• Christian
    • Islam
    • Jewish
    • Hindu
    • Buddhist
    • New Age
    • Other

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*the Final Cut*~*

One things I truly hate is how a lot of Christian literature gives the impression that God is in control of your life, and you are not. I strongly disagree with this notion.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*the Astronomy Domine*~*

Wow...those authors have completely forgotten the part of the Bible after the great flood, when Moses comes out and sees a rainbow. God says that the rainbow represents his choice to give man complete free will. That's why I like the rainbow so much. There are quite a few parts of the bible I tend to forget, but this part I never will. :)

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

I know.

Another thing i hate is how Christian literature says that if you do a lot of something, it's idolatry. I listen to music everywhere I go, and according to these Christian authors, that would make God mad.

I mean....What?????. seriously. I like music, it doesn't mean it's my God.

Me and The A.D have our own God-The Great Muffin. A bunch of Christian kids at skool got onto us about that once and it ticked me off.

*~*The Psychedelci Luau(*~(The Astronomy Domine*~*

Hah. My brother and I decided to make a church of the holy muffin once. xD

*wonders if that would be a Raisin Bran or Coffee Cake muffin*

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One things I truly hate is how a lot of Christian literature gives the impression that God is in control of your life, and you are not. I strongly disagree with this notion.

Wow...those authors have completely forgotten the part of the Bible after the great flood, when Moses comes out and sees a rainbow. God says that the rainbow represents his choice to give man complete free will. That's why I like the rainbow so much. There are quite a few parts of the bible I tend to forget, but this part I never will. :)

I know.

Another thing i hate is how Christian literature says that if you do a lot of something, it's idolatry. I listen to music everywhere I go, and according to these Christian authors, that would make God mad.

I mean....What?????. seriously. I like music, it doesn't mean it's my God.

Me and The A.D have our own God-The Great Muffin. A bunch of Christian kids at skool got onto us about that once and it ticked me off.

*~*The Psychedelci Luau(*~(The Astronomy Domine*~*

Hah. My brother and I decided to make a church of the holy muffin once. xD

*wonders if that would be a Raisin Bran or Coffee Cake muffin*

No one really knows what The great Muffin looks like. All they know is that God, Jesus, St. Peter, and Chuck Norris baked it.

The Great Muffin enjoys sacrifices of common objects. ASll sacrificed objects go into The Great Muffin's realm.

The Great Muffin's favourite group is The Proclaimers.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*TheAstronomy Domine*~&

No one really knows what The great Muffin looks like. All they know is that God, Jesus, St. Peter, and Chuck Norris baked it.

:blink::o Whoa!!!!!!!!! That has to be some muffin! :o:blink:

Duh.

I've been reading the Bible, and the book of Leviticus kind of ticks me with it's ideas on why it holy, what's not holy, what's wrong and what isn't, etc.

I also noticed that God seems to curse people more than He blesses people.

I've also been seeing sections that seem as though they support racism. Not to mention the amount of slavery mentioned in the Bible.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

I've been reading the Bible, and the book of Leviticus kind of ticks me with it's ideas on why it holy, what's not holy, what's wrong and what isn't, etc.

I've also been seeing sections that seem as though they support racism. Not to mention the amount of slavery mentioned in the Bible.

Remember that Leviticus was before Jesus gave his life for the forgiveness of our sins, so it's not like a person is expected to follow all the rules in it in order to be a Christian. (you'd have to find animals to sacrifice :P). In fact Leviticus is very much out of context today; this book comes from a time and place when women were uneducated, there were many more prostitutes, tax collectors could pretty much get all the money they wanted, and there was no middle class. And other differences. Nothing like any place I've lived in, in today's world, although I'm sure there's a place or two out there that's still in this condition.

And remember God blessed the Israelites and all others who followed his ways. It seems like he curses people a lot because, again, Jesus wasn't in the scene yet, so it angered him very much to see people being ignorant or even rebellious of him. (going on a random tangent here...) This was probably a reason Leviticus slams against homosexual activity, because God wanted his people (Israel) to grow and prosper, kind of hard to do that without guys being with girls. That's what I make of that part, anyway. The bible says different things to each person. :)

Please don't confuse mentioning something with recommending it. The southerners made this fallacy when proving the point that slavery is okay. But it isn't. Yes, slavery is everywhere in the bible, but nowhere has it said "slavery is good to do." It doesn't just go out and say "slavery is bad" (unless I'm forgetting a certain passage) because it was a fact of life back then. There was so much work to do (especially for sustenance farmers, which was most of the people) that some probably considered it a necessity (kind of like electricity in our time). Because it was so common Leviticus set out rules and limits on slavery (release them after a certain time, pay them, etc.) so that helped make it not as bad.

Nor have I seen a place in the Bible that has targeted a certain race and said "this race is bad".

Remember that Leviticus was before Jesus gave his life for the forgiveness of our sins, so it's not like a person is expected to follow all the rules in it in order to be a Christian. (you'd have to find animals to sacrifice :P). In fact Leviticus is very much out of context today; this book comes from a time and place when women were uneducated, there were many more prostitutes, tax collectors could pretty much get all the money they wanted, and there was no middle class. And other differences. Nothing like any place I've lived in, in today's world, although I'm sure there's a place or two out there that's still in this condition.

And remember God blessed the Israelites and all others who followed his ways. It seems like he curses people a lot because, again, Jesus wasn't in the scene yet, so it angered him very much to see people being ignorant or even rebellious of him. (going on a random tangent here...) This was probably a reason Leviticus slams against homosexual activity, because God wanted his people (Israel) to grow and prosper, kind of hard to do that without guys being with girls. That's what I make of that part, anyway. The bible says different things to each person. :)

Please don't confuse mentioning something with recommending it. The southerners made this fallacy when proving the point that slavery is okay. But it isn't. Yes, slavery is everywhere in the bible, but nowhere has it said "slavery is good to do." It doesn't just go out and say "slavery is bad" (unless I'm forgetting a certain passage) because it was a fact of life back then. There was so much work to do (especially for sustenance farmers, which was most of the people) that some probably considered it a necessity (kind of like electricity in our time). Because it was so common Leviticus set out rules and limits on slavery (release them after a certain time, pay them, etc.) so that helped make it not as bad.

Nor have I seen a place in the Bible that has targeted a certain race and said "this race is bad".

*~*the Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

My Bible is a little different than most peoples Bibles. So I may be finding racist stuff in mine that might not be in other's Bibles.

*~*the Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

My Bible is a little different than most peoples Bibles. So I may be finding racist stuff in mine that might not be in other's Bibles.

Okay. It is actually good for you to be considering these things, the more thought the Bible provokes the better. And you certainly don't have to like every part of it.

God IS in control of your life if you let Him be. That's the part of free will that people don't understand.

You are in control of accepting Yeshua or denying the Throne. That is the free will. Accepting Yeshua means throwing your flesh (your will and sin) away give yourself over to God. This shouldn't sound as bad as some think. It should actually sound amazing!

And the parts about racism, slavery, and etc. Jesse is right about the times versus now. But you have to understand, also, that people back then as they are today DO NOT listen to God and live their own life. But at the same time... the slaves in the Torah time were treated much more like servants. The term slave and servant is the same in hebrew. Slaves in Moses/etc time=servant/maid/butler. Slaves in Civil War times and every other associated idea of the time=animal. There are many differences that we must first understand.

And racism was man's own feeling. This is due to piousy and etc. With the Chosen, it is easy to claim them better than all other races because they... well.. WERE better in a sense. They were the Chosen... But this is before the time of Yeshua. So now, all are equal. Blessed be Yeshua the lamb who died for our lives. Adonai, Lord, be praised in all His glory, for He reigns above all.

And this may sound.. "fundy" but the Ruach Ha'Kodesh (Holy Spirit) will reveal all truth of the bible before any man with a doctorate or 100 years of bible study will find any truth in the words of Jehovah.

A blind man cannot see, can he? So a man who believes not in Adonai Jehovah, Elohim, is considered blind and can NOT see the truth until Yeshua opens his eyes and his HEART. Blessed be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords for this blessed message that He is giving me.

I must leave now. May blessings of H'Shem be upon you all and yours. And may the love Yeshua gave unto you be shared unto the masses.

God IS in control of your life if you let Him be. That's the part of free will that people don't understand.

You are in control of accepting Yeshua or denying the Throne. That is the free will. Accepting Yeshua means throwing your flesh (your will and sin) away give yourself over to God. This shouldn't sound as bad as some think. It should actually sound amazing!

And the parts about racism, slavery, and etc. Jesse is right about the times versus now. But you have to understand, also, that people back then as they are today DO NOT listen to God and live their own life. But at the same time... the slaves in the Torah time were treated much more like servants. The term slave and servant is the same in hebrew. Slaves in Moses/etc time=servant/maid/butler. Slaves in Civil War times and every other associated idea of the time=animal. There are many differences that we must first understand.

And racism was man's own feeling. This is due to piousy and etc. With the Chosen, it is easy to claim them better than all other races because they... well.. WERE better in a sense. They were the Chosen... But this is before the time of Yeshua. So now, all are equal. Blessed be Yeshua the lamb who died for our lives. Adonai, Lord, be praised in all His glory, for He reigns above all.

And this may sound.. "fundy" but the Ruach Ha'Kodesh (Holy Spirit) will reveal all truth of the bible before any man with a doctorate or 100 years of bible study will find any truth in the words of Jehovah.

A blind man cannot see, can he? So a man who believes not in Adonai Jehovah, Elohim, is considered blind and can NOT see the truth until Yeshua opens his eyes and his HEART. Blessed be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords for this blessed message that He is giving me.

I must leave now. May blessings of H'Shem be upon you all and yours. And may the love Yeshua gave unto you be shared unto the masses.

Ah. Thanks for explaning the slavery to me.

Ah. Thanks for explaning the slavery to me.

God IS in control of your life if you let Him be.

Sorry but I have to disagree with this. Recall the "footprints in the sand" bit? Doesn't it say that God is walking next to you? Not in front of you or behind you, but next to you. That means both of you are in control equally. Yes, sometimes all you can do about something is pray and God will take care of everything, like with Daniel in the lion's pit. But sometimes God wants you to think for yourself, like with disciple Thomas when Jesus was resurrected; Jesus had to show him his marks and tell him to stop doubting, Thomas didn't just accept it. While most respond by saying "Thomas was bad, REAL Christians don't doubt!" the fact is real Christians are the ones that do. "Faith grows through seeking truth, and the seeker must ask questions, and questioning implies 'honest doubt.'" (cited from Romans: Gospel of Freedom and Grace by Gordon and William Brown).

Doubt does not destroy faith, it gives way to it.

Doubting helps you separate the crud from the real "God's will." If my dad's parents had thought for themselves, maybe they wouldn't have moved the family out to Arizona for no reason at all and explain it by saying, "it was God's will." If the terrorists from 9/11 had thought for themselves, maybe they wouldn't have slammed their planes into the twin towers and just be thinking, "it's God's will." Is it God's will to have homosexuals discriminated against? Maybe if the African Americans remembered how THEY were discriminated against only 40 years ago (in 27 US states, they couldn't marry white people until 1967), they wouldn't be discriminating against others. I'm not saying that only the African Americans are at fault, but it seems ridiculous that they forget their history so quickly and say "it's God's will."

That's the whole..umm...I forgot which relgion. Not Catholic, even though they think that Mary is more important than Jesus....

Mary was just used to bring Jesus to earth. She wasn't the one that went through suffering on the cross.

Actually, Mary is not more important in Catholicism. They pray a different prayer than what is depicted by the media and etc.

Mary just wasn't the person used to being in Jesus. She was the person who gave him life, raised him from birth until man-hood. Again, there the mainstream christian ways go with being sexist. They do not seem to believe a woman holy.

Take women out of the world and what do you have? Death. Devistation. Gays-Slang Usage (Yeah! There needs to be more!).

I am not gay but I do have many friends who are. And it really bothers me when I hear other people say "Look at that 'fag'. Or look at that 'female version'. I love gays. They are just another person in the world. And guess what? They atleast show more respect and love towards everyone. The general populas? They loathe the people who choose their own preference. When I use gay, exlcuding when I refer to them in a rant, I use it as the true and old usage; happy.

And what really makes me flustered is Pres. Bush and his gay issue. In one of 'his' speeches (we all know he cannot speak), he said something similar to "Gay goes against our religion's culture, heritage, and laws." And that was one of his reasons for wanting to ban Gay Marriges. Um...one of the U.S. laws is that RELIGION shall not be used with the government and how it is run. But you know, you have to expect it from illiterate people who come from Texas.

Anyways, back to the subject....

Um...she might not have suffered on the cross but she did suffer watching her son being treated as he was. Which is worse? Watching it happen to your child or the child's perspective? I had a baby brother who was more of a son than a brother who died at age 3. I was 13. For those 3 years my father was in another country for the military and my mother had to work. I was the one taking care of him, I was the one who raised him, I was the one who watched him being unplugged from the resp. machine in the hospital! He died, he is dead. I am the one living with the pain and the forgotten memories. Forgotten yes. Why? Because such a tragic event seems to have erased my memories. It also has caused problems with addiciton. When I type and make an argument, I know what I am talking about. People who live my life would have killed themselves by now but I am still living. It is drastically hard, however. Remember some of my poems I have posted on the old new forums? Deep? Demonic? Yes......because of my emotions.

I have had more deaths in my family than the majority of people in the world.

I lost one of my best friends to suicide. He shot himself through the mouth. I was about 5 years old. I lost my great grandmothers, 3 of them, one year after the other. I lost my great aunt about 1 month before my baby brothers death. I lost my grandfather who I had first met when I was in 3rd grade! That was the last time I saw him too. He died of diabetes shortly after my baby brother. I lost my counsin, Logan, to suicide 1 week before Christmas. My father is in Iraq right now. I won't see him until his body comes after he dies or until I am about to turn 20, which is in about 2 years. I lost my best friend Nikki and her brother to a car wreck last year. Nikki was a 'special' student who had special needs. Oh the pain I felt. I lost another friend Chistopher Adam (Not his last name). He killed himself after stabbing his friend in the leg and shooting a police officer. 1 month before that, I lost a close aquantince to a car wreck. And there are more. 2 of my friends have scoliosis and one of them is under going treatment very soon. It is either the treatment, 10% chance of living...maybe even lower....maybe like 3%, or he can go without the treatment and certainly die in a few weeks/1-2 months. His sister also has it. She does not have it as bad, yet. And that is only half of my problems!

I know I got off of the subject COMPLETELY...but I hope I kind of got my point across.

Yes my life is screwed up. But I know enough to know that Mary suffered alot more than Jesus. I believe that Jesus was alive, yes. I am Wiccan, yes. But I do not believe that Jesus was the son of his god.

What I would like to see from this topic is more positive attitudes. The topics name and desc is "What religion are you? Do you like it?". Talk about what you like. Do not argue. Live is the longest thing that you will ever do, but is also very short.

Be like Ozzy Osbourne (Who is not satanic) and love everyone. Just listen to his lyrics in his songs. You will find out that they are talking about loving one another and not fighting. They are not about 'Worship the devil!'.

I say adieu til' hast I behold reason to reappear.

\m/>_<

What I would like to see is tolerance.

For example: if Skwerlhugger Will believes his God is the squirrel who resides in his locker, we do not have to agree with him, we do not have to believe what he believes, hopefully we will accept him as our friend and allow him his beliefs. If Mega Wolf and Jesse believe the next Messiah will be in the form of a wolf, we do not need to follow them unless we like what they have to say and we chose to follow this belief.

Or if Mushroom_king believes that Bill Haley is God and sent Syd Barrett and Joey Ramone as his sons to Earth.

XD

Or The Great Muffin.

No, rock music isn't of the devil. The lyrics however.....yeah. 8

This post is very old and no one cares but I am offended by this statement and whoever said it has obviously looked over Forever Young, Matilda Mother, Don't Stop Believing, Sweet Child O' Mine, Danny Says, Dust In The Wind, Come Sail Away, Wish you were here, Only The young, Childhood's End, and many other rock songs with beautiful lyrics.

This post is very old and no one cares but I am offended by this statement and whoever said it has obviously looked over Forever Young, Matilda Mother, Don't Stop Believing, Sweet Child O' Mine, Danny Says, Dust In The Wind, Come Sail Away, Wish you were here, Only The young, Childhood's End, and many other rock songs with beautiful lyrics.

Please do not let an old post offend you. It's Saturday... have a great weekend.

Please do not let an old post offend you. It's Saturday... have a great weekend.

Who said it? Sounds like something Taynio would say... or rather something from his past self.

Who said it? Sounds like something Taynio would say... or rather something from his past self.

Jesusfreak

question, taynio, are you J4J? those are names for God I haven't heard outside studying Israel.

:) just curious.

question, taynio, are you J4J? those are names for God I haven't heard outside studying Israel.

J4J, mate? You lost me.

Other names? Did I use another name for God? I don't know lol. I didn't pay attention. Of course though, I do use Adonai and H'Shem And Elohim and many others instead of using God.

So if you mention me using other names, I don't doubt it lol. But I am not sure what J4J means? Jew for Jesus? Idk lol. Am I a messianic? Is that what you are asking? Well I have jewish blood in me but I am not jewish no lol. (The whole mother to be jewish thing... yeah.. One of my great grandfathers was jewish.... So I'm not jewish... :*( )

J4J, mate? You lost me.

Other names? Did I use another name for God? I don't know lol. I didn't pay attention. Of course though, I do use Adonai and H'Shem And Elohim and many others instead of using God.

So if you mention me using other names, I don't doubt it lol. But I am not sure what J4J means? Jew for Jesus? Idk lol. Am I a messianic? Is that what you are asking? Well I have jewish blood in me but I am not jewish no lol. (The whole mother to be jewish thing... yeah.. One of my great grandfathers was jewish.... So I'm not jewish... :*( )

yay someone who isn't confused by my abbreviation for Jews4Jesus :D

ok, just curious. :)

blegh! I can't wait for halloween when I can finally cut this mop of fur (hair)!!!

our AC died lol

yeah, so news in religion in my life:

I may be changing denominations in the near future (as in the next year).

that's all.

God bless!!

-A.Je-

J4J, mate? You lost me.

blegh! I can't wait for halloween when I can finally cut this mop of fur (hair)!!!

our AC died lol

that's all.

God bless!!

-A.Je-

Which denomination might you be changing to?

J4J, mate? You lost me.

our AC died lol

that's all.

God bless!!

-A.Je-

greek orthodox

J4J, mate? You lost me.

our AC died lol

that's all.

God bless!!

-A.Je-

greek orthodox

That sounds wonderful. :D

J4J, mate? You lost me.

our AC died lol

that's all.

God bless!!

-A.Je-

greek orthodox

That sounds wonderful. :D

*grins*

I agreek.

-_- couldn't help that

• 3 months later...

what's the point of marrying in a church if you aren't a christian?

random question

seriously though

what's the point of marrying in a church...if you aren't a christian?

is that even allowed?

random question

seriously though

is that even allowed?

Tradition, I guess.

I want to get married.... on tha MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

random question

seriously though

is that even allowed?

What's the point in getting married when the entire concept of marriage is of subservience to the man and of a male-female relationship?

random question

seriously though

is that even allowed?

What's the point in getting married when the entire concept of marriage is of subservience to the man and of a male-female relationship?

:lol: So if a couple just lives together, then there is no subservience? :lol:

random question

seriously though

is that even allowed?

Not if they choose not to. If you choose to serve, then its your choice. In marriage, you have to swear to be subservient regardless of what you want, what you believe in and what happens in the future.

random question

seriously though

is that even allowed?

Not if they choose not to. If you choose to serve, then its your choice. In marriage, you have to swear to be subservient regardless of what you want, what you believe in and what happens in the future.

I thought they took those words out of the marriage vows. :blink:

random question

seriously though

is that even allowed?

Depends on which denomination you are and which Bible you use. The majority still stick to the traditional version.

And of course, homosexuals are not allowed anywhere near the pulpit.

random question

seriously though

is that even allowed?

Depends on which denomination you are and which Bible you use. The majority still stick to the traditional version.

They are permitted in the pulpit in the Episcopal church.

random question

seriously though

is that even allowed?

Did I say pulpit? I meant altar.

random question

seriously though

is that even allowed?

:lol: That makes a difference. :lol:

random question

seriously though

is that even allowed?

:lol: That makes a difference. :lol:

Certainly when it comes to getting married it does. :P

me have a question. what exactly is new age?

This information was found while trolling around:

"The New Age Movement is unlike most formal religions, it has no holy text, central organization, membership, formal clergy, geographic center, dogma, creed, etc. They often use mutually exclusive definitions for some of their terms. The New Age is in fact a free-flowing spiritual movement; a network of believers and practitioners who share somewhat similar beliefs and practices. Their book publishers take the place of a central organization; seminars, conventions, books and informal groups replace of sermons and religious services. Quoting John Naisbitt (1):

"In turbulent times, in times of great change, people head for the two extremes: fundamentalism and personal, spiritual experience...With no membership lists or even a coherent philosophy or dogma, it is difficult to define or measure the unorganized New Age movement. But in every major U.S. and European city, thousands who seek insight and personal growth cluster around a metaphysical bookstore, a spiritual teacher, or an education center."

The New Age is definitely a heterogeneous movement of individuals; most graft some new age beliefs onto their regular religious affiliation. Recent surveys of US adults (2) indicate that many Americans hold at least some new age beliefs:

8% believe in astrology as a method of foretelling the future

7% believe that crystals are a source of healing or energizing power

9% believe that Tarot Cards are a reliable base for life decisions

about 1 in 4 believe in a non-traditional concept of the nature of God which are often associated with New Age thinking:

11% believe that God is "a state of higher consciousness that a person may reach"

8% define God as "the total realization of personal, human potential"

3% believe that each person is God

The group of surveys cited above (2) classify religious beliefs into 7 faith groups. Starting with the largest, they are: Cultural (Christmas & Easter) Christianity, Conventional Christianity, New Age Practitioner, Biblical (Fundamentalist, Evangelical) Christianity, Atheist/Agnostic, Other, and Jewish, A longitudinal study from 1991 to 1995 shows that New Agers represent a steady 20% of the population, and are consistently the third largest religious group.

New Age teachings became popular during the 1970's as a reaction against what some perceived as the failure of Christianity and the failure of Secular Humanism to provide spiritual and ethical guidance for the future. Its roots are traceable to many sources: Astrology, Channeling, Hinduism, Gnostic traditions, Neo-paganism, Spiritualism, Theosophy, Wicca, etc. The movement started in England in the 1960's where many of these elements were well established. Small groups, such as the Findhorn Community in Inverness and the Wrekin Trust formed. The movement quickly became international. Early New Age mileposts in North America were a "New Age Seminar" ran by the Association for Research and Enlightenment, and the establishment of the East-West Journal in 1971. Actress Shirley MacLaine is perhaps their most famous current figure."

Archived