Book club

horatioooooooo-

did the ej book come yet?

***waits excitedly***

*cries*

Nooooooooooooooooo. :(

nooooooooo? :o

nooooooooo! :angry:

Some nonsense about having a book sale to be able to buy books. Sounds kind of fishy to me. :unsure:

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_angry.png" alt=":angry2:">

Exactly what I was thinking.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know when Eclipse by Stephanie Meyers is coming out?? It's supposed to come out this month (August) and my mom was gonna take me to Barnes & Noble today to ask but I fell asleep. :D

So, if you know please, do, tell.

Never Mind I looked it up and it comes out on the 7th!!!

*squeels*

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Does anybody know when Eclipse by Stephanie Meyers is coming out?? It's supposed to come out this month (August) and my mom was gonna take me to Barnes & Noble today to ask but I fell asleep. :D

So, if you know please, do, tell.

Never Mind I looked it up and it comes out on the 7th!!!

*squeels*

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooooo

oooo...

EXCITED!!!

Eclipse is coming out today and i just realized it's 5:39, I thought it was like 2 or something so my mom said she would take me to get it but the day isn't getting any shorter.

ho-ra-ti-ooooo....when is your conspiratorial library going to get their act together!?!?!?!?!?!

After we rodents go in and gnaw at the bindings of all their books.

go and conquer!!!!!

(actually on second thought i dont want any books to be damaged....)

ho-ra-ti-ooooo....when is your conspiratorial library going to get their act together!?!?!?!?!?!

go and conquer!!!!!

The new story is that they order their books after the sale this month and get them in September for school.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah... right. :lol:

I'm finally getting that book i wanted today!! I was supposed to get it2 days ago but I hope my mom doesn't forget I will be extremely mad if she does. So, what's new?

go and conquer!!!!!

The new story is that they order their books after the sale this month and get them in September for school.

september...that's when the dvd of elton's 60th birthday concert comes out! there's a countdown timer on his website....let me go check it...... 48 days 20 hours 17 minutes 51 seconds....it comes out on 25 sept. in the US, 24 in the UK.....why do they get everything first? the concert was here! oh well it's only one day...

• 4 weeks later...

go and conquer!!!!!

september...that's when the dvd of elton's 60th birthday concert comes out! there's a countdown timer on his website....let me go check it...... 48 days 20 hours 17 minutes 51 seconds....it comes out on 25 sept. in the US, 24 in the UK.....why do they get everything first? the concert was here! oh well it's only one day...

the date got moved to oct. 2 in the US... <_< :closedeyes: <_<

but anyway that wasn't what i was going to talk about...

finally finished the two assigned summer reading books for school..."the secret life of bees" (sue monk kidd) and "the Last Ugly Person"(roger b. thomas) has anyone read them? just wondering.....

go and conquer!!!!!

the date got moved to oct. 2 in the US... <_ :closedeyes:>

finally finished the two assigned summer reading books for school..."the secret life of bees" (sue monk kidd) and "the Last Ugly Person"(roger b. thomas) has anyone read them? just wondering.....

The Secret Life of Bees sounds like one of the books I should add to my reading list... seeing as how I put my front paws directly into a bee's hive.

And yes, that hurt a whole lot!!!!!!!!

go and conquer!!!!!

the date got moved to oct. 2 in the US... <_< :closedeyes: <_<

The Secret Life of Bees sounds like one of the books I should add to my reading list... seeing as how I put my front paws directly into a bee's hive.

owowowowowowowowow i dont even want to think about that! :o:(:o

go and conquer!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah... right. LOL

the date got moved to oct. 2 in the US... <_ :closedeyes:>

owowowowowowowowow i dont even want to think about that! :o:(:o

I am certain my blonde fur has something to do with lack of brain cells. :lol:

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

Title-Disinformation

Type-Series

Author-various

Description-

Have you ever stopped to think that what you think you know is not true? Did your sex ed class leave you feeling pretty much clueless? What about advertising?

This phenomenal books take you on a very long trip to the underground, unveiling what's true and what isn't. A must-read for all cool people.

Titles:

-Sticker Nation (Th big book of subversive stickers Volume One)

-You are being Lied to

-Everything you know is wrong

-Abuse Your Illusions

-Everything you know about sex is wrong

-Everything you know about God is wrong

-50 things you shouldn't know

-Book of lists

-Underground!

-Generation Hex

-Uner The Influence

-The Little Food Book

-50 Facts that could change the world

-Book Of Lies

-Turn Off Your Mind

DVD's, too!

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

book I'm currently reading:

Science :lol: I have like 50 million kagillion problems to do that I'm going to put off till tomoroww sense I'm going over to livvie's today

I'm reading the questiond i have to do.

Mouse Guard

Fall 1152

By David Petersen

A beautifully illustrated book about the struggles and challenges of mice as they try and live

and prosper. The Mouse Guard was formed and this book is about three of the Guard's

finest, Kenzie, Lieam and Saxon.

This book is the first in a series of six. I give it a five hamster rating!!!!!!!!

You must read this wonderful book.

book I'm currently reading:

Science :lol: I have like 50 million kagillion problems to do that I'm going to put off till tomoroww sense I'm going over to livvie's today

I'm reading the questiond i have to do.

what science are u taking? im starting chem this year.

• 3 weeks later...
hey horatio-

did the EJ biography ever come in? and if u cant get that one (by philip norman) try getting "his song" by elizabeth j. rosenthal. both very good books!

~Liz

I haven't asked. I have been running in circles in my wheel, so I started reading other books. I will ask for those you suggested. Perhaps I will be lucky.

*crosses paws*

hey horatio-

did the EJ biography ever come in? and if u cant get that one (by philip norman) try getting "his song" by elizabeth j. rosenthal. both very good books!

~Liz

I haven't asked. I have been running in circles in my wheel, so I started reading other books. I will ask for those you suggested. Perhaps I will be lucky.

*crosses paws*

hopefully! never give up!

~Liz

Mouse Guard

Fall 1152

By David Petersen

A beautifully illustrated book about the struggles and challenges of mice as they try and live

and prosper. The Mouse Guard was formed and this book is about three of the Guard's

This book is the first in a series of six. I give it a five hamster rating!!!!!!!!

Has anyone read this??????

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Mouse Guard

Fall 1152

By David Petersen

i haven't

Mouse Guard

Fall 1152

By David Petersen

i haven't

Please do.

Mouse Guard

Fall 1152

By David Petersen

i haven't

Please do.

approximately what age level?

Mouse Guard

Fall 1152

By David Petersen

i haven't

Please do.

approximately what age level?

You will read it in 15 minutes as it is for young people. But it is a great story and the graphics are wonderful.

After I read it, I went and bought the book. There will be six and I hope to buy them all.

• 1 month later...

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

America Dreaming: How Youth Changed America in the 60's

Description: Need I say more? Women's rights and Minority rights are seperated into chapters. Not enough hippies, though. God knows what kind of rating it could have gotten otherwise.

Read it anyway. >(

Rating: ****

*!~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

Ummmmm sorry if I mentioned it somewhere else but there is a new Elton bio called "Elton The Biography" by David Buckley. i'm reading it for the second time, its good.

~Liz

:lol: Perhaps you might be a little bit biased? :lol:

Who, me!?!?

LOL :lol:

~Liz

Ummmmm sorry if I mentioned it somewhere else but there is a new Elton bio called "Elton The Biography" by David Buckley. i'm reading it for the second time, its good.

~Liz

:lol: Perhaps you might be a little bit biased? :lol:

Who, me!?!?

LOL :lol:

~Liz

LOL Oh no, not you. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Books I have read recently:

The New Policeman by Kate Thompson

Pretty Things by Sarra Manning

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin (for the second time)

and im reading The Last Days by Scott Westerfeld (sequel to Peeps)

believe it or not, i do read things other than elton bios!

these books reccommended for people around my age (15)

~Liz

~Liz

I like murder mysteries and true crime! :blink:

~Liz

Scott Westerfeld is the man.

*~*the Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

Has anyone else besides me read stephen colbert's book I Am America (And So Can You!)? It's a good read, very funny.

Also, The Dalai Lama is a great author.

A new series I have been reading is The Pop Culture And Philosiphy Series, I am current;y reading Pink Floyd and want to read The Beatles next. There's also a Zelda one coming out next year I want to read.

I asked for a lot of books for Christmas.

Has anyone else besides me read stephen colbert's book I Am America (And So Can You!)? It's a good read, very funny.

A new series I have been reading is The Pop Culture And Philosiphy Series, I am current;y reading Pink Floyd and want to read The Beatles next. There's also a Zelda one coming out next year I want to read.

which beatles book do u want to read? I read Shout by philip norman

~Liz

~Liz

The Beatles and Philosiphy

~Liz

The Beatles and Philosiphy

oh, ok.

~Liz

• 9 months later...

EVERY GIRL EVER NEEDS TO READ THE ENTIRE PRIVATE BOOK SERIES!

I think there is like 8 of them now.. i think.

but i was talking to this girl yesterday and she had the new one and i was like OMIGODNOWAY because Barnes and Noble is dumb and doesn't have it yet for some reason

anyway, about half of my english class mauled me this morning asking if they could have it when i was done

there is now a written list of people who get it next hahaha

point being

BEST.

BOOKS.

EVER.

EVER!

People who HATE to read love these books! My entire grade was getting demerits last year for reading in class, and let me tell ya: people who hated reading were getting detentions because they were all getting demerits from reading the books during announcements and such.

SO GO READ THEM!

but i was talking to this girl yesterday and she had the new one and i was like OMIGODNOWAY because Barnes and Noble is dumb and doesn't have it yet for some reason

anyway, about half of my english class mauled me this morning asking if they could have it when i was done

point being

BEST.

BOOKS.

EVER.

EVER!

People who HATE to read love these books! My entire grade was getting demerits last year for reading in class, and let me tell ya: people who hated reading were getting detentions because they were all getting demerits from reading the books during announcements and such.

SO GO READ THEM!

Who's the author?

point being

BEST.

BOOKS.

EVER.

EVER!

SO GO READ THEM!

Please tell me it's not another Gossip Girl/Clique type series. :wacko:

Those kind of books annoy me.

~Liz

Books I have read or am reading or will read in the near vicinity of now:

Twilight by stephenie meyer (again)

Lennon by Ray Coleman (again)

Nick & Norah's infinite playlist by rachel cohn and david levithan (because the movie's coming out...)(and because david levithan is amazing)

The Diamond of darkhold by jeanne duprau (sequel to "the city of ember")

Found by margaret peterson haddix (because I've read almost everything she's written)

think that's about it...but yeah.

So many books, so little time!! :P

~Liz

Nick & Norah's infinite playlist by rachel cohn and david levithan (because the movie's coming out...)(and because david levithan is amazing)

Found by margaret peterson haddix (because I've read almost everything she's written)

~Liz

I applaud you for being such an incredible reader!

~Liz

Yeah...I've finished Nick&Norah, The Diamond of Darkhold, and Found. Margaret Peterson Haddix is such a great author, her books really draw you in. I started reading Found at dinner, and didn't stop until I fninished it. Then I had to finish homework, and I was like, "How did it get to be this time?" :blink: LOL

But of course it has a cliffhanger ending, and the next book prob. won't come out for a while, because this one just came out. :glare: Oh well.

~Liz

~Liz

Yeah...I've finished Nick&Norah, The Diamond of Darkhold, and Found. Margaret Peterson Haddix is such a great author, her books really draw you in. I started reading Found at dinner, and didn't stop until I fninished it. Then I had to finish homework, and I was like, "How did it get to be this time?" :blink: LOL

But of course it has a cliffhanger ending, and the next book prob. won't come out for a while, because this one just came out. :glare: Oh well.

~Liz

The book that came out prior to Silence of the Lambs was one such book. Although many people did not read Red Dragon, I must say I thought this book was the best. Never before have I had a book give me such a shocking line, where I audibly gasped, my heart-rate rose and all my fur stood on end.

• 1 month later...

Horatio, you have just found my weak spot. the Hannibal Lecter books and films are my all-time favourites. I read the books with awe and could not put them down for anything. And the films... wow, Anthony Hopkins is a god at acting. I love the plot, the characters, the intensity of it all.

Alright, finished reading two books lately. I shall review them here.

Title: I Am a Strange Loop

Author: Douglas Hofstadner

Genre: Nonfiction/Science/Neurology/Philosiphy

Summary-The author begins by asking us the most difficult question in the history of history: What am I? He describes the "I" as being "The Self", as most would put it. Thus begins a bizarre and thought-provoking epic quest to try and discover, What am I? Douglas presents The Strange Loop. The Strange Loop is an analogy he uses to describe The Self. He uses more metaphors then you or your grandmother can handle to help describe The Strange Loop and The Self, and the reader might just begin to think of his or her own answers to the question, What Am I?

Rating: :D :D :D :D :D

Comments: This is the greatest book ever written

Title: The Emotion Machine

Author: Marvin Minsky

Genre: Nonfiction/Science/Neurology

Summary-The author delves into the Brain and The Emotions that pretty much control our lives. He claims that to understand The Self, you must first understand Emotions, Resourcefulness, and most importantly, Common Sense. With lively diagrams and examples, the author presents a very easy-to-understand book that most anyone can enjoy, except really stupid people.

Rating: :D :D :D :D

They're both pretty good, but I'll have to bust your kneecaps if you don't read the first one.

Horatio, you have just found my weak spot. the Hannibal Lecter books and films are my all-time favourites. I read the books with awe and could not put them down for anything. And the films... wow, Anthony Hopkins is a god at acting. I love the plot, the characters, the intensity of it all.

When you read Red Dragon... what was your reaction at the one scene near the end?

This is the very first time in my life when I actually gasped rather loudly! :o

It was such a shock! The author's technique was unbelieveable.

Alright, finished reading two books lately. I shall review them here.

Title: I Am a Strange Loop

Author: Douglas Hofstadner

Genre: Nonfiction/Science/Neurology/Philosiphy

Summary-The author begins by asking us the most difficult question in the history of history: What am I? He describes the "I" as being "The Self", as most would put it. Thus begins a bizarre and thought-provoking epic quest to try and discover, What am I? Douglas presents The Strange Loop. The Strange Loop is an analogy he uses to describe The Self. He uses more metaphors then you or your grandmother can handle to help describe The Strange Loop and The Self, and the reader might just begin to think of his or her own answers to the question, What Am I?

Rating: :D :D :D :D :D

Comments: This is the greatest book ever written

Title: The Emotion Machine

Author: Marvin Minsky

Genre: Nonfiction/Science/Neurology

Summary-The author delves into the Brain and The Emotions that pretty much control our lives. He claims that to understand The Self, you must first understand Emotions, Resourcefulness, and most importantly, Common Sense. With lively diagrams and examples, the author presents a very easy-to-understand book that most anyone can enjoy, except really stupid people.

Rating: :D :D :D :D

They're both pretty good, but I'll have to bust your kneecaps if you don't read the first one.

Glad to see you like reading nonfiction/science/neurology type books.

Thank you so much for the book reviews! :D

I need a new book to read, I believe I will see if the library has either one of these.

When you read Red Dragon... what was your reaction at the one scene near the end?

Do you mean the scene where

Will Graham is attacked by Dolarhyde and essentially made mincemeat out of

or the scene where

Dolarhyde sets fire to the house with Reba in

? I find Hannibal was much more exciting in terms of dramatic scenes. Thomas Harris is my favourite author, his characters are so deep and detailed.

or the scene where

? I find Hannibal was much more exciting in terms of dramatic scenes. Thomas Harris is my favourite author, his characters are so deep and detailed.

Neither... the scene where

everyone thought he was dead/gone (can't remember now which) and he pops back up full of life!

Now I will have to re-read the book. :)

or the scene where

Neither... the scene where

everyone thought he was dead/gone (can't remember now which) and he pops back up full of life!

Now I will have to re-read the book. :)

Oh yes, I think I remember. I wanted to leave a gap between when I read it last time and the next time so I don't over-read the book but I have my copy here with me so I might just re-read it myself. But I'm far more partial to its sequels, especially The Silence.

Why did you post the same thing twice? :huh:

Because when I went to edit it, it disappeared, or so I thought, so I re-wrote the post and never looked above my new post as I was certain it was gone.

Besides... what do you expect from a blonde male hamster??????

Because when I went to edit it, it disappeared, or so I thought, so I re-wrote the post and never looked above my new post as I was certain it was gone.

Silly! I see you haven't deleted your shame yet. I think the scene you're talking about is from Silence, actually,

when Hannibal pops up in the ambulance, alive and well

, or am I wrong again?

Is that a sarky sexist remark, dear Horatio? :P:lol:

Silly! I see you haven't deleted your shame yet. I think the scene you're talking about is from Silence, actually,

, or am I wrong again?

Now I must be confused. Let me read the book again, or at least the last couple chapters, it was not

the ambulence scene

. But senile hamsters always get all their stories mixed up.

Sarky sexist remark.....

:rolleyes:

would I do that? LOL

, or am I wrong again?

Now I must be confused. Let me read the book again, or at least the last couple chapters, it was not

the ambulence scene

Sarky sexist remark.....

would I do that? LOL

There might be that scene there, but I'm pretty sure this "popping up" scene is from Silence. Have you read all the Lecter books (LE-cter ;))?

Maybe. :P I wouldn't put it past you.

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah...continuation of what I was talking about in Glowurm's Mr. Beal thread...

Our current book club book is "Three cups of tea" by Greg Mortensen and David Oliver Relin, nonfiction, about this man (Mortensen) who tries to climb the mountain K2, but ends up not making it to the top, and then ends up in this village called Korphe and decides to build a school for the girls there...and then he ends up building more schools and doing good things. Usually I don't read nonfiction unless it's an Elton or John Lennon bio, but this was a good read.

One of the books we read over the summer was Twilight...(I had read it before) and we're going on a book club field trip on tuesday to see the movie (although i saw it myself this past friday. I enjoyed it. :D Although I wasn't one of the girls who screamed with passion every time Edward came on screen. :P )

~Liz

, or am I wrong again?

the ambulence scene

Sarky sexist remark.....

would I do that? LOL

There might be that scene there, but I'm pretty sure this "popping up" scene is from Silence. Have you read all the Lecter books (LE-cter ;))?

Perhaps. Is there a new one out? Something that I have missed????

, or am I wrong again?

the ambulence scene

Sarky sexist remark.....

would I do that? LOL

The books, in order ot publish dates:

• Red Dragon
  • The Silence of the Lambs
  • Hannibal
  • Hannibal Rising

... with The Silence being my favourite. I read all existing books in the summer of 2006 and had to wait for the next book to come out and it was agony! But not as much agony as the wait I now have to endure as it takes around 9 years for THomas Harris to complete one book...

, or am I wrong again?

the ambulence scene

Sarky sexist remark.....

would I do that? LOL

• Red Dragon
  • Hannibal
  • Hannibal Rising

... with The Silence being my favourite. I read all existing books in the summer of 2006 and had to wait for the next book to come out and it was agony! But not as much agony as the wait I now have to endure as it takes around 9 years for THomas Harris to complete one book...

You guessed correctly. I have read them all. Red Dragon is my favourite. I would rather have him take a long time to write a book then do like some of these other guys and pump out books that all seem the same. I stopped reading a couple authors because when I started the book, I already knew how it was going to progress.

I'm sorry, but I hate Twilight with a bloody passion.

must...not...rant...

I've only seen the movie twice so far...LOL

But I'm not an obsessed fangirl. That side of me is reserved solely for Elton (& John Lennon)

~Liz

, or am I wrong again?

the ambulence scene

Sarky sexist remark.....

would I do that? LOL

• Red Dragon
  • Hannibal
  • Hannibal Rising

You guessed correctly. I have read them all. Red Dragon is my favourite. I would rather have him take a long time to write a book then do like some of these other guys and pump out books that all seem the same. I stopped reading a couple authors because when I started the book, I already knew how it was going to progress.

I find Red Dragon to be the most boring, maybe because I'm a fan of Starling. He sure does put lots of research in but I feel sorry for his fans that have been with him since the early eighties! I'm a great fan of the films as well and even made a friend in Australia who loves the books as much as I. So cannibals really do bring people together! :P

Why did you post the same thing twice?

, or am I wrong again?

Is that a sarky sexist remark, dear Horatio? LOL

the ambulence scene

Sarky sexist remark.....

would I do that? LOL

• Red Dragon
  • Hannibal
  • Hannibal Rising

I find Red Dragon to be the most boring, maybe because I'm a fan of Starling. He sure does put lots of research in but I feel sorry for his fans that have been with him since the early eighties! I'm a great fan of the films as well and even made a friend in Australia who loves the books as much as I. So cannibals really do bring people together!

You eat other eagles?

:o:o:o

Eagles taste awful. I prefer falcons. Stupid falcons, think they're the boss of everything. <_<

Eagles taste awful. I prefer falcons. Stupid falcons, think they're the boss of everything. <_<

So where are hawks in the pecking order? Do hawks taste good?

Hawks are better than falcons and falcons are better than kestrels, who are better than kites, who are better than harriers.. Ospreys are near the bottom because they only eat fish and are therefore inferor. Vultres are right at the bottom because they don't even hunt, the lazy toads! And there are even more birds of prey that I have left out. And I base this list on absolutely nothing but my own preferences. :lol:

Eagles taste awful. I prefer falcons. Stupid falcons, think they're the boss of everything. <_>

So where are hawks in the pecking order? Do hawks taste good?

Hawks are better than falcons and falcons are better than kestrels, who are better than kites, who are better than harriers.. Ospreys are near the bottom because they only eat fish and are therefore inferor. Vultres are right at the bottom because they don't even hunt, the lazy toads! And there are even more birds of prey that I have left out. And I base this list on absolutely nothing but my own preferences. :lol:

Ospreys... on my list they are right up there next to Eagles. That is because we have an osprey next in our yard. The great horned owl is a most wonderful bird, but they push the osprey out of a nest and will then become the squatter for a year. Normally ospreys will keep their nests for about ten years, kicking the kids out when they get old enough. One year I found an osprey nest that had been blown off the top of a telephone pole and did it smell awful... rotten fish. How could they stand the smell??? :o

I once found a bird that wouldn't fly away when I approached it, it just hopped away. So I ate it.

I once found a bird that wouldn't fly away when I approached it, it just hopped away. So I ate it.

*screaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmssssssssssssss nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooo*

You ate a poor little defenseless little bird who couldn't fly???????

*falls over again in shock*

*screaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmssssssssssssss nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooo*

Survival of the fittest. ;)

AAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*is speechless*

*is speechless*

That's nature for you: cold, heartless, brutal and competative. If I didn't sniper down those falcons that I can see way over on the other side of the valley I'd be all out of biscuits!

*is speechless*

That's nature for you: cold, heartless, brutal and competative. If I didn't sniper down those falcons that I can see way over on the other side of the valley I'd be all out of biscuits!

None of this "that's nature for you" nonsense. Eagles need to start being vegetarians.

*is speechless*

None of this "that's nature for you" nonsense. Eagles need to start being vegetarians.

*gasp*

NNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha... I pwn this thread.

*is speechless*

*gasp*

NNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha... I pwn this thread.

Oooooo - kay. I guess you made that pretty plain. :lol:

*starts making costumes where all the rodentia population look like heads of lettuce, brussel sprouts and other vegetables*

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see...what have I been reading recently?

John Lennon: The Life by Philip Norman.

Excellent, excellent book. Very amazing and lovely and informative and comforting to carry around. :P

John by Cynthia Lennon

(his first wife for those who don't know)

Very happy and fun to read for the first half. Then he met Yoko and the book wasn't as fun. And at the end, she says that if she had her life to live over again, she wouldn't have gotten together with John. Which upset me.

The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer

For the second time...Twilight & New Moon a month or so ago, Eclipse & Breaking Dawn more recently. Still enjoyable!

Elton John by Philip Norman

For the sixth time...it was the first Elton bio I read, and after I read the new John book by PN, I decided to read it again.

The Man Who Made The Beatles: An Intimate Biography of Brian Epstein by Ray Coleman

(Brian was the Beatles' manager for those who don't know)

Still in the middle of this...enjoying it so far!

So yeah.... :rolleyes: Lots of biographies for a girl who generally reads fiction. But it's the people I love.

~Liz

Excellent, excellent book. Very amazing and lovely and informative and comforting to carry around. :P

John by Cynthia Lennon

Very happy and fun to read for the first half. Then he met Yoko and the book wasn't as fun. And at the end, she says that if she had her life to live over again, she wouldn't have gotten together with John. Which upset me.

For the second time...Twilight & New Moon a month or so ago, Eclipse & Breaking Dawn more recently. Still enjoyable!

For the sixth time...it was the first Elton bio I read, and after I read the new John book by PN, I decided to read it again.

The Man Who Made The Beatles: An Intimate Biography of Brian Epstein by Ray Coleman

So yeah.... :rolleyes: Lots of biographies for a girl who generally reads fiction. But it's the people I love.

~Liz

Are there any Elton John books you have not read? :lol:

And I see you now have an iPod with 472 Elton John songs... whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa is that a lot of songs by one person!!!!!!! :o

John by Cynthia Lennon

~Liz

And I see you now have an iPod with 472 Elton John songs... whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa is that a lot of songs by one person!!!!!!! :o

EJ books? I'm sure there are. Just can't think of any off the top of my head...LOL

Yes...I'm not sure what the last time I updated that number was. It may have changed...but my iPod is upstairs. :rolleyes: He is pretty prolific!

~Liz

John by Cynthia Lennon

~Liz

EJ books? I'm sure there are. Just can't think of any off the top of my head...LOL

Yes...I'm not sure what the last time I updated that number was. It may have changed...but my iPod is upstairs. :rolleyes: He is pretty prolific!

~Liz

But do you have every Elton song on there? 'Cause I'm working on getting every Pink Floyd song on mine...I have every Fleet Foxes song except English Houses. I also have every l33tstr33t boys song, not difficult since they only have four songs. XD

John by Cynthia Lennon

~Liz

~Liz

But do you have every Elton song on there? 'Cause I'm working on getting every Pink Floyd song on mine...I have every Fleet Foxes song except English Houses. I also have every l33tstr33t boys song, not difficult since they only have four songs. XD

Not quite every song...there's a few albums I only have on vinyl (and I do have an lp > mp3 converter but it's so time consuming that it just sits in my closet. :rolleyes: ) And there are bootlegs & b-sides that I don't have.

~Liz

John by Cynthia Lennon

~Liz

~Liz

Not quite every song...there's a few albums I only have on vinyl (and I do have an lp > mp3 converter but it's so time consuming that it just sits in my closet. :rolleyes: ) And there are bootlegs & b-sides that I don't have.

~Liz

i want an lp > mp3 converter...

John by Cynthia Lennon

~Liz

~Liz

~Liz

i want an lp > mp3 converter...

When I got it last year for Christmas, I was like OMG this is so amazing! And I converted like...ummm...1 and a half albums? It took a while. And I really don't have a lot of time in my life. And I couldn't use it to just play lps because I needed a preamp or something. So when my mom was cleaning out the attic one day and found her turntable and receiver and speakers, I put that where the converter was and put the converter in the closet. Where it's been ever since. -_-

~Liz

• 1 month later...

I finished two books recently, so here I'll post my reviews of them, a list of books I'm still reading, and books I will soon read.

Title-Schroedinger's Cat Trilogy

Type-Series, Sci-Fi/Philosophy/I can't believe it's not drug induced

Books in this series-The Universe Next Door, The Trick Top Hat, The Homing Pigeons

Author-Robert Anton Wilson

Rating: R for secks and raunchy language.

Story: The story (or stories) of this series is so complicated, I doubt I can write a short review, but I'll try.

In the future America called Unistat, there lives such characters as Benny "Eggs" benedict, Justin Case, Carol Christmas, Simon Moon, The Mad Fishmonger, the Invisible Hand Society, and the terrorist organization "POE". In these three books, you follow the adventures of them (and more) (No, seriously, there's a LOT of characters) as they go about in their strange lives as the all try to figure out what is really going on as things get stranger and stranger in their world.

Comments: To be perfectly honest, I don't know what to think. The book was great, very well written and very funny at times; but coming from someone who studies philosophy, psychology, and the paranormal daily, I often had no idea what was going on in the book; though that didn't make it any elss enjoyable, in fact it made it more enjoyable to read.

Rating: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: 1/2

Title-Physics of the Impossible

Author-Michio Kaku

Type-Science Nonfiction

Rating: G

Plot: In this wonderful book, the author takes a look at things that for the time being exist only in Sci-Fi stories, including time travel, alternate universes, ALIEEEEEENS!!!!, Death Stars, and more-with plenty of references to Star Trek and other Sci-Fi stories.

Comments: Go read this book.

Rating: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Books I'm still reading:

The I-Ching

Oliver Twist-Charles Dickens

Darwinism and it's Discontents- Michael Ruse

How Mathematicians Think-Williams Byers

The Stuff of Thought-Steven Pinker

Books on my Too-read list:

The complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft (: D)

A Brief History of Time-Stephen Hawking

The Hobbit-JRR Tolkien (Haven't read it since third grade...)

The Lord of The Rings Trilogy-JRR Tolkien (again, haven't read in a long time)

The Harry Potter books-JK Rowling. (I'll re-read the first four, and then finally finish the series like I've been meaning too.)

Title-Physics of the Impossible

Author-Michio Kaku

Type-Science Nonfiction

Rating: G

Plot: In this wonderful book, the author takes a look at things that for the time being exist only in Sci-Fi stories, including time travel, alternate universes, ALIEEEEEENS!!!!, Death Stars, and more-with plenty of references to Star Trek and other Sci-Fi stories.

Comments: Go read this book.

Rating: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Books I'm still reading:

The I-Ching

Oliver Twist-Charles Dickens

Darwinism and it's Discontents- Michael Ruse

How Mathematicians Think-Williams Byers

The Stuff of Thought-Steven Pinker

The I-Ching I have enjoyed and read several times.

How Mathematicians Think and Physics of the Impossible will be added to my list.

Let me know what you think of The Stuff of Thought.

Thanks Mushroom_king!!!

Ooooh,,, speaking of books, I met Augusten Burroughs,the author of Running With Scissors, which our school book club is currently reading. Picture:

post-1940-1234933528_thumb.jpg

(pssst, Horatio, I'm wearing my new scarf in this pic.)

And I got a math team question signed by him. :rolleyes: Because it was the best thing I could find in my purse to get signed.

~Liz

Ooooh,,, speaking of books, I met Augusten Burroughs,the author of Running With Scissors, which our school book club is currently reading. Picture:

DSCN7838a.JPG

And I got a math team question signed by him. :rolleyes: Because it was the best thing I could find in my purse to get signed.

~Liz

:lol: I clicked on the picture without reading and noticed the scarf immediately!!! Sweet!!!!!

I also noticed what a beautiful colour your hair is!

Did he answer the math question for you? :D He should have answered it and THEN signed it underneath. :lol:

post-1940-1234933528_thumb.jpg

~Liz

:lol: I clicked on the picture without reading and noticed the scarf immediately!!! Sweet!!!!!

I also noticed what a beautiful colour your hair is!

Did he answer the math question for you? :D He should have answered it and THEN signed it underneath. :lol:

Thanks! ^_^

No, when he saw the math question, he was like "Why would you do math? You can just ask someone else." :lol:

~Liz

More books on my too-read list:

HG Well's The Invisible Man

HG Well's War of The Worlds (again!)

The Sherlock Holmes books

Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Watchmen

Are we allowed to review comics? There's a couple mangas I wanna review.

Awight everypeoples. I just got back from my favorite building in the whole wide world, aka the bookstore. This time it was Barne's and Noble's.

I was there for about 4-5 hours (this is a very common thing to happen). I read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, started reading Darwin's Origin of Species, continued reading Bram Stoker's Dracula, and purchased The Complete Sherlock Holmes Volume 1.

I was going to buy Dracula too, but I decided it would be more fun to get a vintage copy of the book, since me and my mom will be going to a used bookstore one of these days to sell our old books. I also plan to buy "The Complete Works of Oscar Wilde" one of these days.

Barne's and Noble's Classic Collection ftw.

Awight everypeoples. I just got back from my favorite building in the whole wide world, aka the bookstore. This time it was Barne's and Noble's.

I was there for about 4-5 hours (this is a very common thing to happen). I read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, started reading Darwin's Origin of Species, continued reading Bram Stoker's Dracula, and purchased The Complete Sherlock Holmes Volume 1.

I was going to buy Dracula too, but I decided it would be more fun to get a vintage copy of the book, since me and my mom will be going to a used bookstore one of these days to sell our old books. I also plan to buy "The Complete Works of Oscar Wilde" one of these days.

We're reading Frankenstein for school...I just got up to Ch. 10 today (when the narration switches from Frankenstein to the creature.)

~Liz

We're reading Frankenstein for school...I just got up to Ch. 10 today (when the narration switches from Frankenstein to the creature.)

~Liz

Oscar Wilde will be a wonderful read!!!!!

Look through your books before you go to sell them at the used book store and make sure there are no first editions. Those I would hold on to and put in your library.

You will never get enough from the used book seller for them.

• 1 month later...

Book Update timez now!

I recently read Coraline and The Invention of Hugo Cabret. Coraline was good but too short.

The Invention of Hugo Cabret, however, is about a movie-going thieving clock-keeping machine-obsessed orphan living in the 1930's Paris. I am convinced it is the greatest book ever written.

Also read Animal Farm (in one day no less). That ending always gets me.

Anyway, currently reading list:

-The Lord of The Flies Is that the one with the evil ring and the hobbits?

-Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

-Dracula

-Walter Isaacson's Biography of Einstein

-Complete works of Oscar Wilde

-Complete works of Edgar Allen Poe

-Complete Sherlock Holmes Volume 1

-Darwinism & Its Discontents

-The Stuff of Thought

-The I Ching

-Oliver Twist

-How Mathematicians Think

-The Hobbit (albeit not as much as the others-The other books belong to me and are next to my bed but The Hobbit, as well as the LOTR Trilogy, belong to mom and are on the Living Room shelf. She would probably be mad if I took the books because they are special editions with leather and nice boxes and everything, so no taking it to school or on trips.)

TO READ LIST:

-The Graveyard Book (NEIL GAIMAN FTW. Seriously.)

-Watership Down (I've seen the movie, and trust me: A cartoon about rabbits can indeed be very not kid-friendly.)

-David Copperfeel (More like, David CopAFeel amirite)

-Zelda and Philosophy (Where's Mario and Philosophy?)

-The Call of Cthulu (Metallica GETS MY NAME WRONG)

-Journey to The Center of the Earth

-The Mysterious Island (oooo!)

-Sherlock Holmes Volume 2

-Watchmen (Yea I haven't read it yet, cut me some slack!)

Book Update timez now!

I recently read Coraline and The Invention of Hugo Cabret. Coraline was good but too short.

The Invention of Hugo Cabret, however, is about a movie-going thieving clock-keeping machine-obsessed orphan living in the 1930's Paris. I am convinced it is the greatest book ever written.

Also read Animal Farm (in one day no less). That ending always gets me.

Anyway, currently reading list:

-The Lord of The Flies Is that the one with the evil ring and the hobbits?

-Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

-Dracula

-Walter Isaacson's Biography of Einstein

-Complete works of Oscar Wilde

-Complete works of Edgar Allen Poe

-Complete Sherlock Holmes Volume 1

-Darwinism & Its Discontents

-The Stuff of Thought

-The I Ching

-Oliver Twist

-How Mathematicians Think

-The Hobbit (albeit not as much as the others-The other books belong to me and are next to my bed but The Hobbit, as well as the LOTR Trilogy, belong to mom and are on the Living Room shelf. She would probably be mad if I took the books because they are special editions with leather and nice boxes and everything, so no taking it to school or on trips.)

TO READ LIST:

-The Graveyard Book (NEIL GAIMAN FTW. Seriously.)

-Watership Down (I've seen the movie, and trust me: A cartoon about rabbits can indeed be very not kid-friendly.)

-David Copperfeel (More like, David CopAFeel amirite)

-Zelda and Philosophy (Where's Mario and Philosophy?)

-The Call of Cthulu (Metallica GETS MY NAME WRONG)

-Journey to The Center of the Earth

-The Mysterious Island (oooo!)

-Sherlock Holmes Volume 2

-Watchmen (Yea I haven't read it yet, cut me some slack!)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret sounds great! I will have to add it to my reading list.

Thanks!!!

You have a wonderful list.

Definitely don't mess up the special edition books, get the copy out of the library. :)

Lord of The Flies is the single most disturbing book I've ever read in my whole life.

Gaaaah, I still can't get over the fact that everything that happened could have been avoided, too, had the fire they had not gone out that one time.

Ugggh. Even reading Orwell doesn't have this effect on me. Animal Farm was awesome, and 1984 is good, but not disturbing. 1984 is creepy, but doesn't qualify as Nightmare Fuel for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently reading the Hobbit (for book club) and I'm also in the middle of Fellowship. Double the Tolkein.

Also reading John Lennon: The Life for the second time. And I'm in the middle of Beatles Anthology. (More near the beginning than the middle...such a huge book)

A little bit ago: The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. A bit young for me but quite interesting and fun.

And a bunch of other things recently that I don't feel like going to the trouble to list. :rolleyes:

~Liz

• 2 weeks later...

-Tourette's Guy voice- UPDATE!

Alright, so I finally just said "Screw it" and read a Stephen King novel for the first time. I didn't get scared, so now I'm addicted to him. I read The Shining and Pet Sematary already. The Shining kicked awesome, Pet Sematary was just OK, too sad for my tastes.

I also finished Darwinism & Its Discontents, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, Dracula, Animal Farm, 1984, Oliver Twist, and the first two books in The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide and The Restaurant at The End of The Universe)

CURRENTLY READING:

Misery-Stephen King

Watership Down-Richard Adams

Life, The Universe, and Everything-Douglas Adams (Third Hitchhiker's Book)

Bleak House-Charles Dickens

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency-Douglas Adams

Mark Twain Short Stories (The Mysterious Stranger <3)

David Copperfield-Charles Dickens

Edgar Allen Poe (Complete Works)

Oscar Wilde (Complete Works)

The Complete Sherlock Holmes Volume 1

The Stuff of Thought

The I Ching

How Mathematicians Think

Einstein-Walter Isaacson (Really need to finish...)

The Hobbit-JRR Tolkien

The Mysterious Island-Jules Verne

Books I have on standby (Books I own but can't read them either because I am reading too many books right now or because they are in a series):

Dolores Claiborne-Stephen King

Night Shift-Stephen King

So Long and Thanks for All The Fish-Douglas Adams

Mostly Harmless-Douglas Adams

Journey to The Center of The Earth-Jules Verne

Around the World in Eighty Days-Jules Verne

Books I am going to read but do not own yet:

A Clockwork Orange-Anthony Burgess

2001: A Space Odyssey-Arthur C. Clarke

The Dark Tower books-Stephen King

Nightmares & Dreamscapes-Stephen King

The Neverending Story-Michael Ende

Howl's Moving Castle-Diana Wynne Jones (I actually read about a quarter of it at the bookstore...)

A Brief History of Time-Stephen Hawking

The Graveyard Book-Neil Gaiman (Again, read about a quarter of it at the bookstore, very good so far because Neil Gaiman IS GOD)

And The Watchmen, which I did start reading but don't own yet. Rorshach owns all your souls.

And I forgot The Call of Cthulu and In The Mountains of Madness, both by HP Lovecraft, on my too-read list. I've gone to every used bookstore in town and can't find either of those two books. I may have to look on eBay.

And I forgot The Call of Cthulu and In The Mountains of Madness, both by HP Lovecraft, on my too-read list. I've gone to every used bookstore in town and can't find either of those two books. I may have to look on eBay.

Have you checked AbeBooks?

no

no

They specialize in all sorts of books, especially those that are hard to find.

Just finished "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult. It amuses me that I know more about the American legal system then I do about my own country's laws. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is neglected.

My Favorite Author Until I Feel Like Getting A New One: CHUCK PALAHNIUK!

He's amazing.

His books are insane.

He's best known for Fight Club, which I'm sure some of you have read or seen the movie, at least.

Actually, I'm supposed to be writing a term paper on him right now. Oops.

I'd recommend his books to anyone who doesn't have a weak stomach, enjoys being shocked, is intelligent, and has a healthy disregard for conformity.

Read up, kiddos!

This topic is neglected.

My Favorite Author Until I Feel Like Getting A New One: CHUCK PALAHNIUK!

He's amazing.

His books are insane.

He's best known for Fight Club, which I'm sure some of you have read or seen the movie, at least.

Actually, I'm supposed to be writing a term paper on him right now. Oops.

I'd recommend his books to anyone who doesn't have a weak stomach, enjoys being shocked, is intelligent, and has a healthy disregard for conformity.

Read up, kiddos!

Oh my!!! How did I miss you????????

I have finished reading Beatles Anthology in its entirety! :D

Other books: The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak (for my school's book club)

I'm in the middle of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (thanks Kat for letting me know it existed...)

~Liz

I'm reading yet another Jodi Picoult ("Perfect Match"). From reading all her books I know more about the American legal system than I do the UK's.

Moral: Read Jodi Picoult, it'll probably get you a law degree.

I'm reading yet another Jodi Picoult ("Perfect Match"). From reading all her books I know more about the American legal system than I do the UK's.

Moral: Read Jodi Picoult, it'll probably get you a law degree.

LOL... just what we need a country of all lawyers. :o

HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY: It's Monty Python if it was a sci-fi novel.

Total win. I've read it so many times that it's not funny anymore.