Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Best friend of horatio club!

PARIS !!!!!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I move to Paris?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know.

All of a sudden I am snatched from my cage, placed in a plastic grocery bag, no bedding, no paper, nothing to keep me warm, no food, water or toys. What is happening? Everything is strange and somewhat scary. As I am being carried from the house outside and then into the car, I encounter a blast of icy cold air. After about 2 or 3 minutes of extreme cold, the car begins to warm. We are on our way to points unknown. My last trip in the car was when we went to the veterinarian's office. My family had carried me securely in my cage for that trip. Suddenly, the bag, containing me, is picked up, another blast of icy cold air and now I feel myself being bumped against cold metal. Is the bag being tied to a door? What is happening? Where is my home? Where is my comfortable cage that I have know for the last two years? Where is the family that I thought loved me? It is so very cold. I am shivering. All my strength is channeled into staying warm, and this is not working. Getting sleepy, I decide that I am going to die of hypothermia.

Strange noises, odd smells, chewing my way out of this bag is something I decide would be a bad plan. I am not ready for new adventure and today was more than I bargained for. It is morning, the time I should be snuggling in my bed, nice and warm, for a great day's sleep; yet here I am, in a plastic bag, tied to a cold metal door, somewhere I have never been and colder than I knew was possible. My mind keeps trying to make sense of what is happening and why it all happened. Tommy and Jenny were such nice family. I thought they loved me. Of course, ever since the newest member of the family arrived, they didn't have much time for me. King, that's what Tommy wanted him to be named, was a Golden Retriever puppy, with lots of energy, a non-stop wagging tail and the loudest bark a puppy could muster. With King taking up all of Tommy and Jenny's attention, they often forgot about me. Fortunately for me, I stored lots of food and I had a water bottle, so even if they didn't come to my cage, I wouldn't starve. Their mother was tired of cleaning my cage, when it really was Tommy's job, and she thought I was getting old and would be dying soon. Unable to keep my eyes open and being so cold that all my energy is being used to shiver, I fall asleep.

Am I dreaming? Is the bag moving? Do I hear noises? I can't move. My eyes want to open, but cannot. Something is happening, but I am unable to respond. This must be the end.

Opening my eyes, I am no longer in the bag. A new home? Where am I? Smelling food, I decide to venture out of my secure bed. Someone has taken the time to add some fluffy snuggle cotton and make a bed all around me. An overflowing bowl of food, fresh water, the cage new, with sweet smelling aspen bedding, but best of all, I am warm again. After investigating all areas of my new home, and not finding a wheel, I decide it is time to settle in for a long day's sleep.

Tommy and Jenny were out of my life, I wondered how they were. Did they miss me? I thought I meant something to them. We were family. From the time I was two months old, I had lived with them. It never occurred to me that I could be discarded like an old rag. I had been placed in a plastic bag with no protection, did they mean for me to die? My heart was so sad. What would happen to me now? Where was I? Occasionally someone would stop by my cage, pick me up, but it was never for long and sometimes they were rough. Needing exercise, I longed for my wheel. My nights were lonely and very boring. My life had been turned upside-down.

It came to me one day, I had been dropped off on the door of a pet store. The smells became recognizable. Soon a wheel was placed in my cage. It was not a silent wheel, but one of those wire wheels. Using the wheel made my feet bloody and sore. I wanted my old life, but that was gone. My life would end alone and sad, but at least I had food, water and a clean cage. The employees of the pet store were nice enough, but when someone asked about hamsters, they always showed them the young hamsters. No one wanted to see me. I was so sad. Then one day my life turned around.

A lady walked into the pet store, she was looking for hamsters. As she wandered around the store, she spotted my cage. This might be my lucky day. The employees tried talking her into the baby hamsters, but for some reason, the girl showed this lady my cage. The pet store had placed my cage on the bottom shelf away from the eyes of anyone looking for a pet. They did not want me near the other hammies. The lady picked me up. Her holding me felt so good. Would she want me? Would I have a new home? Sadly, the lady put me back in my cage and departed, I was not going anywhere.

For the next three days, she returned. Each time, picking me up, holding me, talking to me, the feelings were wonderful. Then after each visit, leaving without me. On the fourth day, she returned, this time with a man. They both held me and again, returned me to my cage. I don't know why, but I felt a twinge of hope.

Two days passed and no one visited. No one came by my cage. Perhaps they didn't want me. Perhaps no one wanted me. Then, the lady returned. Immediately she came to my cage. She wanted me. I was going to my new home. This is outstanding. Life is wonderful. The people at the pet store tried to talk her out of taking me. They said I was old and would probably die soon, but she was emphatic. She wanted me. Me and only me! Today was the most fantastic day.

When I arrived in my new home, everything seemed magnificent. My new home is a Habitrail Safari cage, new large water bottle and two dishes of food. The wheel was solid and wonderful to run in. Nuts, seeds, a variety of chew pieces and a mixture of every kind of tasty food you could fit into two bowls. I felt like I had died and gone to Hammie Heaven. I was here and life was better than I had ever known. Every night I was taken out of my cage, played with, loved and given a run in my ball. Then upon returning to my cage I would find a delectable array of dinner foods. Each night was a surprise, something different. The couple was so very happy to have me in their life. I was loved. How great this love felt.

My new family decided I needed a name. The pet store had informed the couple how I came to be at the pet store, so they decided I should have a magnificent name. Horatio, my new name is Horatio! I like it!

As time passed, the couple added more structures to my cage. I was now occupying the entire twelve foot dining room table. My home now consisted of three cages, an outpost, revolving restaurant, space capsule for sleeping, five or six other rooms for napping, storing food or whatever pleased me and lots and lots of tubes. Life was magnificent and this house was more than any hammie could ever envision. No dream ever looked this good. There were wheels inside the cages and a separate wheel on the outside of the cage. Water bottles were everywhere. Every treat, food and chew block on the market made it's way to my cage. Organic lettuce, peppers and carrots, cheese, I am elated at my choice of food.

Then one night I realize my door is open. Out I go. Yeeeehaaaaaa! I am on the outside looking in. Exploring is such fun. Ooops! I am off the dining room table and on the floor. That was such a drop. After a minute to catch my breath, good thing for carpeting, I am off. From the dining room I make my way to the kitchen. Finding a crumb here and there, this is not the delicious food I have in my cage. Still, I am having fun with the adventure. Into the hall I go. I make my way down the hall into the bedroom. I can hear them sleeping. Wandering around their bedroom, I find nothing to eat, but I traverse the carpeting and wind-up in the bathroom. Oh, the tile is so cold. I have to take a bathroom break, and the bathroom seems like the appropriate place. Just like my potty in my cage, except no potty litter. Feeling better, I head out of the bathroom, back through the bedroom and down the hall. When I get back to the kitchen, I search for some crumbs. None of the five star dinners I have in my cage, but this is like camping out. Getting ready for a nap, I need a place to sleep, I find a hole underneath the kitchen cabinets, This is cool! Off to sleepytown.

To be continued...

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem in the USA is timing. The show is on at a bad time for viewing audiences. I wish it would be moved to a better time slot. It was midnight to 01H00 when I watched the last show!

I think you're right, over here the BBC took great care in placing its time slot, positioning it just right at Saturday, 7:00PM. And it worked wonderfully, 10 Million for the first episode! And by the end of the series it had entriely destroyed ITV, Channel Four and Five's programmes for that slot. ITV just ended up showing re-runs of C-List movies after their two light entertainment shows (Two Geordie midgets with a very light entertainment chat-show/games show/slapstick comedy and of course, there was the reality TV flop "Celebrity Wrestling")

Looking at the Sci-Fi Channel's placement of it, it looks as if they've just slapped it down randomly...

Quite true. I emailed the Sci-Fi Channel and asked for a change in time slot to an earlier slot. I probably will never have a return email. :glare:

I fear that the Sci-Fi Channel needs to adjust its attitude to Doctor Who timing. It saw huge success in everywhere else, but it was mainly because (apart from being a brilliantly made program) that the other broadcasters carefully placed it to make it accessible to both children and adults. Look at S.Korea, they now are Doctor Who lovers. In fact, looking at ratings, the US ratings are the lowest. But, nevermind, because I suspect the BBC will get rather angry at the Sci-Fi and refuse to give them broadcasting rights to the second series.

What about publicity? Has there been much in the way of publicity?

About zero percent publicity. But good news... it is now on 21H00 on Friday nights. (10 pm local) Not much of an improvement, but some.

Now you see, how are people meant to watch Doctor Who if they don't know about it? What would have been the chances of you finding out about Horatio, for example, if I hadn't told you about it? I don't think you watch the Sci-Fi Channel reguarly and the only other way would have been word of mouth.

At least it is more friendly for children, which as the Executive Producer says; "Doctor Who is like Harry Potter, designed for kids, but the adults aren't ashamed when they get hooked." He also said it had to scare you while not being horrifying, a sort of good, laugh afterwards scare. But anyway, Series Two is on its way and the BBC is obviously gearing up the propoganda machine as the website has been updated after several weeks of non-change. If you are interested there is some footage of 2006, and since I don't think you have DOctor Who Confidential, there is also the highlights from 2005 and Confidential. Also, a warning, you may want to view trailers of the episodes, but beware of spoilers like the 2005 highlights.

Actually, I have been watching Dr. Who off and on since 1988. :lol: I really like the SciFi channel. Thank you for all the other information! Have a freshly baked cake for your efforts! :D

Was that re-runs or did you actually watch Selvester McCoy? Glad to help as always Horatio, the Beeb is remaining as obtusive as ever in regards to actually telling us when it is arriving.

I am fairly certain those were re-runs. Can't wait until tomorrow night!!!

:D:D:D

All of a sudden I am snatched from my cage, placed in a plastic grocery bag, no bedding, no paper, nothing to keep me warm, no food, water or toys. What is happening? Everything is strange and somewhat scary. As I am being carried from the house outside and then into the car, I encounter a blast of icy cold air. After about 2 or 3 minutes of extreme cold, the car begins to warm. We are on our way to points unknown. My last trip in the car was when we went to the veterinarian's office. My family had carried me securely in my cage for that trip. Suddenly, the bag, containing me, is picked up, another blast of icy cold air and now I feel myself being bumped against cold metal. Is the bag being tied to a door? What is happening? Where is my home? Where is my comfortable cage that I have know for the last two years? Where is the family that I thought loved me? It is so very cold. I am shivering. All my strength is channeled into staying warm, and this is not working. Getting sleepy, I decide that I am going to die of hypothermia.

Strange noises, odd smells, chewing my way out of this bag is something I decide would be a bad plan. I am not ready for new adventure and today was more than I bargained for. It is morning, the time I should be snuggling in my bed, nice and warm, for a great day's sleep; yet here I am, in a plastic bag, tied to a cold metal door, somewhere I have never been and colder than I knew was possible. My mind keeps trying to make sense of what is happening and why it all happened. Tommy and Jenny were such nice family. I thought they loved me. Of course, ever since the newest member of the family arrived, they didn't have much time for me. King, that's what Tommy wanted him to be named, was a Golden Retriever puppy, with lots of energy, a non-stop wagging tail and the loudest bark a puppy could muster. With King taking up all of Tommy and Jenny's attention, they often forgot about me. Fortunately for me, I stored lots of food and I had a water bottle, so even if they didn't come to my cage, I wouldn't starve. Their mother was tired of cleaning my cage, when it really was Tommy's job, and she thought I was getting old and would be dying soon. Unable to keep my eyes open and being so cold that all my energy is being used to shiver, I fall asleep.

Am I dreaming? Is the bag moving? Do I hear noises? I can't move. My eyes want to open, but cannot. Something is happening, but I am unable to respond. This must be the end.

Opening my eyes, I am no longer in the bag. A new home? Where am I? Smelling food, I decide to venture out of my secure bed. Someone has taken the time to add some fluffy snuggle cotton and make a bed all around me. An overflowing bowl of food, fresh water, the cage new, with sweet smelling aspen bedding, but best of all, I am warm again. After investigating all areas of my new home, and not finding a wheel, I decide it is time to settle in for a long day's sleep.

Tommy and Jenny were out of my life, I wondered how they were. Did they miss me? I thought I meant something to them. We were family. From the time I was two months old, I had lived with them. It never occurred to me that I could be discarded like an old rag. I had been placed in a plastic bag with no protection, did they mean for me to die? My heart was so sad. What would happen to me now? Where was I? Occasionally someone would stop by my cage, pick me up, but it was never for long and sometimes they were rough. Needing exercise, I longed for my wheel. My nights were lonely and very boring. My life had been turned upside-down.

It came to me one day, I had been dropped off on the door of a pet store. The smells became recognizable. Soon a wheel was placed in my cage. It was not a silent wheel, but one of those wire wheels. Using the wheel made my feet bloody and sore. I wanted my old life, but that was gone. My life would end alone and sad, but at least I had food, water and a clean cage. The employees of the pet store were nice enough, but when someone asked about hamsters, they always showed them the young hamsters. No one wanted to see me. I was so sad. Then one day my life turned around.

A lady walked into the pet store, she was looking for hamsters. As she wandered around the store, she spotted my cage. This might be my lucky day. The employees tried talking her into the baby hamsters, but for some reason, the girl showed this lady my cage. The pet store had placed my cage on the bottom shelf away from the eyes of anyone looking for a pet. They did not want me near the other hammies. The lady picked me up. Her holding me felt so good. Would she want me? Would I have a new home? Sadly, the lady put me back in my cage and departed, I was not going anywhere.

For the next three days, she returned. Each time, picking me up, holding me, talking to me, the feelings were wonderful. Then after each visit, leaving without me. On the fourth day, she returned, this time with a man. They both held me and again, returned me to my cage. I don't know why, but I felt a twinge of hope.

Two days passed and no one visited. No one came by my cage. Perhaps they didn't want me. Perhaps no one wanted me. Then, the lady returned. Immediately she came to my cage. She wanted me. I was going to my new home. This is outstanding. Life is wonderful. The people at the pet store tried to talk her out of taking me. They said I was old and would probably die soon, but she was emphatic. She wanted me. Me and only me! Today was the most fantastic day.

When I arrived in my new home, everything seemed magnificent. My new home is a Habitrail Safari cage, new large water bottle and two dishes of food. The wheel was solid and wonderful to run in. Nuts, seeds, a variety of chew pieces and a mixture of every kind of tasty food you could fit into two bowls. I felt like I had died and gone to Hammie Heaven. I was here and life was better than I had ever known. Every night I was taken out of my cage, played with, loved and given a run in my ball. Then upon returning to my cage I would find a delectable array of dinner foods. Each night was a surprise, something different. The couple was so very happy to have me in their life. I was loved. How great this love felt.

My new family decided I needed a name. The pet store had informed the couple how I came to be at the pet store, so they decided I should have a magnificent name. Horatio, my new name is Horatio! I like it!

As time passed, the couple added more structures to my cage. I was now occupying the entire twelve foot dining room table. My home now consisted of three cages, an outpost, revolving restaurant, space capsule for sleeping, five or six other rooms for napping, storing food or whatever pleased me and lots and lots of tubes. Life was magnificent and this house was more than any hammie could ever envision. No dream ever looked this good. There were wheels inside the cages and a separate wheel on the outside of the cage. Water bottles were everywhere. Every treat, food and chew block on the market made it's way to my cage. Organic lettuce, peppers and carrots, cheese, I am elated at my choice of food.

Then one night I realize my door is open. Out I go. Yeeeehaaaaaa! I am on the outside looking in. Exploring is such fun. Ooops! I am off the dining room table and on the floor. That was such a drop. After a minute to catch my breath, good thing for carpeting, I am off. From the dining room I make my way to the kitchen. Finding a crumb here and there, this is not the delicious food I have in my cage. Still, I am having fun with the adventure. Into the hall I go. I make my way down the hall into the bedroom. I can hear them sleeping. Wandering around their bedroom, I find nothing to eat, but I traverse the carpeting and wind-up in the bathroom. Oh, the tile is so cold. I have to take a bathroom break, and the bathroom seems like the appropriate place. Just like my potty in my cage, except no potty litter. Feeling better, I head out of the bathroom, back through the bedroom and down the hall. When I get back to the kitchen, I search for some crumbs. None of the five star dinners I have in my cage, but this is like camping out. Getting ready for a nap, I need a place to sleep, I find a hole underneath the kitchen cabinets, This is cool! Off to sleepytown.

To be continued...

Honey... please read this and let me know what you think? :lol:

To be continued...

Honey... please read this and let me know what you think? :lol:

Oh this is very very good yet so sad but it gets so much much better.....Horatio....lucky ducky...Honey(well when the hammie still lived on earth) only had two cages!!! P;ease continue if you haven't already I would love to read more....I have to go now but this is wonderfull!!! ^_^:D^_^

The problem in the USA is timing. The show is on at a bad time for viewing audiences. I wish it would be moved to a better time slot. It was midnight to 01H00 when I watched the last show!

I think you're right, over here the BBC took great care in placing its time slot, positioning it just right at Saturday, 7:00PM. And it worked wonderfully, 10 Million for the first episode! And by the end of the series it had entriely destroyed ITV, Channel Four and Five's programmes for that slot. ITV just ended up showing re-runs of C-List movies after their two light entertainment shows (Two Geordie midgets with a very light entertainment chat-show/games show/slapstick comedy and of course, there was the reality TV flop "Celebrity Wrestling")

Looking at the Sci-Fi Channel's placement of it, it looks as if they've just slapped it down randomly...

Quite true. I emailed the Sci-Fi Channel and asked for a change in time slot to an earlier slot. I probably will never have a return email. :glare:

I fear that the Sci-Fi Channel needs to adjust its attitude to Doctor Who timing. It saw huge success in everywhere else, but it was mainly because (apart from being a brilliantly made program) that the other broadcasters carefully placed it to make it accessible to both children and adults. Look at S.Korea, they now are Doctor Who lovers. In fact, looking at ratings, the US ratings are the lowest. But, nevermind, because I suspect the BBC will get rather angry at the Sci-Fi and refuse to give them broadcasting rights to the second series.

About zero percent publicity. But good news... it is now on 21H00 on Friday nights. (10 pm local) Not much of an improvement, but some.

Now you see, how are people meant to watch Doctor Who if they don't know about it? What would have been the chances of you finding out about Horatio, for example, if I hadn't told you about it? I don't think you watch the Sci-Fi Channel reguarly and the only other way would have been word of mouth.

At least it is more friendly for children, which as the Executive Producer says; "Doctor Who is like Harry Potter, designed for kids, but the adults aren't ashamed when they get hooked." He also said it had to scare you while not being horrifying, a sort of good, laugh afterwards scare. But anyway, Series Two is on its way and the BBC is obviously gearing up the propoganda machine as the website has been updated after several weeks of non-change. If you are interested there is some footage of 2006, and since I don't think you have DOctor Who Confidential, there is also the highlights from 2005 and Confidential. Also, a warning, you may want to view trailers of the episodes, but beware of spoilers like the 2005 highlights.

Actually, I have been watching Dr. Who off and on since 1988. :lol: I really like the SciFi channel. Thank you for all the other information! Have a freshly baked cake for your efforts! :D

I saw "Dr. Who off" and the first time I saw it I though it said "Dr. Wolf" and I was liike "MW has a TV show? x_x"

I saw "Dr. Who off" and the first time I saw it I though it said "Dr. Wolf" and I was liike "MW has a TV show? x_x"

You might be on to something... the Dr. Wolf show! What a fantastic idea!!!

Here I am on the boards, no other members, but 63 guests!!!!! I am here with a record breaking day and none of my friends to share in the moment. :(

we love you horatio here are those pics you wanted me to post

Here I am on the boards, no other members, but 63 guests!!!!! I am here with a record breaking day and none of my friends to share in the moment. :(

Thank you. And for your efforts, here is your Red Rose Award!

Have you read my autobiography? It is a few posts back.

no i will later

no i will later

*waits for your thoughts on my life*

no i will later

awwwwwwwwww...............

did you continue............*waits for reply*

no i will later

awwwwwwwwww...............

did you continue............*waits for reply*

I will.

The second series of Doctor Who lands 15th April... 9 days to go....

9 long days! :lol:

It is soooooooo long. Especially with the spiffiness of the new series. AND THE BBC WON'T STOP TAUNTING ME WITH TRAILERS! *goes off to sob quietly*

*sobs with TGHL*

It is soooooooo long. Especially with the spiffiness of the new series. AND THE BBC WON'T STOP TAUNTING ME WITH TRAILERS! *goes off to sob quietly*

*sobs with TGHL*

Oh of course, you won't even get the second series for perhaps another year... Poor Horatio. I am agonising over 7 days, whereas you have what must seem like infinity to cope with.

*sobs with TGHL*

Oh of course, you won't even get the second series for perhaps another year... Poor Horatio. I am agonising over 7 days, whereas you have what must seem like infinity to cope with.

Maybe it will take so long, I might be 100 years old by the time it shows up.

*sobs with TGHL*

Maybe it will take so long, I might be 100 years old by the time it shows up.

All grey, or as some have it, ash blonde with walking stick and going "wut?" All the time...

Latest news from Blighty;

New Doctor Who has touched down. New episode features cats almost as evil as Kat and an old enemy from Series 1. End of episode trailer for episode 2 features amazingness of the Mega Wolf variety. No more details. That would be naughty.

You are torturing me more than if you pulled out my fingernails, one by one!

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

New Doctor Who has touched down. New episode features cats almost as evil as Kat and an old enemy from Series 1. End of episode trailer for episode 2 features amazingness of the Mega Wolf variety. No more details. That would be naughty.

*innocent kitten eyes* I've got no idea what he's talking about...

*wonders how long - Kat - had to practice those innocent kitten eyes* :lol:

Okay, peopleses here talk about Dr. Who a lot and I have no clue what it is. Please do tell. o_o

Friday nights, the SciFi channel and lucky you, Sunday nights as well. If you look at the programming for tonight's SciFi channel, you will see the latest show of Dr. Who. Which is absolutely the best show on the Tele!

You need not worry Horatio for, as always, I have a cunning plan for summer to relive you of the terrible burden of waiting for the 2nd series. I hope it works. But first I need to locate a video to DVD/CD recorder that I can rent, a good international mailer and several miles of duct tape...

Okay, peopleses here talk about Dr. Who a lot and I have no clue what it is. Please do tell. o_o

Friday nights, the SciFi channel and lucky you, Sunday nights as well. If you look at the programming for tonight's SciFi channel, you will see the latest show of Dr. Who. Which is absolutely the best show on the Tele!

Tune in for Dalek MW and you'll see some of the best...

You need not worry Horatio for, as always, I have a cunning plan for summer to relive you of the terrible burden of waiting for the 2nd series. I hope it works. But first I need to locate a video to DVD/CD recorder that I can rent, a good international mailer and several miles of duct tape...

I have your list. Tomorrow I will be heading to the store, pick-up all your supplies and then off to FedEx for overnight delivery to you!!! See how easy this is! :lol::lol::lol:

Wha? Practice? I've no need to practice!

*loud thumping noises are heard from nearby closet*

...If you'll excuse me...I left a...food...in the oven.

I can't wait!!!

Dr. Who is on and my battery is about to die, so I must run. See you all tomorrow!

Mega Wolf... Dr. Who 20H00 Pacific time, Sunday nights... hope you are watching it. You will like this one.

Dang I think I missed it.

I can't wait!!!

You really can't, or you will explode!

Wha? Practice? I've no need to practice!

*loud thumping noises are heard from nearby closet*

...If you'll excuse me...I left a...food...in the oven.

HOMESTAR REFERENCE!! *Ahem* woot.

Dr. Who is on and my battery is about to die, so I must run. See you all tomorrow!

Mega Wolf... Dr. Who 20H00 Pacific time, Sunday nights... hope you are watching it. You will like this one.

You better mark your calendar for this weekend. Either Friday or Sunday evening on the SciFi channel. I am guessing it might be around 18H00 Friday and 20H00 Sunday. (Translation: 6 PM Friday and 8 PM Sunday.) Please do check your guide for accuracy of show times.

I can't wait!!!

:wacko: I will explode! :wacko:

I can't wait!!!

Let's keep you calm by talking about the classic series for a moment. Who was your favourite Doctor out of the 8 that featured 1963-1995? I think my order would go;

1; Tom Baker

2; William Hartnel

3; Patrick Troughten

4; Peter Davidson

5; Paul McGann

6; Jon Pertwee

7; Sylvester McCoy

8; Colin Baker

I can't wait!!!

Let's keep you calm by talking about the classic series for a moment. Who was your favourite Doctor out of the 8 that featured 1963-1995? I think my order would go;

1; Tom Baker

2; William Hartnel

3; Patrick Troughten

4; Peter Davidson

5; Paul McGann

6; Jon Pertwee

7; Sylvester McCoy

8; Colin Baker

I have been thinking of my order... reply later on this one.

I can't wait!!!

1; Tom Baker

2; William Hartnel

3; Patrick Troughten

4; Peter Davidson

5; Paul McGann

6; Jon Pertwee

7; Sylvester McCoy

8; Colin Baker

I think that 4,5 and 6 are all very close in terms of their favouriteness, but 7 and 8 are so far away that you'd have to view them with the Hubble Space Telescope from Jon Pertwee's position.

I can't wait!!!

1; Tom Baker

2; William Hartnel

3; Patrick Troughten

4; Peter Davidson

5; Paul McGann

6; Jon Pertwee

7; Sylvester McCoy

8; Colin Baker

I think that 4,5 and 6 are all very close in terms of their favouriteness, but 7 and 8 are so far away that you'd have to view them with the Hubble Space Telescope from Jon Pertwee's position.

That is exactly where I was having a problem. I agree with one to and three and then I would make a tie for four, five and six, then follow as you have with seven and eight.

I can't wait!!!

1; Tom Baker

2; William Hartnel

3; Patrick Troughten

4; Peter Davidson

=4.5; Paul McGann

=4.5; Jon Pertwee

7; Sylvester McCoy

8; Colin Baker

That is exactly where I was having a problem. I agree with one to and three and then I would make a tie for four, five and six, then follow as you have with seven and eight.

I think I'd change it so that while Peter Davidson is still ahead, McGann and Pertwee share the slot of 4.5.

I really could not stand Colin Baker as the doctor, first he tries and strangles his companion (something no doctor should ever do, as they are all anti-violence (in a way...)), then he tries to change the TARDIS' exterior and the storylines were dreadful. And McCoy wasn't much better, there is always one story which sticks in my mind for being symbolic of the death of Doctor Who; The Happiness Patrol. No child in this world is going to be scared by a giant sweetie in clingfilm. The quickest solution would have been to eat it, but no, somehow we get an entrie story out of it. AND there was Sofie Aldred as Ace, whose character was dreadful and the fact they ruined the Daleks image by having it beaten up by a baseball bat. Pathetic...

Tom Baker though was brilliant and so were the earliest doctors (abliet Pertwee, it wasn't his fault that they stuck him with the Brigadier every week, gave him a ridiculous "car" and had a sinister story about... MAGGOTS!!! I quite liked him as a doctor, just not the storylines). P.T.'s best moment was the story with the cybermen in it, where he gets chased down the alley, jumping and yelling as the cyberguns blast behind him...

so, the previous Dr. who series lasted that long.. I may have to re-evaluate my theory on niche television programs..

I have been watching it here and when I was in England.

As far as niche television... think about The Simpsons. They have been on forever. :lol:

I can't wait!!!

1; Tom Baker

2; William Hartnel

3; Patrick Troughten

4; Peter Davidson

=4.5; Paul McGann

=4.5; Jon Pertwee

7; Sylvester McCoy

8; Colin Baker

I think I'd change it so that while Peter Davidson is still ahead, McGann and Pertwee share the slot of 4.5.

I really could not stand Colin Baker as the doctor, first he tries and strangles his companion (something no doctor should ever do, as they are all anti-violence (in a way...)), then he tries to change the TARDIS' exterior and the storylines were dreadful. And McCoy wasn't much better, there is always one story which sticks in my mind for being symbolic of the death of Doctor Who; The Happiness Patrol. No child in this world is going to be scared by a giant sweetie in clingfilm. The quickest solution would have been to eat it, but no, somehow we get an entrie story out of it. AND there was Sofie Aldred as Ace, whose character was dreadful and the fact they ruined the Daleks image by having it beaten up by a baseball bat. Pathetic...

Tom Baker though was brilliant and so were the earliest doctors (abliet Pertwee, it wasn't his fault that they stuck him with the Brigadier every week, gave him a ridiculous "car" and had a sinister story about... MAGGOTS!!! I quite liked him as a doctor, just not the storylines). P.T.'s best moment was the story with the cybermen in it, where he gets chased down the alley, jumping and yelling as the cyberguns blast behind him...

I agree with you. Peter Davidson does need to be ahead of Mc Gann and Pertwee. As for the last two... we need a big gap.

I agree with you. Peter Davidson does need to be ahead of Mc Gann and Pertwee. As for the last two... we need a big gap.

A collosal gap I think. It really was the death of Doctor Who with those two, or at least enough to warrant closing it down for 20 years or so. It was partly the dreadful characters, and the storylines. Not to mention the companions, as after some really good ones (Sarah Jane, Romana and so on) and sort of breaking the tradition of having a companion who ran down corridors and got captured and then disappeared by falling in love and marrying a bloke they'd just met, they seem to revert to it with Peri and then it just nose dives. Fitness freak Mel and stupid, rubbish badged leather jacket Ace (the personification of bad acting and bad characters). Oh well, maybe it was for the best, as now we have a super cool new series!

A collosal gap I think. It really was the death of Doctor Who with those two, or at least enough to warrant closing it down for 20 years or so. It was partly the dreadful characters, and the storylines. Not to mention the companions, as after some really good ones (Sarah Jane, Romana and so on) and sort of breaking the tradition of having a companion who ran down corridors and got captured and then disappeared by falling in love and marrying a bloke they'd just met, they seem to revert to it with Peri and then it just nose dives. Fitness freak Mel and stupid, rubbish badged leather jacket Ace (the personification of bad acting and bad characters). Oh well, maybe it was for the best, as now we have a super cool new series!

This is a phenomenal new series! :D:D:D

And it keeps getting better with each episode.... If that were possible of course, it just seems to hit 100/10 instantly and stays there.

And it keeps getting better with each episode.... If that were possible of course, it just seems to hit 100/10 instantly and stays there.

Tonights episode was outstanding.

*snaps fingers and watches TGHL's forehead open up* :lol:

Power Lust is a terrible thing. Prepare for an emotional episode this Friday though...

And I've just come from watching Episode 2 of the 2nd series, entitled "Tooth and Claw." Excellent episode. No more said, as that would be a spoiler. Sarah Jane is back next week.

Power Lust is a terrible thing. Prepare for an emotional episode this Friday though...

And I've just come from watching Episode 2 of the 2nd series, entitled "Tooth and Claw." Excellent episode. No more said, as that would be a spoiler. Sarah Jane is back next week.

I have already made sure I will be here for the next show! Thanks!!!!!!

I have already made sure I will be here for the next show! Thanks!!!!!!

Getting psyched up for it I suppose, but the fun really starts after that.

You better mark your calendar for this weekend. Either Friday or Sunday evening on the SciFi channel. I am guessing it might be around 18H00 Friday and 20H00 Sunday. (Translation: 6 PM Friday and 8 PM Sunday.) Please do check your guide for accuracy of show times.

At 22H32-ish on Sunday, I saw a fragment of Dr. Who. However, I got bored since I was too sleepy to listen to exactly what they were saying. I was thinking, what the heck, because there was this random shiney light having to do with knowledge and it going away after the shiney white light went away and some girl was a liar apparently. However, I was pretty much turned off by it since I was sleepy and the graphics were too typical of Sci-Fi Channel... I changed the channel because I felt like watching other shows.

However, this fragment was not enough for me to properly analyze Dr. Who.

At 22H32-ish on Sunday, I saw a fragment of Dr. Who. However, I got bored since I was too sleepy to listen to exactly what they were saying. I was thinking, what the heck, because there was this random shiney light having to do with knowledge and it going away after the shiney white light went away and some girl was a liar apparently. However, I was pretty much turned off by it since I was sleepy and the graphics were too typical of Sci-Fi Channel... I changed the channel because I felt like watching other shows.

I absolutely, positively guarantee that you will really like Dr. Who is you are awake and watch the entire show. :D

I absolutely, positively guarantee that you will really like Dr. Who is you are awake and watch the entire show. :D

Watch Episodes 9 & 10 and you'll see Doctor Who at its best.

Okay... I can't stand this anymore. Here are 182 million DVDs for you to copy the rest of the shows and the FedEx courier will pick them up from your house when you call.

Okay... I can't stand this anymore. Here are 182 million DVDs for you to copy the rest of the shows and the FedEx courier will pick them up from your house when you call.

I think I might use them for Series Two Horatio, but first I need a way of getting it from my Sky+ (not my choice, I hate BSKyB personally) digibox onto a DVD or my computer. I will try and hire it, but there is another problem; PAL. Our digital encoding area is different to America's, so will the DVD-RW I send you (assuming this plan goes ahead) work on your DVD player or computer?

I think I might use them for Series Two Horatio, but first I need a way of getting it from my Sky+ (not my choice, I hate BSKyB personally) digibox onto a DVD or my computer. I will try and hire it, but there is another problem; PAL. Our digital encoding area is different to America's, so will the DVD-RW I send you (assuming this plan goes ahead) work on your DVD player or computer?

*grrrrrrrrrrr*

I will work this out and get back to you.

*calls B & O Corporate Headquarters*

*grrrrrrrrrrr*

I will work this out and get back to you.

*calls B & O Corporate Headquarters*

Good luck to you, as I think the PAL Region 2 thing may be the undoing.

hi im back! can i join? somedays i only have time for jokes riddles and funny stories but ill try to check back...i consider horatio my friend!

Considering me your friend, might not get you in, but it will get you sunflower seeds!!!!!! :lol:

So it's probably on tomorrow, right?

It's on now... I hope you are on the SciFi channel.

If you miss it, Sunday evening will be a repeat of this evening.

hi im back! can i join? somedays i only have time for jokes riddles and funny stories but ill try to check back...i consider horatio my friend!

Considering me your friend, might not get you in, but it will get you sunflower seeds!!!!!! :lol:

AGH! AGAIN! Missed half of it already... I think. I was too busy watching Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. All that bonus shnazzy shtuff.

AGH! AGAIN! Missed half of it already... I think. I was too busy watching Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. All that bonus shnazzy shtuff.

Aarrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Sunday night! Put it on your calendar!

If you get the Sunday paper, look in the TV Guide under the SciFi channel. You missed a really great episode!

Oh yes, how was Father's Day? Enough tissues used for you or was there not enough running down beige corridors for you? Come on, I want to hear your opinions!

I loved the creatures!!!!!!! They were amazing and phenomenally outstanding!

This was such a good episode!!!!!!

Oh yes, how was Father's Day? Enough tissues used for you or was there not enough running down beige corridors for you? Come on, I want to hear your opinions!

If you thought that was outstanding and amazing, wait for the two parter; The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances.

Advent Children! ;_; *sobs* I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...

If you thought that was outstanding and amazing, wait for the two parter; The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances.

You enjoy torturing me don't you! :lol:

Oh no not at all, but it will be torture once you finish the first episode and really want to see the second half. Is VHS region encrypted?

Oh no not at all, but it will be torture once you finish the first episode and really want to see the second half. Is VHS region encrypted?

VHS... good question. I don't know, let me find out. :D

ahahah never mind I found it so how have you guys been?

Great!!!!!!! So happy to see you have found this and us again.

As for me, nothing has been happening. Running in my wheel, sleeping, eating, getting on the computer, sleeping, eating, you get the idea. :lol:

How about you? How is Alaska? Did you get a new bike?

Right, having looked into the matter, it appears that the issue hangs on your VCR and Television. For example, over here in the land of PAL, many VCRs made have a signal convertor in them so that you can play a VHS tape from either SECAM or NTSC and the VCR would change the signal into PAL. Now, if you can somehow find out some tech. specs for your VCR Horatio, we may have a way of making this work. However, there is a further complication. Since I am part of the 70% of Britons who now use Digital Broadcast to view stuff and I recorded it onto a Sky+ Box (a digital brodcast reciever which stores programmes on a hard drive) it means that instead of being an analogue signal, I have no idea whether it is region encoded at all. If it turns out Digital Satellite broadcasting is not region encoded, then it makes it easier. If it is, then we still need to find a Multi-Regional VCR and Multi-Regional TV or a Multi-Regional VCR with a convertor.

So the steps are;

1) Find out some tech specs about Horatio's TV and VCR

2) Find out about Digital Satellite Broadcasts

3) Make an action plan based on the results of the first two steps.

Aha! I found out that the Digital Broadcast was done in DVB! Meaning that the signal code is one less factor in the problem as both the USA and UK use DVB. Only some countries that mistake being different and innovative for being just annoying don't use DVB. So, the only complication is about Horatio's VCR and TV! Right, find those tech specs!

Aha! I found out that the Digital Broadcast was done in DVB! Meaning that the signal code is one less factor in the problem as both the USA and UK use DVB. Only some countries that mistake being different and innovative for being just annoying don't use DVB. So, the only complication is about Horatio's VCR and TV! Right, find those tech specs!

I will have to ask someone in the know about this.

It will take me a couple of days for an answer.

Thank you for all the work you have done.

I saw a full episode of Dr. Who! It was better than I thought it would be. The guy who is Dr. Who is alright as an actor, but the rest... well... seemed corny as the graphics. But I liked the story. So it's all gewd. Would anyone care to explain TARDIS?

Right, having looked into the matter, it appears that the issue hangs on your VCR and Television. For example, over here in the land of PAL, many VCRs made have a signal convertor in them so that you can play a VHS tape from either SECAM or NTSC and the VCR would change the signal into PAL. Now, if you can somehow find out some tech. specs for your VCR Horatio, we may have a way of making this work. However, there is a further complication. Since I am part of the 70% of Britons who now use Digital Broadcast to view stuff and I recorded it onto a Sky+ Box (a digital brodcast reciever which stores programmes on a hard drive) it means that instead of being an analogue signal, I have no idea whether it is region encoded at all. If it turns out Digital Satellite broadcasting is not region encoded, then it makes it easier. If it is, then we still need to find a Multi-Regional VCR and Multi-Regional TV or a Multi-Regional VCR with a convertor.

So the steps are;

1) Find out some tech specs about Horatio's TV and VCR

2) Find out about Digital Satellite Broadcasts

3) Make an action plan based on the results of the first two steps.

...My VCR plays tapes. :D

Not Ghostbusters action figures, though. I figured that out the hard way.

I saw a full episode of Dr. Who! It was better than I thought it would be. The guy who is Dr. Who is alright as an actor, but the rest... well... seemed corny as the graphics. But I liked the story. So it's all gewd. Would anyone care to explain TARDIS?

Lexxscrapham or TGHL will be much better at explaining the TARDIS then me, so I will let them reply. You will need to watch a couple more episodes to get a better idea. Please do watch.

ahahah never mind I found it so how have you guys been?

Great!!!!!!! So happy to see you have found this and us again.

As for me, nothing has been happening. Running in my wheel, sleeping, eating, getting on the computer, sleeping, eating, you get the idea. :lol:

How about you? How is Alaska? Did you get a new bike?

Good, Alaskas great still can't get enough of it :P, yeah I got a new one but I have to wait till all the snow is gone to ride it xD

Lexxscrapham or TGHL will be much better at explaining the TARDIS then me, so I will let them reply. You will need to watch a couple more episodes to get a better idea. Please do watch.

Yeah, I saw something about attacking and such like, but I'm not sure.

Trust me on this one... I do not like violence, blood, guts and the like, so if it contained horrible scenes, I would be the first not to watch. :lol:

TARDIS; Time and Relative Dimensions In Space. The TARDIS is effectively a time machine which can travel to any place and any time. It is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Do not get confused by the police box shape, it could look any shape, but the Doctor decided against it. Cos it looks cool.

As to the fun/goodness of the episodes, you came in at just probably not the best episode. 80's Britain isn't exactly the most exciting place to be, but I promise that so long as you and I live, you will love the next episode. Or else.

Trust me on this one... I do not like violence, blood, guts and the like, so if it contained horrible scenes, I would be the first not to watch. :lol:

There is no blood or guts in Doctor Who... ever... It is more, suggested violence. Like it cuts away just before you see a particuarly violent death.

In regards to the episode coming up in what, 1 day's time for you? I am actually getting excited for you, because it is such a phenomenal two parter. Imagine the best show you've ever seen (It'd better not be Friends.....) and then think twice as good and scarier than any Japanese horror film or stupid Jigsaw/Saw/crazy mad pyscho film. Not scary in a bad way, scary in a good way. A good, healthy fright. Not one which causes nightmares for a week and imagining gruesome details. One which makes you jump and then laugh about it afterwards, or a sort of shiver when the tension builds up. I emphasise; good fright.

There is no blood or guts in Doctor Who... ever... It is more, suggested violence. Like it cuts away just before you see a particuarly violent death.

In regards to the episode coming up in what, 1 day's time for you? I am actually getting excited for you, because it is such a phenomenal two parter. Imagine the best show you've ever seen (It'd better not be Friends.....) and then think twice as good and scarier than any Japanese horror film or stupid Jigsaw/Saw/crazy mad pyscho film. Not scary in a bad way, scary in a good way. A good, healthy fright. Not one which causes nightmares for a week and imagining gruesome details. One which makes you jump and then laugh about it afterwards, or a sort of shiver when the tension builds up. I emphasise; good fright.

Today is Wednesday... Thursday, then Friday!!!!!!!!!!

What is happening?????????????

All these member names showing and no one is posting except Toto?

*sends a pot of coffee to all those names listed below*

Well, i have nothing to say on the matter, considering I havn't seen it AND I don't even have the channel. :P

Well, i have nothing to say on the matter, considering I havn't seen it AND I don't even have the channel. :P

Do you have cable? Dump the sports channels and get SciFi! :lol:

Today is Wednesday... Thursday, then Friday!!!!!!!!!!

1 day to go until the magnificent episode for you... 2 days to go for the magnificent episode written by the same writer for me...

I have nothing. My mom got rid of cable 2 years ago.

I am sorry to hear this. You are missing some great programs, Nova, Discovery, The History Channel and The SciFi Channel.

I am sorry to hear this. You are missing some great programs, Nova, Discovery, The History Channel and The SciFi Channel.

I watch all my shows-Freinds, Seinfeild, Everybody loves raymopnd, NOVA, South Park- at my Grandma's house. I really like Nova. w00t for Sitccoms and Scientific Television! *dances* But I've never watched the SciFi channel. And I watched The History Channel the Other day. They were talking about that Autobahn in Germany.

I have very basic cable. like, 11-27, 71, 74, and 75. So i do get discovery. Did you know doctor who used to be on pbs?

As a matter of fact, that is exactly where I watched the previous shows. :D

I think I have that basic Cable Cheesemaster has. I've never really known. I remember my Mom getting rid of it in September 2004, So I don't really remember. Either that, or We don't have anything and it's my Grandma who has Basic cable.

I have very basic cable. like, 11-27, 71, 74, and 75. So i do get discovery. Did you know doctor who used to be on pbs?

As a matter of fact, that is exactly where I watched the previous shows. :D

I think I have that basic Cable Cheesemaster has. I've never really known. I remember my Mom getting rid of it in September 2004, So I don't really remember. Either that, or We don't have anything and it's my Grandma who has Basic cable.

History isn't basic cable. I think nova is though. might not be.

Anyone not watching Doctor Who on the SciFi Channel when it starts will be reprimanded and placed in industrial custard.

Oh No!! Not the ondustrial custard!!! :lol:

*gets hungry*

:ph34r: typo ninja. :ninja:

Anyone not watching Doctor Who on the SciFi Channel when it starts will be reprimanded and placed in industrial custard.

*gets hungry*

Oh yes, the ondustrial custard. Orange, instead of yellow.

Anyway, The Empty Child. Told you it was good. Come people speak!

I can't wait until next week!!!!!!!!!

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*gets hungry*

I take it you liked it then?

*gets hungry*

Liked it? NOOOOOOOOOO!

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

*gets hungry*

Liked it? NOOOOOOOOOO!

Possibly the best Doctor Who story... ever? The other contender would have to be Genesis of the Daleks....

CYBERMEN ARE BACK ON SATURDAY!

LOOK AT PICTURE! THE EVIL! THE EVIL!!!!!!

post-5208-1147109489_thumb.jpg

*gets hungry*

Liked it? NOOOOOOOOOO!

Possibly the best Doctor Who story... ever? The other contender would have to be Genesis of the Daleks....

radiotimes_cybercover.jpg

OUTSTANDING!!!! I am so looking forward to watching! :lol:

lol so can i join?

*gets hungry*

Liked it? NOOOOOOOOOO!

post-5208-1147109489_thumb.jpg

OUTSTANDING!!!! I am so looking forward to watching! :lol:

THE TRAILER IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!! ARGGGGGHHHH!

lol so can i join?

???????

Hey Topazia and Jesusfreak... so happy to see you, but I am off to dinner. Talk to you later!

Unless I have my GMT-EST wrong (which I probably do) it is getting up to the time! Or not, it is 23:33 here, so minus 5 hours... it is 18:33 at Eastern Standard Time. SO not near it then. Well, enjoy the last 3 hours of waiting, I need sleep. I expect a full report, and Horatio dead from the genius of the episode by Sunday at the latest.

Hey Topazia and Jesusfreak... so happy to see you, but I am off to dinner. Talk to you later!

Unless I have my GMT-EST wrong (which I probably do) it is getting up to the time! Or not, it is 23:33 here, so minus 5 hours... it is 18:33 at Eastern Standard Time. SO not near it then. Well, enjoy the last 3 hours of waiting, I need sleep. I expect a full report, and Horatio dead from the genius of the episode by Sunday at the latest.

A full report will be on your desk in the morning, sir.

And where perchance is it? Britain has just been taken over by the Cybermen and Bluetooth and all I can care about is where a report is? *gets Cyber-zapped* Ow.

And where perchance is it? Britain has just been taken over by the Cybermen and Bluetooth and all I can care about is where a report is? *gets Cyber-zapped* Ow.

I just wanted to watch it a second time! :lol:

*wondered if he would really check*

Of course I would. After watching the return of the cybermen of course. Anyway, did you really love the two parter that much Horatio?

Of course I would. After watching the return of the cybermen of course. Anyway, did you really love the two parter that much Horatio?

How phenomenal! I love the two-parter! What an outstandingly fantastically superb ending! Such a great surprise!!!!!! :D:D:D

How phenomenal! I love the two-parter! What an outstandingly fantastically superb ending! Such a great surprise!!!!!! :D:D:D

Aber, wo in die Welt die Wulf ist?

(but, where is the world is the wolf?)

Come on MW, we need to know what you thought!

*pwns a randomly selected person with the Claymore and then does a victory jig*

*throws jello cubes all over the floor and then sprays cans and cans of whipped cream*

*watches - Kat - do the slip, sliding jig*

*finishes the jig, then wanders off in search of non-floor Jello*

*throws jello cubes all over the floor and then sprays cans and cans of whipped cream*

*sets up a table with a variety of jello in bowls, arranged in a rainbow*

Here you go. Be careful, the raspberry and strawberry are easily confused. :D

*sets up a table with a variety of jello in bowls, arranged in a rainbow*

Here you go. Be careful, the raspberry and strawberry are easily confused. :D

:D! *launches self at said table*

I am very excited. Yesterday I submitted my application to run in the Marine Corps Marathon! I got in!!!! I have tried for a few years to get into this marathon and no luck. There will be 30,000 runners! I am soooooo excited that I made it. Now just to train.

*looks for TBFOF*

I am very excited. Yesterday I submitted my application to run in the Marine Corps Marathon! I got in!!!! I have tried for a few years to get into this marathon and no luck. There will be 30,000 runners! I am soooooo excited that I made it. Now just to train.

*looks for TBFOF*

Whoo! *victory jigs for Horatio* n_n

Aber, wo in die Welt die Wulf ist?

(but, where is the world is the wolf?)

Come on MW, we need to know what you thought!

What I thought of what where?

*looks for TBFOF*

Whoo! *victory jigs for Horatio* n_n

Thank you. I have to be totally prepared by the 29th of October! It is such a short time.