Hampsterdance Discussion Board

To all new peolpe!

Cheesus

Welcome to the hampsterdance message board. We hope you stay. If a moderator, such as horatio, is not on, your posts will not come up immediatly. Some people find this to be too much of a nuisance and stop coming. This is for your safety only. We do this so that no personal info, website adresses, email adresses, or anything of that sort is given out. If you type that info the moderator will edit it out before the post is shown. Nothing crude is allowed on this site. If you keep posting very offending things you will get banned. This means you are not allowed to go on your account. You can still look when you are signed off.

You can start a topic in any are except announcements. Try o put things where they belong best. Other wise someone has to go through the trouble to move your topic to another area. Put your jokes in "jokes, riddles, or funny stories," or if it has to do with music, put it in "hampsterdance music" To post random happenings in your life or others you know, put them in general hampsterdance talk. If you need to have a question about the site, post it in "ask the admins." You cannot start a poll due to some things that have happened in the past. However, you can start a new topic and in it ask a moderator to make a poll for you including what you want it to be called, and what options there are to vote on.

For example:

I want a poll called "are the members of this board out of their mind?" The options could be either A)yes, B ) no or C) i don't have a mind so i cant answer this.

Your origianal topic probably won't show up unless the moderator is confused about something on it.

To get colored text, highlight what you have typed and click on color, and select a color. The same is true for font, size, bold, italics, underline, and code. Size goes from -7 to 50 To quote someone click on reply at the bottom right hand corner of their post. You can only have up to ten smilies in your post, as well. If you have any other questions, just ask. And we always happy to see new artwork, stories, poems, jokes, or anything else you have to say.

Some people like to give out awards. Make up an award to give out to people and choose a good reason as to why. Not something like you like the same bands or something like that.

To get the signature or avatar(little picture under someones name) go to my controls, and then go to edit avatar, edit signatur, or edit personal profile for your location,(state or country only. Or you can make something up)self-title, and such other things. I hope this gives you enough information to get started with a lot of fun times on the hampsterdance message boards. Welcome and hope you stay. :D

Welcome to the hampsterdance message board.  We hope you stay.  If a moderator, such as horatio, is not on, your posts will not come up immediatly.  Some people find this to be too much of a nuisance and stop coming.  This is for your safety only.  We do this so that no personal info, website adresses, email adresses, or anything of that sort is given out.  If you type that info the moderator will edit it out before the post is shown.  Nothing crude is allowed on this site.  If you keep posting very offending things you will get banned.  This means you are not allowed to go on your account.  You can still look when you are signed off. 

You can start a topic in any are except announcements.  Try o put things where they belong best.  Other wise someone has to go through the trouble to move your topic to another area.  Put your jokes in "jokes, riddles, or funny stories," or if it has to do with music, put it in "hampsterdance music"  To post random happenings in your life or others you know, put them in general hampsterdance talk.  If you need to have a question about the site, post it in "ask the admins."  You cannot start a poll due to some things that have happened in the past.  However, you can start a new topic and in it ask a moderator to make a poll for you including what you want it to be called, and what options there are to vote on.

For example:

I want a poll called "are the members of this board out of their mind?"  The options could be either A)yes, B ) no or C) i don't have a mind so i cant answer this.

Your origianal topic probably won't show up unless the moderator is confused about something on it.

To get  colored text, highlight what you have typed and click on color, and select a color.  The same is true for font, size, bold, italics, underline, and code.  Size goes from -7 to 50  To quote someone click on reply at the bottom right hand corner of their post.  You can only have up to ten smilies in your post, as well.  If you have any other questions, just ask.  And we always happy to see new artwork, stories, poems, jokes, or anything else you have to say. 

Some people like to give out awards.  Make up an award to give out to people and choose a good reason as to why.  Not something like you like the same bands or something like that. 

To get the signature or avatar(little picture under someones name)  go to my controls, and then go to edit avatar, edit signatur, or edit personal profile for your location,(state or country only.  Or you can make something up)self-title, and such other things.  I hope this gives you enough information to get started with a lot of fun times on the hampsterdance message boards.  Welcome and hope you stay. :D

Cheesemaster, thank you so very much! That is excellent! I really appreciate this.

For your efforts I am awarding you The Red Rose Award.

Thanks!

Horatio

Welcome to the hampsterdance message board.  We hope you stay.  If a moderator, such as horatio, is not on, your posts will not come up immediatly.  Some people find this to be too much of a nuisance and stop coming.  This is for your safety only.  We do this so that no personal info, website adresses, email adresses, or anything of that sort is given out.  If you type that info the moderator will edit it out before the post is shown.  Nothing crude is allowed on this site.  If you keep posting very offending things you will get banned.  This means you are not allowed to go on your account.  You can still look when you are signed off. 

You can start a topic in any are except announcements.  Try o put things where they belong best.  Other wise someone has to go through the trouble to move your topic to another area.  Put your jokes in "jokes, riddles, or funny stories," or if it has to do with music, put it in "hampsterdance music"  To post random happenings in your life or others you know, put them in general hampsterdance talk.  If you need to have a question about the site, post it in "ask the admins."  You cannot start a poll due to some things that have happened in the past.  However, you can start a new topic and in it ask a moderator to make a poll for you including what you want it to be called, and what options there are to vote on.

For example:

I want a poll called "are the members of this board out of their mind?"  The options could be either A)yes, B ) no or C) i don't have a mind so i cant answer this.

To get  colored text, highlight what you have typed and click on color, and select a color.  The same is true for font, size, bold, italics, underline, and code.  Size goes from -7 to 50  To quote someone click on reply at the bottom right hand corner of their post.  You can only have up to ten smilies in your post, as well.  If you have any other questions, just ask.  And we always happy to see new artwork, stories, poems, jokes, or anything else you have to say. 

Some people like to give out awards.  Make up an award to give out to people and choose a good reason as to why.  Not something like you like the same bands or something like that. 

To get the signature or avatar(little picture under someones name)  go to my controls, and then go to edit avatar, edit signatur, or edit personal profile for your location,(state or country only.  Or you can make something up)self-title, and such other things.  I hope this gives you enough information to get started with a lot of fun times on the hampsterdance message boards.  Welcome and hope you stay. :D

Nice..I should give you an Award..I will give you one of my new ones I have created today.

Clever Creature Award..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im new and I like hamsters!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Hello Hamster Chic, welcome to HampsterDance Boards. I would like to say hello and let you know if you need any help wandering around the boards, please do not hesitate to ask questions. We have lots of California people. Mega Wolf, Skwerlhugger Will to name a couple.

Please take a look at as many forums as you can and reply to all those topics that interest you. We get to know each other by our posts, so post, post, post!

Welcome!

Horatio :D

Hello Hamster Chic, welcome to HampsterDance Boards.  I would like to say hello and let you know if you need any help wandering around the boards, please do not hesitate to ask questions.  We have lots of California people.  Mega Wolf, Skwerlhugger Will to name a couple. 

Please take a look at as many forums as you can and reply to all those topics that interest you.  We get to know each other by our posts, so post, post, post!

Welcome!

Horatio  :D

How'd you know if she was from Cali? Special mod powers?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

My powers are zip.  Nothing like yours are.  I just looked over to the left of her post, underneath her name and to the right of Country, it said California.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It doesn't say. And plus, I'd like to know what happened to Otter's hamster Dream.

Dream is right here terrific as ever.  I was trying to take a face pic of Dream and she kept walking into the lens! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

*imagines a tiny hamster walking up to a camera lens while another hamster is behind the camera*

• 2 weeks later...

Horatio and Cheesey..There is something you might wanna add in.

If you post over 1 time: Newbie Hampsterdancer

If you post over 100 times: Junior Hampsterdancer

If you post over 500 times: Hampsterdancer

If you post over 1000 times: Senior Hampsterdancer

If you post over 2000 times: Hampsterdancer Supreme

If you post over 5000 times: Ultimate Hampsterdance Fan

If you post over 7500 times: Heavenly Hampsterdancer

If you post over 10000 times: Hampsterdance Royalty

• 4 weeks later...
Hey, I"m new, and I love hamsters...and I love hampsterdance!  too cool, thanks so much!

Hello Ham_Star, welcome to HampsterDance Boards. Wander around and post to as many topics as you can. If you have any questions, please ask.

Welcome!

Horatio :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's a bit more, maybe some repeating stuff.

Just a few things you might want to know.

If you post over 1 time: Newbie Hampsterdancer

If you post over 100 times: Junior Hampsterdancer

If you post over 500 times: Hampsterdancer

If you post over 1000 times: Senior Hampsterdancer

If you post over 2000 times: Hampsterdancer Supreme

If you post over 5000 times: Ultimate Hampsterdance Fan

If you post over 7500 times: Heavenly Hampsterdancer

If you post over 10000 times: Hampsterdance Royalty

Welcome to the HampsterDance Boards. My name is not Horatio, it's Nick. In addition to the topics you can create polls or topics of your choice. The only rules are as follows: NO email addresses, last names, towns, villages or cities where you live, no URL links or other websites and NO curse words or words that look really close to that curse word. You can submit pictures, but NO picture is permitted of anyone under 18 and you must post the picture. NO links to pictures on other sites. Other than those rules, have fun and if you need any help, just let us know and someone will help you.

If you want an avatar, the image beneath your name, follow these instructions. Go to the upper right hand corner and click on My Controls. Now look on the left below Personal Profile and click on Edit Avatar Settings. Now browse through the images and select the one you like. When you find it, click on Update Avatar in the bottom center of the screen.

• 3 weeks later...
I think Cheesemaster deserves a Spotted Trophy for typing all of that, don't you guys think so?

i forgot to put this in my sig!

Speaking of your sig, awesomeness is the only word for it.

the new one? yeah, i decided change was inevitable. ANd i guess i was inspired by will's changing of his siggy.

I think Cheesemaster deserves a Spotted Trophy for typing all of that, don't you guys think so?

the new one? yeah, i decided change was inevitable. ANd i guess i was inspired by will's changing of his siggy.

*goes to see SHW's signature*

i don't think it was recantly, but i saw something about how he has changed it, so i decided to do the same.

i don't think it was recantly, but i saw something about how he has changed it, so i decided to do the same.

Ah. I never got around to seeing it anyways. :lol:

Ah. I never got around to seeing it anyways. :lol:

lol. :lol

:lol:

Hi I am new can you help me??

Absolutely!

Cheesemaster is the HampsterDance Greeter and he should be by to help you with everything you need to know. In the meantime, my name is Horatio and I am a three and one-half year old, blonde, male hamster who flies jet planes and eats birthday cake as my favorite food. :D

:lol:

Hi I am new can you help me??

of course! this is a topic that explains it all, the first post should do wonders for you. :D

:o:o WHAT??? No click on the smiley? :o:o

*is devastated*

fine, here you go. if you were confused about what i meant before, click on the smiley. :D

• 1 month later...

For example:

HI

For example:

HI

HI !!! Welcome to HampsterDance Boards. :D

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, hello. Thanks for the tips cheese.

I am indeed new here, but I have lurked a bit. Just enough to get an idea. I am quite used to forums... But one should always look about before rushing right in and making the wrong impression.

Oh, and for anybody who wants to steal my sanity, I don't have one.

-Glowurm

I do glow, but only in the dark... With glowsticks or something like that...

I am indeed new here, but I have lurked a bit. Just enough to get an idea. I am quite used to forums... But one should always look about before rushing right in and making the wrong impression.

-Glowurm

Welcome! I am Horatio. Right now I am on my way out the door, but I will give you a proper welcome later. Glad to see you found things. For an avatar go to the same place you went for your siggie and you will see avatar and gallery. Select a picture you want and then click on update. We cannot add our own yet.

Talk to you later. Welcome!

-Glowurm

You are quite welcome! I'm glad it helped. ^.^

-Glowurm

Hi there Glowurm. I'm Toto. Or Sarah. Generally, I'm a friendly person. :]

By chance, you didn't take your name from that Gloworm toy from the late '80s, early '90s, did you? I once had one of those. xD

Have fun browsing.

-Glowurm

Hi there Glowurm. I'm Toto. Or Sarah. Generally, I'm a friendly person. :]

By chance, you didn't take your name from that Gloworm toy from the late '80s, early '90s, did you? I once had one of those. xD

Have fun browsing.

Believe it or not, I didn't.

I don't quite remember where I got the name from. I was ten or something, and just decided I like the name.

I have encountered numerous glowworm toys now. ^_^

• 2 months later...

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

Can i make my own entry tothis Newbie help guide? :D

Hello! My name is Japancat Vera BoomTang Glimour Matsutake Mycota Expolded Van Dort Pitchblack, The spectral Brownie! I'm The biggest Fan of Pink Floyd.

You can't rely on Horatio. He's LAZY. Not really, but sometimes he is. ;D

I must warn you that this place is very Dangerous. We have Shroomers, Sanity-stealers, Claymores, Glowurms, Pirates, Religious People, Jeff Trophies, Meat Grinders, Checkered Werewolf Vampire Ninja Pirate robot Faerie Angel alien demon Zombie Bunniesm, and more. Please be wary of these things.

Whenever you make a post, you get 10.00H$, which is equvilent to a Dollar. You can use this to buy stuff from various stores. I own two myself- The restaurant Planet Horatio and The Red Market. I also have an Art Competition that I hold monthly. If you wish to create your own business, please check with Me, Mega Wolf Or Horatio. Whoever is nearby.

To create a poll, make a topic decribing the poll's name, the poll question and the poll choices. You can have up to twenty choices. After you submit the poll topic, Horatio will make the poll when he moderates.

You can post in any topic EXCEPT Announcements. If you post there, I'll come and get you. You can post anywhere else, but try to put your topic where it belongs-put a story in the story forum, Jokes in the Jokes forum, Etc. Hampsterdance Music, General Hampsterdance talk, and Hampsterdance.com website are pretty random, just post whatever you want there. The same goes for the Hampsters Forums. The Creative Forums are for original works only. If you made it, then it can go here.

If a Moderator, i.e Horatio, is not on, your posts will not go up right away. They must be moderated for your safety. Horatio comes on up to three times a day, unless he is busy and unable to come on. He usually comes on in the morning, afternoon, and night.

To get an Avatar (picture under your name), Siggy, (things after your posts), Location, and Member title, Click on "My Controls". The Title and Location are in "My Profile". If you want a custom avatar, e-mail the pic to Hamsterking at support@hampsterdance.com, saying you want it as your avatar. You'll need to be patient for this. If you want to change your name, tell Horatio what you want it changed to and he will change it.

To post a picture, scroll down the reply screen and click "browse...". Select the Picture, and click "Add This Attachment". After that, you will see the attachment below the browse button. Click "Add Into Post", and the pic will appear in your post as "Attachment2394", or something similar. You can also post music.

To create awards, simply find a good reason for an award, give it a name, and give it to people when they do something deserving that award. You can create more than one award. As an example, I have an award called The Cloudy Aisha Ribbon, which I give to people for Creativity. Also, try and create one-of-a-kind awards!

Please do not post E-mail or any IM, MSN, Neopets, ETc. Names here. Do not post your last name, town name, or anything else that would let people find you. Do not say any curse words. If you absalootly must say a curse word, block it out (Like this: %$!!!!) or change it around (Like this: What the Division Bell...?). These rules apply for Siggies, Locations, and Titles as well.

There are many fun things to read here. I have an Art Competition in The Art Forum, if you want to enter some Artwork and try to win, you can put it there! There are also stories in the stories Forum to read, and The music forum has Lyrics you can read.

Please stay and post. I hope you will be my friend.

Okay that's my newbie guide.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astrnomy Domine*~*

• 1 month later...
Hiya, hampstermaniacs! I'm new here. I think I found this website through a series of links. It seemed fun so I signed up. This is just a short intro message. See ya! Scott

Welcome to the HamsterDance Boards! I'm Ivy, nice to meet you.

Hiya, hampstermaniacs! I'm new here. I think I found this website through a series of links. It seemed fun so I signed up. This is just a short intro message. See ya! Scott

Well, hello there Scott.

Sexyrodent ... isn't that a tab bit ... subjectional? Possibly oxymoron?

Hello Scott aka Sexyrodent! Welcome to the HampsterDance Boards. Sanities as Lexxscrapham said are to be protected and watch out for the Meat Grinder! :lol:

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final cut*~*

You forgot to mention a certain celeb I enjoy throwing at people.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~&*

Hello Scott aka Sexyrodent! Welcome to the HampsterDance Boards. Sanities as Lexxscrapham said are to be protected and watch out for the Meat Grinder! :lol:

:lol: I left that for you to do. :lol:

:lol: I left that for you to do. :lol:

Fine. I will.

Beware the Johnny Depp.

• 1 year later...
HAW HAW YOU SPELLED PEOPLE WRONG IN THE TAWPEEK TITLE

...yea, just noticed that

Sssh, you might make him cry.

At least I didn't add any hair comments. But his hair is cool, so i don't think he'd be sad.

At least I didn't add any hair comments. But his hair is cool, so i don't think he'd be sad.

He is the Hair Club for Men President. :lol:

THAT role, my friend, belongs to Lucas from Mother 3.

He is the Hair Club for Men President. :lol:

I wish I was Hair Club for Men President. :c

He is the Hair Club for Men President. LOL

:blink: WHAT ??? :blink: WHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT??????? :blink:

You want to show off your bald head with those little clumps of transplanted hairs, making your head look like they are growing a garden?

*falls over in disbelief*

You want to show off your bald head with those little clumps of transplanted hairs, making your head look like they are growing a garden?

o____________________________________________________________________o...

That sounds a lot like you're insulting Cheesey's hair. ;D

Also, yes.

Oh MK, You crazy thread necromancer you...

also.. OMG.. I actually used the word Y~ in advice to an newbie!?!?

heh, I guess it was that little point between when I came to the realisation, and realising that the other realisation really only mattered to the morons who never bother to think about themselves for themselves, or think on what their thoughts of themselves mean to them..

Still, it is good advice..

heh, I guess it was that little point between when I came to the realisation, and realising that the other realisation really only mattered to the morons who never bother to think about themselves for themselves, or think on what their thoughts of themselves mean to them..

You always put a smile on my face Lexxy! :D

I'm no Thread Necromancer....HAHAHAHAHAHAH LENS FLARE OMG!

• 4 months later...
Hello to all. I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a while and I think I get the idea. This seems like a fun enough place.

Eh. It's aiight. :P

*bonk* What's that supposed to mean?

• 4 months later...