• Christian
    • Islam
    • Jewish
    • Hindu
    • Buddhist
    • New Age
    • Other

And, about your signature, TGHL....

I find it diturbing that you really have no idea over your faith, or why you chose that road. You must ask yourself some questions. (That I am actually asking you, and expecting a reply...a full reply. Not just, "My evolution is right!")

Where did you "organism" come from?

Why isn't this "process" still happening today?

Who created everything else, other than just the people?

Why don't you have any proof? You're guessing. No one has any knowlege over your theroy, just a silly man that thought, "This is a good excuse and reason for why we're here!" And, by answering the questions above, you are guessing them. None of you followers know they are for certin.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it diturbing that you really have no idea over your faith, or why you chose that road. You must ask yourself some questions. (That I am actually asking you, and expecting a reply...a full reply. Not just, "My evolution is right!")

Why don't you have any proof? You're guessing. No one has any knowlege over your theroy, just a silly man that thought, "This is a good excuse and reason for why we're here!" And, by answering the questions above, you are guessing them. None of you followers know they are for certin.

Toto, I figured you'd have learned this by now...

All that TGHL's going to do is call you a hypocrite and tell you that YOUR the one guessing, and avoid answering your comment at all costs. I havent found much logic in TGHL's answers. But, Mine make even less sense.

They've been around for 10 years, or so. Remember, you're on the other side of the world, that hasn't heard of major bands around here.

Yeah, I admit that sometimes the normal Christian music is stupid, but, they're cool.

So, despite the fact many other major bands (all non-Christian rock) who actually get up in the music charts have been heard over here doesn't undermind your belief?

If you say so, its your opinion.

And about your signature Toto.... (I'm not even going to bother)

I have no idea over my faith? That's a multiple meaning phrase Toto, which one are you talking about? I have no idea about Christianty? I have no idea over (that is better) Christianity? Do specify.

So you actually know what the Illuminati is? It seems you know more about the opposition that some Toto, many people don't even know it existed or what it was, they just thought it was some sort of New World Order controlling the world, ha. No, our influence may spread into the heart of governments, but it does not control the world.

So are you admitting you are not in fact human, Toto? Because if you were an "organisim" like the rest of use, you should have used the term "we" not "you."

Ok, Just after the Big Bang, the world was starting to cool down, forming a crust, which we still walk on today. But, because there was so much energy still in the Earth's rapidly cooling, newly formed crust and mantle, it needed to be disperesed (Horatio's hurricanes are a prime example of how energy is moved round the planet to balance the energy levels out). So, it did that via Volcanoes. So these Volcanoes erupted on a constant basis. Now, if you know your geography, Volcanoes tend to send out a lot of dust, rocks in addition to the lava. These dust clouds formed the first version of the Greenhouse effect, which without, we would be as cold and desolate as Mercury. Also, these dust clouds helped form the first cloud clouds. Then, as these clouds had to deposit their moisture, we got the first oceans forming. We now have the ideal conditions for life, the primordial ooze and its various other names, alhtough I think that Nuclear Waste is just as good. However, in order for life to be formed, there needed to be a major chemical reaction. Now, if you were living on prehistoric earth, circa. 3,500,000,000 years ago, the atmosphere would be very smelly. Methane smelly. And that is because the atmosphere is full of Sulphurous gases. So in the ocean, the horrible chemical cocktail starts to react, and it does. To form the basis of all life, deixyribonucleic acid, a.k.a DNA. We nearly have life, well it is life, but not the life you're going to accept Toto. The Earth was still changing though, rapidly and in order for the DNA to survive, it had to change to suit the enviroment (this is called evolution) so one set of DNA evolved to form the first bacteria! Yay, now we have life. And if only took me a whole 22 lines of writing to do it in.

Second question. Hah, poor, poor unobservant Toto. It is still going on today! Look in the Amazon, my favourite place. Every day, somewhere in that beautiful forest, a new species is born from an old one. For example, every day 3 species on this planet die out, whos to say how many new ones are being created? And anyway, evoultion is a slow process, it doesn't just suddenly leap from one state to the other, it is a gradual process. From that 3,500,000,000 years ago it took until 1,000,000,000 years ago for that DNA to form the first "real" animal, which was a worm. And then we only popped up 2,000,000 years ago. yes, Toto, I can see how we can just suddenly expect to start growing wings and such within the next second. Don't be so grouchy just because evolution hasn't given you the power to fly yet.

Who? What do you mean Who? No who, whom or thing created everything else. They all stemmed from the same primordial ooze and bacteria, they just evolved in different ways.

No proof? NO PROOF? Of course there is proof. Go to the Galapagos Islands and you will see the best example of evolution on this planet. Notice how each Turtle or Tortoise on each island has a different shell or characteristic? You'd expect them all to be the same according to your Creationist theory, now wouldn't you? Thats because they all stem from the same Giant Turtle/Tortoise and have adapted to survive each island's invidual climate. Why not ask Horatio to take you there in his plane? Horatio can enjoy the splendid scenery, while you try and find something that can undermind the evolutionary theory. Of course if you don't want to try the Galapgos, why not try the Desert or the Rainforest? Cacti are very good when it comes to showing off evolution. And if you still don't believe me and these examples aren't good enough, ask yourself why the Cacti don't grow in the Artcic or in my back garden?

All that TGHL's going to do is call you a hypocrite and tell you that YOUR the one guessing, and avoid answering your comment at all costs. I havent found much logic in TGHL's answers. But, Mine make even less sense.

I know. I was thinking about not reading his answer. He always finds something new to cover his mistakes. He'll always think he's right, and I'm wrong. But, hey, all evolutionists are the same.

No, TGHL. I'm not going to read your reply. You always find something new to believe. Monkies, the Bing Bang, Northern lights. Now, how can you believe in them all? Our earth is too complex to be made out of whatever you believe is the truth.

"My mama was a fish, my mama was a fish!" -crosses eyes-

No proof? NO PROOF? Of course there is proof. Go to the Galapagos Islands and you will see the best example of evolution on this planet. Notice how each Turtle or Tortoise on each island has a different shell or characteristic? You'd expect them all to be the same according to your Creationist theory, now wouldn't you? Thats because they all stem from the same Giant Turtle/Tortoise and have adapted to survive each island's invidual climate. Why not ask Horatio to take you there in his plane? Horatio can enjoy the splendid scenery, while you try and find something that can undermind the evolutionary theory. Of course if you don't want to try the Galapgos, why not try the Desert or the Rainforest? Cacti are very good when it comes to showing off evolution. And if you still don't believe me and these examples aren't good enough, ask yourself why the Cacti don't grow in the Artcic or in my back garden?

Oh yeah. You can just think that....you haven't found a body, yet, have you? Show me some real proof, other than the color of your boogers, and then, MAYBE I'll listen to you. Until then, I don't want you to post about evolution, the big bang, northern lights, or any other lies that you can make up.

I have heard of your Illuminati. I used to have a song on my song by Tobymac on it....

Ill-M-I

Ill-M-I, Ill-M-I, Ill-M-I, Ill-M-I and you

Illuminati comin' thru

Illuminati comin' thru

Flow like the Cassius, swing like the Clay

One day, I'm'a make the whole world pay

With k.o.'s and okay we bash clots-n-dot-dash

You got that right, I'm'a rock the Morse code tonight

Transmit 'n throwin' fits 'n paparazzi like zits

Get flipped out and squeezed fresh like juicy sun kissed

And if I miss with my missles you're still gonna sizzle

'Cause I frizzle fry radiation style worldwide

You got your pipeline clogged man get that puppy routed

You got the style down and since you don't know about it

Who's the loser (I am) because we come in numb love

And choicer and did I mention looser (no you didn't)

Then I do sir, producer, hit me with the juice

Much obliged got the head of a moose

So mount me on the wall of your livin' room

Sure to bring the boom

Speakin' like a zoom deep into your tomb

And if you feel the vibe glide true it's on you

And if you need to drive right through it's on you

And if your screamin' "moi non plus" it's like

What you tryin' to do when you can't fade the true one

Eruption type volcanics I got the vocal spurtmatic

Suction cup hands upside the slammin' daily planet

I do windows (on school days) spill Jim Jones (type kool-aid)

All these primrose (style bouquets) I clip those (for doomsday)

Got succulent flavor, the uprisen Savior

Manifestin' thru these mics, blastin' out your graveyard

Savor every bite that TOBYMAC gave ya

Turn and tell your neighbor this ball-o-dirt is goin' into labor

Why don't we ALL get over it and stop debating? Yes, why don't we? This is getting quite annoying. Though, I do like my brother's theory, which binds both of yours into one. My brother believes the Big Bang type thing happened because of God. Now, evolution and science, he believes. How is that possible, you ask? Why, evolution is from God improving things. Day by day. Making them better, more advanced. He believes evolution DID in fact happen. But it's Gods doings. God is creating reactions to which will help diferent creatures. No, not just the humans. Everyone. All organisms. Including plants. So yes, my brother, who I greatly agree with, believes that God DID create everything, just not within a week. He's still making it better. Now, I shall stop MY rambling, and hopefully you'll stop yours.

P.S.

Toto, I thought you weren't going to read TGHL's post. ;)

Why don't we ALL get over it and stop debating? Yes, why don't we? This is getting quite annoying. Though, I do like my brother's theory, which binds both of yours into one. My brother believes the Big Bang type thing happened because of God. Now, evolution and science, he believes. How is that possible, you ask? Why, evolution is from God improving things. Day by day. Making them better, more advanced. He believes evolution DID in fact happen. But it's Gods doings. God is creating reactions to which will help diferent creatures. No, not just the humans. Everyone. All organisms. Including plants. So yes, my brother, who I greatly agree with, believes that God DID create everything, just not within a week. He's still making it better. Now, I shall stop MY rambling, and hopefully you'll stop yours.

P.S.

Toto, I thought you weren't going to read TGHL's post. ;)

That defeats the purpose of God's word. The bible says that none of that happend.

Oh yeah. ... I don't want you to post about evolution, the big bang, northern lights, or any other lies that you can make up

So, you deny the existence of aroras, a well-documented phenonemon I have in fact witnessed personally. you can claim I am lying too, if you wish. Go right ahead, prove that you really are the mindless zombie that TGHL makes you out to be.

I don't really want to try and explain my thinking right now, let's just say, Descartes' framous statement brings up an interesting point, but isn't valid without certain assumtions.

Too late, I already have done. Replied that is, fully answering questions. And I worked in a point about it being Toto being the one guessing as well, all in all, a satisfying answer.

For a couple of reasons actually:

I proved Arkcher wrong by fully answering the question

I have finally given you everything you asked for and only TRUE hypocrites would then go and say it is me guessing, even after I have put in front of you the full process of evolution, given you proof.

I have proved to you, and unless you come up with a Christian Rock song again, that is based on the ignorance of the church of their enemy's ways, (i.e. Toto's siggie. What a load of Bulls***. [voice=ultimate sarcasam] Oh yes, this complete body and bone structure, all confirmed to be the same man, all confirmed to be from 2 million years ago, just looks like a boar's tooth we dug up from the ground. Oh dear, what a load of fools we look like now.[/ultimate sarcasam]) that is pretty much the end of the arguement on God's existance. Outcome=God is either long Dead or God never existed in the first place.

That defeats the purpose of God's word. The bible says that none of that happend.

Right. Just because the Bible says you believe? So, Ok. Last night I had a dream where I killed God. I'd better write that down. Now, I shall mass produce it. So obviously, everyone will believe that I am God slayer right, because I wrote it down and I put it in a book, so it must be true.

Oh yeah. You can just think that....you haven't found a body, yet, have you? Show me some real proof, other than the color of your boogers, and then, MAYBE I'll listen to you. Until then, I don't want you to post about evolution, the big bang, northern lights, or any other lies that you can make up.

A body? You want a full body? Ok, try the British Museum. Or your Smithosonian. Paris' museum. Berlin's. I believe there is a very good display of bodies in South Africa as well, do look rather than just weeping into your book of stories, looking for an answer to combat the truth. It won't come.

I have heard of your Illuminati. I used to have a song on my song by Tobymac on it....

Ill-M-I

Illuminati comin' thru

Illuminati comin' thru

Flow like the Cassius, swing like the Clay

One day, I'm'a make the whole world pay

With k.o.'s and okay we bash clots-n-dot-dash

You got that right, I'm'a rock the Morse code tonight

Transmit 'n throwin' fits 'n paparazzi like zits

Get flipped out and squeezed fresh like juicy sun kissed

And if I miss with my missles you're still gonna sizzle

'Cause I frizzle fry radiation style worldwide

You got your pipeline clogged man get that puppy routed

You got the style down and since you don't know about it

Who's the loser (I am) because we come in numb love

And choicer and did I mention looser (no you didn't)

Then I do sir, producer, hit me with the juice

Much obliged got the head of a moose

So mount me on the wall of your livin' room

Sure to bring the boom

Speakin' like a zoom deep into your tomb

And if you feel the vibe glide true it's on you

And if you need to drive right through it's on you

What you tryin' to do when you can't fade the true one

Eruption type volcanics I got the vocal spurtmatic

Suction cup hands upside the slammin' daily planet

I do windows (on school days) spill Jim Jones (type kool-aid)

All these primrose (style bouquets) I clip those (for doomsday)

Got succulent flavor, the uprisen Savior

Manifestin' thru these mics, blastin' out your graveyard

Savor every bite that TOBYMAC gave ya

Turn and tell your neighbor this ball-o-dirt is goin' into labor

Well that's the most inaccurate piece of rubbish I ever heard, I mean, the Christian rockers who wrote this haven't even got the reasearch done, none of it makes sense and for some reason it thinks that the Illuminati are French, by the line:

Sorry? My no greater? My not more/bigger? They can't even get their French right, let alone Illuminati lore. Do come back Toto when you what the Illuminati really are, not just based on some Ignorant (profanity)'s rambling lyrics. You know what? Since that made no sense at all, but you seem to believe it, they could achieve Prophet status!

Mindless zomie? I think not. I know about other relgions and cults, I listen to the people explaining them too. But, when you change your theroies when you're proven wrong, it's a little..what's the word? absurd. You must get your thoughts over how earth was created correctly, and then I may listen to you.

So, you deny the existence of aroras, a well-documented phenonemon I have in fact witnessed personally. you can claim I am lying too, if you wish. Go right ahead, prove that you really are the mindless zombie that TGHL makes you out to be.

I don't really want to try and explain my thinking right now, let's just say, Descartes' framous statement brings up an interesting point, but isn't valid without certain assumtions.

I think Toto was mixing up fact and fiction again and thinking that I believe everything that happened in "his Dark Materials" Trilogy is true and that Toto thinks it was written to be True.

Right. Just because the Bible says you believe? So, Ok. Last night I had a dream where I killed God. I'd better write that down. Now, I shall mass produce it. So obviously, everyone will believe that I am God slayer right, because I wrote it down and I put it in a book, so it must be true.

That's rich. How can anyone possibly kill the ruler and creator of the earth?

Ah...there goes TGHL. Wandering and complaining about things other MAIN purpose. You pretend to not notice what I'm saying. So Naive.

That's rich. How can anyone possibly kill the ruler and creator of the earth?

Ah...there goes TGHL. Wandering and complaining about things other MAIN purpose. You pretend to not notice what I'm saying. So Naive.

Reasons God COULD be killed, if he existed:

1) He would have to be concious if he was to have the imagination to create the earth, yes? So, since he must have conciousness to create, he must have a physical brain, since it is impossible to have a conciousness without some sort of brain. And since God is not going to be stupid, obviously not because you say he is omniscient, he is going to create a physical shell or "body." That body MUST be somewhere. I find the body. I kill the BRAIN and BODY. God is dead. Logic.

2) God must be mortal since he is subject to the ravishes of time. And before you say, God is un-aging, he isn't. According to the Bible, he walked with Adam and Eve as a 20/30 year old in Eden, Appeared to the next witness of God as a middle aged man and then when he appeared to David, he was an old man with a huge beard. God ages. Face it, that shows mortality.

No, there goes Toto doing exactly what she says I'm doing. What is the "MAIN" purpose here? I doubt you even know it. And I do notice what you are saying thats how I'm able to RESPOND to it. So really, taking that into account, you are the naive one, since you avoided the fact I was criticising you for taking what is in the Bible as solid fact, since it is old and is written down and have yet to realise that there is no comeback to my explanation of evolution and just refuse to even read it when I give you the full answers!

Reasons God COULD be killed, if he existed:

1) He would have to be concious if he was to have the imagination to create the earth, yes? So, since he must have conciousness to create, he must have a physical brain, since it is impossible to have a conciousness without some sort of brain. And since God is not going to be stupid, obviously not because you say he is omniscient, he is going to create a physical shell or "body." That body MUST be somewhere. I find the body. I kill the BRAIN and BODY. God is dead. Logic.

2) God must be mortal since he is subject to the ravishes of time. And before you say, God is un-aging, he isn't. According to the Bible, he walked with Adam and Eve as a 20/30 year old in Eden, Appeared to the next witness of God as a middle aged man and then when he appeared to David, he was an old man with a huge beard. God ages. Face it, that shows mortality.

No, there goes Toto doing exactly what she says I'm doing. What is the "MAIN" purpose here? I doubt you even know it. And I do notice what you are saying thats how I'm able to RESPOND to it. So really, taking that into account, you are the naive one, since you avoided the fact I was criticising you for taking what is in the Bible as solid fact, since it is old and is written down and have yet to realise that there is no comeback to my explanation of evolution and just refuse to even read it when I give you the full answers!

Jesus was killed, but not God. Then, Jesus rose again 3 days later. There is no body to be found. Back-in-the day, people lived longer. I think Adam and Eve lived 900, or so years. God never showed himself. So, how can you tell if he ages or not? -raises one eyebrow- The whole white beared look is Britney Spear's version, but no one knows what God looks like. Jesus was sent as a mortal for 30 years, and I believe he still is 30 years, but I don't know for certin.

And, no, TGHL. You are not able to RESPOND to it, because you can't even get your therories right. You constantly change your mind, and you change your beliefs over what you think. You're right. There is no comback to fiction. Nice to listen to, hard to believe as fact.

Jesus was killed, but not God. Then, Jesus rose again 3 days later. There is no body to be found. Back-in-the day, people lived longer. I think Adam and Eve lived 900, or so years. God never showed himself. So, how can you tell if he ages or not? -raises one eyebrow- The whole white beared look is Britney Spear's version, but no one knows what God looks like. Jesus was sent as a mortal for 30 years, and I believe he still is 30 years, but I don't know for certin.

And, no, TGHL. You are not able to RESPOND to it, because you can't even get your therories right. You constantly change your mind, and you change your beliefs over what you think. You're right. There is no comback to fiction. Nice to listen to, hard to believe as fact.

I didn't even mention Jesus, Toto. Nor did I say that I actually killed God. *sigh* Now look who is rambling and avoiding the real question! Ha! Caught you!

And no, check your own heavily modified Bible sometime. Maybe you will actually see what I was talking about. And, btw, thanks for saying you aren't certain, because that just gives me more ammuniton! So if you aren't certain about Jesus' age, how can you be SO sure that everything in the Bible is fact, how can you be SO sure that God exists, huh? Both of which are much bigger and more fantastic than remembering how old Jesus was at the time of ressurection.

I HAVE YOU BLIND AND IGNORANT BIBLE BASHER! HOW DARE YOU IGNORE WHAT I HAVE DONE IN RESPONSE TO YOUR ASKING! EVERY TIME YOU WANT ANSWERS I BLOODY WELL SUPPLY THEM, AND YOU THEN SAY "I'm not even going to bother looking!" JUST PROOVING THAT THERE IS NO REASOINING WITH YOU AT ALL BECAUSE YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE YOUR DECISION.

Well, now it is your turn to provide answers Toto, because I'm sick of having to provide them for science. I'm sure Arkcher can give you some help as well, since he seems very well read when it comes to the Bible and of course his own denomination of Christianity, Mormonism.

First Question:

How can you know that everything in the Bible is true, and not some rubbish made up on the spot?

Second Question:

If God is all about forgiveness, why did he not forgive Adam and Eve for being tricked by the serpent?

Third Question:

Why did the Angels rise up against the "Authority" or God and almost overthrow him if he is so great and powerful?

Fourth Question, for you Toto:

Why are you so closed minded when it comes to everything that contridicts God's existance?

Fifth Question, for you again Toto:

Why do you rely on ignorance to supply your knowledge about your enemy's ways? (Science and the Illuminati)

Like I said, TGHL. I'm not going to talk to you in this topic until you have some cold, hard proof that your beliefs are right.

You never answered my question even. (I think it was my 5th time asking.)

Why cant you even get your therories right? You constantly change your mind, and you change your beliefs over what you think. One minute it's "Evolution is correct! Bow down!!! My mother was a fish!" And the next is, "The big bang went like, 'BOOM!' and there were little goats walking around!"

ok, back a few lines:

now that john paul II is dead, do you think that mainstream christian music may improve?

just a thought, but this might be just the thing to shake loose the cr~ that keeps the good stuff from getting out.

(BTW: I am undecided about the Newsboys, Shine is a great song, but the music store soundbites didn't seem promising for the rest of their music, although, they do seem to find the worst possible thirty seconds of a song to use for those.)

Like I said, TGHL. I'm not going to talk to you in this topic until you have some cold, hard proof that your beliefs are right.

You never answered my question even. (I think it was my 5th time asking.)

Why cant you even get your therories right? You constantly change your mind, and you change your beliefs over what you think. One minute it's "Evolution is correct! Bow down!!! My mother was a fish!" And the next is, "The big bang went like, 'BOOM!'  and there were little goats walking around!"

I have! Can you not face it and why do you alude the fact I have given you your answers and your proof and still you refuse to look at it. You're the one avoiding the truth Toto, not me.

Yes I did, If you look, I answered your two pathetic questions.

I haven't changed my mind at all! Evolution is correct, and so is the Big Bang. Neither contridict each other, in fact they support each other! And how can my mother be a fish if I am a Phoenix? And Humans didn't evolve from Monkeys btw, Modern Monkeys and Humans evolved from the same primitive lifeform. Get your facts right before citicising, and also, by facts I mean what science ACTUALLY says, not what your local church's propoganda and Christian Rock fest says, what Science says.

The bible is NOT the only evidence or material that we have. Judging christianity by the bible alone, is well...

The best example I can think of (Me, i just woke up so its stupid) Is that I would judge that britain and euorope and such isnt necessarily a country because it has a stupid name.

I think that you will find this to be just as stupid of an excuse just as I think that you are not rightfully judging our beleifs by the bible alone.

(Now just out of curiosity, Have you even read it? o_o)

Although, I will not have Toto, Jesusfreak or Lexxy-man to confirm this that I beleive, For all you could know im just making this up on the spot.

Im fairly sure that I'M the only LDS/Mormon person here on this board, (Eh? Anyone else?) Meaning I am the only one who has more scriptural reference than the bible alone.

And no, I do not listen to christian rock, I think it is irreverent and contradicts away from us saying we are peaceful or spiritual people. Rock music usually drives away this... (Whats the word, um...) Title? Meh.

TGHL, Why are you viewing everything here in a pessimistic way? I do not think you are effectively debating, by just saying 'your beleifs are stupid and theres nothing good about them' In ways and undetailed. But, From my understanding, (I am not effectively debating neither. o_O) You have not looked into the detail, the fine print, the real goodness of the religions you mock. If you just start criticizing a religion without looking at it first, I'm convinced you are just babbling on about what isnt there.

The bible is NOT the only evidence or material that we have. Judging christianity by the bible alone, is well...

The best example I can think of (Me, i just woke up so its stupid) Is that I would judge that britain and euorope and such isnt necessarily a country because it has a stupid name.

I think that you will find this to be just as stupid of an excuse just as I think that you are not rightfully judging our beleifs by the bible alone.

(Now just out of curiosity, Have you even read it? o_o)

Although, I will not have Toto, Jesusfreak or Lexxy-man to confirm this that I beleive, For all you could know im just making this up on the spot.

Im fairly sure that I'M the only LDS/Mormon person here on this board, (Eh? Anyone else?) Meaning I am the only one who has more scriptural reference than the bible alone.

And no, I do not listen to christian rock, I think it is irreverent and contradicts away from us saying we are peaceful or spiritual people. Rock music usually drives away this... (Whats the word, um...) Title? Meh.

TGHL, Why are you viewing everything here in a pessimistic way? I do not think you are effectively debating, by just saying 'your beleifs are stupid and theres nothing good about them' In ways and undetailed. But, From my understanding, (I am not effectively debating neither. o_O) You have not looked into the detail, the fine print, the real goodness of the religions you mock. If you just start criticizing a religion without looking at it first, I'm convinced you are just babbling on about what isnt there.

Really, you have some sort of ancient video tape of God? So where is this mysterious non-scripture/fictional proof? Do show.

Sorry, I'm confused. Where does that come in? And what's stupid about the names? Britain, came from Brittania, Latin for... I forget. But then again what is stupid about names derived from Latin and why is Europe so silly in comparison to America?

Oh, I'm not judging it JUST by the Bible, I'm judging Christianity from its actions, 0 AD to present day. I'm judging it by the way it accepts new information, in a typically closed-minded attitude. I'm judging it by the structure and also by its supporters.

You probably are Arkcher, unless a mysterious Mormon would like to step forward?

Good, I am glad you don't mix two bad things to make an awful one. I shall refrain from making a contreversial comment on the peaceful and spiritual comment.

1) I think you mean critical or cynical, not pessimistic. Pessimistic is the opposite of optimistic and is to be defeatist or very depressed.

2) Haven't looked? As I have already explained, 2 a week I am forced at school to look at flaming Christianity and what it means, what it thinks, how Jesus did this, how boring and monotonous it is and how packed full of lies it is.

And if you still question my knowledge of the scriptures, I shall do a rebuke and ask you about your knowledge. For example, What key thing did Roman Emporer Constantine do to affect Modern Christianity? Did Jesus have a lover? Was Mary Magdalene more significant in Christianity than the modern Bible plays here as?

Here's the song, I changed my sig.

Here they come, talkin' down on me

I get the funniest looks 'cause I said I don't believe

They say we were monkeys

They think they're saying something profound

But where's their missing link at? There weren't any bodies found

They built a man from a hog's tooth-They called a lie the truth

And any time they get busted- They sell you something new

They say we were monkeys

I think that they've been monkeyin' around

Cause they're too busy changin' their books and their studies 'round

They're just tryin' to defend it- they got a lot to re-explain

Where they've done excavation, they keep uncoverin' mistakes

Any time or any where- just look over the boulders

you'll see that man's been there

They say we were monkeys

I think their heads are stuck in the ground

Cause they're too busy diggin' and putting the Bible down

(spoken:) Java Man was the skull of a gibbon

Nebraska Man was the tooth of a pig and

the Pitdown Man was a low down sham

They built that man form an orangutang

Ramapithics wasn't complete he's a fragment of jaw and a couple of teeth

additional skeletons show us today that he isn't our relative- only an ape

Australapithicus alias Lucy the fossil of this was just bague and confusing

the wonderful knee bone they're proud to possess

was 200 feet deeper- a mile from the rest

Neanderthal Man was prob'ly deficient

in Vitamin D of it might've been rickets

but he had religion and musical instruments

fire and tools and from you he's no different

(sang:) They say we were monkeys

But people came from dust in the ground

But they're too busy thinkin' to look into what we've found

They're just kinda pretending, but I know why they seem afraid

If we come from creation, you need God's son to be saved

They say we were monkeys but there was no evidence found

Still you'd better get ready- They'll make it up anyhow

Really, you have some sort of ancient video tape of God? So where is this mysterious non-scripture/fictional proof? Do show.

Sorry, I'm confused. Where does that come in? And what's stupid about the names? Britain, came from Brittania, Latin for... I forget. But then again what is stupid about names derived from Latin and why is Europe so silly in comparison to America?

Oh, I'm not judging it JUST by the Bible, I'm judging Christianity from its actions, 0 AD to present day. I'm judging it by the way it accepts new information, in a typically closed-minded attitude. I'm judging it by the structure and also by its supporters.

You probably are Arkcher, unless a mysterious Mormon would like to step forward?

Good, I am glad you don't mix two bad things to make an awful one. I shall refrain from making a contreversial comment on the peaceful and spiritual comment.

1) I think you mean critical or cynical, not pessimistic. Pessimistic is the opposite of optimistic and is to be defeatist or very depressed.

2) Haven't looked? As I have already explained, 2 a week I am forced at school to look at flaming Christianity and what it means, what it thinks, how Jesus did this, how boring and monotonous it is and how packed full of lies it is.

And if you still question my knowledge of the scriptures, I shall do a rebuke and ask you about your knowledge. For example, What key thing did Roman Emporer Constantine do to affect Modern Christianity? Did Jesus have a lover? Was Mary Magdalene more significant in Christianity than the modern Bible plays here as?

I have more scriptural reference, I have no techological proof.

I have The Bible (Old and New testament) The book of mormon, The doctrine & covenants, The pearl of great price, And their impressive contents. DO NOT call me hyocritical or a false religion until you know what these books contain.

Just... Nevermind that part. I tried making a wierd scenario/metaphor thing, And it didnt work. o_o;

The Bible covers the beginning of time, to about 480AD. And, Just what happened before then and now? Well, We have... I have more scriptural history and reference to cover that.

I'm no expert on christianity in general, Just vague information on the surrounding branches of my religion. You seem to have studied a lot more on this that I would care to, So I can't really say anything about that. You're judging christianity in whole again.

I see no evidence that you know much of anything about my LDS religion, So why would you have a comment to begin with on how peaceful or spiritual its members are?

Okay, My volcabulary is a little off when I first wake up. Pessimistic probably wasnt the right word. And even now i cannot think of the right word, So i'd give you the definition for whatever it is.

Adjective- Looking on the bad side of things, Never on the good parts of what they criticize. They do not have anything to appreciate- only things to point out how bad it is.

I dunno what that word would be, And from what I had heard in conversations and talkings, Pessemist was the most relevant word.

Yeah. And here I am putting up with you criticizing everything. (Im just here to correct any wrong comments you make on my religion, if at all. Thats at least one reason for why i'm in this topic, anyway) If I was forced to look at christianity and things i did not beleive in, I'd just live with it. If there is nothing that can be done about this, Then just put up with it. (Not saying you arent already... But I must add- This is a rather foreign concept for me. I dont fully understand what it is your saying there.)

Im not questioning your knowledge of the scriptures, Im just saying your taking it the wrong way.

I'd need to get back to you on that due to lack of time right now...

No.

No.

I know quite a lot about your religion, Arkcher. I lived in the LDS capital for a year, and I've studied it too...

Looking at your previous posts about it, And that post as well, It looks like this information you've studied was from an anti-mormon organization, as it was only vaguely correct.

Salt late City Utah is NOT the religions capitol, It is where one of the many temples are and where the prophet, seer and relevator lives, Along with their administrative councelors. Not in the least is that its capitol- Thats just where a lot of LDS people congregate. a LOT of them. Yes. o_o

this whole topic has gotten was out of control, but it probably helps hold the board togeter, I don't really want to sort through all 55 pages, did anyone ever comment on the fact that the book of mormon was supposedly originally given to that dude by some angel who told him to never show it to anyone, so everything is based upon his translation of the tablets? I can't really recall, I just remember looking it up myself, and the book of mormon I looked at seemed to back that up, or perhaps technically it was the forward to the book of mormon.

so any comments Arkcher?

this whole topic has gotten was out of control, but it probably helps hold the board togeter, I don't really want to sort through all 55 pages, did anyone ever comment on the fact that the book of mormon was supposedly originally given to that dude by some angel who told him to never show it to anyone, so everything is based upon his translation of the tablets? I can't really recall, I just remember looking it up myself, and the book of mormon I looked at seemed to back that up, or perhaps technically it was the forward to the book of mormon.

so any comments Arkcher?

It has a rather long and interesting history, That is a vague part of it.

Moroni (the angel in this case) had told to Joseph Smith (Who according to toto, founded the religion himself. --; ) where the original book of mormon was (at the time it was a big heavy set of golden plates with carved text) and was instructed to protect it from their adversaries.

(This isnt all of its long and interesting history.)

And yes, I agree that this topic went and got too far out of control.

-begins poking TGHL in various places- o-o;

It has a rather long and interesting history, That is a vague part of it.

Moroni (the angel in this case) had told to Joseph Smith (Who according to toto, founded the religion himself. --; ) where the original book of mormon was (at the time it was a big heavy set of golden plates with carved text) and was instructed to protect it from their adversaries.

(This isnt all of its long and interesting history.)

And yes, I agree that this topic went and got too far out of control.

-begins poking TGHL in various places- o-o;

Serious question: Would you prefer that I had censored it or let it run it's course?

Oh dear, both are wrong answers. How sad. I'm going to go through the rest of post after this one, before Toto criticises me.

1) Jesus DID have lover. Who was, suprise suprise, Mary Magdalene. She was not in fact a whore/prostitute/hooker. And before Toto says "Oh well, that is very much false as the Gospels tell us. The Gospels in fact DO mention that Magdalene was Jesus's lover and had Jesus' child! But, don't scurry over to your Bible and rip it apart looking for this, because you won't find it. It is in the other 296 gospels that were written, but got kicked out by Constantine who wanted to depict Men as being better and superior and Magdalene was a whore. And if you want to know where these gospels are, try the Dead Sea Scrolls and other such scrolls thathave been uncovered, all tell the same thing

2) And as I stated above, Mary Magdalene is much more important than you think. She was the carrier of Jesus' seed, even today the line is still alive, but even if they were to come forward you wouldn't believe them would you? Because you believe that your heavily adapted Bible's are always right. (more Toto than Arkcher, because I don't understand Mormonism or its scriptures. I don't even know what its main stream beliefs are, except that they are different from Christianity's mainstream beliefs)

And if you still doubt that Mary Magdalene was important, find the Holy Grail. You'll be suprised.

1) Jesus DID have lover. Who was, suprise suprise, Mary Magdalene. She was not in fact a whore/prostitute/hooker. And before Toto says "Oh well, that is very much false as the Gospels tell us. The Gospels in fact DO mention that Magdalene was Jesus's lover and had Jesus' child! But, don't scurry over to your Bible and rip it apart looking for this, because you won't find it. It is in the other 296 gospels that were written, but got kicked out by Constantine who wanted to depict Men as being better and superior and Magdalene was a whore. And if you want to know where these gospels are, try the Dead Sea Scrolls and other such scrolls thathave been uncovered, all tell the same thing

2) And as I stated above, Mary Magdalene is much more important than you think. She was the carrier of Jesus' seed, even today the line is still alive, but even if they were to come forward you wouldn't believe them would you? Because you believe that your heavily adapted Bible's are always right. (more Toto than Arkcher, because I don't understand Mormonism or its scriptures. I don't even know what its main stream beliefs are, except that they are different from Christianity's mainstream beliefs)

And if you still doubt that Mary Magdalene was important, find the Holy Grail. You'll be suprised.

No he didnt. o_O;

Ever think you could have different branches of christianity confused with another? I'm not really getting what you're saying here.

Oh dear, both are wrong answers. How sad. I'm going to go through the rest of post after this one, before Toto criticises me.

1) Where does it bible say that? Yes, it has been thought that. But, no, no one has any proof. Jesus was never married. Jesus never had a child. Jesus never sinned. So, how can those be added together?

Maybe it would be better if you did not allow the topic of belief at HD? TGHL tends to carry it too...far...into topics, his signature, and other places. I think this topic has caused some hatred towards eachother..?

Maybe it would be better if you did not allow the topic of belief at HD? TGHL tends to carry it too...far...into topics, his signature, and other places. I think this topic has caused some hatred towards eachother..?

TGHL does not hate you or anyone else. I was hoping you all could have a discussion.

find the Holy Grail. You'll be suprised

I think I get what you refer to, there is some debate as to the exact meaning of that line "the disciple jesus loved carried the vessel of the blood of christ in secret"

the tradional view is that the cup from the last supper was hidden away, but there is no record of which word for love was originally used.

I hate you all. Rarr. o_o;

Okay im over that. Y'all are spiffy. -glomps everyone- n_n

I think this topic has its downsides and upsides, It ticks meh off frequently (but then i get over it o-o) and it lets us know more about each others religions and know more about that person.

Thats just what I think.

1) Where does it bible say that? Yes, it has been thought that. But, no, no one has any proof. Jesus was never married. Jesus never had a child. Jesus never sinned. So, how can those be added together?

And do you know WHY your Bible doesn't say that? Because, oops, your Bible is censored. If you actually READ the rest of the post and don't skim read, you will realise WHY it isn't in the Bible. The Bible is not always right Toto, and just because things aren't in it, doesn't mean they didn't happen. (and M.M was married to him or was his illegitimate lover. Who knows. He certainly did give M.M the honour of carrying his seed though)

I don't hate you, and nor do I carry it

too...far...into topics, his (my) signature, and other places
in fact, for all your feverent and zealous belief it is YOU who carries it into those places, not I. Example: Christian Rock songs in your siggie.

Example: Refusing to even READ the post on evolution

Example: Denying all claims about J.C and M.M, even when proof is thrust in one's face

Example: Involving Christianity in other topics, when it is slightly irrelevant. (Terry Schiavo, I can understand. World Hunger, I can not.)

READ THIS NEXT BIT! DO NOT SKIP!

However, I am not completely blameless either. I do admit I have dredged up Science Vs. Creationism and Religon more than I should do.

Yes, I know I do, but I don't flat out say it....

And, no, I did not bring Christianity to the World Hunger thing. Most Christians aren't vegans, they're actually against it. (Here, anyways. Bloody rednecks. ;;)

And, for awhile, I have had MCR in my signature. I saw your's, and thought I shouldn't be hypocritic. MCR is one of the most furthest away from Christian. (Marylin Manson at the top..)

READ THIS NEXT BIT! DO NOT SKIP!

However, I am not completely blameless either. I do admit I have dredged up Science Vs. Creationism and Religon more than I should do.

Toto... did you read this? You made no mention of it. :blink:

Yes, I know I do, but I don't flat out say it....

And, no, I did not bring Christianity to the World Hunger thing. Most Christians aren't vegans, they're actually against it. (Here, anyways. Bloody rednecks. ;;)

And, for awhile, I have had MCR in my signature. I saw your's, and thought I shouldn't be hypocritic. MCR is one of the most furthest away from Christian. (Marylin Manson at the top..)

You certainly find enough time to debase science, while avoiding questions put forward.

Sorry, wrong topic reference. There was another topic you brought religon too that I can't remember, except that I was annoyed with it.

How long is "awhile" because I swear that yesterday you had Newsboys or something different that was certainly Christian rock.

TGHL. Toto along with many other people are in denial(no offense intended) and WILL NOT accept your ideas, the theory(SCIENTIFIC theory, not the guess kind) of evolution, or your view of truth. Let us leave them at that. Let us allow them to deny that science is real. That gravity is real. That in fact, the species suddenly popped up on Earth, out of nowhere, and that they stayed that way. I believe that they think that whales did not in fact evolve from a wolf-like creature eventually adapting to the ocean by natural selection. People probably think whales are fish and not mammals for all I know! But the point is, TGHL, the both of you will not accept the other's ideas. Let us leave it at that.

What I would like to see is tolerance.

For example: if Skwerlhugger Will believes his God is the squirrel who resides in his locker, we do not have to agree with him, we do not have to believe what he believes, hopefully we will accept him as our friend and allow him his beliefs. If Mega Wolf and Jesse believe the next Messiah will be in the form of a wolf, we do not need to follow them unless we like what they have to say and we chose to follow this belief.

Religion, politics and sex are topics where people are very passionate. Being passionate about something is good. What needs to be acted upon is tolerance. Allow people to believe in what they desire. Your way is not necessarily the only way. When there is a topic such as this one, debate is good. Debating is a way to learn something. You do not have to change your beliefs, but be open to what someone else has to say. What if I was to tell you that God was a woman. Men did not want to be ruled by a matriarchal society so they decided to write their own book, with their own rules. The book told them to destroy all other religions that were not theirs. Voila. Now we have the Bible and Christianity. You might think that I have lost my marbles, you might agree with me or you might just listen to what I have to say and think "to each their own". This would be my thinking. If I presented enough facts that you decided to investigate this further, whether or not you agreed with me, you have just expanded yourself. In this search, you might understand more about your own religion. Knowledge is power.

All I ask, is for all of you to be accepting of others and their beliefs. Tolerance.

Thanks for listening.

Horatio

TGHL. Toto along with many other people are in denial(no offense intended) and WILL NOT accept your ideas, the theory(SCIENTIFIC theory, not the guess kind) of evolution, or your view of truth. Let us leave them at that. Let us allow them to deny that science is real. That gravity is real. That in fact, the species suddenly popped up on Earth, out of nowhere, and that they stayed that way. I believe that they think that whales did not in fact evolve from a wolf-like creature eventually adapting to the ocean by natural selection. People probably think whales are fish and not mammals for all I know! But the point is, TGHL, the both of you will not accept the other's ideas. Let us leave it at that.

I guess I have to don't I? No matter what you say, they won't believe it. In fact, I'm giving up and going to CERN at least I won't have to interact with so many zealots and fanatics (I have only managed to count 3, but there are more.... I'm sure of it....)

What I would like to see is tolerance

For example:  if Skwerlhugger Will believes his God is the squirrel who resides in his locker, we do not have to agree with him, we do not have to believe what he believes, hopefully we will accept him as our friend and allow him his beliefs.  If Mega Wolf and Jesse believe the next Messiah will be in the form of a wolf, we do not need to follow them unless we like what they have to say and we chose to follow this belief.

Religion, politics and sex

Tolerance.

Thanks for listening.

Horatio

Ok, then. It doesn't matter anyway because I'm leaving this topic for CERN anyway.

Yes, but when did Skwerlhugger Will join in this topic? Or it that just another random example?

Fine, If I can tolerate the Monster Raving loony party sending political candidates to my door, I can tolerate obscure religous sects.

Yes, but aren't wolves very down to Earth and don't really care about the future or the past, more specifically about now and where is the next caribou? Sorry... Sorry... I know example.

Religon: Yes, nothing else (except Bushites) has caused more wars and problems on this world than religon.

Politics: Sometimes, yes. We all dislike the Tories and UKIP-ians. We all hate BNP supporters. We all loathe Bush. Except those who support them. And then the rows break out.

Sex: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GASP! I don't know about Sex, but isn't Abortion the KEY issue at the minute? I haven't noticed any flaming rows about that recently without connection to religon or Abortion and stupid Christian women parading down the streets with fake babies stuck to crosses, despite the fact they haven't been born yet at the time of Abortion and are barely 3 months developed at the time of abortion and are still unrecognisable at time of abortion.

Oh yes, Tolerance. Fine, I agree.

Thank you for your flawless diplomatic negotiation skills Horatio, as always. Have you considered a job as a Mediator?

(Stick on a dull, deep monotone and you can call yourself Henry Kissinger)

Ok, then. It doesn't matter anyway because I'm leaving this topic for CERN anyway.

Yes, but when did Skwerlhugger Will join in this topic? Or it that just another random example?

Fine, If I can tolerate the Monster Raving loony party sending political candidates to my door, I can tolerate obscure religous sects.

Yes, but aren't wolves very down to Earth and don't really care about the future or the past, more specifically about now and where is the next caribou? Sorry... Sorry... I know example.

Religon: Yes, nothing else (except Bushites) has caused more wars and problems on this world than religon.

Politics: Sometimes, yes. We all dislike the Tories and UKIP-ians. We all hate BNP supporters. We all loathe Bush. Except those who support them. And then the rows break out.

Sex: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GASP! I don't know about Sex, but isn't Abortion the KEY issue at the minute? I haven't noticed any flaming rows about that recently without connection to religon or Abortion and stupid Christian women parading down the streets with fake babies stuck to crosses, despite the fact they haven't been born yet at the time of Abortion and are barely 3 months developed at the time of abortion and are still unrecognisable at time of abortion.

Oh yes, Tolerance. Fine, I agree.

Thank you for your flawless diplomatic negotiation skills Horatio, as always. Have you considered a job as a Mediator?

Skwerlhugger Will, Mega Wolf and Jesse, as you already are aware, are examples.

Religion, a good topic to debate as long as it does not get into personal attacks.

Politics, another good debate topic.

Sex... abortion would not be a topic if sex was not involved. Of course, if you are talking the immaculate conception... well...

My voice is not deep enough to mimic Henry Kissinger. :lol::lol::lol:

I like debates because I learn. It makes me want to do indepth research on the particular topic of debate. You are exposed to new ideas and thoughts through debate.... so in other words... you are not leaving this topic for CERN. If you do go, have fun in the world's largest particle physics laboratory. :lol::lol::lol:

Skwerlhugger Will, Mega Wolf and Jesse, as you already are aware, are examples.

Religion, a good topic to debate as long as it does not get into personal attacks.

Sex... abortion would not be a topic if sex was not involved.  Of course, if you are talking the immaculate conception... well...

My voice is not deep enough to mimic Henry Kissinger.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I like debates because I learn.  It makes me want to do indepth research on the particular topic of debate.  You are exposed to new ideas and thoughts through debate.... so in other words... you are not leaving this topic for CERN.  If you do go, have fun in the world's largest particle physics laboratory.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I believe Skwerl has set up a new religon of worshiping the omnipotent squirrel in his locker and it has already over taken Jedi as the 6th most popular religon. :lol:

Of course Jesse and MW's calims are perfectly valid, what better way in which to personify the human nature than a wolf? Actually quite true, for wolves are fircely territorial as are we. Unrelentless when aggrivated and always striving for more power and bigger packs. Except our resident wolves seem so much more... friendly.

Sex... abortion would not be a topic if sex was not involved.  Of course, if you are talking the immaculate conception... well...

My voice is not deep enough to mimic Henry Kissinger.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I like debates because I learn.  It makes me want to do indepth research on the particular topic of debate.  You are exposed to new ideas and thoughts through debate.... so in other words... you are not leaving this topic for CERN.  If you do go, have fun in the world's largest particle physics laboratory.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Oops.. Forgot to finish my other post before hitting Add Reply

Where was I? Oh yes.

Religon: However it seems to always broil down into it? Strip away the courtesies and the subtle media attacks (biggest oxymoron I've ever made) and all you get is personal insults.

Politics: Like putting matter with antimatter, this always makes an explosion. A sort of table tennis discussion, but a heated discussion.

Sex: But surely since abortion is a bi-product of the product of a sexual relationship, surely it in itself is connected with the issue? You mean the thing the late pontiff supreme, Jean Paul II was firmly against, only furthering the AIDS/HIV epidemic in Africa and starting a new one in Brazil.

Shame, if you had a deep baratone like Minister for Education, Ruth Kelly (here's something you might want to research, Ruth Kelly is a member of Opus Dei care to enlighten us as to what this is? I know obviously. They just finished spending $44 million in NYC for their new HQ) you could mimic Henry Kissinger perfeclty.

And that is one of the many things in life you excel in isn't it, Horatio? The reasearch and discovery of new topics mentioned on these boards? You could be a brilliant historian of almost anything thanks to the internet and your superb researching skills within minutes. Why I bet by the time you are reading you know all about Ruth Kelly and the Opus Dei. I congratulate you Horatio on being so good, and I apologise for having to inform you that you will never work for the Bush administration, because they rely on misinformation and would not take kindly to you knowing the truth.

You have been busy haven't you? Yes, CERN is the largest particle physics laboratory in the world. However, it was originally formed to do research in Nuclear physics, explaining the N (which stands for Nucleaire (probably misspelt) the Swiss French for Nuclear.) and it still does since that falls under particle physics. Did you see the latest discovery, antimatter? Of course you did, because this is the world's foremost researcher I am talking to! Nice to know Dan Brown does his research as well as you.

Math is power. Er... I mean. *clears throat* I suppose debate is good, with the exception of the ones that get out of hand. And I suppose this is one of them that, well, got REALLY out of hand. And yes, you learn a lot from these debates, no doubt, and you get to see another poin of view. TGHL's comments have influenced my way of thinking. Before I had no doubt about God being there to suddenly zap things onto Earth, until TGHL mentioned the fact that the bible dates back 3000 or so years ago, when the Earth was in fact around for billions of years before. I feel now that I was a bit blind. But I believe I'm the only one who he's influenced. Well, I better worry more about the present than the past or future. After all, where's the fun in worrying about things that you can't fix or fretting about something that won't happen for a very long time? I like taking things as they come.

In asking this question, we're basically asking "What kind of proof will be good enough? How much proof is needed?". When we talk about proof, we're talking about establishing some degree of certainty about something.

Scientific knowledge is based on repeated observations, but scientific knowledge is only one kind of knowledge. Other kinds include historical knowledge, philosophical knowledge, moral knowledge and personal knowledge. These types of knowledge lie outside the bounds of scientific knowledge.

For example, take historical knowledge. Can you prove that King Henry the Eighth existed? Using the scientific approach of observation and repeatable experiments, impossible! But using historical methods, it is certain that he existed beyond a reasonable doubt. This phrase is the key. While not one person living today has ever seen King Henry the Eighth, we know he existed beyond a reasonable doubt. This is why in law courts, a jury must be convinced of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, not beyond a shadow of a doubt.

So, when we look to prove whether God exists today, a scientific approach will not work. The amount of proof needed is enough so that we can say: "God exists beyond a reasonable doubt".

That is all I have to say. Thank you for your time.

OK, now, this might seem a bit ..conterersial, but, I think any sensible creator would not waste time to create both paradise and torment realm, when the same afterlife could serve both functions.

for example:

Joe live a good life, true to his beleifs. he dies and finds he has all the time he could ever want to do the one thing he truely loved, play the theremin.

jules, a serial killer, forum troll and all-around-bad guy, really hates electronic music. one day, the police catch up to him, unfortunatly an angy mob has already beaten him to a pulp with pitchforks and torches.

now, wouldn't it make sense to put these two in ajacent rooms?

OK, now, this might seem a bit ..conterersial, but, I think any sensible creator would not waste time to create both paradise and torment realm, when the same afterlife  could serve both functions.

for example:

Joe live a good life, true to his beleifs. he dies and finds he has all the time he could ever want to do the one thing he truely loved, play the theremin.

jules, a serial killer, forum troll and all-around-bad guy, really hates electronic music. one day, the police catch up to him, unfortunatly an angy mob has already beaten him to a pulp with pitchforks and torches.

Much more sense. And wouldn't it make more sense to put people like me in a thrid room where we can't "pollute" God's flock?

For example, take historical knowledge. Can you prove that King Henry the Eighth existed? Using the scientific approach of observation and repeatable experiments, impossible! But using historical methods, it is certain that he existed beyond a reasonable doubt. This phrase is the key. While not one person living today has ever seen King Henry the Eighth, we know he existed beyond a reasonable doubt. This is why in law courts, a jury must be convinced of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, not beyond a shadow of a doubt.

So, when we look to prove whether God exists today, a scientific approach will not work. The amount of proof needed is enough so that we can say: "God exists beyond a reasonable doubt".

Is this another example of the Church being blindly and ridicously stupid? it looks like it.

Of course science can prove he existed! Get his body out of the ground, test the DNA against a blood sample from the current Royalty or decedants. Carbon date his body to that period and thus prove that:

1) Henry VIII did exist

2) He was King

3) He lived in the time period he was said to

Of course that is just science backing up History, for we have many authentic documents from that time, so duh of course he existed. Come up with a better example.

Well, since God exists its a bit hard to proove he exists. Good luck trying to, because all you have as evidence from even a religous point of view is a book and a man's word he existed. Even looking at it from a historical point of view it seems absurd, because there is no authentic or uncensored documentation to proove God existed. How can you be so sure that God existed anyway, even looking at it from a religous viewpoint?

Oops.. Forgot to finish my other post before hitting Add Reply

Where was I? Oh yes.

Religon: However it seems to always broil down into it? Strip away the courtesies and the subtle media attacks (biggest oxymoron I've ever made) and all you get is personal insults.

Politics: Like putting matter with antimatter, this always makes an explosion. A sort of table tennis discussion, but a heated discussion.

Sex: But surely since abortion is a bi-product of the product of a sexual relationship, surely it in itself is connected with the issue? You mean the thing the late pontiff supreme, Jean Paul II was firmly against, only furthering the AIDS/HIV epidemic in Africa and starting a new one in Brazil.

Shame, if you had a deep baratone like Minister for Education, Ruth Kelly (here's something you might want to research, Ruth Kelly is a member of Opus Dei care to enlighten us as to what this is? I know obviously. They just finished spending $44 million in NYC for their new HQ) you could mimic Henry Kissinger perfeclty.

And that is one of the many things in life you excel in isn't it, Horatio? The reasearch and discovery of new topics mentioned on these boards? You could be a brilliant historian of almost anything thanks to the internet and your superb researching skills within minutes. Why I bet by the time you are reading you know all about Ruth Kelly and the Opus Dei. I congratulate you Horatio on being so good, and I apologise for having to inform you that you will never work for the Bush administration, because they rely on misinformation and would not take kindly to you knowing the truth.

You have been busy haven't you? Yes, CERN is the largest particle physics laboratory in the world. However, it was originally formed to do research in Nuclear physics, explaining the N (which stands for Nucleaire (probably misspelt) the Swiss French for Nuclear.) and it still does since that falls under particle physics. Did you see the latest discovery, antimatter? Of course you did, because this is the world's foremost researcher I am talking to! Nice to know Dan Brown does his research as well as you.

Did you see this, oh mighty researching hamster?

Is this another example of the Church being blindly and ridicously stupid? it looks like it.

Of course science can prove he existed! Get his body out of the ground, test the DNA against a blood sample from the current Royalty or decedants. Carbon date his body to that period and thus prove that:

1) Henry VIII did exist

2) He was King

3) He lived in the time period he was said to

Of course that is just science backing up History, for we have many authentic documents from that time, so duh of course he existed. Come up with a better example.

Well, since God exists its a bit hard to proove he exists. Good luck trying to, because all you have as evidence from even a religous point of view is a book and a man's word he existed. Even looking at it from a historical point of view it seems absurd, because there is no authentic or uncensored documentation to proove God existed. How can you be so sure that God existed anyway, even looking at it from a religous viewpoint?

But we have no scientific proof. No tracings. Like, what you're saying about God. How do you know those documents are authintic? Like the bible?

1) Jesus did exist

2) He was King of all Kings

3) He lived in the time period he was said to, and died on a cross

What more do you want?

OK, now, this might seem a bit ..conterersial, but, I think any sensible creator would not waste time to create both paradise and torment realm, when the same afterlife  could serve both functions.

for example:

God wanted people to have a choice. He gave us free will. To chose the right way, or the wrong way.

What I would like to see is tolerance

For example:  if Skwerlhugger Will believes his God is the squirrel who resides in his locker, we do not have to agree with him, we do not have to believe what he believes, hopefully we will accept him as our friend and allow him his beliefs.  If Mega Wolf and Jesse believe the next Messiah will be in the form of a wolf, we do not need to follow them unless we like what they have to say and we chose to follow this belief.

Religion, politics and sex are topics where people are very passionate.  Being passionate about something is good.  What needs to be acted upon is tolerance.  Allow people to believe in what they desire.  Your way is not necessarily the only way.  When there is a topic such as this one, debate is good.  Debating is a way to learn something.  You do not have to change your beliefs, but be open to what someone else has to say.  What if I was to tell you that God was a woman.  Men did not want to be ruled by a matriarchal society so they decided to write their own book, with their own rules.  The book told them to destroy all other religions that were not theirs.  Voila.  Now we have the Bible and Christianity.  You might think that I have lost my marbles, you might agree with me or you might just listen to what I have to say and think "to each their own".  This would be my thinking.  If I presented enough facts that you decided to investigate this further, whether or not you agreed with me, you have just expanded yourself.  In this search, you might understand more about your own religion.  Knowledge is power.

All I ask, is for all of you to be accepting of others and their beliefs.  Tolerance.

Thanks for listening.

Horatio

Beautifully explained, my dear Horatio. Never before, with the exception of other brilliant people such as myself and a few others on this forum, have I seen such display with words and emotion! You did not give your side/opinion but clarified to people about tolerance and what not. You have kept to your word of Mod. and yet made a reply so wondrous, it leaves me in awe; not speachless or I would not be typing now lol.

Religion is war and war is power! How many nations have gone to war because of ethnics? All except for a few civil wars. You create the clouds and water that is held by them but when it starts raining, you scream "#### it is raining!".

How hipicritical and naive so many pathetique, low down, people are.

And you wish to talk about politics?! I need not say anything to express where I stand on this issue. I want to go live in Europe..... what does that say?

The glorious ritual that is so commonly known as sex.....

I know plenty about sex..... and I will not disclouse anything on this site about it. Abortion is against human laws but it is the right of the person to determine what is their human law. That is the first human law; that we have our own choices. Abortion is wrong and against even alot of my Wiccan beliefs, but I also have beliefs inside of Wicca that allow self-expression and freedom of the mind.

You are killing a life, right from when the sperm meets the egg it is alive.

Imagine if your mother had you aborted? Can you imagine it? Yes, because you are alive because you were not aborted. Take a life and you will lose a life. An eye for an eye.

OMG! TGHL.... you did not just say what I think you did, did you? H.K.??? Out of all the people in existence and remembered you had to use his name......

lol

In asking this question, we're basically asking "What kind of proof will be good enough? How much proof is needed?". When we talk about proof, we're talking about establishing some degree of certainty about something.

Scientific knowledge is based on repeated observations, but scientific knowledge is only one kind of knowledge. Other kinds include historical knowledge, philosophical knowledge, moral knowledge and personal knowledge. These types of knowledge lie outside the bounds of scientific knowledge.

That is all I have to say. Thank you for your time.

While well written and typed, and to which I congratulate you, this influences me not. Take the reverse of what you said. What if he doesn't exist? What if the rapture never comes.......? If it doesn't happen, will you come to your senses if it doesn't?

Actually, not beyond a reasonable doubt. They just have to have a majority rule really. Yes, what you see in TV shows is reasonable doubt and that is what is depicted, but what really happens...? There is one leader of the jury, and it usually goes to the leader what the person is; guilty or innocent. They can have shadows of a doubt...... hence why innocent people go to jail for other peoples crime. That may not make sence at first, but keep reading it. If you still do not understand it or come to the conclusion that it has nothing to do with the statement, You're Wrong!

A scientific approach will prove God's existence more than just saying "Oh he exists because I say he does. Can you see air? No. So I am right! :P". I can see air. I have seen it, oh yes I have. With the naked eye before. I have seen it even with machines that show it. It exists, yes. I can see it, feel it, hear it, smell it, and, in a sence, taste it. That is how I know the wind is there. As for God, I do not see him, hear him, feel him, smell him, or taste him. I see something and believe in it. I have seen my "goddess"es and gods..... but not in the sence of them being omnipotent. I have seen magick before my eyes. Not the "Abra Kadabra" kind, but the chant and "Ahk ni kah so" kind. I have done magick....... but not the 'good' kind. I am NOT trying to thrust my beliefs and experiences upon you to influence. I am merely letting you know that other people exist beyond your borders of imagnination.

I have to go home everyday, lay in my bed and wonder if I am going to die that night because of I have sleep apnia and breathing problems which cause me not to breath when I am asleep for minutes at a time. Why would god let me suffer like that? For 13 years of my life I was his........ always praying for my apnia and breathing problems to disappear.... but to no avail did anything happen.

Anyways, that is just my two cents....... or more like 50 cents.

Beautifully explained, my dear Horatio.  Never before, with the exception of other brilliant people such as myself and a few others on this forum, have I seen such display with words and emotion! You did not give your side/opinion but clarified to people about tolerance and what not. You have kept to your word of Mod. and yet made a reply so wondrous, it leaves me in awe; not speachless or I would not be typing now lol.

I can not thank you enough for the nice words. You have touched my heart. :blush:

But we have no scientific proof. No tracings. Like, what you're saying about God. How do you know those documents are authintic? Like the bible?

1) Jesus did exist

What more do you want?

I just gave you how science can prove things! Don't you read my posts at all? Do you just see what you want to see and take that and ignore anything else?!??! That's just showing off your own insecurity and lack of an ability to defend your own beliefs, your own faith, without ignoring what is put in front of you. Its stupid and pathetic, not justifying and righteous like you frame it as, but just sheer patheticness. This isn't a debate, a debate is with reasoned arguements and taking in what your opponent is saying, taking it into account and then if you aren't satisfied with the answer, producing a counter arguement. This is nothing like that, I produce an arguement, I put it forward and you come up with the same reply, "I'm not even going to bother reading this." I read your posts, and come up with counter arguements but you are far from extending the same courtesy to me.

The Bible is not proof, historical PROOF points to it being heavily censored, biased and the old testament though up by a madman, living in a cave in the Middle East who was high on mushrooms.

What more do I want? More than a story book.

I just gave you how science can prove things! Don't you read my posts at all? Do you just see what you want to see and take that and ignore anything else?!??! That's just showing off your own insecurity and lack of an ability to defend your own beliefs, your own faith, without ignoring what is put in front of you. Its stupid and pathetic, not justifying and righteous like you frame it as, but just sheer patheticness. This isn't a debate, a debate is with reasoned arguements and taking in what your opponent is saying, taking it into account and then if you aren't satisfied with the answer, producing a counter arguement. This is nothing like that, I produce an arguement, I put it forward and you come up with the same reply, "I'm not even going to bother reading this." I read your posts, and come up with counter arguements but you are far from extending the same courtesy to me.

The Bible is not proof, historical PROOF points to it being heavily censored, biased and the old testament though up by a madman, living in a cave in the Middle East who was high on mushrooms.

What more do I want? More than a story book.

TGHL, your statement is not true.

...And did you read my previous post, TGHL? Since can't prove everything when it comes to history. You need historical proof.

Anywho, you think what you want to think.

Yes I did. And you can use Science to back up History and proove it, but only so long as there are relics and artifacts to anylaze, sites to examine or bodies to look at. And you can't proove God exists, because nothing on Earth can proove it except a collection of seperate books, dubious in origin and heavily censored.

Thats the first time you haven't shoved religon down my throat.

Is the war over now?

1) Jesus did exist

What more do you want?

But how do you know Jesus wasn't fed a story by his parents that he believed? Or at least by the "virgin" Mary, even. Maybe Mary was in a tight spot and she told what's-his-name, Mary's husband, she saw an angel who told her she was pregnant with God's child, he got wasted, was walking home, and thought he saw an angel as well? From there the boy grows up thinking that he's God's little boy and starts preaching, all the miracles either being made-up or coincidental?

But how do you know Jesus wasn't fed a story by his parents that he believed? Or at least by the "virgin" Mary, even. Maybe Mary was in a tight spot and she told what's-his-name, Mary's husband, she saw an angel who told her she was pregnant with God's child, he got wasted, was walking home, and thought he saw an angel as well? From there the boy grows up thinking that he's God's little boy and starts preaching, all the miracles either being made-up or coincidental?

A similar point to what Tayino made awhile back.... Did it get a reply? No, it didn't.

And anyway, hasn't modern society disproved all this belief that because these miracles were performed he must be the son of God? Many people have had their cancer cured by "miracle drugs" that turned out to be asprin! This just proves that it is not some divine intervention that cures these people, but the mere belief, hope or knowledege that cures them. Quite literally "Mind over matter".

• 1 month later...

oh, no, my great big long post didn't get through?

I stayed up till four writing that thing! It took me forever!

I didn't even remember to copy-paste it because it was so great, but I forgot because I was so tired!

A similar point to what Tayino made awhile back.... Did it get a reply? No, it didn't.

And anyway, hasn't modern society disproved all this belief that because these miracles were performed he must be the son of God? Many people have had their cancer cured by "miracle drugs" that turned out to be asprin! This just proves that it is not some divine intervention that cures these people, but the mere belief, hope or knowledege that cures them. Quite literally "Mind over matter".

I can answer these. The Virgin Mary (Use proper punctuation.) was, in fact, a virgin. There are written documents outside of scripture saying this.

The drunken-angel theory is a sham made up by atheists. I've heard it before. By the way, Joseph's angel came to him in a dream, and it told him to marry the girl. Back then, people actually followed more of the commandments.

Jesus wasn't just preaching. He was healing crowds in front of the leaders, and thousands of witnesses Roman and Jew alike. He didn't use a "magic powder" or special drugs, He used His power as God, and only that.

Perhaps Toto didn't catch the remark, TGHL. It is possible that Toto is a human as you and me and made a mistake. Am I correct?

Modern society can't disprove anything. Any evidence can be manipulated if you get the wording right. Today, it's all about the numbers. People use numbers to scare you into doing somehing all the time, and you know that.

Cancer is never cured. You overcome it like a virus or pneumonia. The only reason your aspirin worked is because their families and friends were praying for them. It was just a timing problem.

Mind over matter. you are finding excuses again. You are right, the human ability to heal from something is amazing, but it only happens of the person actually believes it will help. Spiritual belief is different. Faith is different. It really works. the mental placebos that work sometines stem fron happy people, not always the ones with a powerful belief. Even if the person is an atheist or a no-doctrine, but their Christian friends belive and are praying, the person will be healed through the power of God. It's not the medicine. It's real.

I didn't even  remember to copy-paste it because it was so great, but I forgot because I was so tired!

Which long post? Every post you posted has been modded and is up for all to read.

I can answer these. The Virgin Mary (Use proper punctuation.) was, in fact, a virgin. There are written documents outside of scripture saying this.

The drunken-angel theory is a sham made up by atheists. I've heard it before. By the way, Joseph's angel came to him in a dream, and it told him to marry the girl. Back then, people actually followed more of the commandments.

Jesus wasn't just preaching. He was healing crowds in front of the leaders, and thousands of witnesses Roman and Jew alike. He didn't use a "magic powder" or special drugs, He used His power as God, and only that.

Perhaps Toto didn't catch the remark, TGHL. It is possible that Toto is a human as you and me and made a mistake. Am I correct?

Modern society can't disprove anything. Any evidence can be manipulated if you get the wording right. Today, it's all about the numbers. People use numbers to scare you into doing somehing all the time, and you know that.

Cancer is never cured. You overcome it like a virus or pneumonia. The only reason your aspirin worked is because their families and friends were praying for them. It was just a timing problem.

Mind over matter. you are finding excuses again. You are right, the human ability to heal from something is amazing, but it only happens of the person actually believes it will help. Spiritual belief is different. Faith is different. It really works. the mental placebos that work sometines stem fron happy people, not always the ones with a powerful belief. Even if the person is an atheist or a no-doctrine, but their Christian friends belive and are praying, the person will be healed through the power of God. It's not the medicine. It's real.

For one thing, though I question my own faith out of curiosity(as I am Christian), I am no atheist and I thought of that situation out of the top of my head. And by the way, you're saying the only reason peoples' carefully proven medicine worked is because of God and that though not everyone prays to God, it works for most people anyways?

I didn't even  remember to copy-paste it because it was so great, but I forgot because I was so tired!

Which long post? Every post you posted has been modded and is up for all to read.

saturday morning, I stayed up till four writing this great long reply, but my pc was acting us, so I guess It didn't go through.

It was so long, though, and totally explained my thoughts on this battle!

I'll never get it perfect again!

I felt like it really had Something backing it up, too.

Man...

I can try, though, if you'd like...

saturday morning, I stayed up till four writing this great long reply, but my pc was acting us, so I guess It didn't go through.

It was so long, though, and totally explained my thoughts on this battle!

I'll never get it perfect again!

I felt like it really had Something backing it up, too.

Man...

I can try, though, if you'd like...

Please do try again. I would like to read your thoughts.

Topazia, PLEASE. Stop dredgin up the stuff we want buried. This topic caused too much fighting and flaming rows, not arguements because that means to have a reasonable, balanced arguement.

okay...

um.

it won't make TGHL like me anymore, though.

________________________________________<--my border. ain't it pretty?

TGHL, Taynio, Mega Wolf, I will keep you in my prayers.

Toto: You have put up a great fight for a 3 on 1. Not bad.

Horatio: They're not goining to stop fighting. It is human nature to try to be right. I enjoy a good, heated debate myself.

and then I forget, because it was my heart speaking, not my mind.

funny how that works, huh?

um

I was basically giving TGHL the proof that he(is it he or she? I never caught on.) wanted in the form of my life.

As you may recall, I have written in various topics that I was tortured in middle school. I had no friends. I believed a lot of stuff TGHL believes, and I was saying that I'd been living a lie until last summer, when my youth group and I went on a mission on Orlando. (Horatio had better know where that is, or I'm leaving.)

I was saying that not all Christian music is as sappy as TGHL thinks. Pillar, a Christian rap band. P.O.D., a Christian rap band. Switchfoot, most people don't realize that they are Christian. Newsboys, strictly American, but great. I admit, I prefer Linkin Park and threedaysgrace to ZOE Girl, but all the more to ya, girlz!

I told Taynio than Wiccan is a Satanic belief, and that the magic he "used" was Satanic. I said it is dangerous to meddle in such things, because you are not the one in control. Satan only lets you think you are until it is too late.

I explained the origin of the word, trinity. My reverend recently did a powerpoint sermon on the Trinity. I used some of his stuff in my post, too.

I challenged every word TGHL wrote about my faith, and threw a challenge back at the two of them.

I challenged TGHL and Taynio to find fault in my words, and to prove me wrong with real, solid facts that I can find in my library.

I explained that being a Christian isn't about listening to preachers and bishops talk about God, it's about living in the love of Christ, your Lord and Savior.

Some people can't concentrate on God while sitting down on a hard pew bench, listening to some old guy talking about this great guy, and we do so much better when the music starts. You can literally feel the change that goes through us. These teens that can't sit still while the preacher speaks are falling down, raising their arms and just basking in the Love of God!

I've seen it happen, and I've experienced it. It is the most wonderful think you can feel, the unfailing, undying, unwavering love of God flowing through you.

I said that I have no immunities against the opinions and peer pressure of others. The only reason I made it so far is because I had my Energizer battery, God. If yo were to go through what I experienced, the constant teasing, the constant fun-picking, the constant pressure from teachers that don't really care, the lack of friends in a dangerous environment, and you didn't have a back up, you would die. You would kill yourself. If you didn't, I'd be impressed.

I said that I know what my weaknesses are, my real father being one of them, and how giving it all up to God made life so much easier, because it actually helps me live my life to the full like Jesus told me to!

I said that God was like a parent, like my Mom. She had to raise me and my brother by herself for almost ten years. When I did something I shouldn't and I knew it, she had to reprimand me, just like God has to when we sin. He really does want the best of us, and He really does loves us as if we were Himself, which we essentially are.

We were created by God, and we know that all things made by God are good, and all things good are of God, so we know that we are of God. We were created to worship him, not shun him! We were created so that we could live in his kingdom forever, and I hate to see anyone left behind!

I pretty much bashed every word TGHL typed in the last ten pages, because it's all pigswile! Every word against God is of Satan, and I mean the bad Satan. Not Lucifer, the Illuminator, but Satan, the evil, conniving Prince of Flies. Christianity is very clear about that. Either you are for or against, if you are lukewarm, you're worth vomit, or your heart is at least. God doesn't want a Jesus-and relationship with his children. He wants us to talk to him and obey him like the Father he is!

Some people think that Christianity is an exclusive religion, but it's not. They say that, because we say that Jesus is the ONLY way to God, we are a bunch of stuck up snobs who think we are better than every one else. Christianity is the most inclusive belief system out there! Religion means to bind, but Christianity is geared toward freeing your soul, not binding it. Christians are no better than anyone else, we just know and trust something that you refuse to see!

WhenI read my Bible, the words will sometimes jump out at me and totally rock my world, because it is exactly what I needed. I will literally hear the Spirit, feel the Lord's touch, See Christ's love for me, taste the truth coming from the pages and smell the most wonderful smell of all: that of heaven. Seeing isn't always believeing, but it sure makes it hard not to.

I turn on the TV and see a show called the 700 Club, a Christian News/Talk show. They sometimes have pictures of miracles happening. There are videotapes of miracles. there are documents and videodocuments that show exactly what happened! you can't fool the camera, and you can't fool my eyes.

You can't fake the pure joy and love in these people's eyes as they jump up and down, celebrating the miracles of healing, of wonder, and you can't fake the sudden reactions the body has when God first and Finally enters your heart. You can't fake it, not even the best, no, worst liars can.

TGHl, your complete disbelief kind of scares me. I'm not going to let this die, because I've never been able to let this subject die. You are an atheist, a self-proclaimed evolutionist and Illuminatus, and yet you see the TRUTH of God twice a week, as you posted before! You are exposed to the ony path to paradise, and you're losing your chance! I can't believe that anyone would turn down ultimate happiness for ultimate torture!

Christians face so much persecution everyday, even in largely Christian countries like England or the US! There is so much going on against us with the cursing on television, the violent cartoons, I can't even watch looney tunes any more because of it! I hate to see teenagers and young people lose sight of their God and master! I am fortunate to have grown up with such a wonderful person for my Mommy, because anyone else would have poisoned me against my real father, but she let me make my own decisions about him! I still ended up disliking him, but I still love him as a fellow human being!

You can't always count on your own good graces to save you from the terrors of Tophet! (hah! I used it!) You can't always count on your firends or mortal family. But I do know that you can count of your Heavenly Father Almighty God, the one true God, the only one who has judging rights!

If you want real, hard proof, TGHL, then here it is:

My life.

When you can withstand the stuff I went through to get this far in life without a strong faith in the One that really matters, I'll give you a hundred dollars! I'm not bragging, because there's nothing to brag about! Yeah, so what if I get higher test scores than anyone else? Who cares if I can sing better than most of the top ten in American idol? Who cares if everyone I know says I could be a model? Who cares if my reading level was through the roof in kindergarten because my mother taught me to read with her college books? Who cars if I'm on page 317 of my greateset story yet? God is the one who gave me this brain, body and voice! God is the one who gave Einstein his brain, God is the one who gave Tyra Banks her body, and God is the one who gave Mariah Carey, an amazing singer with a six octave range (my range is about 3 1/2), her voice!

You can't burn on something you don't understand. You can't just sit there and type brandishing slander all over thw word of the Lord. You have to know the real story, the whole story, the true story.

So many teens today are walking the path of righteousness, but so many more fail to love and serve the Lord with gladness and singleness of heart! The faith is being kept alive by the old generation, and if they don't make enough difference, and we, as teens to stay in God's ways, then the future of this earth is awfully bleak. The fate of Christianity lies on the bulk of the people here, because I know that the bulk of HD'rs are young people who can still grow up to bring thousands in. The HD'rs over thirty can make a difference too! (I'm being inclusive so that Horatio doesn't get mad at me for age bias.)

We as teens face a future of uncertainty. The technological advances are amazing, and we are soon to reach heaven with our techno-tower of Babel, but we will become lost if we keep trying to make life perfect here. I can't stand it when someone insults me for my faith, and I can stand it even less when someone insults me for their beliefs.

I know a lot of things that most people don't. I don't know a lot of things that others do. But I do know one thing that everyone knows in their heart, if they would just listen for one nanosecond...

God is very real, and he loves every one of us very, very much.

That's a lot longer, but it's the basic thing. I have to go to church now, but i'll return later.

For one thing, though I question my own faith out of curiosity(as I am Christian), I am no atheist and I thought of that situation out of the top of my head. And by the way, you're saying the only reason peoples' carefully proven medicine worked is because of God and that though not everyone prays to God, it works for most people anyways?

Mega Wolf, that's not what I meant. I never said you were an atheist. (Did I? It was like three in the morning if I did, and I was tired. so sorry if i did.)

That isn't what I'm saying either. The chemo is real, to an extent. You said aspirin, and everyone knows aspirin is headache and bloodpressure medication.

Gosh, read and decipher. *tries unsuccessfully to do a napoleon dynamite impression*

durn it all. *grumble grumble.*

*now that I have said my piece, I stand quietly in the corner humming the tune to Jesus Loves Me.*

really, I am very quiet, and usually quite agreeable.

jesus loves me this I know... B)^_^:wub::ph34r:

Topazia, PLEASE. Stop dredgin up the stuff we want buried. This topic caused too much fighting and flaming rows, not arguements because that means to have a reasonable, balanced arguement.

hey, buddiy, it's even now. before, it was Toto versus you, taynio and a little bit of mega wolf's what-ifs.

Now, there's two, and I actually do a lot of debates in school like this, so i'm well equipped to take all of you on.

So, why bury it? I'm not angry at you for disagreeing with me, and i should hope you're not either. it's balance you want? 2to2.5 is beter than one to 2.5, right?

I'm being perfectly reasonable. so c'mon.

surely you've not been "proved wrong"?

The HD'rs over thirty can make a difference too! (I'm being inclusive so that Horatio doesn't get mad at me for age bias.)

I am only 3 and 1/2 so I would never get mad at you for age bias. :lol::lol::lol:

well, okay, horatio's mom might get mad. And Sheena.

The HD'rs over thirty can make a difference too! (I'm being inclusive so that Horatio doesn't get mad at me for age bias.)

I am only 3 and 1/2 so I would never get mad at you for age bias. :lol::lol::lol:

well, okay, horatio's mom might get mad. And Sheena.

:lol::lol::lol:

My mother would only be 4, so she has no problem with this either!

I don't have time to read your entire post, Tazopia. The 'Monsters' will attack me soon. But, what I have read so far I agree and enjoyed much. I'll read the rest tomorrow.

I love Pillar. They're not rap, though... You're cool in my youth group if you listen to Pillar. :lol: I never liked ZoeGirl.

Certain people will never give up in what they believe. Some will, and some will keep to themselves and think what they want to think. The only thing you can do is keep your head held high and keep on singing Jesus Loves Me.

You have no idea how glad I am to hear that you went through hard times, but still became a Christian. I know several people that did drugs, tired to commit suicide, ect. but end the end they loved God.

So long for tonight *yawn* and goodnight. *yawn*

I don't have time to read your entire post, Tazopia. The 'Monsters' will attack me soon. But, what I have read so far I agree and enjoyed much. I'll read the rest tomorrow.

I love Pillar. They're not rap, though... You're cool in my youth group if you listen to Pillar.  :lol: I never liked ZoeGirl.

Certain people will never give up in what they believe. Some will, and some will keep to themselves and think what they want to think. The only thing you can do is keep your head held high and keep on singing Jesus Loves Me.

You have no idea how glad I am to hear that you went through hard times, but still became a Christian. I know several people that did drugs, tired to commit suicide, ect. but end the end they loved God.

Are you coming to my house tomorrow??

okay...

um.

it won't make TGHL like me anymore, though.

________________________________________<--my border. ain't it pretty?

TGHL, Taynio, Mega Wolf, I will keep you in my prayers.

Toto: You have put up a great fight for a 3 on 1. Not bad.

Horatio: They're not goining to stop fighting. It is human nature to try to be right. I enjoy a good, heated debate myself.

and then I forget, because it was my heart speaking, not my mind.

funny how that works, huh?

um

I was basically giving TGHL the proof that he(is it he or she? I never caught on.) wanted in the form of my life.

As you may recall, I have written in various topics that I was tortured in middle school. I had no friends. I believed a lot of stuff TGHL believes, and I was saying that I'd been living a lie until last summer, when my youth group and I went on a mission on Orlando. (Horatio had better know where that is, or I'm leaving.)

I was saying that not all Christian music is as sappy as TGHL thinks. Pillar, a Christian rap band. P.O.D., a Christian rap band. Switchfoot, most people don't realize that they are Christian. Newsboys, strictly American, but great. I admit, I prefer Linkin Park and threedaysgrace to ZOE Girl, but all the more to ya, girlz!

I told Taynio than Wiccan is a Satanic belief, and that the magic he "used" was Satanic. I said it is dangerous to meddle in such things, because you are not the one in control. Satan only lets you think you are until it is too late.

I explained the origin of the word, trinity. My reverend recently did a powerpoint sermon on the Trinity. I used some of his stuff in my post, too.

I challenged every word TGHL wrote about my faith, and threw a challenge back at the two of them.

I challenged TGHL and Taynio to find fault in my words, and to prove me wrong with real, solid facts that I can find in my library.

I explained that being a Christian isn't about listening to preachers and bishops talk about God, it's about living in the love of Christ, your Lord and Savior.

Some people can't concentrate on God while sitting down on a hard pew bench, listening to some old guy talking about this great guy, and we do so much better when the music starts. You can literally feel the change that goes through us. These teens that can't sit still while the preacher speaks are falling down, raising their arms and just basking in the Love of God!

I've seen it happen, and I've experienced it. It is the most wonderful think you can feel, the unfailing, undying, unwavering love of God flowing through you.

I said that I have no immunities against the opinions and peer pressure of others. The only reason I made it so far is because I had my Energizer battery, God. If yo were to go through what I experienced, the constant teasing, the constant fun-picking, the constant pressure from teachers that don't really care, the lack of friends in a dangerous environment, and you didn't have a back up, you would die. You would kill yourself. If you didn't, I'd be impressed.

I said that I know what my weaknesses are, my real father being one of them, and how giving it all up to God made life so much easier, because it actually helps me live my life to the full like Jesus told me to!

I said that God was like a parent, like my Mom. She had to raise me and my brother by herself for almost ten years. When I did something I shouldn't and I knew it, she had to reprimand me, just like God has to when we sin. He really does want the best of us, and He really does loves us as if we were Himself, which we essentially are.

We were created by God, and we know that all things made by God are good, and all things good are of God, so we know that we are of God. We were created to worship him, not shun him! We were created so that we could live in his kingdom forever, and I hate to see anyone left behind!

I pretty much bashed every word TGHL typed in the last ten pages, because it's all pigswile! Every word against God is of Satan, and I mean the bad Satan. Not Lucifer, the Illuminator, but Satan, the evil, conniving Prince of Flies. Christianity is very clear about that. Either you are for or against, if you are lukewarm, you're worth vomit, or your heart is at least. God doesn't want a Jesus-and relationship with his children. He wants us to talk to him and obey him like the Father he is!

Some people think that Christianity is an exclusive religion, but it's not. They say that, because we say that Jesus is the ONLY way to God, we are a bunch of stuck up snobs who think we are better than every one else. Christianity is the most inclusive belief system out there! Religion means to bind, but Christianity is geared toward freeing your soul, not binding it. Christians are no better than anyone else, we just know and trust something that you refuse to see!

WhenI read my Bible, the words will sometimes jump out at me and totally rock my world, because it is exactly what I needed. I will literally hear the Spirit, feel the Lord's touch, See Christ's love for me, taste the truth coming from the pages and smell the most wonderful smell of all: that of heaven. Seeing isn't always believeing, but it sure makes it hard not to.

I turn on the TV and see a show called the 700 Club, a Christian News/Talk show. They sometimes have pictures of miracles happening. There are videotapes of miracles. there are documents and videodocuments that show exactly what happened! you can't fool the camera, and you can't fool my eyes.

You can't fake the pure joy and love in these people's eyes as they jump up and down, celebrating the miracles of healing, of wonder, and you can't fake the sudden reactions the body has when God first and Finally enters your heart. You can't fake it, not even the best, no, worst liars can.

TGHl, your complete disbelief kind of scares me. I'm not going to let this die, because I've never been able to let this subject die. You are an atheist, a self-proclaimed evolutionist and Illuminatus, and yet you see the TRUTH of God twice a week, as you posted before! You are exposed to the ony path to paradise, and you're losing your chance! I can't believe that anyone would turn down ultimate happiness for ultimate torture!

Christians face so much persecution everyday, even in largely Christian countries like England or the US! There is so much going on against us with the cursing on television, the violent cartoons, I can't even watch looney tunes any more because of it! I hate to see teenagers and young people lose sight of their God and master! I am fortunate to have grown up with such a wonderful person for my Mommy, because anyone else would have poisoned me against my real father, but she let me make my own decisions about him! I still ended up disliking him, but I still love him as a fellow human being!

You can't always count on your own good graces to save you from the terrors of Tophet! (hah! I used it!) You can't always count on your firends or mortal family. But I do know that you can count of your Heavenly Father Almighty God, the one true God, the only one who has judging rights!

If you want real, hard proof, TGHL, then here it is:

My life.

When you can withstand the stuff I went through to get this far in life without a strong faith in the One that really matters, I'll give you a hundred dollars! I'm not bragging, because there's nothing to brag about! Yeah, so what if I get higher test scores than anyone else? Who cares if I can sing better than most of the top ten in American idol? Who cares if everyone I know says I could be a model? Who cares if my reading level was through the roof in kindergarten because my mother taught me to read with her college books? Who cars if I'm on page 317 of my greateset story yet? God is the one who gave me this brain, body and voice! God is the one who gave Einstein his brain, God is the one who gave Tyra Banks her body, and God is the one who gave Mariah Carey, an amazing singer with a six octave range (my range is about 3 1/2), her voice!

You can't burn on something you don't understand. You can't just sit there and type brandishing slander all over thw word of the Lord. You have to know the real story, the whole story, the true story.

So many teens today are walking the path of righteousness, but so many more fail to love and serve the Lord with gladness and singleness of heart! The faith is being kept alive by the old generation, and if they don't make enough difference, and we, as teens to stay in God's ways, then the future of this earth is awfully bleak. The fate of Christianity lies on the bulk of the people here, because I know that the bulk of HD'rs are young people who can still grow up to bring thousands in. The HD'rs over thirty can make a difference too! (I'm being inclusive so that Horatio doesn't get mad at me for age bias.)

We as teens face a future of uncertainty. The technological advances are amazing, and we are soon to reach heaven with our techno-tower of Babel, but we will become lost if we keep trying to make life perfect here. I can't stand it when someone insults me for my faith, and I can stand it even less when someone insults me for their beliefs.

I know a lot of things that most people don't. I don't know a lot of things that others do. But I do know one thing that everyone knows in their heart, if they would just listen for one nanosecond...

God is very real, and he loves every one of us very, very much.

That's a lot longer, but it's the basic thing. I have to go to church now, but i'll return later.

Topazia, I am honoured to meet a true theist, not one of these sub-standard thiests that say they believe but don't. Most Priests are a good example.

And Sheena.

*sobs* WHERE ART THOU SHEENA!?!?!?!??!?

She is on an extended holiday having the time of her life!!! :D

Topazia, I am honoured to meet a true theist, not one of these sub-standard thiests that say they believe but don't. Most Priests are a good example.

I'm lucky to attend a chruch where that's not the case.

I know what you mean by that type, though.

If you think I'm true, you should meet my youth pastor.

He makes me look like a fake.

He says it's a good thing to DEBATE.

(note that i continue to call it that. :P )

wow, someone's online.

I love Pillar. They're not rap, though... You're cool in my youth group if you listen to Pillar.  :lol: I never liked ZoeGirl.

they're not? but Echelon is a rap song. i memorized it without the lyric sheet.

My name is topazia. tazopia?

Jesus loves me, this I know... for the Bible tells me so!

hard times? that's one way to put it. wow! I never tried, but only because I discovered that I could write! drugs are stupid. condemning yourself to the underworld is worse, though.

I used to like ZOE, but then I discovered the wonderful world of hard rock and rap.

Linkin Park is considered heavy metal! that's bogus! Three days grace is more so, and they are considered pop/rock.

weird...

Stupid keyboard! Topazia....

have a spiffercake for making me laugh.

throw this dungbomb at the confounded keyboard, though, to remind it who is boss.

:)B)

*hands award and WMD to toto*

tazopia sounds like the tazzydevil's home.

:)

BTW, :)B) <--this is my way of saying hey, look at me, i'm cool cuz I'm a JesusFreak.

PurpleYAH!!!

:D

*beats up keyboard* I can't stand other people's keyboards. Diiieee.

Jesus Freaks rock. Then there's the hypocrites that say they are and....nevermind. Don't need to get mad. >.<

*beats up keyboard* I can't stand other people's keyboards. Diiieee.

Jesus Freaks rock. Then there's the hypocrites that say they are and....nevermind. Don't need to get mad. >.<

yeah, I know them.

DC Talk is da bomb!

And Sheena.

Notice the word extended.

And Sheena.

grrr! I missed out on so much stuff! grrr!

And Sheena.

Never In my life have I heard of a 1.5 year vacation.

Lets see. I had one account back before I joined on this one when Kat first came, which was January 2004. And Sheena had been gone since Christmas 2003. And then I came to this name, and she was still gone. Then she stopped back and posted once, and left us a big long note, like she was leaving. Then Its.........now..

And Sheena.

Lets see. I had one account back before I joined on this one when Kat first came, which was January 2004. And Sheena had been gone since Christmas 2003. And then I came to this name, and she was still gone. Then she stopped back and posted once, and left us a big long note, like she was leaving. Then Its.........now..

Well, consider yourself informed. You have now heard of a one and one-half year holiday. :lol:

And Sheena.

Well, consider yourself informed. You have now heard of a one and one-half year holiday. :lol:

Holiday. I would call it something else.

And Sheena.

Holiday. I would call it something else.

don't worry! sheena will return!

heehee, I remember when you first came, tbfof.

I had been here for five months.

And Sheena.

You aren't just saying she is on an extended holiday so we don't get upset that Sheena isn't returning? Sort of like when the pet hamster dies and the parents quickly bury it and replace it with a clone they have been cultivating for awhile/a replacment that looks alike.

And Sheena.

You aren't just saying she is on an extended holiday so we don't get upset that Sheena isn't returning? Sort of like when the pet hamster dies and the parents quickly bury it and replace it with a clone they have been cultivating for awhile/a replacment that looks alike.

No, I am not. Sometimes things stretch out longer than anticipated.

And Sheena.

no. nice sentiment, though.

Ah, well, I have no Idea what everyone is talking about right now because I'm not goint to read 59 pages, but I just answered it and and I am Mormon, or i belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You know, some people think we have HORNS and DEVIL TAILS and things like that, but i assure you we are harmless. <_<

And Sheena.

No, I am not. Sometimes things stretch out longer than anticipated.

Oh good. Well, whatever it takes for Sheena to be back to her old self. Although Horatio, I think you missed the small witicism in there, but never mind it was only part of a joke and while the idea had come to me I dismissed it for you wouldn't lead us on like that, would you?

Ah, well, I have no Idea what everyone is talking about right now because I'm not goint to read 59 pages, but I just answered it and and I am Mormon, or i belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You know, some people think we have HORNS and DEVIL TAILS and things like that, but i assure you we are harmless. <_<

MWHAHAHAHA! New prey!

Ok... Banana Girl. As the board's most serious aethiest, I shall be the one who challenges your viewpoint, encouraging better conversation and debate skills, at least thats what it says in the School Inspector's handbook.

1) What makes you believe in God?

2) Why Mormonism? What makes you believe in the beliefs of the mormon's and not say, the Catholic's or the Protestant's?

3) Where did you get that idea from? Everyone seems to think it's Jehovah's witnesses who have the horns and tails.

Sort of like when the pet hamster dies and the parents quickly bury it and replace it with a clone they have been cultivating for awhile/a replacment that looks alike.

Had you used a goldfish as an example, I would have commented. You were a bit close to home with the example being one of my relatives. :huh:

*watches TGHL very closely*

Hmmmm I will answer ur Questions.

1. I beilive in God because He has granted me things that could not have happened by coincidence. He is in the Bible and the Book of Mormon. I have plenty of ways of knowing there is a God.

2.Well, some say that mormons don't have a ton of freedom. Well, we are discouraged to get tattoos and for girls to have only one peirse in each ear and for boys no peirsings at all. Also, we don't to drugs period. But I think that all of those things are for the best. My aunt got an infection from a tattoo and same with my cousin who had a belly button ring. I also go to the church because all of the members are always so kind to each other and love one another always. I really like that. Also, my parents make me. But i still like it.

3. Oh. strange. Oh, and By the way, Jehovas Witnisess are very nice and the same with Jewish people!

Here are some Questions for you.

1. I have no idea what an aethiest is, so explain your beleifs to me.

2. Why do you believe them?

3. What do you think about other religions such as my own and catholic and all thos others?

Sort of like when the pet hamster dies and the parents quickly bury it and replace it with a clone they have been cultivating for awhile/a replacment that looks alike.

Had you used a goldfish as an example, I would have commented. You were a bit close to home with the example being one of my relatives. :huh:

*watches TGHL very closely*

I apologise, its just an example I know is popular in cartoons and since you enjoy the Saturday cartoon spree, I thought this might be a better example than the quick "flush down the toilet, get a new one" scenario.

Hmmmm I will answer ur Questions.

1. I beilive in God because He has granted me things that could not have happened by coincidence. He is in the Bible and the Book of Mormon. I have plenty of ways of knowing there is a God.

2.Well, some say that mormons don't have a ton of freedom. Well, we are discouraged to get tattoos and for girls to have only one peirse in each ear and for boys no peirsings at all. Also, we don't to drugs period. But I think that all of those things are for the best. My aunt got an infection from a tattoo and same with my cousin who had a belly button ring. I also go to the church because all of the members are always so kind to each other and love one another always. I really like that. Also, my parents make me. But i still like it.

3. Oh. strange. Oh, and By the way, Jehovas Witnisess are very nice and the same with Jewish people!

Here are some Questions for you.

1. I have no idea what an aethiest is, so explain your beleifs to me.

2. Why do you believe them?

3. What do you think about other religions such as my own and catholic and all thos others?

My answers:

1) Aethiest? The opposite of a Thiest. An aethiest is someone who believes, or rather knows, that God doesn't exist, is non-existant etc.

2) Why? Because of the many contridictions in the Bible and the improbabilities of miracles in addition to the fact that many of the so called "Acts Of God" can be dismissed as natural occurances.

3) Well.... I think that they have too much influence, only exist because of parent's and preacher's ability to manipulate the opinions of children and the rest of the race into believing that perfectly odinary occurances are are acts of God, the fact too many people believe that what essentially is a story book, is true and it is one of the biggest fraud cases in History. Also, I think that the Anglican and Protestant churches are schisming at such a rate that soon only one person will be left, the Catholic church is becoming rapidly smaller as more and more people become disinterested in mad, old priests mumbling at the altar, and anything that has a smaller gathering that the methodists is loony and/or insignificant. Other religons, more interesting than Christianity and at least some of the other religons don't say "Our God is the ONLY God." Take Hindusim for example, infinitely more interesting than Christianty, same for Buddhism. Still wrong, but more interesting.

And btw, Mormonism isn't a religon, but a denomination of the Christian church, same for Catholicism.

denomination? whats that? :lol:

Catholic, Protestant, Episcopalian, Lutheran, Mormon, etc.

or, in money, $1,$5,$10,etc.

by the way, i ask the same question tghl does:

why mormon?

hmmmmm well i stand my what i said earlier............

Anyway, im wondering:

1. Well, iguess mormonism IS a denomi-whatever of Christianity, but it is all different than like catholic. We actually believe in the God Head, that is, Heavenly Father (god), Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. Also there is a Heavenly Mother, but God did not put her in the bible so that people whould not take her name in vain. Anyway, why do you beleive in no-god? ;)

2. have you any mormon friends? besides me?

Anyway, im wondering:

1. Well, iguess mormonism IS a denomi-whatever of Christianity, but it is all different than like catholic. We actually believe in the God Head, that is, Heavenly Father (god), Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. Also there is a Heavenly Mother, but God did not put her in the bible so that people whould not take her name in vain. Anyway, why do you beleive in no-god? ;)

1) You mean the Holy Trinity? That is in Catholicism, as they sort of... started it. You do realise the Bible wasn't written by God don't you? Or dictated. Or anything'd by him. All it is is a collection of mortal men's accounts of what happened. Nothing special.

1.5) Because there is no proof. The reasons they do give are easily dismissed. The whole sense of spirituality and God only being able to be proved spirituality is a load of rubbish as well. Science explains the world, not a crackpot theory that some Cannabis smoking omnipotent, omniscient and omnibus celestial being the reason for everything. That's not it, only a brief section.

2) Arkcher is a mormon I believe, otherwise I had never previously heard of Mormons until Arkcher mentioned them.

Eep. Let's leave this topic. I don't want anyone to get more confused than they are.

I love Mormans. LOL. I love everyone equally. Even though I don't believe what they believe, I still get along with them. I mean...I had to. Salt Lake City, man.

Anyway, im wondering:

1) You mean the Holy Trinity? That is in Catholicism, as they sort of... started it. You do realise the Bible wasn't written by God don't you? Or dictated. Or anything'd by him. All it is is a collection of mortal men's accounts of what happened. Nothing special.

1.5) Because there is no proof. The reasons they do give are easily dismissed. The whole sense of spirituality and God only being able to be proved spirituality is a load of rubbish as well. Science explains the world, not a crackpot theory that some Cannabis smoking omnipotent, omniscient and omnibus celestial being the reason for everything. That's not it, only a brief section.

2) Arkcher is a mormon I believe, otherwise I had never previously heard of Mormons until Arkcher mentioned them.

The Holy Trinity is in all denominations of Christianity, and God told those men and women what to write. It is very special because it is the only truly Holy document that has been around this long.

*laughs at tghl's description of a pothead*

God is not a pothead's hallucination. I'm trying so hard not to laugh at that. Science promotes the big bang theory, right? if the universe started out the size of a pinhead, where did the extra space to grow come from? Evolution has loads of holes, too. Science is one of my favorite subjects, so don't get me wrong. It's just that I wish I had religion class like you, so that I could back up my words with a textbook.

No offense, ABG, but I don't really consider Mormonism to be a true Christian denomination. It permits bigamy, and a third testament. You should try Episcopalianism. I'ts like Catholic without the guilt. OR Anglican, it's the same thing. :)

oh, and toto?

ABG is just asking questions. we're answering them. Relax, we're not fighting like you and tghl were several weeks ago.

okay?

i don't care if someone is a different religion. Why does it matter? :lol:

Because Christianity says that God is the only God, there are no other Gods, only Christianity is the true religon, smite the unbelievers/heretics/so on.

that's very cynical of you. even I think so, and I am the world's most cynical Christian. -_-

Actually, that's only half true.

This may seem weird, so brace yourself:

I love you. I love everyone. I would die for anyone.

Why? That what I should do.

I can't smite anyone, least of all those who need the Lord most.

That's hypocrisy, really.

DON'T RIDICULE THAT! I'M WARNING YOU!

I mean it. Don't twist what I said. I get that enough in my own city.

... well...

On second thought, it's free game. I don't care what people think about me anymore. It doesn't affect where I'm going, nor does it affect my attitude towards life anymore. So feel free to bug on my statement.

Anyway, im wondering:

The Holy Trinity is in all denominations of Christianity, and God told those men and women what to write. It is very special because it is the only truly Holy document that has been around this long.

God is not a pothead's hallucination. I'm trying so hard not to laugh at that. Science promotes the big bang theory, right? if the universe started out the size of a pinhead, where did the extra space to grow come from? Evolution has loads of holes, too. Science is one of my favorite subjects, so don't get me wrong. It's just that I wish I had religion class like you, so that I could back up my words with a textbook.

No offense, ABG, but I don't really consider Mormonism to be a true Christian denomination. It permits bigamy, and a third testament. You should try Episcopalianism. I'ts like Catholic without the guilt. OR Anglican, it's the same thing. :)

oh, and toto?

ABG is just asking questions. we're answering them. Relax, we're not fighting like you and tghl were several weeks ago.

okay?

The Trinity is the basis for Christianity in a way I suppose.

Oh really? So why are there over 400 gospels, not 4? Did God tell every single one of those men (and women, actually, so if God does exist, he isn't sexist people) to write down a different account of Jesus' life? Mary Magdalene has a gospel ya know. So does a man who only met Jesus once. Loads of people do. Strange thing is, all of them don't depict Jesus as the son of God. Actually most of them just call him a mortal prophet. Strange isn't it how 400 different people manage to get things wrong isn't it?

Anyway, im wondering:

oh, and toto?

okay?

Oops....... Forgot to finish off the post.

Ok. I wasn't actually describing a pothead, and cannabis causing them to believe in God, although I did make the point that the prophets' visions seem similar to those of a Magic Mushroom addict. I was actually saying that, assuming He exists, God existed, it seems to me likely that he smoked Cannabis. I mean, so many of his actions make no sense. Why did he make knowledge forbidden? If he wanted something to control, he should have chosen sheep. Maybe that's why Jesus is always refered to as a Shepherd? And the human race as a flock? SO much for God wanting to give us freedom. Maybe Christianity would have been different if God had appeared to a Goat shepherd instead of a sheep shepherd? Sheep need to driven, Goats need to be led. See? Logic. I should have been God. I would have done a much better job. And to stop the Angel's rebellion, I would have made an Angel's union, thus preventing the entire creation of #### and Satan.

Anyway, back to Science. *looks round conspiratally* *stage whisper* Did you know.... *looks around again* that at CERN (birth place of Internet), which is the Conseil Europeen pour la Recherche Nucleaire, which Horatio knows about, as I suspect that she flies their new Beoing X-33 HSCT for them. Anyway, they have discovered Antimatter. Yep, the almost Holy Grail of Science. Anyway, when Antimatter hits Matter, you get a little "poof" of light and you get some more matter and antimatter, repeat step one and you get the universe. And as for how the two first pieces matter and antimatter came to be. That's harder. Matter is basically stored energy right? So before Matter and Antimatter, all that must of been is Energy and since Energy doesn't have Mass, it doesn't take up any space. There ya go. Ergo, the "void" at the edge of the universe, the ultimate nothingness, must be energy. I'm not sure though, I can get up to the creation of the universe, but not before that.

Anyway, im wondering:

oh, and toto?

okay?

DARN! I need to stop doing this, and if Horatio wants to he can merge these 3 posts into one.

Anyway. Ah, now we come to the inter-religon squabbling. The schisms. The seperations. The blood feuds. Ah, it brings me such warmth to see such people who so solidly believe in what is essentially the same "Truth" about the events that "happened", each caliming that their version is the correct one. It really puts aethiests out of a job you know. Episcopalianism? It sounds like a sect that worships a reptilian god. Is it Catholisim that is the same as Anglican or Episcopalianism that is the same as Anglican?

Ah yes, that was the stuff the crusades were of. Mad, foaming thiests, so high on belief it took a scimitar to bring them down, smiting the unbelievers who practiced such heinous and incidious acts as art, music and reading.

Because Christianity says that God is the only God, there are no other Gods, only Christianity is the true religon, smite the unbelievers/heretics/so on.

that's very cynical of you. even I think so, and I am the world's most cynical Christian. -_-

... well...

On second thought, it's free game. I don't care what people think about me anymore. It doesn't affect where I'm going, nor does it affect my attitude towards life anymore. So feel free to bug on my statement.

I love cynicism, it really is invigorating.

That is very.... noble of you. An attitude matyrs and saints would be proud of. Unfortunatly, in order to qualify for either of those you need to be killed in some gruesome way, and then have people think that actually you were right, and oh rugger God isn't going to be happy about this, QUICK! make them a saint to save our own bottoms.

Notice how I wasn't ridiculing that, but the entire sainthood system... and in some small way, what you said.

Exactly, what others do will not affect the fact you have a seat next to the late Pope and Princess Di, unfortunately Lady Di isn't in Heaven at the minute, she's off being someone's guardian angel. So you'll be sitting next to Barbie, with Himmler two seats away.

... well...

That is very.... noble of you. An attitude matyrs and saints would be proud of. Unfortunatly, in order to qualify for either of those you need to be killed in some gruesome way, and then have people think that actually you were right, and oh rugger God isn't going to be happy about this, QUICK! make them a saint to save our own bottoms.

Notice how I wasn't ridiculing that, but the entire sainthood system... and in some small way, what you said.

Exactly, what others do will not affect the fact you have a seat next to the late Pope and Princess Di, unfortunately Lady Di isn't in Heaven at the minute, she's off being someone's guardian angel. So you'll be sitting next to Barbie, with Himmler two seats away.

You don't have to die to be martyred. For instance, Richard Wurmbrand is a pastor. He is considered a martyr because he was imprisoned in a Gestapo camp, then a Korean Communist camp, totalling fourteen years in exile. He kept his faith.

Noble? I was going for honest and bared. I don't want saints to be proud of me. I want God to be proud of me. It's like being a little kid who wants nothing more than his/her father's praise. "Blessed are they who are pure in heart, for they shall see the Lord." Matthew 5:8 is one of my favorite verses. Please don't ridicule the most devoted people I can think of, TGHL. That's one of the few things that get me started on my human anger trips. I dropped most of the peppery comeback, so do me this, okay?

... well...

by the way, cynicism isn't that good for the mind. It rots away the sensiblility and sanity, resulting in an old ugly nutjob without a clue as to who's who. :) lol

uh.. who is Himmler? When you die, you may be surprised who's in heaven and who's in... well, not in Heaven.

Archived