various althetic apparel..

Sport apparel... now that's a good one. :lol:

I would be the first one on the floor in the Martial Arts class. :lol:

Wow your gym classes sound horrible. I think I only did one "research" thing that I don't think took much work, other than that we played games and did those stupid physical tests that I always failed except sit-ups. Thank goodness they did not force me to pass those. I think my lowest time for the mile run was 9:30. :rolleyes: I tried though, honestly!

The worst part about the class for me was when the hardcore athletes got too competitive about it. Or when people ganged up on me, since I guess I appeared to be an easy target. <_ good thing i was done with the class after sophomore year in high school.>

Softball was the dreaded game for me. Could never catch the ball, could never hit the ball and was always the last person picked for a team.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

My fastest mile is a ten minute mile. So you have me beat by 30 seconds. :D

This is how bad a job the school system is doing with physical fitness education: I get more exercise from playing tennis on Wii Sports than I do playing Tennis in class.

Now, fencing. We should learn THAT in P.E. The emo kids would enjoy it, too

This is how bad a job the school system is doing with physical fitness education: I get more exercise from playing tennis on Wii Sports than I do playing Tennis in class.

Fencing would be great if it was taught. I agree... it should be offered.

Fencing would be so awesome! My favorite gym unit was in middle school when we had an entire gymnastics unit. That was awesome. ^_^ My biggest problem was that I just don't like competitive sports. Probably because I'm bad at most of them. :rolleyes: I was fine in floor hockey, as long as people weren't trying to chop my feet off with a hockey stick. And I was decent at ghetto kickball* because there was some strategy involved.

*Ghetto kickball is something we did in high school. We played in our tiny gym, and it was mostly like regular kickball. The differences were that you could have as many people as you wanted on a base (which was great because you didn't have to run if you knew you were going to get out by running), and when you were running to home, if you were clear to go on to first base again, you could do that and it would still count as a run, and you wouldn't have to kick again until the next time you stopped at home. So as long as I could kick the ball and make it to first base without getting out, I was usually fine, because I could run to the next base when I was clear, and I could usually make it back around to first base without stopping at home. The fun part was when you get one of the hot-headed guys that think they're the master of all things sports, because they were usually the catcher, and they would try and throw that ball at you from halfway across the gym to get out out and miss, so the ball would go rolling across the gym into some far corner, and you could keep running bases until they got their act back together and stopped trying to get people out. :rolleyes: Also, if you could kick the ball above a line painted on the back wall of the gym, it was an automatic safe trip to first base, and if you could kick it and hit the box painted on the wall, it was an automatic home run, or something like that. (I was bad at kicking)

Fencing would be so awesome! My favorite gym unit was in middle school when we had an entire gymnastics unit. That was awesome. ^_^ My biggest problem was that I just don't like competitive sports. Probably because I'm bad at most of them. :rolleyes: I was fine in floor hockey, as long as people weren't trying to chop my feet off with a hockey stick. And I was decent at ghetto kickball* because there was some strategy involved.

*Ghetto kickball is something we did in high school. We played in our tiny gym, and it was mostly like regular kickball. The differences were that you could have as many people as you wanted on a base (which was great because you didn't have to run if you knew you were going to get out by running), and when you were running to home, if you were clear to go on to first base again, you could do that and it would still count as a run, and you wouldn't have to kick again until the next time you stopped at home. So as long as I could kick the ball and make it to first base without getting out, I was usually fine, because I could run to the next base when I was clear, and I could usually make it back around to first base without stopping at home. The fun part was when you get one of the hot-headed guys that think they're the master of all things sports, because they were usually the catcher, and they would try and throw that ball at you from halfway across the gym to get out out and miss, so the ball would go rolling across the gym into some far corner, and you could keep running bases until they got their act back together and stopped trying to get people out. :rolleyes: Also, if you could kick the ball above a line painted on the back wall of the gym, it was an automatic safe trip to first base, and if you could kick it and hit the box painted on the wall, it was an automatic home run, or something like that. (I was bad at kicking)

I was bad at competitive sports as well... hamsters are good at running, which I was, but not fast.

Ghetto kickball sounds fun.

I was going to say something, but it took too long to load this page and I forgot what I was going to say. D:

Dial-up is killing me.

Write it down. :lol:

*sends Arkcher a note pad and pencil for alongside his computer*

Fencing would be great if it was taught. I agree... it should be offered.

but we can't because someone might get a minor injury and sue the whole school system. That's what happened with dodgeball, yet Football is still allowed for some reason.

Then again, football has half-times and a multitude of safety equipment.

• 2 weeks later...
Today we had another successful and magnificent space launch!!!

No pics... but I just wanted to let you know how terrific the lift-off

and path into outer space was. :D

Awesome! I think I saw something about it on the news last night, but it was only in passing as I was in the process of microwaving some s'mores. :lol:

Awesome! I think I saw something about it on the news last night, but it was only in passing as I was in the process of microwaving some s'mores. :lol:

WHATTTTTTTT????

You sandwiched the launch in between some s'mores??????

Well, at least you were aware of it. LOL

The commander is a friend of some of my colleagues and about 40 of them were going down to the Space Center to watch the launch.

They were fortunate to watch from really, REALLY close up!

WHATTTTTTTT????

The commander is a friend of some of my colleagues and about 40 of them were going down to the Space Center to watch the launch.

I put a rocket launch in between two s'mores once. It was kinda explode-y, but it was pretty good. Better than that time I put nuclear dust in my chocolate milk.

WHATTTTTTTT????

I put a rocket launch in between two s'mores once. It was kinda explode-y, but it was pretty good. Better than that time I put nuclear dust in my chocolate milk.

Nuclear dust in your chocolate milk... not too tasty I would imagine. :lol:

WHATTTTTTTT????

Ooh, that's really cool! ^_^

Well, after it fries your taste buds, nothing will taste bad.

Or good, for that matter.

WHATTTTTTTT????

Ooh, that's really cool! ^_^

Exactly what I was thinking! I would love to have that opportunity to be up that close. :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Good point!

No taste buds... no problem!

actually, it was quite good. =O

Sunday, the son of a very good friend of mine passed away in his home in Paris. His name is Yves St. Laurent.

His mother's heart is aching even though he had a long life.

Please keep his family in your thoughts, heart and prayers during this time of sadness.

Horatio

Sunday, the son of a very good friend of mine passed away in his home in Paris. His name is Yves St. Laurent.

Please keep his family in your thoughts, heart and prayers during this time of sadness.

Horatio

My sympathies. :closedeyes:

How did he die?

Horatio

You knew him!? That's crazy.

I'm sorry about his passing and his mommmmma and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Horatio

I'm sorry about his passing and his mommmmma and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Yes, and his mother.

Horatio

Yes, and his mother.

His mother is still alive, correct?

How did you meet them?

Horatio

Yes, and his mother.

His mother is still alive, correct?

How did you meet them?

Yes, his mother is still alive.

I met his mother first when I was over in Paris. We became friends and the rest followed

from our friendship.

Horatio

My sympathies. :closedeyes:

How did he die?

Thanks.

At the moment, I am not certain what exactly happened. I have been trying to telephone his mother. My plans are to try again tomorrow

and possibly go to Paris for the funeral if I can get off work.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, today started out as one of 'those' days. But... it is turning out to be a spectacular day.

My new DRZ400S should be coming in within the next two weeks. Whoo Hoo !!!!!!!!!!

If you can't find a way to make something happen, just start eating your way up the food chain. :D

That's exactly what I did. And... voila, I have made something happen. Now... let's see if they really mean what they say.

Thought you might like to have a picture of my airplane if Boise, Idaho.

DSCN5058.JPG

Do you fly the same plane everytime?

No, we have a bunch. Here are the numbers of airplanes we will have in each different category for the next couple years.

My plane is the Airbus 300 or Airbus 310. I am certified in both and fly whichever one is scheduled for the route I am to fly.

Picture_15.png

As you can see, we have 129 Airbus aircraft.

So I probably won't fly them all, as we have some in Subic Bay, Phillipines, and Paris, France, as well as the U.S.A..

But I could possibly fly a large number of them.

post-678-1213303707_thumb.jpg

No, we have a bunch. Here are the numbers of airplanes we will have in each different category for the next couple years.

My plane is the Airbus 300 or Airbus 310. I am certified in both and fly whichever one is scheduled for the route I am to fly.

post-678-1213309648_thumb.png

So I probably won't fly them all, as we have some in Subic Bay, Phillipines, and Paris, France, as well as the U.S.A..

That's pretty cool! ^_^

DSCN5058.JPG

Picture_15.png

That's pretty cool! ^_^

Nice way to make a living. :lol:

post-678-1213303707_thumb.jpg

post-678-1213309648_thumb.png

That's pretty cool! ^_^

What is like, your position..

Your.. er... real title.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

DSCN5058.JPG

Picture_15.png

That's pretty cool! ^_^

What is like, your position..

Your.. er... real title.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

Captain. :D

A couple pictures of one of the local foliage terrorists.

DSCN5079_3.JPG DSCN5081_2.JPG

If you are outside at night, you can hear them crunching on the leaves.

And these are not your average, harmless, little grasshopper. These are jumbo, monster, uber-mega-hyper-sized grasshoppers. :o

post-678-1213327140_thumb.jpg post-678-1213327167_thumb.jpg

And these are not your average, harmless, little grasshopper. These are jumbo, monster, uber-mega-hyper-sized grasshoppers. :o

Cool! ^_^

Cool! ^_^

NOT cool!!!

These foliage terrorists can clean a bush in about one day. I won't kill them, but I sure hate that they eat all my beautiful plants.

They are not even afraid of humans... I was really, REALLY close to this one and all it did was look at me between bites. :o

Cool! ^_^

NOT cool!!!

These foliage terrorists can clean a bush in about one day. I won't kill them, but I sure hate that they eat all my beautiful plants.

They are not even afraid of humans... I was really, REALLY close to this one and all it did was look at me between bites. :o

Oh wow. Eating your plants isn't cool. :blink:

That's one giant critter :blink: Is there any way to deal with these things?

That's one giant critter :blink: Is there any way to deal with these things?

Don't I wish. I won't use chemicals on my plants as I don't like pesticides, etc., so I try and find something which the grasshoppers don't like.

I have used some crazy things to try and stop them. Nothing seems to work.

What are your thoughts... I am considering riding my motorcycle to every state in the U.S.A., then up to Alaska and fly it to Hawaii.

If I can work it out, I would like to do this to benefit a charity.

SWEET! Can I come? :lol:

Sure. I'm getting a second bike. We'll have to work it in before you go back to school.

What charity do you think we should ride for?

What are your thoughts... I am considering riding my motorcycle to every state in the U.S.A., then up to Alaska and fly it to Hawaii.

Sure. I'm getting a second bike. We'll have to work it in before you go back to school.

lol I was just playing around about my joining you, I've got way too much going on right now. Although I'd love to do something similar at some point in my life or another. A charity.....possible ideas include scholarship funds, research funds, how about the make-a-wish foundation? They're pretty awesome.

lol I was just playing around about my joining you, I've got way too much going on right now. Although I'd love to do something similar at some point in my life or another. A charity.....possible ideas include scholarship funds, research funds, how about the make-a-wish foundation? They're pretty awesome.

Ohhhhhhhh. :(

This won't happen too soon as I need to do some preparation and planning.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation is a group I really like, I was also thinking of the March of Dimes.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation is a group I really like, I was also thinking of the March of Dimes.

March of Dimes is another really good one. I'm trying to think of other good ones, but I'm drawing a blank.

March of Dimes is another really good one. I'm trying to think of other good ones, but I'm drawing a blank.

We have time.

We have time.

Awesome charity = EJAF (Elton John AIDS foundation.) Look it up. I would give the url but I can't.

~Liz

We have time.

Awesome charity = EJAF (Elton John AIDS foundation.) Look it up. I would give the url but I can't.

~Liz

awesomer charity: Joey Ramone Lymphoma Foundation

awesomest charity: The Mother 3 Translation Charity (NOTE: doesn't actually exist)

Awesome Charity:

Nick's pocket! :P

You better hurry up before gas prices go up to 2348923493298328 dollars an ounce.

I went to a gas station one morning before school to get gum, and the gas was $4.23.

When I went back with my friend later to get gas, it was $4.31.

It rose 8 cents in 8 hours! :o

Awesome Charity:

You better hurry up before gas prices go up to 2348923493298328 dollars an ounce.

I went to a gas station one morning before school to get gum, and the gas was $4.23.

I know. >_< I freaked when I got home and realized gas was over $4 a gallon. (It was less than that when I left NJ in May)

Awesome Charity:

I know. >_

My bike gets 78 miles to a gallon. :D

Awesome Charity:

I know. >_< I freaked when I got home and realized gas was over $4 a gallon. (It was less than that when I left NJ in May)

my shoes get waaay more than that, assuming i get breaks

Awesome Charity:

My car only gets about 20.

It isn't great, but it could be wors.e

Awesome Charity:

That's awesome! ^_^ My car gets close to 30 I think. Or at least it used to. Since the check engine light went on, it seems to be going through gas faster. We figure one of the sensors in the engine probably got crudded up, so the car isn't running as efficiently as it should.

Awesome Charity:

I know. >_

That's awesome! ^_^ My car gets close to 30 I think. Or at least it used to. Since the check engine light went on, it seems to be going through gas faster. We figure one of the sensors in the engine probably got crudded up, so the car isn't running as efficiently as it should.

:( I guess your father is going to be doing a little mechanic work before you head back to school.

Awesome Charity:

I know. >_

Ouch! 20? That would kill me.

Awesome Charity:

I know. >_

Now this is great mileage!!!!!!

Orders two pairs of Mushroom_king's shoes (one for the front and one for the back).

Awesome Charity:

Orders two pairs of Mushroom_king's shoes (one for the front and one for the back).

For your free gift would you like Rainbow or Tape Measure suspenders?

Awesome Charity:

I know. >_

The Rainbow suspenders would be wonderful.

Awesome Charity:

:( I guess your father is going to be doing a little mechanic work before you head back to school.

Oh that's a given. :rolleyes: Hopefully sometime like this week Dad's going to look at a few things and replace the spark plugs, and at some point this summer the engine needs to come apart. Not fun, but you have to do what you have to do.

Awesome Charity:

I know. >_

Oh that's a given. :rolleyes: Hopefully sometime like this week Dad's going to look at a few things and replace the spark plugs, and at some point this summer the engine needs to come apart. Not fun, but you have to do what you have to do.

Only if you have talent.

There are some of us who should never be permitted to pick up a tool. :lol:

Awesome Charity:

alright then. Your package should come in OVER NINE THOUSAAAND hours.

Awesome Charity:

You have a car? How much older are you than me? Do you have your license?

*Still only has learner's permit and no car of her own*

~Liz

Awesome Charity:

Thankfully I don't have my liscense yet, so I don't drive it much.

I need to find a job before I get a different one.

This car was my grandpa's, so my grandma still has it under her name, so the insurance is nearly half of what it would have been for me, so that's a definite plus.

Awesome Charity:

I know. >_

alright then. Your package should come in OVER NINE THOUSAAAND hours.

I can wait. :D

I'm pretty convinced that, given the time, money, and equipment, my dad could fix just about anything. I'll sit and watch, or have dad tell me what to do, because I'd love to be able to fix my own car as well.

And I didn't get my license until just this past October when I was still 19, so don't feel bad. In CT, once you turn 18 you don't need your permit or driver's ed or that alcohol safety class anymore. :lol:

I'm pretty convinced that, given the time, money, and equipment, my dad could fix just about anything. I'll sit and watch, or have dad tell me what to do, because I'd love to be able to fix my own car as well.

And I didn't get my license until just this past October when I was still 19, so don't feel bad. In CT, once you turn 18 you don't need your permit or driver's ed or that alcohol safety class anymore. :lol:

WHAT???????? :o:o:o

If you turn 18, you don't need a permit to learn how to drive?

Awesome Charity:

This car was my grandpa's, so my grandma still has it under her name, so the insurance is nearly half of what it would have been for me, so that's a definite plus.

Oh, OK. I have another friend who has a car but not a license yet. I want my dad's car, he has a honda CR-V. Not the new one or the old one, the middle one. lol

I've driven both my dad's and my mom's (honda accord) cars, and I like my dad's better.

~Liz

WHAT???????? :o:o:o

If you turn 18, you don't need a permit to learn how to drive?

Nope. You still need someone else in the car who's had their license for at least 4 years though. The test for your permit is a 10 question multiple choice thing about simple rules for the road like what certain signs mean and how far away from something you should put on your blinker. I guess they figure if you're 18, you should know by now.

Awesome Charity:

Oh, OK. I have another friend who has a car but not a license yet. I want my dad's car, he has a honda CR-V. Not the new one or the old one, the middle one. lol

I've driven both my dad's and my mom's (honda accord) cars, and I like my dad's better.

~Liz

I want my dad's BMW 5something.

But that will never happen.

Awesome Charity:

~Liz

LOL, good luck.

~Liz

Awesome Charity:

I know. >_

~Liz

It's a nice dream. :lol:

Awesome Charity:

~Liz

Mhmmm.

He barely lets me drive their new Odyssey, so those BMW dreams will remain that, dreams.

Awesome Charity:

I know. >_

~Liz

Mhmmm.

He barely lets me drive their new Odyssey, so those BMW dreams will remain that, dreams.

Just for now.

Thought you might like a picture taken out my window when we were heading south from Seattle to Burbank.

DSCN5118.JPG

Sorry about the time and date, but I had forgotten to remove it before I took the picture and the scenery was passing by too fast to remove it.

Here is a couple pictures of Burbank, California airport, taken from the ramp.

DSCN5121.JPG DSCN5123.JPG DSCN5124.JPG DSCN5125.JPG

Thought you might like a picture taken out my window when we were heading south from Seattle to Burbank.

post-678-1214150028_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the time and date, but I had forgotten to remove it before I took the picture and the scenery was passing by too fast to remove it.

post-678-1214150232_thumb.jpg post-678-1214150271_thumb.jpg post-678-1214150293_thumb.jpg post-678-1214150325_thumb.jpg

Awwwwwwesome!

What does it say on the last picture, under FedEx, about time.

DSCN5118.JPG

DSCN5121.JPG DSCN5123.JPG DSCN5124.JPG DSCN5125.JPG

Awwwwwwesome!

Express is written under the FedEx and under the cockpit window is The World On Time.

Glad you like them. My camera is only a little Nikon CoolPix and pretty old, so there are some pictures that really don't come out well. This coming week, I will see if I can take some more.

You know you're a 'true Floridian' when:

1.. Socks are only for bowling.

2.. You never use an umbrella because you know the rain will be over in five minutes.

3.. A good parking place has nothing to do with distance from the store, but everything to do with shade.

4.. Your winter coat is made of denim.

5.. You can tell the difference between fire ant bites and mosquito bites.

6.. You're younger than thirty but some of your friends are over 65.

7.. Anything under 70 is chilly.

8.. You've driven through Yeehaw Junction.

9.. You could swim before you could read.

10.. You have to drive north to get to The South.

11.. You know that no other grocery store can compare to Publix.

12.. Every other house in your neighborhood had blue roofs in 2004-2005.

13.. You've gotten out of school early on Halloween to trick or treat before it got dark

14.. You know that anything under a Category 3 just isn't worth waking up for.

15.. You dread love bug season.

16.. You are on a first name basis with the Hurricane list. They aren't Hurricane Charley, Hurricane Frances...but Charley , Frances, Ivan and Jeanne.

17.. You know what a snowbird is and when they'll leave.

18.. You think a six-foot alligator is actually pretty average.

19.. You were 12 before you ever saw snow, or you still haven't.

20.. 'Down South' means Key West

21.. You think New York drivers licenses should only be valid in New York .

22.. Flip-flops are everyday wear.

23.. Shoes are for business meetings and church,

24.. but you HAVE worn flip flops to church before.

25.. Sweet tea can be served at any meal.

26.. An alligator once walked through your neighborhood.

27.. You smirk when a game show's 'Grand Prize' is a trip or cruise to Florida

28.. You measure distance in minutes .

29.. You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt.

30.. You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls.

31.. A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea l evel.

32.. You think everyone from a bigger city has a northern accent.

33.. You know the four seasons really are: hurricane season, love bug season, tourist season and summer

34.. It's not soda, cola, or pop. It's coke, regardless of brand or flavor: 'What kinda coke you want?'

35.. Anything under 95 is just warm.

36.. You've hosted a hurricane party.

37.. You go to a theme park for an afternoon, and know when to get on the best rides (Space Mountain during the Electric Light Parade!).

38.. You understand the futility of exterminating cockroaches.

39.. You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee , Ichnatucknee and Withlacoochee

40.. You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat than to own a boat yourself.

41.. Bumper stickers on the pickup in front of you include: various fish, NRA, NASCAR, Go Gators, and a confederate flag.

42.. You were five before you realized they made houses without pools.

43.. You were 25 when you first met someone who couldn't swim.

44.. You've worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas.

45.. You recognize Miami-Dade as ' Northern Cuba '.

46.. You not only forward this joke to your friends but you understand it.

You know you're a 'true Floridian' when:

1.. Socks are only for bowling.

2.. You never use an umbrella because you know the rain will be over in five minutes.

3.. A good parking place has nothing to do with distance from the store, but everything to do with shade.

4.. Your winter coat is made of denim.

5.. You can tell the difference between fire ant bites and mosquito bites.

6.. You're younger than thirty but some of your friends are over 65.

7.. Anything under 70 is chilly.

8.. You've driven through Yeehaw Junction.

9.. You could swim before you could read.

10.. You have to drive north to get to The South.

11.. You know that no other grocery store can compare to Publix.

12.. Every other house in your neighborhood had blue roofs in 2004-2005.

13.. You've gotten out of school early on Halloween to trick or treat before it got dark

14.. You know that anything under a Category 3 just isn't worth waking up for.

15.. You dread love bug season.

16.. You are on a first name basis with the Hurricane list. They aren't Hurricane Charley, Hurricane Frances...but Charley , Frances, Ivan and Jeanne.

17.. You know what a snowbird is and when they'll leave.

18.. You think a six-foot alligator is actually pretty average.

19.. You were 12 before you ever saw snow, or you still haven't.

20.. 'Down South' means Key West

21.. You think New York drivers licenses should only be valid in New York .

22.. Flip-flops are everyday wear.

23.. Shoes are for business meetings and church,

24.. but you HAVE worn flip flops to church before.

25.. Sweet tea can be served at any meal.

26.. An alligator once walked through your neighborhood.

27.. You smirk when a game show's 'Grand Prize' is a trip or cruise to Florida

28.. You measure distance in minutes .

29.. You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt.

30.. You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls.

31.. A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea l evel.

32.. You think everyone from a bigger city has a northern accent.

33.. You know the four seasons really are: hurricane season, love bug season, tourist season and summer

34.. It's not soda, cola, or pop. It's coke, regardless of brand or flavor: 'What kinda coke you want?'

35.. Anything under 95 is just warm.

36.. You've hosted a hurricane party.

37.. You go to a theme park for an afternoon, and know when to get on the best rides (Space Mountain during the Electric Light Parade!).

38.. You understand the futility of exterminating cockroaches.

39.. You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee , Ichnatucknee and Withlacoochee

40.. You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat than to own a boat yourself.

41.. Bumper stickers on the pickup in front of you include: various fish, NRA, NASCAR, Go Gators, and a confederate flag.

42.. You were five before you realized they made houses without pools.

43.. You were 25 when you first met someone who couldn't swim.

44.. You've worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas.

45.. You recognize Miami-Dade as ' Northern Cuba '.

46.. You not only forward this joke to your friends but you understand it.

Yeeeeehaw Junction! <3

post-678-1214150028_thumb.jpg

post-678-1214150232_thumb.jpg post-678-1214150271_thumb.jpg post-678-1214150293_thumb.jpg post-678-1214150325_thumb.jpg

Awwwwwwesome!

Express is written under the FedEx and under the cockpit window is The World On Time.

Glad you like them. My camera is only a little Nikon CoolPix and pretty old, so there are some pictures that really don't come out well. This coming week, I will see if I can take some more.

Yeah, under the window is what I meant.

I looked quickly and saw World on Time, and saw that it went behind the stair thingy, and I just figured it was under the FedEx.

• 2 weeks later...
When I looked at the birthdays... I was wondering how Mushroom_king missed Preppygirl's birthday. :lol:

I was busy having seizures because I found out that both Kirby Super Star and Chrono Trigger are getting DS remakes. That, and doing yardwork.

There's a spider on the floor of the room I'm in. -picks it up and flicks it at Horatio-

*SCREEAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and then runs at top speed out of the room*

that NEVER gets old

Maybe we just need to get Horatio a pet tarantula to help her get over her fear of spiders.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Positive exposure is probably the best way to get over irrational fears.

O RLY !?!?!?!?!

Maybe we just need to get Horatio a pet tarantula to help her get over her fear of spiders.....

O RLY !?!?!?!?!

YA RLY!!!! :lol: a fear of spiders is irrational. I can understand a fear of the pain from being bit by a spider, but not a fear of spiders themselves. (I think that the only true rational fears are pain and death)

O RLY !?!?!?!?!

YA RLY!!!! :lol: a fear of spiders is irrational. I can understand a fear of the pain from being bit by a spider, but not a fear of spiders themselves. (I think that the only true rational fears are pain and death)

No, no, no, no, nooooooooooooo.

A fear of spiders is totally a way of life. It is commonly known as spiderobia. Not arachnaphobia as you might believe but spiderobia.

This is where those eight-legged creatures, search out fuzzy, cute, blonde male hamsters and want to eat them alive. So, contrary to popular belief, this is not irrational, but a known fact and therefore accepted as real.

Pain... that hurts and death, who knows, as most people only experience it once and don't live to talk about it. :lol:

O RLY !?!?!?!?!

No, no, no, no, nooooooooooooo.

A fear of spiders is totally a way of life. It is commonly known as spiderobia. Not arachnaphobia as you might believe but spiderobia.

This is where those eight-legged creatures, search out fuzzy, cute, blonde male hamsters and want to eat them alive. So, contrary to popular belief, this is not irrational, but a known fact and therefore accepted as real.

Pain... that hurts and death, who knows, as most people only experience it once and don't live to talk about it. :lol:

:lol: There are only a few spiders big enough to eat hamsters, so I suppose that might be rational. Humans, however, are too big to be eaten alive by spiders. And even a hamster is big enough to easily squash most spiders. The only reason a spider will bite something as big as a human is self defense.

As for death and pain, those are rational fears for self-preservation. Although I don't fear death, because I know where I'm going when I die. However, I would still like to live my life here on Earth as long as I can, so I do my best to not die. Plus things that cause death tend to hurt, and I do have a fear of pain. And I know that my dying would cause other people pain, and I would never want to do that.

How can a spider eat a hamster alive (unless it was a tarantula or something)

Methinks that a hamster would be too big

In tropical regions (like the rainforest) there are really big spiders that eat things like birds and fish. They don't eat them alive though, they kill them first. Then eat them.

This one is stalking my cage. He says he is a friend of Mushroom_king, so I am trying to get him to go back and visit her.

He body is 30 centimeters long and his fangs are 2.5 centimeters. (30 centimeters = approximately 12 inches and 2.5 centimeters = approximately one inch)

He eats mice. Sooooooooooo, I am much fluffier, cuter and smaller than one of his dinner mice.

tarantula.jpg

(Images shown in this post are much SMALLER than IRL.)

This one is stalking my cage. He says he is a friend of Mushroom_king, so I am trying to get him to go back and visit her.

He body is 30 centimeters long and his fangs are 2.5 centimeters. (30 centimeters = approximately 12 inches and 2.5 centimeters = approximately one inch)

He eats mice. Sooooooooooo, I am much fluffier, cuter and smaller than one of his dinner mice.

post-678-1215624752_thumb.jpg

(Images shown in this post are much SMALLER than IRL.)

oooh......*kind of wants a defanged version as a pet* Look at it! It's cute and fuzzy just like you! ^_^ Kind of reminds me of cat-spider (cat-spider is a stuffed spider my mom gave me at halloween, but for some reason it has ears like a cat)

So Horatio...have you upgraded yet?

Upgraded as in... the airplane?

Or... weaponry to protect myself against spiders?

Airplane... I have been Captain since 2000 on the Boeing 727 and 2001 on the Airbus.

I am considering the MD-11 or if I have enough seniority, the 777 when it arrives.

Airplane... I have been Captain since 2000 on the Boeing 727 and 2001 on the Airbus.

I am considering the MD-11 or if I have enough seniority, the 777 when it arrives.

...Actually I was thinking more along the lines of a mobile device.

..iPhone 3G

..iPhone 3G

I went down to buy two and then found out my AT&T program would change. Now I have unlimited text for $20 additional. If I upgraded to the 3G, then I would have to change my plans. I didn't like having to change. So... I'm still thinking about it. Did you ever get AT&T?

..iPhone 3G

I went down to buy two and then found out my AT&T program would change. Now I have unlimited text for $20 additional. If I upgraded to the 3G, then I would have to change my plans. I didn't like having to change. So... I'm still thinking about it. Did you ever get AT&T?

Nope. Still with Verizon.

The majority of my family and friends have Verizon, so I figured it would be best to stay on that, with free texting and calling to them.

I got my 100 dollar credit and I want to try out the new LG Dare.

It won't be the same, but hopefully it will be good enough...

In what ways will your plan change?

HORATIO!!

Go to Memphis!

I'm 90% sure that I am going this Saturday for a week.

I will be in Memphis from Thursday morning. I'm supposed to fly to Reno at 02H00 Saturday morning, but that might be cancelled.

Sooooooooo, I should be there.

Please don't tell me you are going to see Elvis. :o

..iPhone 3G

The majority of my family and friends have Verizon, so I figured it would be best to stay on that, with free texting and calling to them.

I'm eligible for the upgrade, so I can get the 16G phone at the lesser price, but then AT&T wants another $30 more for the data plan and $20 for the unlimited texting... per MONTH!!!! Eeekkkkkkkkkk!!!!!! For some reason, I don't like paying the additional $50 per month.

..iPhone 3G

I'm eligible for the upgrade, so I can get the 16G phone at the lesser price, but then AT&T wants another $30 more for the data plan and $20 for the unlimited texting... per MONTH!!!! Eeekkkkkkkkkk!!!!!! For some reason, I don't like paying the additional $50 per month.

$50!!!

That's a lot. Especially since it is in addition to your normal calling plan, right?

..iPhone 3G

$50!!!

That's a lot. Especially since it is in addition to your normal calling plan, right?

That is what I thought, but I am calling back tomorrow to talk to someone else. I really didn't think this lady was really familiar with all the details. It seems like she should have looked at my current plan then made some changes, not just added money to the total. You will get a full report tomorrow. If the plan goes down, I just might have to get one. :lol:

..iPhone 3G

$50!!!

That is what I thought, but I am calling back tomorrow to talk to someone else. I really didn't think this lady was really familiar with all the details. It seems like she should have looked at my current plan then made some changes, not just added money to the total. You will get a full report tomorrow. If the plan goes down, I just might have to get one. :lol:

I cannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnot decide if I really want to get the Dare.

I tend not to have good luck with my phones, and I drop them a lot and what not, so I am nervous about that.

..iPhone 3G

$50!!!

I cannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnot decide if I really want to get the Dare.

I tend not to have good luck with my phones, and I drop them a lot and what not, so I am nervous about that.

I drop the iPhone all the time and have never, ever had a problem, it still works great! There is a little rubber cover that surrounds the phone and it is the best protection I have ever used.

As for the Dare... look at what type accessories you will be able to find for protection. Then make your decision.

Today started off on a very bad note...

my poor little Bug had an engine fire. *cry, cry, cry*

Usually I have a fire extinguisher, but for some reason, I forgot to put it back in my car when I cleaned it.

So, now I am really, really sad. My poor little car has gone through all kinds of repairs, renovations and restorations and was looking fantastic when this happened.

I took a picture, but am not too sure how it will come out. It was 05H30 and still dark out.

I'm going off to cry.

Usually I have a fire extinguisher, but for some reason, I forgot to put it back in my car when I cleaned it.

So, now I am really, really sad. My poor little car has gone through all kinds of repairs, renovations and restorations and was looking fantastic when this happened.

I took a picture, but am not too sure how it will come out. It was 05H30 and still dark out.

I'm going off to cry.

Oh no! :( *hugs*

I'm going off to cry.

Awwww...I'm sorry. I had a similar situation so i know how you feel. My VW bus got into a wreck, it would take a ton of repairs to be able to use it...I was looking forward to driving it. :(

I'm going off to cry.

Awwww...I'm sorry. I had a similar situation so i know how you feel. My VW bus got into a wreck, it would take a ton of repairs to be able to use it...I was looking forward to driving it. :(

Thanks. I am so sad as I had put lots and lots of money in it to restore it and had this should not have happened. The engine was newly rebuilt and had all new components, hoses, wires, etc..

I'm going off to cry.

Oh no! :( *hugs*

*hugs back*

Thanks. My little bug was really looking soooooo phenomenal. Now it looks sooooooo bad.

Aw. I'm so sorry! :closedeyes:

I had the a horrible thing happen today too.

I was outside this morning flying my little helicopter outside, because I kept crashing into things in my room.

A gust of wind came and blew it onto the roof.

Luckily, it was the low part of the roof. So I got a ladder out, and went up..BUT I KNOCKED THE LADDER OVER!

That wasn't the worst part though. I had to jump down, and I was going to go in the front, but then I realized the side would be a lesser jump. So I went the side, and then I remember that we had tomato plants there, so I couldn't jump.

So I went back to the front side and jumped down and all was good. So I went over to the tomato plants to check them out, and they got HUGE! I don't know why I did, but I looked into this bucket thing, that my step dad put under the gutter, to use that water to water the plants, ya know...

Well, I looked in...and guess what I saw!

A chipmunk! :(:(

It was standing up perfectly straight, hands were out.

It was so cute, and I wanted to jump in and save it and perform CPR.

But I couldn't. I just couldn't get in there to save it.

It was probably long dead by then anyway, so my efforts would have meant nothing.

I want to cry, I feel soooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Aw. I'm so sorry! :closedeyes:

I had the a horrible thing happen today too.

I was outside this morning flying my little helicopter outside, because I kept crashing into things in my room.

A gust of wind came and blew it onto the roof.

Luckily, it was the low part of the roof. So I got a ladder out, and went up..BUT I KNOCKED THE LADDER OVER!

That wasn't the worst part though. I had to jump down, and I was going to go in the front, but then I realized the side would be a lesser jump. So I went the side, and then I remember that we had tomato plants there, so I couldn't jump.

So I went back to the front side and jumped down and all was good. So I went over to the tomato plants to check them out, and they got HUGE! I don't know why I did, but I looked into this bucket thing, that my step dad put under the gutter, to use that water to water the plants, ya know...

Well, I looked in...and guess what I saw!

A chipmunk! :(:(

It was standing up perfectly straight, hands were out.

It was so cute, and I wanted to jump in and save it and perform CPR.

But I couldn't. I just couldn't get in there to save it.

It was probably long dead by then anyway, so my efforts would have meant nothing.

I want to cry, I feel soooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

*hugs, hugs, hugs*

I am so sorry.

If it was dead it wouldn't be standing. Couldn't you dump the bucket, let the chipmunk out then fill the bucket again? How about putting a screen over it, to allow the rain water in and keep out the critters?

Please go back and see if it is still there. Perhaps it is still alive and you can let it go.

Please go back out and check.