• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Hammy New Year Lexxy!!!

12 minutes until the ball drops in Times Square!!!!!

16 here.

Gonna be celebrating nerd-style on Animal Crossing.

That' sounds like a great way to bring in the New Year!!!

Happy New Year Mushroom_King!!!

16 here.

The creepy town mayor Tortimer gave me a party popper! I also took some pictures with the camera feature.

16 here.

The creepy town mayor Tortimer gave me a party popper! I also took some pictures with the camera feature.

How did the pictures come out? I am getting a camera for Christmas. We have been looking and I am not sure what I want, so this Christmas present is taking a long time to arrive. Guess I better make a decision soon. :lol:

16 here.

How did the pictures come out? I am getting a camera for Christmas. We have been looking and I am not sure what I want, so this Christmas present is taking a long time to arrive. Guess I better make a decision soon. :lol:

It's not a real camera...it's built into the game. If you have an SD card in your Wii, which I conveniently do, you can take ingame pics and save them. And then go doodle on them on the Photo Channel.

16 here.

It's not a real camera...it's built into the game. If you have an SD card in your Wii, which I conveniently do, you can take ingame pics and save them. And then go doodle on them on the Photo Channel.

I knew that. It was just that you got me to thinking about my Christmas present when we talked about the camera. It is great being able to manipulate images, isn't it? :D

16 here.

I knew that. It was just that you got me to thinking about my Christmas present when we talked about the camera. It is great being able to manipulate images, isn't it? :D

I "PhotoChannelShopped" One picture. In the game you can build snowmen, and if you build them perfectly you get a present. So I built a perfect snowman, and I took a picture, and I went to the Photo Channel and Copied the picture of the snowman and placed about 6 more around my character. It looks real, too. XD

16 here.

I "PhotoChannelShopped" One picture. In the game you can build snowmen, and if you build them perfectly you get a present. So I built a perfect snowman, and I took a picture, and I went to the Photo Channel and Copied the picture of the snowman and placed about 6 more around my character. It looks real, too. XD

How creative!!! You have such artistic talent!!!

Okay... there is no place on earth for humans that should be this cold...

Duluth, Minnesota...

when we landed this morning, it was -19 C.

Oh my goodness... it took my breath away.

:o:o:o:o:o

I LIKE THE COLD >:o

Okay... there is no place on earth for humans that should be this cold...

Duluth, Minnesota...

when we landed this morning, it was -19 C.

Oh my goodness... it took my breath away.

:o:o:o:o:o

I LIKE THE COLD >:o

It froze my fur!

XD

Okay... here I am talking to myself again. Back in the land of Elvis and happy to have left Rochester to the approaching snowstorm.

One of my little hammy friends is feeling a little under the weather. So, I have to make a visit to the vet. Hope he gets better soon.

That sounds awesome. The weather here is bipolar. It was cold this morning and snowing, then it got really warm, it's sunny now but cold again.

The worst part is that when it warmed up, it melted some of the snow and ice and now that will re-freeze and make driving treacherous.

That sounds awesome. The weather here is bipolar. It was cold this morning and snowing, then it got really warm, it's sunny now but cold again.

The worst part is that when it warmed up, it melted some of the snow and ice and now that will re-freeze and make driving treacherous.

We had ice storms two years in a row here. the first year it was so bad, the tree in my driveway was being weighed down by ice and we had to park at the school. A lot of my friends lost power. I didn't have internets connection. I only lost power for one day, I was playing Mario Party and my TV turned off suddenly and I found out the power was out, so me, my brother, and his friends who were over went into the attic and played Game Boy. But it was pretty awesome because we missed school obviously.

We had ice storms two years in a row here. the first year it was so bad, the tree in my driveway was being weighed down by ice and we had to park at the school. A lot of my friends lost power. I didn't have internets connection. I only lost power for one day, I was playing Mario Party and my TV turned off suddenly and I found out the power was out, so me, my brother, and his friends who were over went into the attic and played Game Boy. But it was pretty awesome because we missed school obviously.

You are looking at the bright side of a bad situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Did I get lucky!!! When we checked into the hotel today, the gentleman behind the desk decided to give us the most fantastic rooms. We are on the 31st (top) floor of this hotel with the most incredible view overlooking the water. The city of Vancouver is the site of the next 2010 Winter Olympics and the amount of building is incredible. Pictures will follow showing the most wonderful scenery!!!

Lexxscrapham... Hi!!! I am over in your neck of the woods. :D Or sort of close!

Scary... me, four bots and 14 guests.

post-678-1232858486_thumb.png

Sounds like the newest Summer action flick.

"HORATIO...trapped, alone, with four bots and fourteen guests! Will he survive?! This Summer, Some actor I don't care about is...HORATIO: THE MOVIE"

Scary... me, four bots and 14 guests.

Picture_2.png

Sounds like the newest Summer action flick.

"HORATIO...trapped, alone, with four bots and fourteen guests! Will he survive?! This Summer, Some actor I don't care about is...HORATIO: THE MOVIE"

:lol::lol::lol:

*bakes Mushroom_king some fabulous cookies*

• 3 weeks later...

Okay... so I have been in Vancouver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Greensboro and now back in Memphis.

It's Valentine's Day and I hope everyone has had a really nice happy heart.

My Valentine's Day gift was a most beautiful little Panda Bear Hamster. He is so sweet.

Now for a really special name beginning with an H.

Picture to follow tomorrow.

Okay... so I have been in Vancouver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Greensboro and now back in Memphis.

My Valentine's Day gift was a most beautiful little Panda Bear Hamster. He is so sweet.

Howard!

:rolleyes:

Howard!

Now that is a name I hadn't thought of, but let me check the name list to make sure that is a name that has not been used.

Thanks!!! :D

post-1940-1234728740_thumb.jpg

Google? Printing? :unsure:

~Liz

WHOA !!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is so strange!

*hands Dog Lover The Black Bat Award*

Thank you for posting that.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...

Not one word on my Valentine's Day present?

*cries*

Awesome, thanks for the award!

And sorry I didn't read about your present, I hadn't been on in a while and only read the last page of posts, and your original post about it was on the previous page...but now I've seen the picture and he's so cute!!!! How about Hercules for a name? (Elton's middle name, BTW)

~Liz

Our newest family member.

Isn't he beautiful? :D

What a cutie. ^_^

Do you have any male names that begin with an H? I already have a Helmut.

The problem is that I was looking for a Panda Bear hamster to use as a father, but he has been sneezing since the day he arrived home.

So, I am pretty worried. Today we are going to the veterinarian's office.

Oh no. I hope it is not so severe and he'll recover soon.

BTW, my black hooded rat seems to recover well.

As for the name: The name of one of my old rats was also Helmut. He also was a black hooded. I named him after the former german chancellor Helmut Kohl. The others were called Gerhard (Schröder, the chancellor who was in office at this time) and Edmund (Stoiber, who was a chancellor candidate). :lol:

Ok some names with H. What kind of names do you like? Here are some which are somehow similar to Helmut: Holger, Harry, Hannes, Henry, Hans, Hartmut, Hermann, Heribert. :D

Oh no. I hope it is not so severe and he'll recover soon.

BTW, my black hooded rat seems to recover well.

As for the name: The name of one of my old rats was also Helmut. He also was a black hooded. I named him after the former german chancellor Helmut Kohl. The others were called Gerhard (Schröder, the chancellor who was in office at this time) and Edmund (Stoiber, who was a chancellor candidate). :lol:

Ok some names with H. What kind of names do you like? Here are some which are somehow similar to Helmut: Holger, Harry, Hannes, Henry, Hans, Hartmut, Hermann, Heribert. :D

Awesome!!! I have already had a Harry, Henry and Hermann, but now I have four new names. Holger, Hannes, Hans and Hartmut will be the ones to choose from.

I took your baby food thinking and will store that in my list of great ideas. At the moment he is eating well, but just sneezing. So, off to the veterinarian later to get some cold medicine, but it has to be a miniscule amount as he is really tiny.

Glad to hear your black hooded rat is recovering.

Howard!

Now that is a name I hadn't thought of, but let me check the name list to make sure that is a name that has not been used.

I actually despise that name, but I that's my neighbor's name and I saw him outside right before I posted that.

Two more: Horst and Harald. :lol:

I'm also thinking about names for my (female) rats. I already have Gin and Tonic. :D

If you have some more names let me know. I'll need at least one more because when my both survivors are healthy, I'll search for one ore two fellows for them. Rats are very social and they need the contact to others. Two is okay, but if one is dying (I always have to keep in mind that this can happen very very quickly... :( ) the other one is alone. It should be at least three. Since my cage is not soo big, it also should not be more than four.

Howard!

I actually despise that name, but I that's my neighbor's name and I saw him outside right before I posted that.

No Howard. This is a really sweet hammy.

Leguan has come up with a few.

Two more: Horst and Harald. :lol:

I'm also thinking about names for my (female) rats. I already have Gin and Tonic. :D

If you have some more names let me know. I'll need at least one more because when my both survivors are healthy, I'll search for one ore two fellows for them. Rats are very social and they need the contact to others. Two is okay, but if one is dying (I always have to keep in mind that this can happen very very quickly... :( ) the other one is alone. It should be at least three. Since my cage is not soo big, it also should not be more than four.

Salt and Pepper. :lol:

If I had rats... they would all have 'R' names.

Hope you find another two rats for your fabulous rat estate.

That's so strange, "Howard" is the first name that came to mind for me too lol. And that hamster is adorable! ^_^ If you want to find more names, I suggest just doing a simple search for "baby names." :rolleyes:

Harry.

Herbert.

Did the search a few hamsters ago and at the moment, all the American male 'H' names have been used. I'm looking for foreign male 'H' names at the moment. There have even been a few fabricated 'H' names such as Houda. But thank you for the suggestion.

Harry was the hamster with his own Harley motorcycle and Herbert was a terrific brown, black and white guy.

New poll... please vote!!!

I think you need to delete the poll, and make a new one, rather than change the questions D:

icantvote.PNG

[That cool black pointy thing is my cursor, so you know]

I had to completely remove it, get out of the topic and then open it again.

Thenks!!!!

Would you please vote now?

Also I have a question... what do you know about Bots on your computer to use to get into a website over and over again?

I think you need to delete the poll, and make a new one, rather than change the questions D:

post-765-1234909530_thumb.png

Thenks!!!!

Also I have a question... what do you know about Bots on your computer to use to get into a website over and over again?

I've voted, thenks.

You mean like the bots we see in the active users part of the main page?

or bots that simulate a user for one of many purposes?

icantvote.PNG

Thenks!!!!

I've voted, thenks.

Thank you for voting!

I want a bot that simulates me for access to one website only.

post-765-1234909530_thumb.png

Thenks!!!!

I've voted, thenks.

Thank you for voting!

Only thing I know offhand about bots like that is that they can be copied and produced and used to overrun a server, but thats... probably not what you're wanting to do.

but Offhand, thats all I've got. I'll take a look in to it though.

but what exactly is the objective here, creating a mirror bot so your IP couldnt be traced [as easily]?

I guess Im overthinking it, but the only uses that come to mind are malicious ones D:

icantvote.PNG

Thenks!!!!

I've voted, thenks.

Thank you for voting!

Only thing I know offhand about bots like that is that they can be copied and produced and used to overrun a server, but thats... probably not what you're wanting to do.

but Offhand, thats all I've got. I'll take a look in to it though.

but what exactly is the objective here, creating a mirror bot so your IP couldnt be traced [as easily]?

I guess Im overthinking it, but the only uses that come to mind are malicious ones D:

What I am looking for is a bot that will get on my work server, look at what trips are in open time and then email me if a new trip appears.

Hercules, as I have stated before. :rolleyes:

~Liz

Hercules was a male blonde hamster that I rescued from the veterinarian. Some idiot mother had given the little guy to her five year old son who had a mean streak. He picked the hamster up by it's back legs and threw the poor little guy with some force onto a tile floor. He was paralyzed from just behind the front paws down. I was giving him cooked oatmeal, vegetables (never thought about baby food) and was working with him. He was starting to get better but then just passed away.

I could use Hercule without the 's' on the end. How does that sound?

~Liz

Hercules was a male blonde hamster that I rescued from the veterinarian. Some idiot mother had given the little guy to her five year old son who had a mean streak. He picked the hamster up by it's back legs and threw the poor little guy with some force onto a tile floor. He was paralyzed from just behind the front paws down. I was giving him cooked oatmeal, vegetables (never thought about baby food) and was working with him. He was starting to get better but then just passed away.

Oh my gosh! :( That's so sad! I'm sorry.

Hercule is cool..

~Liz

~Liz

Oh my gosh! :( That's so sad! I'm sorry.

Hercule is cool..

~Liz

What's worse is the fact that little boy is already starting his reign of terror in abusing animals. He needs some discipline and limits from his parents. There would be no pets in his future.

*makes appearance*

Yeah!!!!!

WILDCAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

How fantastic to see you!!!

How is everything going?

Are you okay?

How is school?

Talk to us!!!

excellent! everything is excellent! :D

my grades are up!

and I'm going to Spain and Australia next year!

And it's mardi gras break which means NO SCHOOL FOR A WEEK :]

I've been such a busy bee lately, I'm sorry I haven't been getting on as much!

Here is the update... my Teddy Panda Bear hamster is doing much better. In the meantime, we

added a short haired Panda to the group and three Robo hamsters.

Names and pictures to follow.

At the moment I am in Greensboro, NC on my way to Indianapolis, IN and return in the morning.

Okay... here is the Sunday update.

Had a really ucky snowstorm. First it was rain, then a little snow, then a LOT of snow, then it turned to sleety-snow which was coming down in the size of tennis balls. Well, not quite that large. But, I was out buying hamster supplies and when I walked into the pet store, it was just light rain. Not in there very long, it was sleety-snowing so hard that I could not get the entire back windshield cleaned off until the side I started on was almost obscured again. After this, I went straight home. This then turned to fine snow and the temperature starting dropping. Freezing temperatures, wind and more snow. A truly awful mess. The whole thing froze with the ice covered up by snow.

Anyway, here is a picture of one of my bushes and a poplar tree. The poor daffodils are under the snow. Hope they make it.

Now here a picture of my new family members.

There is a new poll for everyone...

please vote and all responses are welcomed.

As for the names...

Hercule is the name for the long-haired Teddy Panda hamster.

Horst is the name for the short-haired Panda hamster.

Pictures to follow, as soon as they slow down a little and the photographs don't all come out blurry. :D

Had a really ucky snowstorm.

Snow. :wacko:

Spring is coming here. Sun and temperatures around 12 °C. Finally. I already had a ride on my Honda.

Cute little hampsters. ^_^

There is a possibility that I may consider moving to China for a few years.

What do you think?

China. Interesting. Well, would be a great experience to meet the people there. I think it is a good chance get an own impression of what is going on there. The media only talk about censorship, violation of human rights, pollution and so on...

Spring is coming here. Sun and temperatures around 12 °C. Finally. I already had a ride on my Honda.

What do you think?

China. Interesting. Well, would be a great experience to meet the people there. I think it is a good chance get an own impression of what is going on there. The media only talk about censorship, violation of human rights, pollution and so on...

Thanks! Snow is for the north, not the south. No one knows how to drive in the snow and we had a zillion accidents.

Now the Robo group is up to five. :o:o:o

Horst, the short-haired Panda, reminds me of your black-hooded rat. I will try and get a picture, but he is really shy.

It would be fantastic to see China first hand. My plan would be not to live in Hong Kong, but to live in Guangzhou. Before I left, I would study Mandarin and hopefully be able to construct a simple sentence.

Of course, I can still be the moderator here, the only difference is that I could post pictures of China instead of the USA. :D

What do you think?

Thanks! Snow is for the north, not the south. No one knows how to drive in the snow and we had a zillion accidents.

Horst, the short-haired Panda, reminds me of your black-hooded rat. I will try and get a picture, but he is really shy.

It would be fantastic to see China first hand. My plan would be not to live in Hong Kong, but to live in Guangzhou. Before I left, I would study Mandarin and hopefully be able to construct a simple sentence.

Of course, I can still be the moderator here, the only difference is that I could post pictures of China instead of the USA. :D

China?!

Wow. That is a long way off!

What do you think?

China?!

Did you vote in the poll???

Do you think moving to China for a few years is a good idea?

What do you think?

China?!

I didn't vote, because I'm not sure!

Haa, I hate making decisions when I don't have to

Yet somehow, I keep getting elected as class president... :blink:

What do you think?

China?!

If you are getting elected as class president you must be very good at making decisions even though you don't like to.

Pleeeeeeaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeee vote.

What do you think?

China?!

If you are getting elected as class president you must be very good at making decisions even though you don't like to.

Pleeeeeeaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeee vote.

*has decision induced panic attack*

wellp, i honestly have no clue

and i would have to weigh the pros and cons of each and then think it over and then start all over again because i can't stand to make a big decision without weighing the benefits and risks first

it would take a lot of effort and thinking, and frankly, i'm lazy and indecisive

instead, I leave you with this!

Consider what you think justice requires, and decide accordingly. But never give your reasons; for your judgment will probably be right, but your reasons will certainly be wrong. ~Lord Mansfield

The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn. ~David Russell

*is really lonely today*

Aw, why so lonely?

No one was around today. :(

Aw, I'm sorry. I was doing homework for much of the day, because homework owns my life now. T_T

Ad a teacher, homework and tests will own you for the rest of your life.

Haha I know, just hopefully not to this extent lol. From what everyone has been telling me, it seems like this semester of ELD classes is supposed to be the worst, which is good to know. Also I found out last week that there's a class I thought I had to take but don't have to because one of my psychology classes covered it, I don't remember if I mentioned it or not.

Haha I know, just hopefully not to this extent lol. From what everyone has been telling me, it seems like this semester of ELD classes is supposed to be the worst, which is good to know. Also I found out last week that there's a class I thought I had to take but don't have to because one of my psychology classes covered it, I don't remember if I mentioned it or not.

Something that great slipped your mind?!? :o

Hearing that sure must have made your day. Awesome!!!

It did make me pretty happy, since that class would have run straight through my usual dinner time, and would have been followed immediately by choir, which can run up to three hours. So now my Monday schedule is looking much better. ^_^

It did make me pretty happy, since that class would have run straight through my usual dinner time, and would have been followed immediately by choir, which can run up to three hours. So now my Monday schedule is looking much better. ^_^

Now Mondays are bearable. :)

As for today... this Monday I must have left my brain in another city because it sure wasn't inside my skull. :blink:

This definitely was 'one of those days' and it was one I would rather not repeat. Nothing bad, just stupid stuff.

Because Horatio is great, I present you with this small bag of beans. Use them well.

Because Horatio is great, I present you with this small bag of beans. Use them well.

Beans!!! Thank you.

I will plant them. :D

What I did not tell you is that you have planted the seeds of the "Razor-toothed Evil Killer Demonseed Helpme" plant, or Succurro ego for its Latin name. THOU HAST CONDEMMÉD US AWL. :o

Beans!!! Thank you.

I will plant them. :D

What I did not tell you is that you have planted the seeds of the "Razor-toothed Evil Killer Demonseed Helpme" plant, or Succurro ego for its Latin name. THOU HAST CONDEMMÉD US AWL. :o

Ooops.

Are they edible? :huh:

Today I went for a jog in a local park called Shelby Farms. Here are a couple of pictures...

IMG_0799.JPG

Beautiful!

Would you mind if I made the one of ... the wooden fence thing my desktop background? ^_^

Please do. Actually that is the wall from a dilapidated cabin.

Here is a picture of the remainder of the cabin.

Just a few feet from the cabin on the right side of the path is an old blue car.

You picked one of my favorite pictures from today.

Thank you so much for wanting to use it on your desktop background!!!!

Today I went for a jog in a local park called Shelby Farms. Here are a couple of pictures...

post-678-1236726513_thumb.jpg

Beautiful!

Would you mind if I made the one of ... the wooden fence thing my desktop background? ^_^

Just a few feet from the cabin on the right side of the path is an old blue car.

I want the wood from that, it's beautiful!

I got three compliments on it last night at WOz rehearsal. They all thought it was one of those preloaded backgrounds.

THANK YOU! :D

IMG_0799.JPG

Beautiful!

I got three compliments on it last night at WOz rehearsal. They all thought it was one of those preloaded backgrounds.

You just made my day. You are most welcome. :D

What is even more amazing is that the iPhone took that picture!

Beautiful!

These are soooo cool!!!!

Like crazy cool.

and iPhones take incredible pictures! I always take pictures with my moms and I'm amazed at the quality

Beautiful!

At first I thought it was the iPhone, but then I convinced myself that it wasn't.

The iPhone continues to amaze me with the quality of the photographs. Sometimes it takes better close-up pictures than my Nikon Coolpix. Of course, TBFOF, you take incredible pictures and if you had this phone, you would have a zillion pictures posted.

soo. what's this about moving to china?

I bid to fly Hong Kong and thought it would be great to live in China for 2 to 3 years.

Now I am just waiting to see if I have been awarded the bid. The company has delayed

the results for about one week.

News to follow. :D

Of course, everyone has voted No, except for me. So..... :o

well.. Do what you want.. I think were are just concerned that something as fun as hampsterboard might not be allowed by the government of China, they do kinda have a reputaiton for that.. and, making sure every licenced driver knows how to subdue a rampaging yak.

well.. Do what you want.. I think were are just concerned that something as fun as hampsterboard might not be allowed by the government of China, they do kinda have a reputaiton for that.. and, making sure every licenced driver knows how to subdue a rampaging yak.

China is not my only option, I could also live in Hong Kong. Of course, they are also under Chinese rule, but I leave the country to fly. So, I could still be the mod. :D

This has been an awful week that passed... not one I want to repeat. First I had to put one of my friends to sleep. *cries* Heloise was having some problems where her balance was gone. This created some big problems for her as she could not walk straight and had trouble standing. There were a couple other health problems and both I and the vet suspected a brain tumour. Well, I cried so much. Then I was having some mix-up with the mobile me part of the computer and proceeded to totally eliminate my contacts, AGAIN, but this time it made sure I not only cleaned out my phone, but all the contacts in Adam Z'apple. No recovery, except the contacts I had stored on my iPod. Well, I was going to restore that data and did not have time, as I had to go to work. So, I loaded the backpack with Adam, my iPhone, iPod, my friend's new iPhone, all my back-up cables, Airport Express, etc., passport, all my licenses, identification, credit cards, etc., etc., etc., bungeed everything on the back of my motorcycle and headed off to work. When I got to work, my backpack was gone!!!!! Immediately I retraced my steps, and continued to do so for the next four hours, but absolutely nothing. Knowing I had left my cell phone on, I called. It rang three times and so I knew it had survived the fall off the bike. By eight o'clock that morning, someone had turned it off. Now I knew that someone had my bag.

The last two days have been filled with trying to remember all the accounts I access on my laptop, the usernames and the passwords. Changing all the passwords. Next was to try and rebuild my life, one document at a time. You have no idea just how frustrating it is to have nothing but your FedEx ID, and you are trying to replace all your documents. First, most companies or agencies, expect that if you lose 'their' document or license, that is the only one you have lost. The have no provision for anyone who has lost ALL their documents. So, you want to replace this lost document, please send in a notarized, certified letter where you showed a notary you have another form of picture ID. Okay, that can't happen.

So, I decide to go to the Apple Store to replace my iPhone. You have to have a "card" to put into the machine to activate the iPhone before you leave the store. Here is the scenario:

"Why can't I pay cash?"

"Because we need a credit card to put into this machine to activate your phone."

"So, it I don't use cards and do not have any cards, or my credit is so bad that no one will give me a card, or I have lost all my cards, then I cannot replace my phone?"

"Yup."

"How is this possible that I cannot pay you cash?"

"Because we need a card."

"There is absolutely no other way?"

"No."

So this goes on for quite some time... and I do mean, quite some time. Then the guy at the Apple Store, Julien, says,

"Wait, I have an idea."

"Okay"

"I will sell you a gift card, and we can put the gift card into the machine."

"Great thinking."

Now we get that part established and are on the the next problem... AT&T.

"What is your wireless account number"

"I don't know."

"Well, we need that three digit code to verify who you are."

"The wireless is tied into my house phone bill, why would I have a wireless account number? Also, I am in Tennessee and the paper copy of the bill is in Florida. Is there a way to look it up online?"

"No."

"No? Let me understand this. You want me to go paperless and receive my bills online, but there is no way to look up my wireless account number online, why would I want to go paperless?"

"I'm sorry, I have to have your wireless account number to activate your cell phone."

"But I had the two phones suspended when they were lost and possibly stolen. Can you verify me with anything else?"

"No."

"So, let me understand this, if I lost the paperwork copy of my phone bill in the parking lot, someone picked it up, then they could activate an iPhone under my name with no additional security checks."

"I guess so."

"May I please speak to your supervisor. Certainly there is a way to verify the last payment, the bank where the money was dispersed, something to verify who I am."

"You can speak to a supervisor, but they will not be able to help unless you have the paper copy of your bill."

Well, I won't bore you with any additional idiotic comments by the AT&T people, but finally I managed to get an iPhone... four hours later.

Now on to step two, but that is for a different post.

This has been an awful week that passed... not one I want to repeat. First I had to put one of my friends to sleep. *cries* Heloise was having some problems where her balance was gone. This created some big problems for her as she could not walk straight and had trouble standing. There were a couple other health problems and both I and the vet suspected a brain tumour. Well, I cried so much. Then I was having some mix-up with the mobile me part of the computer and proceeded to totally eliminate my contacts, AGAIN, but this time it made sure I not only cleaned out my phone, but all the contacts in Adam Z'apple. No recovery, except the contacts I had stored on my iPod. Well, I was going to restore that data and did not have time, as I had to go to work. So, I loaded the backpack with Adam, my iPhone, iPod, my friend's new iPhone, all my back-up cables, Airport Express, etc., passport, all my licenses, identification, credit cards, etc., etc., etc., bungeed everything on the back of my motorcycle and headed off to work. When I got to work, my backpack was gone!!!!! Immediately I retraced my steps, and continued to do so for the next four hours, but absolutely nothing. Knowing I had left my cell phone on, I called. It rang three times and so I knew it had survived the fall off the bike. By eight o'clock that morning, someone had turned it off. Now I knew that someone had my bag.

The last two days have been filled with trying to remember all the accounts I access on my laptop, the usernames and the passwords. Changing all the passwords. Next was to try and rebuild my life, one document at a time. You have no idea just how frustrating it is to have nothing but your FedEx ID, and you are trying to replace all your documents. First, most companies or agencies, expect that if you lose 'their' document or license, that is the only one you have lost. The have no provision for anyone who has lost ALL their documents. So, you want to replace this lost document, please send in a notarized, certified letter where you showed a notary you have another form of picture ID. Okay, that can't happen.

So, I decide to go to the Apple Store to replace my iPhone. You have to have a "card" to put into the machine to activate the iPhone before you leave the store. Here is the scenario:

"Why can't I pay cash?"

"Because we need a credit card to put into this machine to activate your phone."

"So, it I don't use cards and do not have any cards, or my credit is so bad that no one will give me a card, or I have lost all my cards, then I cannot replace my phone?"

"Yup."

"How is this possible that I cannot pay you cash?"

"Because we need a card."

"There is absolutely no other way?"

"No."

So this goes on for quite some time... and I do mean, quite some time. Then the guy at the Apple Store, Julien, says,

"Wait, I have an idea."

"Okay"

"I will sell you a gift card, and we can put the gift card into the machine."

"Great thinking."

Now we get that part established and are on the the next problem... AT&T.

"What is your wireless account number"

"I don't know."

"Well, we need that three digit code to verify who you are."

"The wireless is tied into my house phone bill, why would I have a wireless account number? Also, I am in Tennessee and the paper copy of the bill is in Florida. Is there a way to look it up online?"

"No."

"No? Let me understand this. You want me to go paperless and receive my bills online, but there is no way to look up my wireless account number online, why would I want to go paperless?"

"I'm sorry, I have to have your wireless account number to activate your cell phone."

"But I had the two phones suspended when they were lost and possibly stolen. Can you verify me with anything else?"

"No."

"So, let me understand this, if I lost the paperwork copy of my phone bill in the parking lot, someone picked it up, then they could activate an iPhone under my name with no additional security checks."

"I guess so."

"May I please speak to your supervisor. Certainly there is a way to verify the last payment, the bank where the money was dispersed, something to verify who I am."

"You can speak to a supervisor, but they will not be able to help unless you have the paper copy of your bill."

Well, I won't bore you with any additional idiotic comments by the AT&T people, but finally I managed to get an iPhone... four hours later.

Now on to step two, but that is for a different post.

This is why I don't care for Apple.

D:

This is why I don't care for Apple.

D:

Actually Apple was the rescuer... it was AT&T who was the problem.

AT&T wants all the phones activated before they leave the store so that they at least know the serial number and get their money for the initial activation and you have signed a two-year agreement, so they can then go after you for the contract monies. Verizon and Sprint are exactly the same way. They all are trying to protect their bottom line.

I've put adverts in the newspaper, on Craig's list and searched up and down. The reward I am offering is way more than they would get trying to sell the stuff. I just want my documents and the old phone. There were thousands of photographs that were not backed up. But when my new computer arrives, I am backing up my life.

Oh Horatio! I am so sorrrrry!

*Hugs*

When you said you knew someone had shut it off... Could it have possibly died?

Thanks for the hug. I really needed that.

Could it have died? It was fully charged at midnight, lost at 01H00, I called it at 02H00, then called it again at 09H00.

At 02H00, it rang about three times, at 09H00 it went straight to voicemail. No one else would have called me during that period, so it should have been fully charged for quite a while and probably not have died.

*Hugs*

Could it have died? It was fully charged at midnight, lost at 01H00, I called it at 02H00, then called it again at 09H00.

At 02H00, it rang about three times, at 09H00 it went straight to voicemail. No one else would have called me during that period, so it should have been fully charged for quite a while and probably not have died.

Oh man. I am so, so sorry.

It's really horrible that all this happens to you.

I wish you the best of luck trying to piece your life back together.

I don't know what I would do if I lost all these pictures of my grandfather.

I really aught to back these up now.

*Hugs*

Oh man. I am so, so sorry.

It's really horrible that all this happens to you.

I wish you the best of luck trying to piece your life back together.

I don't know what I would do if I lost all these pictures of my grandfather.

I really aught to back these up now.

Please learn from my mistakes. Back up, back up, back up...NOW!!!

I had my music, photographs and address book backed up on my iPhone and the music and photos on my iPod, but everything was lost together. So, today I purchased an Apple 500GB hard drive to back up my new life.

Please, if you do anything else on the computer, back up your important things like photographs, contacts, etc.

Today in Narita, Japan (Tokyo), we, FedEx, had an MD.11 crash during landing.

Please take a moment of silence and say a prayer for the two pilots who lost their lives.

The families and friends of these men will be in my thoughts, heart and prayers.

Horatio

Well... I am hoping that my new laptop arrives tomorrow. It was supposed to be here today, but the eruption of the volcano delayed the flight by a few hours. So, I am crossing my fingers for tomorrow.

Then, the first thing I will do is get a great art program. I have Corel, but it is the old version. Time for a new one.

Any suggestions?

Oh, good lord.

All at once.

And now someone could quite possibly have it all.

Adam Z'apple, your iPhone, iPod, friend's iPhone, um. Everything else in the universe...

This

This is why people should never use MobileMe. Even if it looks convenient. U:

But really, I have to admit, I'm kind of wondering why you'd load up with absolutely everything like that? I find there's a fine line of convenience. That sounds like filling a folder with all your work throughout a year and then losing the folder, you know? Only more extreme That's why I don't like putting all my things in one place, at least.

Man... That's... well, really, that's weird. It seems kind of odd to think that someone could one day have thousands of dollars of equipment and then just

lose it all

in an instant

going to work

U:

I'm so sorry that happened to you, really...

/hug offer?

Oh, good lord.

All at once.

And now someone could quite possibly have it all.

Adam Z'apple, your iPhone, iPod, friend's iPhone, um. Everything else in the universe...

This

This is why people should never use MobileMe. Even if it looks convenient. U:

But really, I have to admit, I'm kind of wondering why you'd load up with absolutely everything like that? I find there's a fine line of convenience. That sounds like filling a folder with all your work throughout a year and then losing the folder, you know? Only more extreme That's why I don't like putting all my things in one place, at least.

Man... That's... well, really, that's weird. It seems kind of odd to think that someone could one day have thousands of dollars of equipment and then just

lose it all

in an instant

going to work

U:

I'm so sorry that happened to you, really...

/hug offer?

I'll definitely take you up on the hug offer. Thanks! I needed that.

Actually the Mobile Me is what saved me. What I didn't know is that you have what you selected to be stored, somewhere else and you have to input your username and password to access it. My hard drive is encrypted, so if someone was to try and see what was on there, they would be out of luck. Because of Mobile Me, I did save some of my address book. Thank goodness. Also, I had immediately changed my password, so Adam survived, they would not be able to get too much.

As for the reason I had all my eggs in one basket... because I usually carry that basket everywhere and it is never out of my sight. As for my luggage, I park that with all the other pilot bags. No one ever touches them, but occasionally someone will grab the wrong bag.

The good news is that I am coming up with a way to save this information in another place and a way to access it in case this ever happens again.

And... from now on, my iPhone will be somewhere else, not with my laptop. The new iPod, when I get around to purchasing it, if I do, will be left home. But with the capability of the iPhone, I don't see much reason for an iPod.

For the past week, I have beaten myself up over this and realized that I must have been in a hurry, even though I didn't think so, because there were a couple things I didn't do, or did differently, which meant losing my bag. GRRRRR to me.

The worst or best part, is that all my identification is either in the trash or still in someone's hands. If it is still in someone's hands, then I have offered a "large reward" for the return. I would even let them have the iPhones and iPod, just to have my hard drive and documentation returned. Much, much, much more money than they would get it trying to pawn it or sell it second hand.

Thank you for reading and the hug.

This is really annoying. But hey, it could be worse. Try to look forward, even if it isn't easy in such a situation. *hugs*

So this is a reminder for everyone to make backups. And to store them in different places.

I have an external hard disc for backups which is stored at my parent's home (consider for example a fire which would destroy both- original and backup). Very important data is also saved on an USB-stick, on my mobile and extremely important data also online on the mailserver.

This is really annoying. But hey, it could be worse. Try to look forward, even if it isn't easy in such a situation. *hugs*

So this is a reminder for everyone to make backups. And to store them in different places.

I have an external hard disc for backups which is stored at my parent's home (consider for example a fire which would destroy both- original and backup). Very important data is also saved on an USB-stick, on my mobile and extremely important data also online on the mailserver.

I'm a slow learner, but you are so, so right.

Now I have the apple 500GB storage unit. :lol:

This advert is awesome!!!!!!!

Has anyone seen the Kia Soul commercial?

If I could find a way to post it here I most certainly would.

Let me know if anyone else has seen it and what you think of it.

yeah, that was cute...

*gets sucked down the vortex of humans, hamsters and cars of youtube...*

yeah, that was cute...

You tube... what a great place to go for all sorts of entertainment. :lol:

yeah, that was cute...

YTMND is also a good site for entertainment, but a lot of the funny may be lost on most folks.

yeah, that was cute...

YTMND is also a good site for entertainment, but a lot of the funny may be lost on most folks.

True.

Where is Horatio? Horatio isn't usually missing for this many days without warning. :unsure:

Thanks for asking. Not missing, just without my new laptop. I am waiting for the delivery of my new, new laptop. Using the phone to try and reply is something I need to work on. The scroll part, where you have to reply downstream is hard for me, but I know that I am missing something. So, at the moment, I am in Boston waiting to fly down to Memphis. Hopefully I will have a new laptop this afternoon.

Where is Horatio? Horatio isn't usually missing for this many days without warning. :unsure:

Thanks for asking. Not missing, just without my new laptop. I am waiting for the delivery of my new, new laptop. Using the phone to try and reply is something I need to work on. The scroll part, where you have to reply downstream is hard for me, but I know that I am missing something. So, at the moment, I am in Boston waiting to fly down to Memphis. Hopefully I will have a new laptop this afternoon.

Yay! You're still alive! I was starting to worry lol.

No worries... I have my NEW laptop!!!

Pretty awesome!!!!!!!! :D

YAY ^_^

YAY ^_^

YAY is soooooo right!!!!!!

I felt so lost without my laptop. :unsure:

Okay... we now are having a new domicile bid...

PARIS !!!!!

Soooooooooo, it should open around the first or second week of May and be open for 45 days.

The results will be available after the middle of June!

The new poll will be...

...should I move to Paris if I can hold the bid award???????

:D:D:D:D:D

And yes TBFOF, you will have a room in our cage. LOL

PARIS !!!!!

Soooooooooo, it should open around the first or second week of May and be open for 45 days.

The new poll will be...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

It has been extremelllllly slow lately.

Nothing to reply to.

I have lots to post, but I have been waiting for you to post your Europe photographs. :rolleyes: LOL

I forgot about those. Willllll do soon!

Thanks! You take really great pictures, so I am looking forward to all that you post.

PARIS !!!!!

The new poll will be...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I'll take this as a resounding yes. :lol: