Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Broadway!

B'Way Update:

-The Pirate Queen

-Legally Blonde

-Anne of Green Gables (Off-Broadway)

All very good, although different. Pirate Queen got bad reviews in the newspaper, but I definitely recommend it. Don't listen to them. Legally Blonde, very funny. Good production. Anne of Green Gables, cute. Small theater in the Village, and my mom, my aunt, and I got kind of lost trying to find Little Italy from there. Strange neighborhood (the village). By the time we found Little Italy, it was too late to have a real sit-down dinner, so we ate in a little deli place. Fun time at all three plays. Recommend all of them.

~Liz

You are so fortunate to have a mother who loves the theatre! I wish I could see as many plays as you do.

As for the people who do the reviews, I never listen to them. Glad you liked all the plays.

thanks! and we got some degree of discount on all 3 plays...so we werent paying 110 a ticket, which is too much. but that's the normal orchestra price now...

gotta go now, bye

$110 per orchestra seat!!! Oh my!!!!

I could only afford the seats that were located in the hallway next to the bathroom! LOL

Please, put me in your pocket and take me to the next play!!! Please, please, please!!!!!

sure!

actually i dont think we got a discount on anne of green gables, which didnt matter since the seats were $25 each..now if only broadway could do that!

Oh, I love plays. Thanks for taking me with you.

If only Broadway prices would come down to those off-off-off Broadway. LOL

yeah...my school play was $10 ...how's that for affordable!

Allllll Righttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!

Even I could afford that ticket!!!

How was your school play? Weren't you in it? Or worked backstage? :unsure: My mind is gone and I cannot remember what you told me. :blush:

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

B'Way Update:

-The Pirate Queen

-Legally Blonde

All very good, although different. Pirate Queen got bad reviews in the newspaper, but I definitely recommend it. Don't listen to them. Legally Blonde, very funny. Good production. Anne of Green Gables, cute. Small theater in the Village, and my mom, my aunt, and I got kind of lost trying to find Little Italy from there. Strange neighborhood (the village). By the time we found Little Italy, it was too late to have a real sit-down dinner, so we ate in a little deli place. Fun time at all three plays. Recommend all of them.

~Liz

You are so fortunate to have a mother who loves the theatre! I wish I could see as many plays as you do.

As for the people who do the reviews, I never listen to them. Glad you liked all the plays.

thanks! and we got some degree of discount on all 3 plays...so we werent paying 110 a ticket, which is too much. but that's the normal orchestra price now...

gotta go now, bye

I could only afford the seats that were located in the hallway next to the bathroom! LOL

Please, put me in your pocket and take me to the next play!!! Please, please, please!!!!!

sure!

actually i dont think we got a discount on anne of green gables, which didnt matter since the seats were $25 each..now if only broadway could do that!

How was your school play? Weren't you in it? Or worked backstage? :unsure: My mind is gone and I cannot remember what you told me. :blush:

its ok if u dont remeber, i dont think i told u in the first place!

i was in the play, in the ensemble. lots of fun! :-)

B'Way Update:

-The Pirate Queen

-Legally Blonde

~Liz

gotta go now, bye

sure!

Then maybe it was Toto who mentioned she was in a play and I thought, worked backstage.

B'Way Update:

-The Pirate Queen

-Legally Blonde

~Liz

gotta go now, bye

sure!

*~*The Grand Illusion*~8the Final Cut *~*

There's theater in my town for plays. It's haunted o: And I'm totally cereal about that to.

*~*The Psycedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

B'Way Update:

-The Pirate Queen

-Legally Blonde

~Liz

gotta go now, bye

sure!

*~*The Grand Illusion*~8the Final Cut *~*

There's theater in my town for plays. It's haunted o: And I'm totally cereal about that to.

*~*The Psycedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

cool...

How's it haunted?

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final cut*~*

People usually see ghosts there and stuff and it gets really creepy.

My old elementary school was haunted, too. I experienced that first-hand, 'cause I was at a dance with the Giza Gang (5th grade rendition of The Astronomy Domine) abnd we were goofing off when we heard some people talking down in the basement. We checked and there was no one down there, though. I heard stuff from friends, too.

My town is Half Haunted buildings. The other half is Stoners. XD

*~*The psychdedlic Luau*~*the Astronomy Domine*~&

My grandma's house is haunted too, at least the yard. I sometimes hear people walking in the woods once, and I once heard a chainsaw and drums. No one out their in either incident.

An inmage of my friends dead grandmother can be seen in a pitcure of her old bedroom. allegedly. Never saw the pic myself.

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*Ther Final Cut*~*

You aren't supposed to say things like that when I'm in a pitch-dark room with only a black light lighting it up. :lol:

*~&The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

Dog Lover. o:

No. 15 in your siggy is Daniel.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau8~*The Astronomy Domine*

good job...

You picked the only one I knew the title for. But, Dog Lover, you are in BIG trouble, I have been singing the lyrics to #13 for a couple days now and still cannot remember the title. I want to think it is Your Song, but I don't think that is right. You should be able to play this on the piano. It is probably too easy for you.

Dog Lover. o:

good job...

You picked the only one I knew the title for. But, Dog Lover, you are in BIG trouble, I have been singing the lyrics to #13 for a couple days now and still cannot remember the title. I want to think it is Your Song, but I don't think that is right. You should be able to play this on the piano. It is probably too easy for you.

you are correct! it is "Your Song!" i do have the sheet music for it, although the written music isnt always exactly what he plays. sometimes he goes into really complex piano solos, and in the music book it just says "improvise." of course i cant just improvise like he does, but im working through the songs i'm playing in piano class. u can hear the melody when i play them, its just kinda slow: "good.....bye....yell...ow....brick........road...." but i just started them. ill get better.

Dog Lover. o:

good job...

you are correct! it is "Your Song!" i do have the sheet music for it, although the written music isnt always exactly what he plays. sometimes he goes into really complex piano solos, and in the music book it just says "improvise." of course i cant just improvise like he does, but im working through the songs i'm playing in piano class. u can hear the melody when i play them, its just kinda slow: "good.....bye....yell...ow....brick........road...." but i just started them. ill get better.

I'm not good at improvisation. I guess I could practice at it.

Dog Lover. o:

good job...

hahahahahahaha

Dog Lover. o:

good job...

hahahahahahaha

LOL... I thought you would like that. LOL

Dog Lover. o:

good job...

hahahahahahaha

my recital is in june...im getting better at my songs....hopefully ill have them down by then...well actually i just have to have one of them down to do at the recital

Dog Lover. o:

good job...

hahahahahahaha

my recital is in june...im getting better at my songs....hopefully ill have them down by then...well actually i just have to have one of them down to do at the recital

I have total and complete faith in you! I bet you will be the best pianist at the recital!!! :)

Dog Lover. o:

good job...

hahahahahahaha

By the way... you are in really big trouble. :lol: I have been singing Elton John lyrics for a couple of days now. Can I remember the titles? NO !! :lol: But I remember most of the lyrics. Bennie and the Jets is #7, isn't it? I have also been working on a couple of others, only one zillion times over and over and I should get them in a year or two.

Yeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaa ! I just remembered #10... Rocket Man! Right?????

I am working on #4 at the moment. I remember almost all the words, but definitely not the title.

Now I have a couple for you.

1. Raised to be a lady by the Golden Rule

2. My bulldog is barking in the backyard

3. You tell me there's an angel in your tree (one of my favorites)

I am working on #4 at the moment. I remember almost all the words, but definitely not the title.

1. All The Girls Love Alice (GYBR)

2. Social Disease (GYBR)

3. Burn Down The Mission (Tumbleweed Connection)

HA!

btw, yes, bennie & the jets is #7, and #10 is rocket man ,,,keep working on #4!

im glad u know some GYBR songs that not "everyone" knows! that is one of my favorite EJ albums...and Tumbleweed connection is my dad's, except i only have the LP (please excuse me if i mentioned this b4) so i cant listen to it as often as i could if i had it on my mp3 player...but ive been trying to listen to it more often! i had it on b4 dinner & now im done with dinner so im gonna put it on again....coincidentally i was in the middle of "Burn Down The Mission" when i had to go eat dinner! so hold on....i have to turn on the stereo, and the record player, and carefully drop the needle in the right place!

"You tell me there's an angel in your tree....Did he say he'd come to call on me?..."

i love elton john! <333333333333 so much :wub: :wub: :wub:

my mom's going to las vegas this saturday! i told her to get EJ's autograph if she sees him...he performs in las vegas, so i was like "maybe u'll see him walking on the strip!" (wishful thinking but still...) my mom and i were joking around about it when she was driving me to school this morning...she said she'd tell him to come home with her so i could meet him...i said he could become my new piano teacher! not that i dont like my piano teacher now, but u know,,,elton is elton! just more wishful thinking....its nice to daydream sometimes.....

2. Social Disease (GYBR)

HA!

im glad u know some GYBR songs that not "everyone" knows! that is one of my favorite EJ albums...and Tumbleweed connection is my dad's, except i only have the LP (please excuse me if i mentioned this b4) so i cant listen to it as often as i could if i had it on my mp3 player...but ive been trying to listen to it more often! i had it on b4 dinner & now im done with dinner so im gonna put it on again....coincidentally i was in the middle of "Burn Down The Mission" when i had to go eat dinner! so hold on....i have to turn on the stereo, and the record player, and carefully drop the needle in the right place!

"You tell me there's an angel in your tree....Did he say he'd come to call on me?..."

i love elton john! :wub: :wub:

my mom's going to las vegas this saturday! i told her to get EJ's autograph if she sees him...he performs in las vegas, so i was like "maybe u'll see him walking on the strip!" (wishful thinking but still...) my mom and i were joking around about it when she was driving me to school this morning...she said she'd tell him to come home with her so i could meet him...i said he could become my new piano teacher! not that i dont like my piano teacher now, but u know,,,elton is elton! just more wishful thinking....its nice to daydream sometimes.....

I almost cheated this morning. I have been singing a couple of these songs alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day and I still couldn't remember the title! So, I was going to get out the Elton John Songbook for piano and look up the words, but somehow I got sidetracked until your topic now. Rats! Hopefully the titles will come to me in a dream.

2. Social Disease (GYBR)

HA!

i love elton john! <333333333333 so much :wub: :wub: :wub:

I almost cheated this morning. I have been singing a couple of these songs alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day and I still couldn't remember the title! So, I was going to get out the Elton John Songbook for piano and look up the words, but somehow I got sidetracked until your topic now. Rats! Hopefully the titles will come to me in a dream.

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~

Elton John goes to Clazzik's par-tays.

*~*Te Psychedelic Luau*~*tHe Astronomy Domine*~*