Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Book club

Finally!  Here is the long awaited Book Club!  Anyone can post a book and write a review, recommendation or thoughts regarding this book.  We will have a rating system based on the Five Hampster Rating.  Five Hampsters will be outstanding and One Hampster will be the worst.

What I was thinking after listening to all who made suggestions is that we could write the name of the book and if you know the author, then put your Hampster rating next to this.  Below, write your comment.  Anyone who wished to comment on the book could then post a reply with their thoughts.  This book club is open to all suggestions and ideas.  So please,  let me know how to make it better!  What will be the first Book Club book?

:hampton  :hado  :fuzzy  :dixie

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, since furry goodness, by yours truly is still in the wurks, we cudnt read that! (not like any1 wud want 2..) *scratches head*we cud all read the Bible? no, not every1 here is Christian, i think. how about......*searches thru library* hold on a sec, i gotta look more!

Right heres how I rate the books that I'm gone to recommend we all read, first Op-Centre that gets  :fuzzy  :hampton  :dixie  Hado :hampton , any Artemis Fowl book gets  :hampton  :fuzzy  :hampton  :fuzzy  :hampton  :fuzzy x100+66 , O.K 666 isn't a legal rating but look at the numbers 666, 666 and 666 surley you recognize the number and its significance! You know, red guy, lives in a very hot place, pokes people with his trident into volcanoes. You get the idea! Any way serious for a moment. We should do Artemis Fowl first! Unless you don't have the series in which case I vote for Op-centre: Acts of War

or harry potter!!!!! i give that  :hampton  :hado  :dixie  :fuzzy  :hampton  hampsters (5)!!! Chicken soup 4 the soul is a good book, too, but i give it a  :hampton  :hado  :dixie  :fuzzy (4)

Doglover which Harry Potter would you like to give the Five Hampsters to and please tell why!  Also, why do you like Chicken Soup for the Soul?

:hampton  :hado  :fuzzy  :dixie

Right heres how I rate the books that I'm gone to recommend we all read, first Op-Centre that gets  :fuzzy  :hampton  :dixie  Hado :hampton , any Artemis Fowl book gets  :hampton  :fuzzy  :hampton  :fuzzy  :hampton  :fuzzy x100+66 , O.K 666 isn't a legal rating but look at the numbers 666, 666 and 666 surley you recognize the number and its significance! You know, red guy, lives in a very hot place, pokes people with his trident into volcanoes. You get the idea! Any way serious for a moment. We should do Artemis Fowl first! Unless you don't have the series in which case I vote for Op-centre: Acts of War

The Grim Hamster lord, you pick a book, let's say one of the Artemis Fowl books, tell us the name, author (if you know it) your Hamster rating and then tell us a little bit about it and why we should or should not read it.

For instance when I was a kid, the first magnificient book my mother ever gave me was The Red Balloon.  I cannot remember the author, a gentleman from France I believe, but this is definitely a  :hampton  :hado  :fuzzy  :dixie  :hampton  book.  It is about a small boy, his red balloon and a small piece of his life.  I still occasionally reread this children's book as it is a very moving book.

The name: Artemis Fowl

The Author: Eoin Colfer

The Blurb: Twelve year old Artemis Fowl is a brilliant criminal mastermind. Not even Artemis knows what he's taken on when he kidnaps a fairy, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon unit. These aren't the fairies of bedtime stories (that Horatio loves so much).These fairies are armed and they're dangerous. Artemis thinks his got them just where he wants them, but then they stop playing by the rules...

My opinion: This is an undescribable peice of Irish litreature. Just wait that sounds rubbish.... O.K new start. Well the blurb doesn't do it justice for it

a) doesn't mention the technology of the faries that I nicked and am using agiainst Horatio

B) Doesn't mention that Artemis is a suprisingly cold, tactical and ruthless boy. Not forgetting he has a witicisim for every insult (sounds like me).

c) doesn't even remotley metion the REAL hero, the Kleptomanatic Dwarf who has a serious case of Dwarven flatuence.

I reccomend this book because it goes away from the Hero and Heroine junk and gives you a refreshing change against the backdrop of Princess' stuck in towers with a fairy princes coming to free them :vomit This has an Anti-hero, a bull troll, a sarcastic centaur who bears resmblances to Sheena and a whole lot of Gold.... Remember that this falls into the Fantasy genre but is the whole diluted Princess rubbish changed into a modern, backstabbing and enjoyable tale of Karate chopping butlers, magic and dwarven flatuence.

The Blurb: Twelve year old Artemis Fowl is a brilliant criminal mastermind. Not even Artemis knows what he's taken on when he kidnaps a fairy, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon unit. These aren't the fairies of bedtime stories (that Horatio loves so much).These fairies are armed and they're dangerous. Artemis thinks his got them just where he wants them, but then they stop playing by the rules...

My opinion: This is an undescribable peice of Irish litreature. Just wait that sounds rubbish.... O.K new start. Well the blurb doesn't do it justice for it

a) doesn't mention the technology of the faries that I nicked and am using agiainst Horatio

B) Doesn't mention that Artemis is a suprisingly cold, tactical and ruthless boy. Not forgetting he has a witicisim for every insult (sounds like me).

c) doesn't even remotley metion the REAL hero, the Kleptomanatic Dwarf who has a serious case of Dwarven flatuence.

I reccomend this book because it goes away from the Hero and Heroine junk and gives you a refreshing change against the backdrop of Princess' stuck in towers with a fairy princes coming to free them :vomit This has an Anti-hero, a bull troll, a sarcastic centaur who bears resmblances to Sheena and a whole lot of Gold.... Remember that this falls into the Fantasy genre but is the whole diluted Princess rubbish changed into a modern, backstabbing and enjoyable tale of Karate chopping butlers, magic and dwarven flatuence.

Outstanding review...truthfully, due to your review, I would like to try reading the series.  

I thought you would like to know that the bedtime fairies are somewhat stirred up...you see it is this family of fairies that search the Milky Way for those wonderful Gold Stars, and the star fairies are not amused.  In fact, they are having a meeting this evening and I believe that you are on their list.  Also, you are being watched very carefully for using their fairy technology without a permit.  Just thought you would like to be aware of this.

Anyway, I had wanted to give you a Gold Star for this review, but the fairies told me that they were not pleased, so...next time!

Outstanding review...truthfully, due to your review, I would like to try reading the series.  

I thought you would like to know that the bedtime fairies are somewhat stirred up...you see it is this family of fairies that search the Milky Way for those wonderful Gold Stars, and the star fairies are not amused.  In fact, they are having a meeting this evening and I believe that you are on their list.  Also, you are being watched very carefully for using their fairy technology without a permit.  Just thought you would like to be aware of this.

Anyway, I had wanted to give you a Gold Star for this review, but the fairies told me that they were not pleased, so...next time!

Thats not much of an excuse for not giving me a star award! Anyway those faries have visited me and I sent them packing like I did with your Quizoal monkey assasin!

Title: The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole aged 13 and three quarters (3/4)

Author: Sue (Lillian) Townsend.

Blurb: n/a

Synopsis: TSDOAMATATQ is the story a troubled teenager living in the midlands (Leicester). He has to put up with his parents splitting up, taking care of a pentioner and pining for his first love Pandora. It's a hillarious read and a sour look at hald-poverty.

If you like it, you can read its sequals. My favourite is also my favouirte book of all time, "Adrian Mole and the Cappuccino years". At this stage, he is 31 and a quarter and trying to get his life back on track... and he is STILL pining for Pandora!

I haven't really described the book very well - it is almost impossible to. You need to really read it for yourself to see that diary of this famous boy...

... it's a classic.

Title: The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole aged 13 and three quarters (3/4)

Author: Sue (Lillian) Townsend.

Blurb: n/a

Synopsis: TSDOAMATATQ is the story a troubled teenager living in the midlands (Leicester). He has to put up with his parents splitting up, taking care of a pentioner and pining for his first love Pandora. It's a hillarious read and a sour look at hald-poverty.

If you like it, you can read its sequals. My favourite is also my favouirte book of all time, "Adrian Mole and the Cappuccino years". At this stage, he is 31 and a quarter and trying to get his life back on track... and he is STILL pining for Pandora!

I haven't really described the book very well - it is almost impossible to. You need to really read it for yourself to see that diary of this famous boy...

... it's a classic.

:D  Oh I thought that you did a great job describing the book.  I am heading down to the library to see if they have the books there.  BTW would you please give a Hampster Rating to your book.  Five Hampsters for outstanding, One Hampster for not great!

Thank you LifesEagle!   :D  :cool:  :D

This has an Anti-hero, a bull troll, a sarcastic centaur who bears resmblances to Sheena

Excuse me, how do I bear a resemblence to a sarcastic centaur :penguin  ???  :penguin ?

:laughing  :laughing   I was wondering how long it would take Sheena to respond to that!    :laughing  :laughing

It is amazing, I didn't know that  :penguin s snored!!!

:laughing  :laughing  :laughing

Excuse me, how do I bear a resemblence to a sarcastic centaur :penguin  ???  :penguin ?

Read the book and you'll see....

This has an Anti-hero, a bull troll, a sarcastic centaur who bears resmblances to Sheena

Excuse me, how do I bear a resemblence to a sarcastic centaur?

:laughing  :laughing   I was wondering how long it would take Sheena to respond to that!    

It is amazing, I didn't know that  penguins snored!!!:laughing

I don't snore and to prove it I stayed awake one night to listen to myself :laugh:  :penguin  :laugh: .

Hmmmm, I am now beginning to believe that you have locked your own sanity in the cool box!!! :laughing  :laughing  :laughing

:D  Oh I thought that you did a great job describing the book.  I am heading down to the library to see if they have the books there.  BTW would you please give a Hampster Rating to your book.  Five Hampsters for outstanding, One Hampster for not great!

Thank you LifesEagle! :D  :cool:  :D

:hado  :dixie  :hampton  :fuzzy   :hado   :penguin

Five Hampsters and a penguin  :D

I'm glad you enjoy the sound of it!

I recently read "Number Ten" by the same author. I won't rate it today because I'm not on BAM, but at point point, it says that The Queen is a Natzi  :laugh:

Series: The Series of Unfortunante Events

Author: Lemony Snicket

Synopsis: The Baudelaire childrens parents have died and they must stay with new guardians in each book. They must be careful of Count Olaf, who is trying to steal the Baudelaire fortune.

Books: The Bad Beginning

The Reptile Room

The Wide Window

The Miserable Mill

The Austere Academy

The Erzats Elevator

The Vile Village

The Hostile Hospital

The Carnivorous Carnival

The Slippery Slope (New)

I give it  a  :hampton  :dixie  :hado  :fuzzy  :hampton

Read It!

Synopsis: The Baudelaire childrens parents have died and they must stay with new guardians in each book. They must be careful of Count Olaf, who is trying to steal the Baudelaire fortune.

The Reptile Room

The Wide Window

The Miserable Mill

The Austere Academy

The Erzats Elevator

The Vile Village

The Hostile Hospital

The Carnivorous Carnival

The Slippery Slope (New)

I give it  a  :hampton  :dixie  :hado  :fuzzy  :hampton

Read It!

You've read book the tenth!?! That isn't out yet! at least not in britan. Also I would like to point out that in the eight and ninth they're not with a gaurdian they are on the run from the police.

I love The Series of Unfortunate Events. Unfortunately, the Carniverous Carnival only came out a few weeks ago, so I have a long time to wait for the next one.  :sleepy:

My favouirte out of the series is The Reptile Room.  :)

Oh I thought that you did a great job describing the book.  I am heading down to the library to see if they have the books there.  BTW would you please give a Hampster Rating to your book.  Five Hampsters for outstanding, One Hampster for not great!

Thank you LifesEagle!   :cool:  :D

Five Hampsters and a penguin

I recently read "Number Ten" by the same author. I won't rate it today because I'm not on BAM, but at point point, it says that The Queen is a Natzi  :laugh:

The book store is ordering the series for me, some are out of print.  Please tell me which is the first one to read as there is no indication in the ordering process at the book store.   :D

The Reptile Room

The Wide Window

The Miserable Mill

The Austere Academy

The Erzats Elevator

The Vile Village

The Hostile Hospital

The Carnivorous Carnival

The Slippery Slope (New)

Read It!

You've read book the tenth!?! That isn't out yet! at least not in britan. Also I would like to point out that in the eight and ninth they're not with a gaurdian they are on the run from the police.

:D  So The Grim Hamster lord, you are quite a reader!!  What category of books don't you like to read???   ???

The Reptile Room

The Wide Window

The Miserable Mill

The Austere Academy

The Erzats Elevator

The Vile Village

The Hostile Hospital

The Carnivorous Carnival

The Slippery Slope (New)

Read It!

:D  Thanks MisterMusicHam.  That was great!  Would you care to comment on any other of the books that have been reviewed?  Anything to add or subtract?

The Reptile Room

The Wide Window

The Miserable Mill

The Austere Academy

The Erzats Elevator

The Vile Village

The Hostile Hospital

The Carnivorous Carnival

The Slippery Slope (New)

Read It!

ooo, u had better keep the Slippery Slope safe, or ill steal it! I :love: those books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek

The Reptile Room

The Wide Window

The Miserable Mill

The Austere Academy

The Erzats Elevator

The Vile Village

The Hostile Hospital

The Carnivorous Carnival

The Slippery Slope (New)

Read It!

:D  Thanks MisterMusicHam.  That was great!  Would you care to comment on any other of the books that have been reviewed?  Anything to add or subtract?

uhhhhhh..... i don't know. has anyone finished harry potter and the order of the pheonix? i'm only on chapter 29 8)  8)

Oh I thought that you did a great job describing the book.  I am heading down to the library to see if they have the books there.  BTW would you please give a Hampster Rating to your book.  Five Hampsters for outstanding, One Hampster for not great!

Thank you LifesEagle! :cool:  :D

The book store is ordering the series for me, some are out of print.  Please tell me which is the first one to read as there is no indication in the ordering process at the book store.   :D

They are in this order:

Adrian Mole aged 13 and three quarters

The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole

The True Confessions of Adrian Albert Mole (and Susan Lillian Townsend)

Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years

Adrian Mole: The Cappuccino Years

They are out of print? That's unusual. At Amazon.com, you can read the first few pages. The American covers are certainly different to ours.  :D

I really, REALLY enjoyed them when I read them. Never has a book made me laugh so much, ever. The Cappuccino Years will always be my favourite... so, so funny...

Oh I thought that you did a great job describing the book.  I am heading down to the library to see if they have the books there.  BTW would you please give a Hampster Rating to your book.  Five Hampsters for outstanding, One Hampster for not great!

Thank you LifesEagle!  

The book store is ordering the series for me, some are out of print.  Please tell me which is the first one to read as there is no indication in the ordering process at the book store.  

They are in this order:

They are out of print? That's unusual. At Amazon.com, you can read the first few pages. The American covers are certainly different to ours.

I really, REALLY enjoyed them when I read them. Never has a book made me laugh so much, ever. The Cappuccino Years will always be my favourite... so, so funny...

:D  Thank you!!!  :D

Oh I thought that you did a great job describing the book.  I am heading down to the library to see if they have the books there.  BTW would you please give a Hampster Rating to your book.  Five Hampsters for outstanding, One Hampster for not great!

Thank you LifesEagle! 

The book store is ordering the series for me, some are out of print.  Please tell me which is the first one to read as there is no indication in the ordering process at the book store.  

They are in this order:

They are out of print? That's unusual. At Amazon.com, you can read the first few pages. The American covers are certainly different to ours.

:D  Thank you!!!  :D

You are very welcome - once again, I hope you enjoy them!  :D

I know someone on this board who DOESN'T like them, though  :P

• 2 weeks later...
:eek you people scare me! I am going to hide in my mini little shoe box and chew on it!

Oh cloudbabykc, please do not say that we scare you! :(    Why do you say that?

We would like to welcome you to HampsterDance Boards!  You will find lots of very nice people and become friends with many.  We hope that you will wander around and read lots of posts everywhere and please post your opinions and thoughts.  By posting, we get to know you.  

Hopefully you will stay here long enough for us to not scare you anymore.

:love:

:logo

The Book: Series of Unfortunate Events

The Auther: Lemony Snicket

The 411: Its a great book, it reminds me of my 2 fav. books, (series i mean) harry potter; by J.K.Rowling ; and Artimis Fowl (sme1 alredy recomed that book) Its about 3 children, Violet, Klaus, and Sunny. They are the Bualrdaire children who in the 1st book become the Bualdaire orphans when Mr. Poe; a good familly friend with the Bualdaire parents, and the head of the city bank, tells them on the beach that their parents and house was burned down, and their parents had died. I cant tell you about it anymore, or ill spoil the book! But, all the other books (so far all i know about is 10 books, i heard there is 13) are about their struggles, because Count Olaf, (youll find out more in the 1st book) wanted to get the Bualdaire fortune, and the books talk about how the Buarldaire orphans out-smart Count Olaf, (though i dont know the end; im only on the 3rd one) and his sneaky plans and disguises to grab the fortune.

My Rate:  :fuzzy  :hampton  :dixie  :hado  :logo id give it a definite 5 hampster, and a duoble thumbs!

The Book: Series of Unfortunate Events

The Auther: Lemony Snicket

The 411: Its a great book, it reminds me of my 2 fav. books, (series i mean) harry potter; by J.K.Rowling ; and Artimis Fowl (sme1 alredy recomed that book) Its about 3 children, Violet, Klaus, and Sunny. They are the Bualrdaire children who in the 1st book become the Bualdaire orphans when Mr. Poe; a good familly friend with the Bualdaire parents, and the head of the city bank, tells them on the beach that their parents and house was burned down, and their parents had died. I cant tell you about it anymore, or ill spoil the book! But, all the other books (so far all i know about is 10 books, i heard there is 13) are about their struggles, because Count Olaf, (youll find out more in the 1st book) wanted to get the Bualdaire fortune, and the books talk about how the Buarldaire orphans out-smart Count Olaf, (though i dont know the end; im only on the 3rd one) and his sneaky plans and disguises to grab the fortune.

My Rate:  :fuzzy  :hampton  :dixie  :hado  :logo id give it a definite 5 hampster, and a duoble thumbs!

They're good aren't they? I am really desprate for the book the tenth to come out.

They're good aren't they? I am really desprate for the book the tenth to come out.

The British will have to wait together  :P

The bookstore called yesterday and let me know that my Artemis Fowl books have arrived!  I am excited about this!

When we went on holiday to Devon this summer, there was a little bookshop in the village where we stayed. As my friend and I browsed, we found a signed copy of Artemis Fowl!  :upside:

The bookstore called yesterday and let me know that my Artemis Fowl books have arrived!  I am excited about this!

When we went on holiday to Devon this summer, there was a little bookshop in the village where we stayed. As my friend and I browsed, we found a signed copy of Artemis Fowl!  :upside:

:D  It would be great to have a signed copy instead of one of the ones I am buying.  Did you buy it? Are signed books really expensive?  ???

:D  It would be great to have a signed copy instead of one of the ones I am buying.  Did you buy it? Are signed books really expensive?  ???

It would indeed. No, I already have a copy, and it was about £15 for a paperback when I have the hardback. I spent on money on "The Diary of a Nobody" instead. :D

Yes, they are generally woth more.

The British will have to wait together  :P

We always have to wait. :(  oh well at least we get the ROTK at the same time as everyone else (excluding the Kiwi's who have already seen it!)

Oh well! As I said, we'll all wait together.

Yes, that's a good thing. Though we should be getting it first, as Tolkein was British  :D

We always have to wait. :(  oh well at least we get the ROTK at the same time as everyone else (excluding the Kiwi's who have already seen it!)

Yes, that's a good thing. Though we should be getting it first, as Tolkein was British  :D

Talking of Tolkien, did either of you see the Big Read final  a couple of hours ago.  Out of the top 5 most popular books 4 were fantasy and guess what won?

The Lord of the Rings. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:penguin  :cool:  :penguin !

This is how the Big Read results should have been:

1st: LOTR trilogy

2nd: Hitchhickers guide to the Galaxy

3rd:His Dark Materials

4th:1984

5th:H.Potter

The reason Miss.Austen's book isn't in their is because all of her books need to be burnt. They are only good for firewood(paper)

Talking of Tolkien, did either of you see the Big Read final a couple of hours ago.  Out of the top 5 most popular books 4 were fantasy and guess what won?

The Lord of the Rings. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

The reason Miss.Austen's book isn't in their is because all of her books need to be burnt. They are only good for firewood(paper)

Oh Miss Austen would not like to hear your words about her book.

Interesting that you have George Orwell's book as #4.  I liked that book!

Talking of Tolkien, did either of you see the Big Read final a couple of hours ago.  Out of the top 5 most popular books 4 were fantasy and guess what won?

True but she is currently dead isn't she?

The reason Artemis Fowl didn't get in was because he was in 6th with the Alex Rider books follwoing in 7th. The excellent Jane Eyre rolls in at eight with several other good books such as To kill a mockingbird and Rebecca following on.

Ok... Im here to evaluate Hogfather by Terry Pratchett, (my god.)

Unsure how to layout this, I'm just going to wing it. (too lazy to find out.)

title: Hogfather

author: Terry Pratchett

Rating: 5 hamsters. (assuming its out of 5.)

Review: Let yourself be whisked off into this bold take on christmas and Santa Clause, a Discworld book featuring the ever loved Death (personified,) Susan, Albert (Death's assistant,) and of course, the Death of Rats. Introducing for the first time, the Veruuca Gnome (you've heard of the tooth fairy, right?), the GINGLEGINGLEGINGLE fairy, and the Oh God of Hangovers. Hogswatch is upon the Discworld, and the Hogfather is missing! But someone else is climbing down chimneys and scaring belief into Disc children...

HO, HO, HO....

Brilliant. Pratchett at his best. (Wait... pratchett at his best? why, that would be... all the time!) One of my all-time Discworld faves. One I love to read again and again. The perfect thing to get you in that holiday spirit.

Review: Let yourself be whisked off into this bold take on christmas and Santa Clause, a Discworld book featuring the ever loved Death (personified,) Susan, Albert (Death's assistant,) and of course, the Death of Rats. Introducing for the first time, the Veruuca Gnome (you've heard of the tooth fairy, right?), the GINGLEGINGLEGINGLE fairy, and the Oh God of Hangovers. Hogswatch is upon the Discworld, and the Hogfather is missing! But someone else is climbing down chimneys and scaring belief into Disc children...

HO, HO, HO....

Brilliant. Pratchett at his best. (Wait... pratchett at his best? why, that would be... all the time!) One of my all-time Discworld faves. One I love to read again and again. The perfect thing to get you in that holiday spirit.

I liked this book. Then again I love the books which have death in.

Sorry I've been away for a while....

I FINISHED HARRY POTTER FIVE!!!!

Title: Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

Author: J.K. Rowling

Rating:  :hampton  :dixie  :hado  :fuzzy  :hampton

Synopsis: harry at his fifth year at hogwarts. there is a new defense against the dark arts teacher who is a woman. the new quidditch keeper in gryffindor is.....(read it to find out). plus, someone will die! but you must read it! also you find out why voldemort wants to kill harry and why he didn't die when he was a baby.

there is also some other books that I think are very funny, even though I have not read them yet. Barry Trotter. by Michael Gerber. there is Barry Trotter and the Unauthorized Parody and Barry Trooter and the Unessesary Sequel.

GIVE A HOOT......READ

My favorite book, no, books are animorphs, got to be

:hampton  :hado  :dixie  :fuzzy  :hampton

They are EXELLENT.

They are 5 kids that meets an alien called an andanalite that gives them the power to morph. All u have 2 do is touch an animal and u can become it whenever u wish.  But the reason why it happens is because of yeerks, parasetic aliens, if 1 enters ur head it moves ur arms, tilts ur head, even talks the words it wants 2 say and u can't move even a finger.  But over 3 days without any kandrona rays and it dies.  If u stay in morph 4 over 2 hours u stay in that body 4ever.  The 5 kids attack the yeerks and just about stay alive.  In 1 book they find a different andanalite- Ax (Aximili-Esgarroth-Isthill)- younger brother of the andanalite who gave them the morphing power.

U ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!BECKY4GOLDIE!!

I love animorphs 2!     They r sooooooo cool! I have read 52 1/2 out of 54. the reason for the 1/2 is because one day i went 2 barnes&noble (a bookstore) and started reading one (i forget what number or name it is) and then my parents said i had to go home and i couldnt buy the book and i never found it again!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

btw, the book was the one whaere ax morphs a guy in uniform.....its where they meet visser 2.

the other one is #54....THE Beginning. they have it at my local library....ive actully held it!....lol....but even though i read all the others in the wrong order, i am saving the last book 4 last. I just HAVE 2 FIND  that other book!!!!!! Every time i go 2 barnes&noble or any other bookstore, i cant find it........I'm GOING MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

(sry)

So, i give animorphs a 5-hampster rating.   (1 4 jake, 1 4 rachel, 1 4 Cassie, 1 4 Marco, & 1 4 Tobias)

if u havent read animorphs, those are the five kids.....even though you cant really consider tobias a real kid bcuz he got stuck in red tailed hawk morph but then the ellimist gave him the power 2 morph back, and he can morph back 2 himself, but basically he's a hawk and..............im babbling. so sry.

g2g!    

ps.   my first animorph book was #4, The Message, where Cassie morphs a dolphin.

pps. u have 2 read this series! it is so good!!!

ppps. did i see another doglover? something smells strange... 8)  ???  8)

MY ratings on a few books:

And Then There Were None: Good mystery, no final ending

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (book and movie) Do I need say? lol

The Dark Is Rising Series: Good vs Evil, British style book

The Left Behind Series: 2 different versions: Kids and Adults

MY ratings on a few books:

And Then There Were None: Good mystery, no final ending

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (book and movie) Do I need say? lol

The Dark Is Rising Series: Good vs Evil, British style book

The Left Behind Series: 2 different versions: Kids and Adults

Glad to hear your about your books.  Please give them a 1 (worst) to 5 (best) Hampster rating.  Thanks!!

Ello my darlings;

book: Fall on Your Knees

author: Ann-Marie MacDonald

Rating: 5 hampsters

Synopsis: Fall on Your Knees is a captivating novel, set in Canada's own, Cape Breton. It whisks you away through the 1900's, WWII, and the swinging jazz of New York, New York. It takes you into the lives of the four Piper sisters, Kathleen, Mercedes, Frances and Lily. This small family goes through more hardships than some small nations! Its difficult to give a synopsis of this book in a short paragraph. It would take me quite a generous post to explain the whole book, which is why I invite anyone who can read to pick up this book. Through reading reviews, I found that people either love it, or hate it. Its dark, filled with deception, incest, lies, and unspoken truths. And yet its heartwarming, funny, and a most worthwhile read. Beautiful writing, and cudos to MacDonald on an excellent debut novel.

Love always,

Kep

IN regards to my review on Ann-Marie Macdonald's "Fall on Your Knees," I would like very much to share my review, which I wrote. Though it is v. similar to my one here, it tells a bit more about the story without giving away too much to potential readers.

love always,

Kep

i like anne mccaffrey's series on pern and i like her crystal singer books.

i also like peirs anthony's incarnationseries where the major themes are pesonified.

the first book, death is personified by zane.

the 2nd book, time is personified.

3rd, fate. well, two aspects, anyway. both by the same woman, orb. then, of course, comes the fourth, in which war is represented by mym. he's part berserker.

the fifth is nature. gaea is orb's mom, i think.

the fifth and sixth are done by a different book company because they are god and satan.

book 5=satan or evil, by a corrupted monk.

and book six, the final one, a dead girl becomes the incarnation of good. God.

jesusfreak, dont go off. i read it from a christian's perspective, and a reader's perspective. both sides were a good read!

i definitely give this series a five hamsters! and a two thumbs up. i highly reccomend that you read each of these novellas. (short novel.) six in all, this is a great addition to any home library!

oh, yeah, i also like jean m auel.

there are six books in her "Earth's Children" series, where a girl named Ayla is raised by neanderthals, in that day called flatheads by cromagnun (upright, like today's humans.) in the second book, she is kicked out of her clan, the clan of the cave bear, also the title of the first book, and she meets up with jondalar. oh, yeah, she also finds a valley of horses, the title of the second book. in the third book, they find the mammoth hunters, the mamutoi, and the mammoth hunters is the title there. in the fourth book, the plains of passage, ayla and jondalar travel to jondalars home, the zelandonii. on the way, ayla ends up saving jondalar's life a few times. the fifth book, the shelters of stone, is when ayla and jondalar reach the zelandonii, and ayla meets other cro territories. (cro, for cromagnun) she also has a baby.

the sixth book isnt finished yet, i dont even know the title. but its the final in the series, and i cant wait. i give each of these series five hamsters! i hope you read them!

True but she is currently dead isn't she?

The reason Artemis Fowl didn't get in was because he was in 6th with the Alex Rider books follwoing in 7th. The excellent Jane Eyre rolls in at eight with several other good books such as To kill a mockingbird and Rebecca following on.

Well you know what I mean...

if she was alive, she wouldn't like to hear you say that.

HO, HO, HO....

This is a book to be put on my list!  Thank you for that!  I will let you know when I have read it!  

:D  :D  :D

Sorry I've been away for a while....

I FINISHED HARRY POTTER FIVE!!!!

Title: Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

Author: J.K. Rowling

Rating:  :hampton  :dixie  :hado  :fuzzy  :hampton

Synopsis: harry at his fifth year at hogwarts. there is a new defense against the dark arts teacher who is a woman. the new quidditch keeper in gryffindor is.....(read it to find out). plus, someone will die! but you must read it! also you find out why voldemort wants to kill harry and why he didn't die when he was a baby.

there is also some other books that I think are very funny, even though I have not read them yet. Barry Trotter. by Michael Gerber. there is Barry Trotter and the Unauthorized Parody and Barry Trooter and the Unessesary Sequel.

GIVE A HOOT......READ

Glad you are back and thank you for the review!

Please do stop back and stay awhile!!!   :D  :D  :D

My favorite book, no, books are animorphs, got to be

:hampton  :hado  :dixie  :fuzzy  :hampton

They are EXELLENT.

They are 5 kids that meets an alien called an andanalite that gives them the power to morph. All u have 2 do is touch an animal and u can become it whenever u wish.  But the reason why it happens is because of yeerks, parasetic aliens, if 1 enters ur head it moves ur arms, tilts ur head, even talks the words it wants 2 say and u can't move even a finger.  But over 3 days without any kandrona rays and it dies.  If u stay in morph 4 over 2 hours u stay in that body 4ever.  The 5 kids attack the yeerks and just about stay alive.  In 1 book they find a different andanalite- Ax (Aximili-Esgarroth-Isthill)- younger brother of the andanalite who gave them the morphing power.

Would you please tell me the author?  

Thanks!!!    :D  :D  :D

Ello my darlings;

book: Fall on Your Knees

author: Ann-Marie MacDonald

Rating: 5 hampsters

Synopsis: Fall on Your Knees is a captivating novel, set in Canada's own, Cape Breton. It whisks you away through the 1900's, WWII, and the swinging jazz of New York, New York. It takes you into the lives of the four Piper sisters, Kathleen, Mercedes, Frances and Lily. This small family goes through more hardships than some small nations! Its difficult to give a synopsis of this book in a short paragraph. It would take me quite a generous post to explain the whole book, which is why I invite anyone who can read to pick up this book. Through reading reviews, I found that people either love it, or hate it. Its dark, filled with deception, incest, lies, and unspoken truths. And yet its heartwarming, funny, and a most worthwhile read. Beautiful writing, and cudos to MacDonald on an excellent debut novel.

Love always,

Kep

Oohhh, this is another book to add to my list!  Thank you!!!   :D  :D

IN regards to my review on Ann-Marie Macdonald's "Fall on Your Knees," I would like very much to share my review, which I wrote. Though it is v. similar to my one here, it tells a bit more about the story without giving away too much to potential readers.

love always,

Kep

We appreciate all reviews.  They help when deciding whether to read that book or not.  Thanks!   :D

i like anne mccaffrey's series on pern and i like her crystal singer books.

i also like peirs anthony's incarnationseries where the major themes are pesonified.

the first book, death is personified by zane.

the 2nd book, time is personified.

3rd, fate. well, two aspects, anyway. both by the same woman, orb. then, of course, comes the fourth, in which war is represented by mym. he's part berserker.

the fifth is nature. gaea is orb's mom, i think.

the fifth and sixth are done by a different book company because they are god and satan.

book 5=satan or evil, by a corrupted monk.

and book six, the final one, a dead girl becomes the incarnation of good. God.

jesusfreak, dont go off. i read it from a christian's perspective, and a reader's perspective. both sides were a good read!

i definitely give this series a five hamsters! and a two thumbs up. i highly reccomend that you read each of these novellas. (short novel.) six in all, this is a great addition to any home library!

oh, yeah, i also like jean m auel.

there are six books in her "Earth's Children" series, where a girl named Ayla is raised by neanderthals, in that day called flatheads by cromagnun (upright, like today's humans.) in the second book, she is kicked out of her clan, the clan of the cave bear, also the title of the first book, and she meets up with jondalar. oh, yeah, she also finds a valley of horses, the title of the second book. in the third book, they find the mammoth hunters, the mamutoi, and the mammoth hunters is the title there. in the fourth book, the plains of passage, ayla and jondalar travel to jondalars home, the zelandonii. on the way, ayla ends up saving jondalar's life a few times. the fifth book, the shelters of stone, is when ayla and jondalar reach the zelandonii, and ayla meets other cro territories. (cro, for cromagnun) she also has a baby.

the sixth book isnt finished yet, i dont even know the title. but its the final in the series, and i cant wait. i give each of these series five hamsters! i hope you read them!

More books to read....great!!!!  You all are going to keep me very busy!!!

Good thing that I can read at work!!  Lucky me!!!!!  

(Except when I leave a library book somewhere, then it usually costs me an arm and a leg!)  

Has anyone done a Redwall book?Heres one right now!

Redwall:I give it...... :fuzzy  :hampton  :hado  :dixie  :fuzzy !

It is a very good book aout a abbey that is under the attack of Cluny the Scourge!It was written by Brian Jacques.One of my fav. writers! :D

Redwall:I give it...... :fuzzy  :hampton  :hado  :dixie  :fuzzy !

It is a very good book aout a abbey that is under the attack of Cluny the Scourge!It was written by Brian Jacques.One of my fav. writers! :D

Have you got Triss? The latest book in the Redwall series or how about The Taggerung?

This sounds wonderful!  I had not read a Redwall book, but I have added that to my list!  I just bought some of the Animorphs books today from a used book store near my house.   :D  :D  :D

Have you got Triss? The latest book in the Redwall series or how about The Taggerung?

How many Redwall books are there and which one is the first book   to start with? ???  ???  ???

No .Currently I've only read 2 books in the series.But I am going to read them all. :)

I would like to meet some other people who like HP.Anyone out there?

*Hopes there is*

This sounds wonderful!  I had not read a Redwall book, but I have added that to my list!  I just bought some of the Animorphs books today from a used book store near my house.   :D  :D  :D

I'm glad I am getting you to read it. :)

peirs anthony's books are interesting and a wonderful read.

for future reference: Xanth looks like Florida.

there is even Lake Ogrechobee.

the rest of the world is Mundania.

cute?

Hey Hogwarts Hampster, Just 2 let u know, i like hp too, so ur not the only 1.

Thats very comforting to know.Would you like to be on moi buddy list.Quite fine with me if you don't. :)

peirs anthony's books,are interesting and a wonderful read.

cute?

and florida looks like Korea, the cherbourg penninsula, that penninsula where Kwala Lumpa is... etc. etc. etc.

Do you have any Korea author's that you would suggest that we read?  

???  ???  ???

On your next visit to Korea, see if there are some great books that you might want to suggest to the Book Club.

No .Currently I've only read 2 books in the series.But I am going to read them all. :)

now I've read 4.

peirs anthony's books, are interesting and a wonderful read.

cute?

and florida looks like Korea, the cherbourg penninsula, that penninsula where Kwala Lumpa is... etc. etc. etc.

Do you have any Korea author's that you would suggest that we read?  

???  ???  ???

On your next visit to Korea, see if there are some great books that you might want to suggest to the Book Club.

None that have translations.

I will but I went before I joined HD and the next time we are going is well into 2006. We would be going this year but a certain president is stopping us going until all terrorist threats are gone and even if we were able to go through all his security checks and we're able to go they are charging huge amounts of money just to fly over American airspace. However if I haven't forgotten about it I will look for some good Korean author's. If I were native I could tell you some straight off my head but I'm not so.. *shrug*

• 2 weeks later...

wheel of time!!

by Robert Jordan

okay well this is a seris of books and the average number of pages per book is about 800. there are 10 books 1 prequel, and a guide. so heres a "basic summary"

setting:midevil, a conntinent called by most readers Randland.

main characters.

Rand Al' thor

matrim caouthon

Perrin Aybara

Egwene Vere

Nynaeve al mere

Al' Lan Mandragonarb

Moraine Sedia

Elayne Trankard

Avienda

Min

Falie Aybara ti Bashere

there are many more characters but those are the most important

summary

Rand al' Thor has never been outside of the Emond's Feild in his life, but when evil trollocs and Myradrall attack his town strange things start to happen. a magical Aes Sedia appears in the town and tells rand and his friends that they are Ta'avern, this means that all of time and space shapes itself around them. rand and his friends flee the city led by Moraine the magical aes sedia. Eventully rand learns that he is the Dragon Reborn, a man who is to save the entire world and crush it at the same time. all fear him and he must fight the dark one, an evil force in "Randland" Rand knows that he will kill everyone close to him, becasue Lews Therin, the man that rand is reborn was called kinslayer did just that, rand must unite nations and bribe leaders all while learning the magical source that he is now able to touch.

wheel of time!!

by Robert Jordan

okay well this is a seris of books and the average number of pages per book is about 800. there are 10 books 1 prequel, and a guide. so heres a "basic summary"

main characters.

Rand Al' thor

matrim caouthon

Perrin Aybara

Egwene Vere

Nynaeve al mere

Al' Lan Mandragonarb

Moraine Sedia

Elayne Trankard

Avienda

Min

Falie Aybara ti Bashere

summary

Rand al' Thor has never been outside of the Emond's Feild in his life, but when evil trollocs and Myradrall attack his town strange things start to happen. a magical Aes Sedia appears in the town and tells rand and his friends that they are Ta'avern, this means that all of time and space shapes itself around them. rand and his friends flee the city led by Moraine the magical aes sedia. Eventully rand learns that he is the Dragon Reborn, a man who is to save the entire world and crush it at the same time. all fear him and he must fight the dark one, an evil force in "Randland" Rand knows that he will kill everyone close to him, becasue Lews Therin, the man that rand is reborn was called kinslayer did just that, rand must unite nations and bribe leaders all while learning the magical source that he is now able to touch.

This is great!  I will have to read these!

BTW did you have a Hampster rating???  One for worst to five for best!

• 2 weeks later...
wheel of time!!

by Robert Jordan

main characters.

Rand Al' thor

matrim caouthon

Perrin Aybara

Egwene Vere

Nynaeve al mere

Al' Lan Mandragonarb

Moraine Sedia

Elayne Trankard

Avienda

Min

Falie Aybara ti Bashere

summary

This is great!  I will have to read these!

BTW did you have a Hampster rating???  One for worst to five for best!

My order at the bookstore came in and I have picked a bunch of books up.  It will be great to start reading them.  Thanks to all of you who have given me suggestions.  Violagirl, I am starting with your suggestion first.  Then some more from the animorph group.

I've also just read:

Title - His dark materials trilogy

Author - Philip Pullman

Hampster rating - 5 Hampsters

This trilogy recently came in the top five of a Nationwide pole as to the country's favourite book.  Having read it, I see why.

It makes use of the multiple universe theory and is very, very gripping.  It follows the epic story of Lyra, a girl abandoned as a baby by her parents at an Oxford college, but this is Oxford on another planet.  At first it looks like she will destroy God, but you come to realise that this is not the case.  The Church in her planet is afraid of Dust, which turns out to be concious thought.  Anyway, I don't want to give too much away, but it is certainly well worth the read :penguin  :sleepy:  :penguin .

that Trilogy is one of teh best in the world. It is brilliant, spectacular and I think that the Big Read made a mess of teh results. Oh just wait I've said that.

I've also just read:

Author - Philip Pullman

This trilogy recently came in the top five of a Nationwide pole as to the country's favourite book.  Having read it, I see why.

It makes use of the multiple universe theory and is very, very gripping.  It follows the epic story of Lyra, a girl abandoned as a baby by her parents at an Oxford college, but this is Oxford on another planet.  At first it looks like she will destroy God, but you come to realise that this is not the case.  The Church in her planet is afraid of Dust, which turns out to be concious thought.  Anyway, I don't want to give too much away, but it is certainly well worth the read.

that Trilogy is one of teh best in the world. It is brilliant, spectacular and I think that the Big Read made a mess of teh results. Oh just wait I've said that.

Yes you did, but one comment that was made was that the other four in the top five have all been made into films/TV shows and that 'they' think that some of the people who voted did so from what they had seen on screen rather than through having read the books.  If that really is true, I think it shows the power of His Dark Materials in getting into the top five.

BTW did you cry at all?  I did, in one place in book two and twice in book three.  I won't say what about here as it would give the plot away if anyone is reading them, but perhaps you can guess.

What did you think of Mrs Coulter?  As bad as she was, I really got the feeling that she did love her daughter.

I agree, LOTR was very unheard of in the younger ages groups up until the film came out (I knew about it though. I read the whole thing in Year 6). However The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy was one book that I didn't know got into a film. HP shouldn't have even got into teh top 21, at one point I might have said differently but now that I have looked at some of the very poular books, I can see where she got her ideas from. The invisibility cloak was taken from LOTR where they have the elven cloaks. Yes I agree His Dark Materials probably would have won if it weren't for two things 1) the other books had their own film versions

2) Religous people like to use it as toilet paper.

I cried in places, some pieces were very moving.

I got that feeling as well. Though she did have me thinking where her loyalties were right up until she [can't put this bit in ruins the plot] at the end.

I've also just read:

Author - Philip Pullman

This trilogy recently came in the top five of a Nationwide pole as to the country's favourite book.  Having read it, I see why.

It makes use of the multiple universe theory and is very, very gripping.  It follows the epic story of Lyra, a girl abandoned as a baby by her parents at an Oxford college, but this is Oxford on another planet.  At first it looks like she will destroy God, but you come to realise that this is not the case.  The Church in her planet is afraid of Dust, which turns out to be concious thought.  Anyway, I don't want to give too much away, but it is certainly well worth the read.

Yes you did, but one comment that was made was that the other four in the top five have all been made into films/TV shows and that 'they' think that some of the people who voted did so from what they had seen on screen rather than through having read the books.  If that really is true, I think it shows the power of His Dark Materials in getting into the top five.

BTW did you cry at all?  I did, in one place in book two and twice in book three.  I won't say what about here as it would give the plot away if anyone is reading them, but perhaps you can guess.

What did you think of Mrs Coulter?  As bad as she was, I really got the feeling that she did love her daughter.

I agree, LOTR was very unheard of in the younger ages groups up until the film came out (I knew about it though. I read the whole thing in Year 6). However The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy was one book that I didn't know got into a film. HP shouldn't have even got into teh top 21, at one point I might have said differently but now that I have looked at some of the very poular books, I can see where she got her ideas from. The invisibility cloak was taken from LOTR where they have the elven cloaks. Yes I agree His Dark Materials probably would have won if it weren't for two things 1) the other books had their own film versions

2) Religous people like to use it as toilet paper.

I cried in places, some pieces were very moving.

I got that feeling as well. Though she did have me thinking where her loyalties were right up until she [can't put this bit in ruins the plot] at the end.

I really enjoyed The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I read the Hoobit first, it was alright but certainly it didn't have the capturing Drama of LOTR.

have you seen any repeats of it?

That's intresting. In the Big Read there was that stupid idiot who kept saying that it was Douglas's friends work not Douglas's. That just really Pd me off.

It is really quite disgusting that she can't even comeup with some ideas. THere is only one thing I can say about it. It got small kids back into reading (her books)

The Outsiders, best book.

Cow, thank you for recommending a book.  Would you please let us know the author (if you know it) give it an hampster rating (1 for not so good to 5 for best) and then kind of a brief review.  I would like to hear a little bit about it to know whether or not I would like to go read it.

Please review more books!!!  I love to read!

1984...that was a weird/good book. You should read it if you haven't.

When I was in school, I read 1984.  When the actual year arrived on the calendar, I made a point of reading it again.  It was really enlightening to read it again so many years later.

As for the typo have you noticed how Horatio always preys on them.!

Why yes... BP!  You know that old saying...

You snooze, you lose!!!!!!

BTW, thanks for the LAFTA. I hadn't received any for a while and my LAFTA low level light was illuminated! :eek

*runs to kitchen cabinet, checks coffee supply*

Oh good... now I can type forever!!!

As for the typo have you noticed how Horatio always preys on them.!

Why yes... BP!  You know that old saying...

You snooze, you lose!!!!!!

BTW,thanks for the LAFTA. I hadn't received any for a while.

*runs to kitchen cabinet, checks coffee supply*

Oh good... now I can type forever!!!

Ummmmmmmmmm, obviously the effects of too much caffine, you posted that twice!

Have you found all the other LAFTAs you've won?

Anyway pleased you found my little pun funny!

*checks coffee level again*  

Caffeine?  Who has a problem with caffeine?

*mods a couple of posts...gets in wheel and runs, runs and runs, mods a couple of more posts, runs in wheel, posts a few posts, drinks coffee out of water bottle, runs, posts some more*

Caffeine?  Not me!!!  

This is decaf!

You should read some of the Garfield cartoons on the effects of caffine  .

Garfield, Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side

These are my heros!!!!!!  

There are a couple of others that I read, but I don't want to give too much away!!!

Heres a review of my friend,Paul Owen Lewis,book. He illustrated it also. Please read the book, it's called "Davy's Dream"

This story is about a boy who dreams about sailing with wild orca's and wakes up to go sailing on his boat with them.

He see's them but as soon as they see him they go dive.

He is sad and heads back to the mean men who told him he would never fullfill his dream.

He is shocked with the idea of painting a boat like an orca, the shape fits perfectly with a sail boat.

It looks like a orca swimming upside down.

He sails with his newly painted boat and then....

You'll have to read it to learn more! Now run to the nearest book store and make my friend some $!...I mean see what happens with Davy, and the whales!

This book is called "Frog Girl", a native american folktale that my friend,Paul Owen Lewis(the author), put together using bits and peices of other native american folktales.

This is an award winner and will never leave ur heart!

A indian girl loves hearing the frogs sing, but one day 2 foolish boys go and put all the frogs in a basket, they will soon die.

She sobs and hears a voice rising from the ground. It was the only left frog.

The frog asks her to follow her into the lake and there is a underground frog kingdome. The frog turns into a green human with a frog's skin.

They go to the frog ladys grandmothers and she is mad her children will surely die, the young indian sets off to rescue the frogs...

Go to ur bookstore and read the ending!

• 4 weeks later...
Because of Winn Dixie!! That book gets 5!!

Smile, picture taken! :eek

???   Winn Dixie....  The grocery store??   ???

Say cheese... your picture has now been taken!!!

The book is about a dog!!! I don't remember a grocery store!!

Smile, picture taken  :eek

Down here in Florida, we have a chain of grocery stores called Winn Dixie!

Would you please maybe add a bit of a review to your book so that I could get an idea of whether or not I should like to read it.  Also, if you have any idea of the author's name, that also would be great!

Sorry about the confusion, I must be thinking of dinner.

• 2 weeks later...
ok...i read a really REALLY good book. i read it in two days...and it usually takes me a long time to finish a book, i was hooked.  It's called  ' Not As Crazy As I Seem '  . It's about this kid who has OCD and when he moves to a new town...and...well, just read it is really funny and kinda sad at the same time...yeah, it's really good. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Title: The Hangman's Curse

By: Frank Peretti

Rate: 5

Why: Because this is a really good book about how God can change lives and what's really going on in schools. And how people separate everyone in different groups, goth, prep, punk, artsy, so on. They made a movie, it's awesome, but they made it into a better soutable form for a movie.

Title: Nightmare academy

By: Frank Peretti

Why: It shows how the love for God is real, and that God will be with you forever, in any situation. And also that there is only on truth. And there is only on right way. either/or is what the coach uses saying that both thoughts can be right, WRONG!!

Title: Holes

By:Louis Sachar

Why: This book you just keep reading, and reading, and reading!! It talks about bullying and stuff. it takes place in Texas and Shia LaBeouf is in it, so it rocks. But shia is still mine.....

Title: Jennie McGrady 1-15

By: Patricia H. Rushford

Rate: 5 (ok, I love books!)

Why: Great Christian teen books! It shows the love towards the Lord in any situation. Jennie is a seventeen and loves mysteries. But sometimes she thinks more about the problem, not her safty. Between a coma, a broken arm, being taking hostage several times, nearly being killed, kiddnapped, jennie does it all!!

• 1 month later...

Down here in Florida, we have a chain of grocery stores called Winn Dixie!

Would you please maybe add a bit of a review to your book so that I could get an idea of whether or not I should like to read it.  Also, if you have any idea of the author's name, that also would be great!

Sorry about the confusion, I must be thinking of dinner.

oh, oh! I remeber going to a winn dixie grocery store in FL! I bought a bouncy ball from the quarter machine. ok,ok I know, I remember stupid things :sleepy:

• 2 weeks later...

i read a really good book. It's called  "Teen Angst?....Nah"

its really funny, this kid Ned Vizzini wrote it...he started writing it for school but it turned into a book. It tells his story of him starting in middle school and ending in high school. I would recomend. its good. go read it...hehe ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Moby Dick

heman melville

interesting book, regarded by many as a great work of literature,

I especially liked the way ahab overlooked the hazards of his occupation, in the depths of his obsession.

also a great opening line:

"call me ishmael"

I highly reccomend an unabridged edition.

:hado  :dixie  :fuzzy  :hampton

Moby Dick

heman melville

interesting book, regarded by many as a great work of literature,

I especially liked the way ahab overlooked the hazards of his occupation, in the depths of his obsession.

also a great opening line:

"call me ishmael"

I highly reccomend an unabridged edition.

:hado  :dixie  :fuzzy  :hampton

Oh I love Moby Dick.

Have you ever read Jonathan Livingston Seagull?

Name:well, there is a whole series so i'll just write the names of the books that are out in the U.S., and you peoples can just tell me which sounds most interesting. Please reply!

1)Cirque Du Freak:

:(4 hampsters)

2)The vampires Assistant : (4 hampsters)

3)Tunnels of Blood:my favorite! :o  : (5 hampsters)

4)Vampire mountain: my favorite character, Kurda, comes in in this book : (5)

5)Trials of Death:when I reread this book I always say "why, Kurda, why?"  : (5)

6)The Vampire Prince: warning: it is SAD  : (5)

7)Hunters of the Dusk: : (4)

• 2 weeks later...

Book:Bunnicula Strikes Back

Author:James Howe

Genre:Comedy/Action/Horror

Comments:This book is about a cat, two dogs, and a bunny.The cat, whose name is Chester, beleives that the bunny, whose name is Bunnicula, to be a vampire.The cat and two dogs do all sorts of crazy and hilairious things to stop bunnicula's reign of terror.There are other book in the series starting with Bunnicula: A Rabbit Tale of Mystery.

You should read some of the Garfield cartoons on the effects of caffine  .

Garfield, Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side

These are my heros!!!!!!  

There are a couple of others that I read, but I don't want to give too much away!!!

Calvin and Hobbes rocks!

About "Because of Winn-Dixie" (its by Kate DiCamillo) there was a dog named Winn-Dixie and the dog was named that because they girl who owns it found it in the Winn-Dixie grocery store. Hope that clears things up!

BTW, "Because of Winn-Dixie" is being made into a movie. (at least in the US i dont know about the UK or anywhere else)

bye! ---Dog Lover---

• 3 weeks later...
I remember that you asked me for some Korean books to reccomend Horatio. Well here is one by an Author called SamBakZa, called Hot Fish. It is tale of northern korea today. With Death, Romance and Fish Bread! (I lurrve fish bread)

Thank you so very much!   :D

I remember that you asked me for some Korean books to reccomend Horatio. Well here is one by an Author called SamBakZa, called Hot Fish. It is tale of northern korea today. With Death, Romance and Fish Bread! (I lurrve fish bread)

Thank you so very much!   :D

Arg! How am I meant to tell them about the flash cartoon if you won't let me?

• 3 months later...
Life of Pi by Yann Martel

interesting take on the lifeboat survival theme, the ending introduced some interesting questions, {5}

Thanks! I will go to the library today and take it out.

Right now I am reading a Kevin Phillips book called American Dynasty. It is about the Bush family. A very tough book to read because there are so many people, names, places, dates that I have to read and reread some passages a few times.

• 4 weeks later...

Horatio, you wanted me to do one of Hatchet by Gary Paulsen.

It's interesting, about survival. It does get a bit boring though because whenever something goes wrong it always turns out to be alright again. I thought it would have been better. I'd give it a 6/10 I think.

-Lee

It's interesting, about survival. It does get a bit boring though because whenever something goes wrong it always turns out to be alright again. I thought it would have been better. I'd give it a 6/10 I think.

-Lee

Yeah!! Thanks. I appreciate that. I think with that rating, I will read one of the better ones. :D

Guest Skwerlhugger Will

-Lee

and an evil moose attacks in it!

An American Tragedy by Theodor Dreiser

Rating: 5 out of 5

Recommended for people with a wide vocabulary and aren't like, "eeww" when there are references to relationships.

Heres a summary in case you don't have the reading ability to understand it or if 800 pages in small print is too much for you.

Its a good book, really, you just have to have an understanding for it. It starts out with Clyde Griffiths as a poor boy whose parents do mission work and barely have any money. They live in Kansas City at the time. He has two sisters and a brother. One of his sisters ran away. When Clyde gets older, he works at a hotel as a bellboy. He gets friends, one of his friends has a sister who has a friend who is quite pretty. This girl, Hortense, has many boys chasing after her and she uses them to get her stuff, like purses, flowers, and new coats(. Clyde spends lots of money on her. She eventually spots this $115 coat, which is beyond her money, and she tries to get Clyde to buy it for her. He decides to save his money for her and buy it for her.One thing that happened while he was saving his money was that he found out his sister, Esta, who had run away, had become pregnant, and the man who she ran away with had abandoned her. Another thing that happened while he is saving his money, his friends invite him to come for a ride in an automobile, which has been "borrowed" by another friend. Clyde invites Hortense to come, and she agrees. During that day, she payed no attention to Clyde, but instead another boy. Clyde notices this and he immediately confronts her. She acts as if nothing happened. On the ride back, the boys rush back for work, and end up hitting a girl who is the daughter of a rich man. They speed up the car and end up crashing the car. Everyone runs for their life, but two of the people were left in the car and caught by the police, and they gave the passengers of the car credit for the accident. Clyde runs away to Chicago, where he finds one of his friends from Kansas City.

Summary to be continued. It isn't easy summarizing an 800 page book you know...

• 2 weeks later...

hey mega wolf, your sig says ur 13th bday is in 97 days (idk how recent that is) but my 13th bday is in 6 days!!!!!! woo hoo oh yeah

oh yeah books...i love so many...i havent gotten time to read this whole convo so idk what has been does and what hasnt...so i wont say anything 4 rite now..bi

hey mega  wolf, your sig says ur 13th bday is in 97 days (idk how recent that is) but my 13th bday is in 6 days!!!!!! woo hoo oh yeah

oh yeah books...i love so many...i havent gotten time to read this whole convo so idk what has been does and what hasnt...so i wont say anything 4 rite now..bi

Awesome! Hope you have a great birthday!

• 2 weeks later...

thank you! i did! i am now a TEENAGER!!! (WoW wOw WOW)

so how far away really is ur birhtday?

BOOK STUFF:

Series: Left Behind >the kids< (i havent bothered to read this whole chat so please forgive me if its been done)

Authors: Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim LaHaye* (*Rachel, if you ever read this, you'll know whose name this reminds me of!! :wub: )

Summary: This is a Christian series mainly based on the book of Revelation in the Bible... The book of revelation says that someday, the Rapture will happen and all the Christians will go up to heaven, and everyone else will be "left behind" (hence the name). The series follows 4 kids (the number changes over time) Judd, Vicki, Lionel, and Ryan, who have been left behind and go to this pastor, Bruce Barnes, who explains to them what has happened. (he knew about all this stuff but he didnt really believe) the 4 kids become christian and find out that in 7 years Jesus will come back, but during these 7 years, there will be a lot of judgements, and the series follows the kids trying to survive these and trying to get other people to believe...it is a very good series, but the books ALWAYS leave you hanging at the end! Thas's why i usually get like 4 out of the library at a time.

Number: There are 40 in the series so far (i think) but there are more being published (i think, im still on #39)

Rating: 5 hampsters! (or 5 smileys since i dont feel like looking for hampser pics: :D:P:):rolleyes:B) )

Note: recommended for Christians, but can be enjoyed by others, even though the books may be confusing to them

An American Tragedy by Theodor Dreiser

Rating: 5 out of 5

Recommended for people with a wide vocabulary and aren't like, "eeww" when there are references to relationships.

Heres a summary in case you don't have the reading ability to understand it or if 800 pages in small print is too much for you.

Its a good book, really, you just have to have an understanding for it. It starts out with Clyde Griffiths as a poor boy whose parents do mission work and barely have any money. They live in Kansas City at the time. He has two sisters and a brother. One of his sisters ran away. When Clyde gets older, he works at a hotel as a bellboy. He gets friends, one of his friends has a sister who has a friend who is quite pretty. This girl, Hortense, has many boys chasing after her and she uses them to get her stuff, like purses, flowers, and new coats(. Clyde spends lots of money on her. She eventually spots this $115 coat, which is beyond her money, and she tries to get Clyde to buy it for her. He decides to save his money for her and buy it for her.One thing that happened while he was saving his money was that he found out his sister, Esta, who had run away, had become pregnant, and the man who she ran away with had abandoned her. Another thing that happened while he is saving his money, his friends invite him to come for a ride in an automobile, which has been "borrowed" by another friend. Clyde invites Hortense to come, and she agrees. During that day, she payed no attention to Clyde, but instead another boy. Clyde notices this and he immediately confronts her. She acts as if nothing happened. On the ride back, the boys rush back for work, and end up hitting a girl who is the daughter of a rich man. They speed up the car and end up crashing the car. Everyone runs for their life, but two of the people were left in the car and caught by the police, and they gave the passengers of the car credit for the accident. Clyde runs away to Chicago, where he finds one of his friends from Kansas City.

Summary to be continued. It isn't easy summarizing an 800 page book you know...

Oh yeah... forgot about this....

(sondra finchley)

Anyhow, Clyde goes back to being a bellhop. And who does he find in the hotel but his rich uncle from Lycurgus. He moves to Lycurgus and gets a job from his uncle. For a few months he is lonely at the bottom of the factory with a low pay. His relatives refused to acknowlege him, as he was a lowly worker and people would think he was being favored just because he was Due to his uncle's pity and his uncle wanting to keep the public from thinking that the family wasn't treating Clyde right, Clyde is moved up to assistant supervisor in a factory area full of women. He wasn't allowed at all the have a relationship with the girls, as it was a factory rule. None of them really interested him, but one day a girl by the name of Roberta Alden came and enchanted him. He hires her right away, and by chance they meet at a lake(note this part, it will be important later) and he goes in and tells her how much he loves her. He is feverishly in love: all because he was lonely. Roberta is poor, much like he was before. Their relationship goes on. And finally, one day, Clyde is walking around in the area of town where rich people, like his uncle, lived. And who does he meet but Sondra Finchley, his cousin's, Bella's, friend and enemy to his other cousin, Gilbert. Clyde looks a lot like Gilbert, and in the dark, mistakens Clyde for him. Eventually she makes it up to him by taking him home in her limo. And then some time later, she decides to use Clyde to get back at Gilbert by taking Clyde to a party. It is near Christmas, and Roberta is about to go on a trip to her home. They plan to meet on the same night as the party. But Clyde makes up an excuse the next day as to why he couldn't see her. He is now in love with Sondra, but doesn't know how to get rid of Roberta. He keeps going to parties, Sondra is in love with him as well now. He is seeing less and less of Roberta who still loves him. But this gets worse. Roberta got 'past her time'(a girl thing people!). And she worries. Clyde tries to find a way of abortion(PLEASE Horatio, it won't start a debate), but fails. Roberta becomes about 4 months pregnant, and worries. She wants to get Clyde to marry her so it isn't a dishonest wedding and swears he can leave as soon as the problem was over. But Clyde refused. And so, Roberta threatened him in letters. Clyde gets worried. But he still didn't want to marry her. And he saw a newspaper, and it said that the body of a dead girl was found. The man that was with her had disappeared but his hat was found in the water floating by hers. Clyde heard voices in his head, and an evil plan began to unfold. What if there was an 'accident' at the Big Bittern, a lake where rich people went? He tried to get the thought out of his head. But later his plan comes back when her threats get serious. And so, they go to the lake, and row for hours. He decides not to kill her, but then she gets closer to him asking what was wrong. He tries to push her away from him, as he didn't want her close. But then his camera hits her, and the boat flips. He stares at her as she drowns. He wasn't sure if he wanted to save her or not. Eventually he gets caught and thrown in jail. His trial comes, no word from Sondra. As his trial comes to an end, he is found guilty. Clyde is sent to the chair, but before so, Sondra sent him a note. It said someone he loves still loves him. But it cannot be changed. Clyde is sent to the chair... and is electrocuted.

• 4 weeks later...
Name: The green mile

Author: Stephen King

Description: An amazing story about a prison that holds secrets and a man of great power. :D

My opinion: This is a GREAT book i loved it. But it's soooo sad it made me cry. I love mr.jingles.

100/10 lol B)

Thanks! Stephen King books are great! I have not read this one, but I will add it to my list. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Eats shoots and leaves a zero tolerance approach to punctuation is a very interesting book about punctuation its history uses and misuses it is a very funny book and I highly recomend reading it if for no other reason than the details of several cases were punctuation was a matter of life or death you may never think about puctuation quite the same again it is a british book but the writer does make references to the differences in american english the title does happen to derive from that panda joke in case you were wondering it is expalined early on in the book

I give it a five of five

[sTET]

Eats shoots and leaves a zero tolerance approach to punctuation is a very interesting book about punctuation its history uses and misuses it is a very funny book and I highly recomend reading it if for no other reason than the details of several cases were punctuation was a matter of life or death you may never think about puctuation quite the same again it is a british book but the writer does make references to the differences in american english the title does happen to derive from that panda joke in case you were wondering it is expalined early on in the book

I give it a five of five

[sTET]

The title is "Eats Shoots and Leaves, A Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation", is this correct? Who is the author? I searched for it and could not find it. Please help. How about the ISBN number?