Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Book club

Eats shoots and leaves a zero tolerance approach to punctuation is a very interesting book about punctuation its history uses and misuses it is a very funny book and I highly recomend reading it if for no other reason than the details of several cases were punctuation was a matter of life or death you may never think about puctuation quite the same again it is a british book but the writer does make references to the differences in american english the title does happen to derive from that panda joke in case you were wondering it is expalined early on in the book

I give it a five of five

[sTET]

Eat Shoots and Leaves is a great book! Well, I've only read a few pages of it, but it was great. Kind of goes along the lines of what we've been complaining about here. "I cant speel corectly. Butt I doo not car abot grammer it diidnt git me newere neways"

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost any book I read, I like. Including Touching Spirit Bear. Toto probably doesn't like it because she was forced to read it, but I understood it thoroughly, and I found it quite interesting.

Almost any book I read, I like. Including Touching Spirit Bear. Toto probably doesn't like it because she was forced to read it, but I understood it thoroughly, and I found it quite interesting.

Please tell me about Touching Spirit Bear. Is this about the white bears (NOT Polar bears) whose home is only on one island in Canada?

Yeah.....some of the books I find interesting are the Salem Witch Trials.....

• 2 weeks later...
Eats shoots and leaves a zero tolerance approach to punctuation is a very interesting book about punctuation its history uses and misuses it is a very funny book and I highly recomend reading it if for no other reason than the details of several cases were punctuation was a matter of life or death you may never think about puctuation quite the same again it is a british book but the writer does make references to the differences in american english the title does happen to derive from that panda joke in case you were wondering it is expalined early on in the book

I give it a five of five

I have that book, but i havent read the whole thing...sorta skipped around...BTW if anyone doesnt know the panda joke it goes like this (straight from the back of the book):

A panda walks into a cafe. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.

"Why?" asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

"I'm a panda," he says, at the door. "Look it up."

The waiter turns to the relevant entry and, sure enough, finds and explanation.

"Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like animal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."

:D:P:D:P:D

I have that book, but i havent read the whole thing...sorta skipped around...BTW if anyone doesnt know the panda joke it goes like this (straight from the back of the book):

:D  :P  :D  :P  :D

Did anyone really know the power of the comma? :lol::lol::lol:

the power of the comma? well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it can take over my post! LOL

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

Did anyone really know the power of the comma?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Reminds me of a story my Ag teacher told me:

A man and woman were going vacationing in France or somewhere, but an important business meeting popped up. The man told his wife to go on and have fun and gave her the credit card. She bought a lot of nice things and was looking at a 10000 dollar ring when she thought she ought to ask her husband. Wait...I don't remember the rest! :lol:

The Outsiders:

Rating: 4.5

I personally love this book. It's too great. The battle of the Socs and Greasers. It's like the 1940's outlook on racial diversity now. Very good to read as a class, and look at everyone's different labels.

The Outsiders:

Rating: 4.5

I personally love this book. It's too great. The battle of the Socs and Greasers. It's like the 1940's outlook on racial diversity now. Very good to read as a class, and look at everyone's different labels.

Thanks Toto!!! :D

I read alot

Reading is fantastic! Would you please be our book review editor? This would keep new and improved book reviews in the Book Club.

me lovvve reading. its all i do. i love reading i would like to be the editor of this book club thing. pick me pick me

I read alot

Reading is fantastic! Would you please be our book review editor? This would keep new and improved book reviews in the Book Club.

me lovvve reading. its all i do. i love reading i would like to be the editor of this book club thing. pick me pick me

You are now the first official editor of the Book Club! Congratulations!!!

I read alot

May I be her assistant? :)

I read alot

Absolutely! Do you like to read? Do you like to make book reviews? :D

I read alot

I read when not on HD...which isn't a lot, but takes up most of my time. I like to make book reviews. :):D

I read alot

I read when not on HD...which isn't a lot, but takes up most of my time. I like to make book reviews. :):D

Wonderful! You will make a perfect assistant! :D

I read alot

ok now what do i do in my job?

I read alot

You, or your assistant, writes a book review. Title of book, author's name, a one (worst) to five (best) Hampster rating, then a short review of the book. If it is a great book, then we all want to know. If it is an awful book, we want to know that as well.

I read alot

You, or your assistant, writes a book review. Title of book, author's name, a one (worst) to five (best) Hampster rating, then a short review of the book. If it is a great book, then we all want to know. If it is an awful book, we want to know that as well.

ok.

story title: horatio's adventure

author:hoops_ahsirt

rating:5

review: an exellant story written by our very own hoops ahsirt. it is about horatio waking up one day and deciding he wants to explore the world. a great read for any age! :D;)

story title: puppies in the pantry

author:lucy daniels

rating:3

review: a great book about a famous dog that goes missing whilst the vet's daughter, mandy is looking after a jack russel. the jack russel is left alone sleeping in a pantry and they come back and she has four puppies. i used to read it when i was ten but still an exellent book. most enjoyable for children aged 8-12. a great book for all animal lovers

ok.

story title (HD writing): horatio's adventure

review: an exellant story written by our very own hoops ahsirt. it is about horatio waking up one day and deciding he wants to explore the world. a great read for any age!  :D  ;)

review: a great book about a famous dog that goes missing whilst the vet's daughter, mandy is looking after a jack russel. the jack russel is left alone sleeping in a pantry and they come back and she has four puppies. i used to read it when i was ten but still an exellent book. most enjoyable for children aged 8-12. a great book for all animal lovers

YA-A!

Well, I suppose I should do some. Here goes:

title:The True Confessions Of Charlotte Doyle

author:Avi

review: An awesome adventure about a girl who is a passenger of a ship, joins the crew, and is accused of murder. Eventually, she becomes captain of the ship. A good read for ages 10-110 and especially people who like suspence.

title(HD writing):a random story

author: top_banana

review:A cuul story about the board members written the ultra-talented top_banana. Currently the members are going to Scotland to save TB. Much humor and exaggeration. Much good for all ages, but most of all board members. :):D

Guest Skwerlhugger Will

ok.

review: an exellant story written by our very own hoops ahsirt. it is about horatio waking up one day and deciding he wants to explore the world. a great read for any age!  :D  ;)

YA-A!

review: An awesome adventure about a girl who is a passenger of a ship, joins the crew, and is accused of murder. Eventually, she becomes captain of the ship. A good read for ages 10-110 and especially people who like suspence.

review:A cuul story about the board members written the ultra-talented top_banana. Currently the members are going to Scotland to save TB. Much humor and exaggeration. Much good for all ages, but most of all board members. :):D

good use of ya-a

ok.

YA-A!

good use of ya-a

Thank you. I thought it fit.

• 1 month later...

The Underground

by Allison Greene

rating: 4

review: Athena Bartlett (a teenage girl) and her friends overthrow a government that has banned teenagers from the country. Athena and her friends go through the trials of the teenage mind as well. A lot of twists and turns, but it ends happily. A good read for those long nights where you can't sleep. Futuristic, some new words, but overall great.

• 2 weeks later...
nice new sig, topazia! (and BTW, i dont have a problem)

Keep trying, dog lover!

Only 43 characters to go! You can do it!

My siggy is 10000 characters long. I win! heehee!

I love Michael Crichton and Robin Cook. Medical thrillers are awesome, especially Cook's Fever.

Suspenseful!

I love Michael Crichton and Robin Cook. Medical thrillers are awesome, especially Cook's Fever.

Suspenseful!

Have you ever read Patricia Cornwell? How about Tony Hillerman or Dick Francis? Patricia Cornwell writes from a medical examiner's point of view. Tony Hillerman's books are written from the Four Corners area with a Native American flair. Dick Francis writes with a theme from the English race tracks.

Have you ever touched upon True Crime? Ann Rule writes some phenomenally scary books in this area.

Suspenseful!

Have you ever read Patricia Cornwell? How about Tony Hillerman or Dick Francis? Patricia Cornwell writes from a medical examiner's point of view. Tony Hillerman's books are written from the Four Corners area with a Native American flair. Dick Francis writes with a theme from the English race tracks.

Have you ever touched upon True Crime? Ann Rule writes some phenomenally scary books in this area.

Nope. Then again, I have pretty much stopped reading now that I:

a.) have a laptop computer and a jump/flash drive (mini hard drive on a stick)

b.) have read every stinkin book in the house and therefore have nothing to read.

c.) have rejoined HD and started reading the wonderful stuff we post everywhere here, especially in the writing stuff forum and Religion topics in the music forum. :)

d.) have decided to stop reading about topics that desensitize my dislike of violence and death. Ever since my cat died a few weeks ago, I have made this choice.

e.) have read my fill until I finish The Underground. (See review.)

I've heard of Dick Francis, tho. Mom reads that stuff. SWEET! sorry, random outbursts are my thing lately.

b.) have read every stinkin book in the house and therefore have nothing to read.

I guess you have never heard of this institution called a Library. They have lots and lots of books and they will loan them to you for a period of time so you may read them. If you do not finish the book in the first allotment of time, you can telephone them and renew the book for a second allotment of time. You might want to investigate and see if there is a Library near you!

:lol::lol::lol:

Ages since I posted in here... and I can't remember if I suggested the idea or whether Horatio had the idea or what. But I was first in here, more or less.

ANyway. Random book pick:

Name: The Supernaturalists

Author: Eoin Colfer

Thingymagummy; In the future of coporate dominance if you are orphaned, you are effectively given up for dead, left in the orphanages where every day holds new product testing on the lonely orphans. Many die at the age 15. If you get past that, the Orphanage'll just look for an excuse to banish you to the prisons. Cosmo Hill is 14. According to the statistics, he has one year left to live, unless....

Unless he can find a group called the Supernaturalists who may be his only chance to live a longer life... or will it be shortened? For the enemy they fight are Parasties which only they can see......

I guess you have never heard of this institution called a Library. They have lots and lots of books and they will loan them to you for a period of time so you may read them. If you do not finish the book in the first allotment of time, you can telephone them and renew the book for a second allotment of time. You might want to investigate and see if there is a Library near you!

heeheehee! and BTW topazia (or anyone who cares) im workin on a new siggy (might take a while) but now im going for quality, not quantity, unlike my last one.

Ages since I posted in here... and I can't remember if I suggested the idea or whether Horatio had the idea or what. But I was first in here, more or less.

ANyway. Random book pick:

Name: The Supernaturalists

Author: Eoin Colfer

Thingymagummy; In the future of coporate dominance if you are orphaned, you are effectively given up for dead, left in the orphanages where every day holds new product testing on the lonely orphans. Many die at the age 15. If you get past that, the Orphanage'll just look for an excuse to banish you to the prisons. Cosmo Hill is 14. According to the statistics, he has one year left to live, unless....

Unless he can find a group called the Supernaturalists who may be his only chance to live a longer life... or will it be shortened? For the enemy they fight are Parasties which only they can see......

That's an awesome book. :):D

heeheehee! and BTW topazia (or anyone who cares) im workin on a new siggy (might take a while) but now im going for quality, not quantity, unlike my last one.

Okay, doglover. no problem. I love long siggies! woohoo!

• 4 weeks later...
Harry Potter and the half-blood prince.

Harry returns to Hogwarts, has problems balancing assignments and Quiddich. eventually comes to terms with what was revealed to him in book Five, makes a decision.

Ah, I see you have completed the book as well? Funny thing, just a thing I noticed after reading the book that the print was slightly smaller. I think they didn't want to use up too much paper, seeing as with the smaller print it's 650 or so pages to begin with.

I finished HP & the H-B Prince! Wow! it was great! I finished it in like five hours, and I thought it was awesome...

until the ending came along.

:(

:)B)

• 1 month later...

Hey!

Title: The Old Monkey's Last Command

By: Allison Greene

Synopsis: Athena, Mark, and Ben search for clues left for Mark by Athena's late grandfather. They are searching for the last great treasure from Earth, and it was left to Mark by the mysterious old man.

Rating: 5 stars, man! I love this book! If you enjoy dramatic Sci-Fi, this is the one for you!

Hey!

Title: The Old Monkey's Last Command

Synopsis: Athena, Mark, and Ben search for clues left for Mark by Athena's late grandfather. They are searching for the last great treasure from Earth, and it was left to Mark by the mysterious old man.

Rating: 5 stars, man! I love this book! If you enjoy dramatic Sci-Fi, this is the one for you!

*adds another book to my library list*

WAAAAA I CAN NOT BELEIVE THE END OF HP AND THE HBP. CAN YOU BELEIVE IT???

DUMBLEDORE DIES!!!!!  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

So unfair! :(

Why'd J.K. Rowling have to go and do that? :unsure:

now i don't want to read the last one. it is obviously not going to end happily. she is obviously not a happy ever after person. every year they get on the hogwarts express (or the car lol) but they won't do that this time. no. because stupid harry wants to go and find voldemort and kill him, gr <_<

Why didn't you see Dumbledore's death coming? I saw it when Sirius died. Heck, there's a chance that Ron and/or Hermione may die, for goodness sake. It was storyline, drama. Why can't you appreciate that?

Seriously, why stop right before the dramatic ending when you've already read the other 6?

WAAAAA I CAN NOT BELEIVE THE END OF HP AND THE HBP. CAN YOU BELEIVE IT???

DUMBLEDORE DIES!!!!!  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

So unfair! :(

Why'd J.K. Rowling have to go and do that? :unsure:

now i don't want to read the last one. it is obviously not going to end happily. she is obviously not a happy ever after person. every year they get on the hogwarts express (or the car lol) but they won't do that this time. no. because stupid harry wants to go and find voldemort and kill him, gr <_<

If I don't read the last one, I would keep wondering. I would eventually get it. My faorite parts of the books were always where they were in class or just walking around and being normal. That sounds odd doesn't it?

...or Hermione may die, for goodness sake.

:o:o:o

Oh No! Don't say that! Hermione is old and has a back leg that was broken and not taken to a Veterinarian, but for a Black bear hamster, she is doing really, really well.

Not that Hermione. :lol:

...or Hermione may die, for goodness sake.

:o:o:o

Oh No! Don't say that! Hermione is old and has a back leg that was broken and not taken to a Veterinarian, but for a Black bear hamster, she is doing really, really well.

Not that Hermione. :lol:

*breathes one big sigh of relief*

*runs over to Hermione's cage and checks to see if she if okay* :huh:

School Library=dumb.

I got a reading level, but the only book in the library that matches my reading level is Pride and Prejudice, which I read last year. The reading level goes up to 15, but PaP is only level 12, and I want to go above that. Even though my level is 12. Too easy. <_<

School Library=dumb.

I got a reading level, but the only book in the library that matches my reading level is Pride and Prejudice, which I read last year. The reading level goes up to 15, but PaP is only level 12, and I want to go above that. Even though my level is 12. Too easy. <_>

You would be afraid to know what the national reading level is! :o

School Library=dumb.

I got a reading level, but the only book in the library that matches my reading level is Pride and Prejudice, which I read last year. The reading level goes up to 15, but PaP is only level 12, and I want to go above that. Even though my level is 12. Too easy. <_<

I dunno, but last time they tried to test mine, it was off the scale.

are you getting excused from finding new words in english class texts yet MW?

that was kind of fun, so was sitting back in the hall at the end of lunch reading Moby Dick. of course, a teacher had to come and wreck my fun by telling the jocks "white whale" wasn't a euphemism.

School Library=dumb.

3?

School Library=dumb.

I got a reading level, but the only book in the library that matches my reading level is Pride and Prejudice, which I read last year. The reading level goes up to 15, but PaP is only level 12, and I want to go above that. Even though my level is 12. Too easy. <_>

that was kind of fun, so was sitting back in the hall at the end of lunch reading Moby Dick. of course, a teacher had to come and wreck my fun by telling the jocks "white whale" wasn't a euphemism.

Teachers can spoil all the fun sometimes.

School Library=dumb.

3?

Seriously... sixth grade. And not an intelligent, reading advanced sixth grade. :o

School Library=dumb.

Teachers can spoil all the fun sometimes.

Yeah, mine was off the scale when they tested mine too. I had the highest in the school. So of course, i was then considered a complete nerd. <_< evil preps... So i guess i was reading at above colledge levels?

School Library=dumb.

3?

Seriously... sixth grade. And not an intelligent, reading advanced sixth grade. :o

that disgusts me.

School Library=dumb.

3?

that disgusts me.

It gets worse......

School Library=dumb.

3?

that disgusts me.

It gets worse......

how?

School Library=dumb.

3?

that disgusts me.

It gets worse......

how?

Every U.S. citizen 18 years and older has the right to vote. :o

I read at a colledge level, seriously.

And spell at........ :lol::lol::lol:

college, whatever. it is a saturday, i don't have to worry about spelling. :lol: but i am a really good speller, don't know what level. But i can't spell words i don't know. like at those spelling bees on t.v. like, icthymungoosceliaprintoshingintholyphobia.

School Library=dumb.

My class doesn't have to find new words, sadly.

Jocks are commonly moronic.

School Library=dumb.

***dies and falls to the floor***

sorry, but my mom is the librarian at my school's library (and that is also where i am at the moment...) and i spend like all my time here...you could say your school library is dumb (unless by some freakish chance you go to my school) but please..think of people like me before u say something like that...

School Library=dumb.

i havent been tested, but it would probably be very high considering i read about 90% of the time.. (ok maybe im exaggerating a little, but not much...)

School Library=dumb.

sorry, but my mom is the librarian at my school's library (and that is also where i am at the moment...) and i spend like all my time here...you could say your school library is dumb (unless by some freakish chance you go to my school) but please..think of people like me before u say something like that...

School Library=dumb.

i havent been tested, but it would probably be very high considering i read about 90% of the time.. (ok maybe im exaggerating a little, but not much...)

Reading and the appreciation of the written word, is the greatest gift a parent can give a child. If you can read you can learn, gain knowledge and accomplish anything.

School Library=dumb.

School Library=dumb.

Reading and the appreciation of the written word, is the greatest gift a parent can give a child. If you can read you can learn, gain knowledge and accomplish anything.

I must agree with you. I am very thankful Mom taught me how to read and to appreciate it at a young age. I love to learn, read, write, and sing. Oh! Good book that I've read many times!

Title: Welcome to My Life

Synopsis: Ms. Greene writes in the view of Tad, a troubled teen. Tad is 25, and his wife, Emily, is 23. Tad is taking a course in Journalism, and he has to prepare an autobiography. He delves into his past, searching for answers, and eventually comes up with a wonderful slide show presentation.

Rating: 5 stars and two thumbs up!

School Library=dumb.

School Library=dumb.

yeah...probably a big reason why i was on the honor roll and didnt have to take finals last year... :)

yeah...probably a big reason why i was on the honor roll and didnt have to take finals last year... :)

WOW!!! I am really proud of you. You did such a great job! :D

thanx...we havent got any tests back so far this year, but i think im doing well

School Library=dumb.

School Library=dumb.

I shall keep my rudeness to a minimum, but don't expect too much as that is who I am. Rude.

Look, I love books and libraries as much as you do, possibly more. I should think that someone of such high intellect such as you would understand that I was referring to my school's library, but apparently you somewhat misunderstood. What I was attempting to explain was that the school library that I go to does not have enough books that pose as a challenge to me, there is nothing there that I cannot understand. I find it necessary for a library to be any good for it to have a wide selection of challenging classics. This I find especially needed in a school where they are constantly asking of us to be reading books above our level.

I must apologize for offending you in any way whatsoever.

*rereads post*

Wow, that sounds somewhat like a business letter.

:lol: I see you are preparing for the day when you are in practice on your own! :lol:

*hands Mega Wolf a stack of business letters to be written*

how can you hand a stack of letters that need to be written? in order to hand a letter to someone, the letter needs tohave already been written. like handing someone a dead chicken to kill.

:lol: I see you are preparing for the day when you are in practice on your own! :lol:

*hands Mega Wolf a stack of business letters to be written*

how can you hand a stack of letters that need to be written? in order to hand a letter to someone, the letter needs tohave already been written. like handing someone a dead chicken to kill.

Perhaps Horatio is referring to a pile of lists of topics and whom to address the letters to.

School Library=dumb.

School Library=dumb.

I shall keep my rudeness to a minimum, but don't expect too much as that is who I am. Rude.

Look, I love books and libraries as much as you do, possibly more. I should think that someone of such high intellect such as you would understand that I was referring to my school's library, but apparently you somewhat misunderstood. What I was attempting to explain was that the school library that I go to does not have enough books that pose as a challenge to me, there is nothing there that I cannot understand. I find it necessary for a library to be any good for it to have a wide selection of challenging classics. This I find especially needed in a school where they are constantly asking of us to be reading books above our level.

*rereads post*

wow. ok... :blink:

School Library=dumb.

School Library=dumb.

*rereads post*

wow. ok... :blink:

I was having one of those, "Let's make things complicated!" days.

DogLover, I love your siggy.

My favorite book is titled, Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

It was coauthored by many men and women.

It's theme is good, it has wonderful plot, and it is a wonderful story about a superhero.

Have you guessed yet?

It's theme is good, it has wonderful plot, and it is a wonderful story about a superhero.

Have you guessed yet?

Guessed what?

My faorite book has to be DragonHome. It is about this world where some people have powers. Those that do are hated and feared by all the normal people. The main characters have animal speech, and the others isn't found out towards the end. Their parents are killed in a fire, and they set out to their aunts house. They are found by the talent hunters, and the main character screams for help in animal speech. She, being a vegetarian, is disgusted when two wolves appear and tear into their persuers. With their stay with the wolves, she befriends a wolf cub, who comes with them on their journey. By now they are looking for a place to stay. However, her brother is extremely opposed to having the wolf come along. This provides for some anger and harsh feeling between them. One day, they are all captured and go to this special place for talents, which is run by the gov't and everything is kept in order by the one person whose talent is to bring pain. As they flee from there, the find a country house, where they keep their secret hidden. The wolf has to stay away. She becomes great friends with a girl named Yvonne, and she finds her secret out, but doesn't care. The talent hunters get close to the house, so she and her brother must flee. Yvonne tells them of a place called dragon home, a castle not far away that is supposedly abandoned. I will not ruin the ending if you decide to read it yourself. If you can't find dragonhome, it might be dragonkeep. It has been a while since I read it.

Have you guessed yet?

Guessed what?

My faorite book has to be DragonHome. It is about this world where some people have powers. Those that do are hated and feared by all the normal people. The main characters have animal speech, and the others isn't found out towards the end. Their parents are killed in a fire, and they set out to their aunts house. They are found by the talent hunters, and the main character screams for help in animal speech. She, being a vegetarian, is disgusted when two wolves appear and tear into their persuers. With their stay with the wolves, she befriends a wolf cub, who comes with them on their journey. By now they are looking for a place to stay. However, her brother is extremely opposed to having the wolf come along. This provides for some anger and harsh feeling between them. One day, they are all captured and go to this special place for talents, which is run by the gov't and everything is kept in order by the one person whose talent is to bring pain. As they flee from there, the find a country house, where they keep their secret hidden. The wolf has to stay away. She becomes great friends with a girl named Yvonne, and she finds her secret out, but doesn't care. The talent hunters get close to the house, so she and her brother must flee. Yvonne tells them of a place called dragon home, a castle not far away that is supposedly abandoned. I will not ruin the ending if you decide to read it yourself. If you can't find dragonhome, it might be dragonkeep. It has been a while since I read it.

Thanks! This sounds great!!!

Have you guessed yet?

Guessed what?

Thanks! This sounds great!!!

Yur welcome. ^.^ I finally put a book up, after you used to bug me to do that so much. :P

• 2 weeks later...

i usually go to the public library like once or twice a week... :)

Well, I don't. Do you like Piers Anthony?

never heard of him...i will go look him up on my library district's online catalog...brb...152 results, wow, but some of them are repeats...lemme guess: sci-fi author...out ofthe less than 10 books i looked at, thats what they seemed to be....im into animorphs (see the chat in jokes riddles & funny stories), which are also sorta sci-fi....i also read the remnants series by the same author (k. a. applegate) but i think animorphs are better...one thing: animorphs have 54 books in the regular series, plus specials, and remnants has 14 total books...{RANDOM INTELLIGENCE FROM THE JOHN TESH SHOW: (im listeningto the radio) The water u boiled ur eggs in would be good to water ur plants with...because of minerals in it....}anyway, i usually like general fiction, harry potter series being my all time fave books...animorphs, series of unfortunate events are good.,....used to be crazy about the babysitters club....the westing game (ellen raskin) the giver (lois lowry) the city of ember (jeanne duprau) and many others...im in this thing at my library called "Battle of the Books" in which contestants read 10 assigned books and then have a jeopardy-style contest about the content...i did the "locals" already at my local library, then on saturay is the "reagionals" in which different libraries compete... (dont all u lazy nonreading people think i have no life!!!!! i do! i just love to read!) the 10 books are:

1. holes (louis sachar)

2. hoot (carl hiaasen)

3. the ghost belonged to me (richard peck)

4. stargirl (jerry spinelli)

5. no more dead dogs (gordon korman)

6. gathering blue (lois lowry) (a companion to The Giver)

7. hatchet (gary paulsen)

8. bud not buddy (christopher paul curtis)

9. witness (karen hesse)

10. among the hidden (margaret peterson haddix)

speaking of margaret peterson haddix and among the hidden, among the hidden is the first in a series of books, 6 so far (all titles starting with "among the") and ive read them all...also she wrote "the house on the gulf" which i read, and it is good, and "double identity" which i think is new, which i read and it is good too! ive heard she also wrote "running out of time" which i have not read yet, but hope to soon, next time i go to the library ill look, if i remember....ok...BYE!!!!!!!

A clockwork orange was a pretty good book, the fact that much of it isn't really in english was half the fun of reading it. the movie was pretty good at following the book, if you remember that they dropped the last chapter when it was published in america, leading to a rather different ending.

A clockwork orange was a pretty good book, the fact that much of it isn't really in english was half the fun of reading it. the movie was pretty good at following the book, if you remember that they dropped the last chapter when it was published in america, leading to a rather different ending.

I didn't know that. :o

A clockwork orange was a pretty good book, the fact that much of it isn't really in english was half the fun of reading it.

what language is it in, as i have never read it

it's mostly in Nadsat, a language the author made up for his main character. that's what made it interesting to read, you have to think for a moment to make sense of some of it. most everything is explained, but you have to pay some attention, and figure some things out yourself, for example:

we found Billy-boy and his droogs giving some devotchka the This part has to go.  Sorry Horatio .

of course, the quote might not make it past teh modz. The main charachter is not a very nice person.

Edited by Horatio

A clockwork orange was a pretty good book, the fact that much of it isn't really in english was half the fun of reading it.

what language is it in, as i have never read it

it's mostly in Nadsat, a language the author made up for his main character. that's what made it interesting to read, you have to think for a moment to make sense of some of it. most everything is explained, but you have to pay some attention, and figure some things out yourself, for example:

we found Billy-boy and his droogs giving some devotchka the This part has to go.  Sorry Horatio .

of course, the quote might not make it past teh modz. The main charachter is not a very nice person.

I tried to leave as much as I could in.

Knife Of Dreams was good.

Matt gets married.

Moraine might not be dead, just trapped in another dimension.

Nynevae sets up an army for Lan,

Rand begins to gather his forces.

Elayne gets elected queen.

and the last battle has yet to begin..

(the eleventh book of the wheel of time)

You know what is really cool, and I'm sure some of you have experience this before. We get authors to come to our school and just talk to us. Then a select few get to acutally meet him and do a little workshop on his work. It's really fun. It got me into reading...finally.

didnt bruce coville go to ur school? i think rachel said that

• 2 weeks later...
You know what is really cool, and I'm sure some of you have experience this before. We get authors to come to our school and just talk to us. Then a select few get to acutally meet him and do a little workshop on his work. It's really fun. It got me into reading...finally.

(still no response) (guess TBFOF doesnt check here anymore)

*fills the post with lots and lots of money*

This should attract him!

This should attract him!

yeah, he used to be moneylover, right?

This should attract him!

yeah, he used to be moneylover, right?

Right you are!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Book: Turnabout

Author: margaret Peterson Haddix

Genre: im calling it science fiction because i read it for a science fiction book report, so lets just say it is...

Plot: These two old ladies, melly (amelia) hazelwood and anny beth flick, are in a nursing home and get an offer to get this shot that will make them "de-age" until a ceratin point atwhich time they will get another shot that will keep them that age. they agree, but after getting the first shot (PT-1) they find out the "stop aging" shot (PT-2) doesnt work. now they are going to keep getting younger until they are babies again, and they do not know what will happen then. this is both secret and illegal, and the 50 people who have gotten PT-1 have had their familes told that they are dead (they were all from the same nursing home) the nursing home part takes place in 2000 and the rest of the book takes place is 2085, when melly is 16 and anny beth is 18.

review: good book, but it leaves you hanging at the end...im giving no more details!!!!!

rating: 5 out of 5, or if its 4, 4 out of 4...i forget

and, i like a lot of margaret peterson' haddix's books. i have read: among the hidden, among the imposters, among the betrayed, among the barons, among the brave, among the enemy, the house on the gulf, double identity, running out of time, and turnabout obviously...i have not read leaving fishers, because of anya, and some others i cant remember...i know theres at least 2 more...ok ive got to do hw!!! bye

Genre: im calling it science fiction because i read it for a science fiction book report, so lets just say it is...

Plot: These two old ladies, melly (amelia) hazelwood and anny beth flick, are in a nursing home and get an offer to get this shot that will make them "de-age" until a ceratin point atwhich time they will get another shot that will keep them that age. they agree, but after getting the first shot (PT-1) they find out the "stop aging" shot (PT-2) doesnt work. now they are going to keep getting younger until they are babies again, and they do not know what will happen then. this is both secret and illegal, and the 50 people who have gotten PT-1 have had their familes told that they are dead (they were all from the same nursing home) the nursing home part takes place in 2000 and the rest of the book takes place is 2085, when melly is 16 and anny beth is 18.

review: good book, but it leaves you hanging at the end...im giving no more details!!!!!

and, i like a lot of margaret peterson' haddix's books. i have read: among the hidden, among the imposters, among the betrayed, among the barons, among the brave, among the enemy, the house on the gulf, double identity, running out of time, and turnabout obviously...i have not read leaving fishers, because of anya, and some others i cant remember...i know theres at least 2 more...ok ive got to do hw!!! bye

I will read this! Thank you!!! It sounds really terrific. :D

I will read this! Thank you!!! It sounds really terrific. :D

thanx!

u changed ur siggy....what does hyh mean?

im on an apple rite now at the apple store in a mall in chicago...

its my aunts 50th bday and shes having a big party so my whole family is here (well, not right here in this store, but most of them are in the mall) and the party is 2nite...

horatio, u work on an apple, rite? i think so.......

bye bye 4 now

its my aunts 50th bday and shes having a big party so my whole family is here (well, not right here in this store, but most of them are in the mall) and the party is 2nite...

bye bye 4 now

Good memory! My Mac is ollllllllldddddddddd. It is the G3 laptop. Just perfect for my cage. Any good new toys in the Apple Store? :lol:

*sends Dog Lover my Christmas Wish List*

Yes, Along with Avi, Ben Mikaelsen,

Eh. I can't remember back to elementary school.

• 2 weeks later...

bye bye 4 now

Good memory! My Mac is ollllllllldddddddddd. It is the G3 laptop. Just perfect for my cage. Any good new toys in the Apple Store? :lol:

my dad was playing solitaire on an ipod nano at the store......my friend has one, theyre so small! she named it stewart.......idk why...........at the moment, in all of the topics in jokes riddles and funny stories except women & cars, im the last 1 who posted......its like everyone 4got about this area of the board.......oh wellllllllll.........

bye bye 4 now

my dad was playing solitaire on an ipod nano at the store......my friend has one, theyre so small! she named it stewart.......idk why...........at the moment, in all of the topics in jokes riddles and funny stories except women & cars, im the last 1 who posted......its like everyone 4got about this area of the board.......oh wellllllllll.........

Heh. iPod nano solitaire. Hilarious. Kyle was playing it and was about to beat it and then he's like, "I'm gonna save this for later so that I can show my girlfriend I beat it on the bus!"

I swear, Kyle, he's hilarious.

bye bye 4 now

Heh. iPod nano solitaire. Hilarious. Kyle was playing it and was about to beat it and then he's like, "I'm gonna save this for later so that I can show my girlfriend I beat it on the bus!"

Those break so easily.

bye bye 4 now

Those break so easily.

Perhaps it is because of it's miniscule size and it is intended to not be dropped...

bye bye 4 now

i beat solitaire all the time....i play it all the time, like if im on my computer and im bored, or im waiting 4 something to print, i start a game.......im addicted 2 it

bye bye 4 now

i beat solitaire all the time....i play it all the time, like if im on my computer and im bored, or im waiting 4 something to print, i start a game.......im addicted 2 it

Kyle can be a bit thick sometimes. :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A Child Called It Series.

Awesome

Such an eye opener to the horrid topic it covers.

I would suggest 8th grade + as some details are a bit graphic.

Thank you! I will try reading these.

I remember those! AChildCalledIt, The LostBoy, and AManNamedDave are awesome! There's a fourth out now about Pelzer's teen years too, but I can't find it anywhere.

Biography of a Band: Nosilla Heartland

By Nosilla Heartland's own Zana Rockwell

Synopsis:

Zana Rockwell gives the world a chance to get to know the invisible band, Nosilla Heartland. In his book, Zana details why he and his bandmates chose the haunting tones of the cello, viola, and wood flute. Rockwell also explains the band's rise to success, even as they remain almost completely unknown to the world. Telling the tale of a lost girl, the group's songs rarely have words, but those that do are powerfully arranged to have the greatest hypnotic effect on whoever listens to them. In this unprecedented biography, Zana will tell exactly who in the band was the little lost girl, and why they chose that particular tale to convert to melody.

Published 2006, I got one of the first ever printed copies!

-------

I like the book. Oh! I know one of the bandmembers!

Awesome

I remember those! AChildCalledIt, The LostBoy, and AManNamedDave are awesome! There's a fourth out now about Pelzer's teen years too, but I can't find it anywhere.

Synopsis:

Zana Rockwell gives the world a chance to get to know the invisible band, Nosilla Heartland. In his book, Zana details why he and his bandmates chose the haunting tones of the cello, viola, and wood flute. Rockwell also explains the band's rise to success, even as they remain almost completely unknown to the world. Telling the tale of a lost girl, the group's songs rarely have words, but those that do are powerfully arranged to have the greatest hypnotic effect on whoever listens to them. In this unprecedented biography, Zana will tell exactly who in the band was the little lost girl, and why they chose that particular tale to convert to melody.

-------

This is really fantastic! It must be so cool to know one of the bandmembers!

As for the first book, have you asked at your library? You will find out when it is arriving and can get on the reserve list.

Awesome

Synopsis:

-------

This is really fantastic! It must be so cool to know one of the bandmembers!

As for the first book, have you asked at your library? You will find out when it is arriving and can get on the reserve list.

Oh, Let me tell ya, she is so cool. Yesterday she introduced me to the others. They are so natural, it's awesome!

Oh, if I see the book, I'd know it, I just haven't bothered to look.

• 3 months later...

this girl in some of my classes at school that i kinda know wrote a book....its coming out in october, its called the heir of the tarot i think....she said its not like about tarot cards, its supposed to be a last name.....cant wait till it comes out!

this girl in some of my classes at school that i kinda know wrote a book....its coming out in october, its called the heir of the tarot i think....she said its not like about tarot cards, its supposed to be a last name.....cant wait till it comes out!

I am certain you will read it before anyone else, so please do post a book review.

I am certain you will read it before anyone else, so please do post a book review.

i checked on barnes & noble's website, but i didnt find anything

i checked on barnes & noble's website, but i didnt find anything

I figured she would have autographed copies for sale in the school.

Title: Take My Breath Away

Author: Allex Smithe

Genre: Anecdote (telling a story you remember)

Synopsis: Allex Smithe tells her story as a teenage girl who falls deeply in love with this unusual young man, Reddick. Reddick turns out to have many more secrets than Allex thought possible, and one threatens to drive her further into the insanity she so carefully hides on a daily basis. This book contains her journal entries, dream logs, and random thoughts. A good read, if you like this genre.

Approx 120 pages.

I like this book.

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

Title: Inside Out- A personal History of Pink Floyd

Author: Nick Mason (Pink Floyd's Drummer)

Summary:

This book is a personal account of The Classic Rock band Pink Floyd from the only member who has been there since the days they were The Tea Set. It talks about all the history of the band, including FAQ *Frequently Asked Questions) such as How The Band Got Their name. A Great Read for any Pink Floyd Fan.

Rating: :D:D:D:D:D

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

good book: take my breath away

I like the author Piers Anthony, but a lot of his work is for adults, eally, and they contain some adult material (not in the extreme. He writes light fantasy, science-fiction, and stuff like that.) so i can't really post stuff here.