Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Sarah's new rant

AnimalKidd

OKAY...knowing how much controversy I created with my Government topic, I can only imagine what this will create...

Okay, I have a few words to say about all the awards.  First of all, why are there so many freakin' awards???  I can barely keep track of all the few topics I post in, so how do you expect me to keep track of all these awards?  I think I've won one.  I'm not sure though.  Secondly, why does Horatio get so many awards?  I know that she is a great person and everything, and she does deserve to be recognized.  But it just makes me wonder when she gets the "First person to reply to my post" or "person that replies to me the most" awards.  I mean, isn't that fixed a little?  She IS a moderator, so she would be the first person to view your posts and the first to be able to reply.  Okay my internet time is almost up, so please do not find this offensive, because I do believe that the awards are very thoughtful and it is very kind for you to select special people.  It's just that awards are given out and created to a sickening extent!  Is it just me, or am I the only main poster who has not created an award yet?  I appologize if anyone got their feelings hurt, so please remember that I am older than most of the award-givers and I happen to be a very critical person. :;):

Okay that was my new rant.  Replies to this would be very interesting.

-SARAH

OKAY...knowing how much controversy I created with my Government topic, I can only imagine what this will create...

Okay, I have a few words to say about all the awards.  First of all, why are there so many freakin' awards???  I can barely keep track of all the few topics I post in, so how do you expect me to keep track of all these awards?  I think I've won one.  I'm not sure though.  Secondly, why does Horatio get so many awards?  I know that she is a great person and everything, and she does deserve to be recognized.  But it just makes me wonder when she gets the "First person to reply to my post" or "person that replies to me the most" awards.  I mean, isn't that fixed a little?  She IS a moderator, so she would be the first person to view your posts and the first to be able to reply.  Okay my internet time is almost up, so please do not find this offensive, because I do believe that the awards are very thoughtful and it is very kind for you to select special people.  It's just that awards are given out and created to a sickening extent!  Is it just me, or am I the only main poster who has not created an award yet?  I appologize if anyone got their feelings hurt, so please remember that I am older than most of the award-givers and I happen to be a very critical person. :;):

-SARAH

:laughing  :laughing  So, I think a good way to start is for you to create an award for me! :laughing  :laughing  I love awards and since I have not received one from you, this would be a great time to give me one.  Don't you think?  :eek  :laughing  :eek  :laughing  :eek

Okay, I have a few words to say about all the awards.  First of all, why are there so many freakin' awards???  I can barely keep track of all the few topics I post in, so how do you expect me to keep track of all these awards?  I think I've won one.  I'm not sure though.  Secondly, why does Horatio get so many awards?  I know that she is a great person and everything, and she does deserve to be recognized.  But it just makes me wonder when she gets the "First person to reply to my post" or "person that replies to me the most" awards.  I mean, isn't that fixed a little?  She IS a moderator, so she would be the first person to view your posts and the first to be able to reply.  Okay my internet time is almost up, so please do not find this offensive, because I do believe that the awards are very thoughtful and it is very kind for you to select special people.  It's just that awards are given out and created to a sickening extent!  Is it just me, or am I the only main poster who has not created an award yet?  I appologize if anyone got their feelings hurt, so please remember that I am older than most of the award-givers and I happen to be a very critical person. :;):

Okay that was my new rant.  Replies to this would be very interesting.

-SARAH

:laughing  :laughing  So, I think a good way to start is for you to create an award for me! :laughing  :laughing  I love awards and since I have not received one from you, this would be a great time to give me one.  Don't you think?   :laughing    :laughing  :eek

:P

-SARAH

:laughing  :laughing  So, I think a good way to start is for you to create an award for me! :laughing  :laughing  I love awards and since I have not received one from you, this would be a great time to give me one.  Don't you think?   :laughing    :laughing  :eek

*taps hamster foot*

Well, I am waiting.....   ???

Okay, I have a few words to say about all the awards.  First of all, why are there so many freakin' awards???  I can barely keep track of all the few topics I post in, so how do you expect me to keep track of all these awards?  I think I've won one.  I'm not sure though.  Secondly, why does Horatio get so many awards?  I know that she is a great person and everything, and she does deserve to be recognized.  But it just makes me wonder when she gets the "First person to reply to my post" or "person that replies to me the most" awards.  I mean, isn't that fixed a little?  She IS a moderator, so she would be the first person to view your posts and the first to be able to reply.  Okay my internet time is almost up, so please do not find this offensive, because I do believe that the awards are very thoughtful and it is very kind for you to select special people.  It's just that awards are given out and created to a sickening extent!  Is it just me, or am I the only main poster who has not created an award yet?  I appologize if anyone got their feelings hurt, so please remember that I am older than most of the award-givers and I happen to be a very critical person. :;):

-SARAH

:laughing  :laughing  So, I think a good way to start is for you to create an award for me! :laughing  :laughing  I love awards and since I have not received one from you, this would be a great time to give me one.  Don't you think?   :laughing    :laughing  :eek

*taps hamster foot*

Well, I am waiting.....   ???

But I can't!!!  That would be going against everything I said!  :eek

Yes, that would be true. I made awards a few months before it got out of hand, though. But it's true, they are getting kind of weird because people just give them out to give them out to a certain person, it seems like. I mean, since I made the hampsterdance awards(not to be mistaken by cosmic cutie's, but i never knew she made an award with the same name a time before I came.) But still, it's rediculous to get an award for posting in a place first! I think I might just totally agree on the over-awarding. :roll And you said, we don't mean to offend anybody! :roll

:D The awards in the hampsterdance pages are cool  :D

I think they are a nice way to say thank you, and to express friendship - that is why i think they are cool.

But yous are right, you should be careful about giving too many awards, cos then they don´t mean so much and aren´t so special. So yous have a very good point.

Yeah, the "first person to reply" awards are kind of going a bit far...and it kind of degrades everyone who posts after that...  :upside:

• 1 month later...
Ok I admit, i have made alot well not alot but about 10 awards, and they were stupid, except for 1 of them, but anyway, i do agree they are getting out of hand. Now like people go hi i like you have an award... I think that it should atleast have to have something done to get it rather than just say like o you have a cool name take my award. And the first person to read this award is just plain weird...Ahhhhh.... i feel like im gunna faint....

I mean, Horatio probably has about a million awards for replying first!  :laughing

I would like to think so, but there are quite a few posters who read the topic and respond before I have had a chance.  You might know one of those posters    :P  :P  :P   huh wolfie? :laughing  :laughing  :laughing

-SARAH

i did, but it was only for like 3 days. and then i was like... awards actually #### there's like 600 of them and 99% dont make sence and they all ####. i dont find reason to give people awards for saying stuff thats funny,get a life.  :laugh:

-SARAH

i did, but it was only for like 3 days. and then i was like... awards actually #### there's like 600 of them and 99% dont make sence and they all ####. i dont find reason to give people awards for saying stuff thats funny,get a life.  :laugh:

well, it was okay when Sheena was the only one giving that type, the LAFTA, and now Horatio does one type, and Sheena has a leave of absence so thats ok, but now like a ton of people are giving it and giving it too often. Horatio doesn't give a ton a day. But then there's the award over loaders. awards=out of hand. ah well, the only award I'm currently giving out is the hampsterdance awards, and thats for who shows the best qualities of kindness. i let people vote for it. it's a seasonal award that can't get out of hand. but there are many others that can. sometimes i talk too much....

I mean, Horatio probably has about a million awards for replying first!  :laughing

I would like to think so, but there are quite a few posters who read the topic and respond before I have had a chance.  You might know one of those posters    :P  :P  :P   huh wolfie? :laughing  :laughing  :laughing

Okay, okay, I get to post places before you occasionally, but you have the best oppertunity to get to it. :P

Done.

The only award I have ever created was the "Veneration Award" And so far, there has been only like 6 recipients since April 1st. To me, that isn't out of hand.

I am trying to get Moneylover to take over, since he is doing so well, but he insists that I still control it.

The "V award" is like the nobel prize award, but the only problem is....i cannot really say in real life that you are this so and so person. The first winner was Horatio. Many may think "Yeah, yeah. We all know Horatio would be the first recipient." But the thing is, Horatio didn't win the first by being a moderator. Horatio won it by being the person/hamster that she/he is. (Sorry Horatio, I forgot if ur a male or female)

I agree with you, Sarah, about all the awards that are being created. I think awards should actually be part of the game and the owner of the award (only a selected few awards), can give the recipient it so there wont be so many. It will be like another part of the game. HEY! I just realize that I gave a suggestion...heh. I guess ranting can do GREAT things. Actually, maybe not.

The only award I have ever created was the "Veneration Award" And so far, there has been only like 6 recipients since April 1st. To me, that isn't out of hand.

I am trying to get Moneylover to take over, since he is doing so well, but he insists that I still control it.

The "V award" is like the nobel prize award, but the only problem is....i cannot really say in real life that you are this so and so person. The first winner was Horatio. Many may think "Yeah, yeah. We all know Horatio would be the first recipient." But the thing is, Horatio didn't win the first by being a moderator. Horatio won it by being the person/hamster that she/he is. (Sorry Horatio, I forgot if ur a male or female)

I agree with you, Sarah, about all the awards that are being created. I think awards should actually be part of the game and the owner of the award (only a selected few awards), can give the recipient it so there wont be so many. It will be like another part of the game. HEY! I just realize that I gave a suggestion...heh. I guess ranting can do GREAT things. Actually, maybe not.

yeah, giving rare awards is ok. daily or weekly is way out of hand. blah.

• 5 months later...
What ever happened to AnimalKidd?

I posted a post from her quite a while ago when she said that she was having computer and internet problems. She had said that she would be back when she worked those things out. I hope she returns as I always enjoyed her government views. :D