Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Welcome back kep! (y'all lurve me!)

Kep

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I'd let you know- I have recently acquired a wonderful addiction to foreign music. Aforementioned addiction is courtesey of "the frenchies," (aka, the people who came from french programs, and are taking all french classes) at my highschool.

I highly reccomment the following:

Alizee- Moi Lolita

Eve Angeli- Avant de partir

Haiduchii- Dragostea din Tei

Manau- La Tribu de Dana

anyway, talk to you soonly!

hearts,

kep

All we really need to do is see the world like lovers do.

Thought I'd let you know- I have recently acquired a wonderful addiction to foreign music. Aforementioned addiction is courtesey of "the frenchies," (aka, the people who came from french programs, and are taking all french classes) at my highschool.

I highly reccomment the following:

Alizee- Moi Lolita

Eve Angeli- Avant de partir

Haiduchii- Dragostea din Tei

Manau- La Tribu de Dana

anyway, talk to you soonly!

hearts,

kep

All we really need to do is see the world like lovers do.

Have your heard Lara Fabien's CD "Pure"? It is wonderful!!!!! My CD is almost worn out from use. :lol:

Where do you get all these odd quotes?

A lot of them are from songs, some of them are from movies, and some of them are from people I've met, or people I've read about. Some of them come from books (like Lee suggested.)

It beats within her virgin chest? Hm...let me see... that one's from Bright Eyes, A Poetic Retelling of an Unfortunate Seduction. (Je pense.)

I just like to add a little flair to my posts! hehe! B)

heart.

kep.

Vrei sa pleci dar nu ma, nu ma iei,

Nu ma, nu ma iei, nu ma, nu ma, nu ma iei.

Chipul tau si dragostea din tei,

Mi-amintesc de ochii tai.

You want to leave but you don't want, don't want to take me,

don't want don't want to take me, don't want don't want don't want to take me.

Your face and the love from the linden trees,

And I remember your eyes.

A lot of them are from songs, some of them are from movies, and some of them are from people I've met, or people I've read about. Some of them come from books (like Lee suggested.)

It beats within her virgin chest? Hm...let me see... that one's from Bright Eyes, A Poetic Retelling of an Unfortunate Seduction. (Je pense.)

heart.

kep.

You know the little foot notes in Terry Pratchet? They really make you think. Like what IS anti-light like? It stands to reason that it exists, but we can't see it because we can never achieve the correct conditions! it is BRILLIANT!

heart.

kep.

Ohhhh

Nick

And the Potatoes greenish glow, so striking.... :lol:

*laughs herself to death* I knew that's what they meant. I was waiting for someone to bring it up. teehee! Cannabu! *laughs* Up north, in canada. Indeed. ;)

love etc

kep

It beats within her virgin chest.

*blushes* ptmylaugh :P

You know the little foot notes in Terry Pratchet? They really make you think. Like what IS anti-light like? It stands to reason that it exists, but we can't see it because we can never achieve the correct conditions! it is BRILLIANT!

One of my favourites is the one about the smallest unit of time. According to Pratchett, (In a book featuring rincewind, Je pense- let me know if you know which book it is...) the smallest unit of time is as follows:

"the time it takes between the light turning green, and the car behind you honking. It's called the New York Second."

Kep

Screaming like dogs, bleeding into the earth.

My old account wouldn't work, I couldn't login so i had to re-register.

Many of us have found that the autofill feature (the feature on your computer that remembers usernames and passwords) sometimes will not work, so you need get on the boards manually.

So, if this ever happens, you know what to do. :D

One of my favourites is the one about the smallest unit of time. According to Pratchett, (In a book featuring rincewind, Je pense- let me know if you know which book it is...) the smallest unit of time is as follows:

"the time it takes between the light turning green, and the car behind you honking. It's called the New York Second."

Kep

Screaming like dogs, bleeding into the earth.

*doesn't look up from the new book "Going Postal"* That would be the Thief of Time. And as far as I can remember it was talking about an even smaller unit of time, even smaller than the New York Second, the Universal Tick. THe one where Time gets stopped by the auditors. Though the New York Second was mentioned in the Light Fantastic I believe.

*doesn't look up from the new book "Going Postal"* That would be the Thief of Time. And as far as I can remember it was talking about an even smaller unit of time, even smaller than the New York Second, the Universal Tick. THe one where Time gets stopped by the auditors. Though the New York Second was mentioned in the Light Fantastic I believe.

danke. read both, of course. ;) Thief of Time was actually my first PTerry novel. What can I say? I'm addicted.

Hey, if between the two of you, you can gather fourty bazillion band-aids, then not all is lost. Of course, I don't know how good band-aids will work against stab wounds...

Hey, if between the two of you, you can gather fourty bazillion band-aids, then not all is lost. Of course, I don't know how good band-aids will work against stab wounds...

*flies to band-aid factory and start loading up jet with cases and cases of band-aids*

um...yes.

I love you, I love you, I love you almighty

I wish your pyjamas were next to my nightie,

Don't get me wrong,

Don't be misled!

I mean on the clothes line

Not in the bed!

:lol::lol::lol:

I just found that poem today!

I thought it was funny...

-Lee

um...yes.

Don't get me wrong,

Don't be misled!

Not in the bed!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

-Lee

*grins* I am amused.

um...yes.

Don't get me wrong,

Don't be misled!

Not in the bed!

-Lee

I found it hilarious. Once you read it a few times. :lol:

I'm glad you guys found the poem funny.

Summer is almost here! I can feel it! The days are getting longer and tomorrow will reach 32 degrees celcius... and I have school... nothing worse than sitting in a classroom on a boiling hot day glued to your chair!

Gotta fly!

-Lee

Summer is almost here! I can feel it! The days are getting longer and tomorrow will reach 32 degrees celcius... and I have school... nothing worse than sitting in a classroom on a boiling hot day glued to your chair!

Gotta fly!

-Lee

*sends a fan to Lee* :lol:

Gotta fly!

-Lee

<_< I started school a month ago and you get to go on summer vacation.

Gotta fly!

-Lee

You wouldn't be Korean would you, no that isn't right. Australian perhaps?

You wouldn't be Korean would you, no that isn't right. Australian perhaps?

Yep, pure Aussie! G'day! I have a kangaroo in my backyard! *offers you a vegemite samwhich*

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually I was born in australia and I live here but my background is Indian. Sometimes when we go out to the bush there are kagaroos in our backyard. As for vegemite sandwhices... I don't like 'em much. But they are nice on crackers ( if spread lightly!) I've heard that Americans like to spead vegemite thickly and when they taste it they hate it.

OK. Time for a vegemite lesson:

1. Always spread vegemite thinly (on bread, crackers, whatver)

2. Vegemite is best eaten on bread with butter. Some people like to swirl the butter and vegemite together to create a 'marbled' effect.

Gotta fly

-Lee

Yep, pure Aussie! G'day! I have a kangaroo in my backyard! *offers you a vegemite samwhich*

Actually I was born in australia and I live here but my background is Indian. Sometimes when we go out to the bush there are kagaroos in our backyard. As for vegemite sandwhices... I don't like 'em much. But they are nice on crackers ( if spread lightly!) I've heard that Americans like to spead vegemite thickly and when they taste it they hate it.

OK. Time for a vegemite lesson:

1. Always spread vegemite thinly (on bread, crackers, whatver)

2. Vegemite is best eaten on bread with butter. Some people like to swirl the butter and vegemite together to create a 'marbled' effect.

Gotta fly

-Lee

I though you were English...

Oh, well. At first, I thought Kep was Hawaiian, and the first time I came I thought Horatio was Japanese! I'm just strange that way.

*boots Horatio towards LE, who is defending the goal* It is called football Horatio, football

Kickball is NEITHER football NOR soccer. Kickball is a game that kids used to play with a red round rubber ball. NOT a black and white round leather ball, NOT a brown football shaped ball. Kickball is not a game played by professionals, but a fun game for kids. :lol::lol::lol:

Kickball is NEITHER football NOR soccer.  Kickball is a game that kids used to play with a red round rubber ball.  NOT a black and white round leather ball, NOT a brown football shaped ball.  Kickball is not a game played by professionals, but a fun game for kids. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Your American Language confuses me, why soccer? WHY?

Kickball is NEITHER football NOR soccer.  Kickball is a game that kids used to play with a red round rubber ball.  NOT a black and white round leather ball, NOT a brown football shaped ball.  Kickball is not a game played by professionals, but a fun game for kids. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Used to play? I play that like every year in gym! I'm not very good though ;)

*boots Horatio towards LE, who is defending the goal* It is called football Horatio, football

What about AFL???? It's called football as well but we call it footy cause thats just how us aussies are :D *sits in front of Essendon footy collection while stroking baseball bat* :wacko: An Essendon footy player went to our school and so did some guy who played for Australia in Basketball in the olympics! I forgot both their names... Stop laughing!

-Lee

What about AFL???? It's called football as well but we call it footy cause thats just how us aussies are  :D  *sits in front of Essendon footy collection while stroking baseball bat* :wacko:  An Essendon footy player went to our school and so did some guy who played for Australia in Basketball in the olympics! I forgot both their names... Stop laughing!

-Lee

Do the kids there play Kickball? :huh:

I have no idea, I am talking about true football which is an international sport, not your disturbed version of rugby which involves men with small amounts of brain cells brutally clobbering each other.

I was talking about kickball. :lol:

Baseball with your feet might be a good description.

Kickball: Yes, much like baseball. Instead of a little stitched up ball, there is a big, rubber, bouncy, ball. There is no grass involved. Instead of pitching, you roll the ball. Instead of hiting with a bat, you kick with your foot. Those are just about the only differences.

I have no idea, I am talking about true football which is an international sport, not your disturbed version of rugby which involves men with small amounts of brain cells brutally clobbering each other.

Wow. That reminds me of American football and Lacross.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT KEP, TOO! :(

I am sure that she will stop back when time permits. If you remember, she was getting so very busy. I am sure that we will be hearing about her new school, activities and all that has been happening. :D

I am sure that she will stop back when time permits.  If you remember, she was getting so very busy.  I am sure that we will be hearing about her new school, activities and all that has been happening. :D

Yeah, Keppy must be a busy gal! Don't worry, she won't forget us (hopefully)!

:lol:

-Lee

I am sure that she will stop back when time permits.  If you remember, she was getting so very busy.  I am sure that we will be hearing about her new school, activities and all that has been happening. :D

*sits* *waits* *twitches*

There's a saying: "Speak of the devil and she will soon appear!" Your ears must have been burning Miss Kep, as we were talking about you and voila... you are signed in now!!!! Welcome back. Hope life has been treating you well. You have been missed. :D

A right novel of a post! hehe. I'm so glad to read that you missed me. It makes me happy inside- like a stiletto.

Sorry, I intended to post the other day while I was on, but, alas, no time.

anyway, I'm here now!

So, the horrible summer finally came to an end and it was back to home sweet highschool and the International Bac. programme. I went from my confused depressed illusion to a giddy, outrageously happy-go-lucky person within a day or two.

All my friends and the people I knew went to a different school than mine, but I made lots and lots of friends very quickly. Some of them are in the french program. They made me fall in love with the language. I love them all muchly.

Okay, so are we all caught up now? good. ;)

So this term I'm taking english, a science class that crams bio/chem/physics all into one lovely term-long ikea package, info tech, and math. All of which are pre-IB. IB classes are to normal classes as Gods are to mortals. I love the classes, the content, and the people. Everything is coming up thornless roses, or, as my friend David would say, it's all very "awesome blossom."

I've come to love the music by the band "the postal service." thought you'd like to know. :P

My friend Kira is having a horrible highschool experience. It makes me sad. She feels alone and unhappy, and I wish I could make it go away. I think she's sick and tired of me telling her that it'll all come out in the wash.

Ben is coming to visit me sometime soon. This week or next week. I'm not sure- I'll be calling him tomorrow to find out. Despite everything, we're still friends. I think.

Keegan is coming to visit me on friday. I miss him so much! heh, I miss all of my old friends. I wish they all came to my wonderful beautiful centenial downtown highschool.

For now? I make do with their occasioinal visits.

I have a new computer! Hurrah! My old one was 6 years old, and, as a PC, was virus-ridden. My new one, as a mac, has *drumroll* no viruses! hehehe. Yay! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside- like I've swallowed a bunny rabbit.

Hmm...what else is there? I have a midterm math exam on the 17th of this month. WIsh me luck and whatnot.

I'm sure there's more. I'd love to post my art and journal links, but no links here. <_< oh well.

Perhaps I'll do some random attatching of my more recent art later on.

I went to band camp! (Well, actually, I went with the choir. But the band was there as well!) It was my first time. I had band-camp so underrated. It was *the* most amazing thing.

I just got back from "music retreat" (better known as 'band camp,' only I went with the choir, which joined the band there.)

I really had band camp under-rated. I could have stayed there at Camp Caroline forever. When they said mandatory grace, I almost believed it. Though not to a God of any kind, when our host expressed thanks for "our time together," I was genuinely thankful. I was entheusiastically thankful.

Thankyou.

I wish I could have stayed there forever, with my music and my friends, and the fire at night, and the windows in the morning. Things were simpler at camp. Everyone was always singing, quietly, under their breath, loudly, and every dynamic level in between. When they weren't singing, they hummed. The whole place seemed to thrum with our music. The music that we were making. The music we're creating all the time.

Candy said, "You're such a romantic."

Yes, I really am.

To me, those two and a half days were perfection.

Ben would argue that. He'd say that once perfection is achieved, the thing that achieved it dies. He'd say I was wrong.

He'd know I was right.

Can two days at something as simple as band/choir camp be bliss?

Yeah, Candy knows me well.

Send a smile my way. Send me a smile that makes me nostalgic of a time when I believed so powerfully in the thanks expressed during mandatory grace.

Kiss me so quietly, so casually. I don't need hollywood beginnings and bitter endings, I don't need fireworks. Not this time.

Kiss me in a way that makes me think of late nights and circular couches around a fire.

Say my name in a way that makes me hear jingle bells and faint singing of messy, complicated, earthbound angel students.

"They will see us waving from such great

Heights, 'come down now,' they'll say

But everything looks perfect from far away,

'come down now,' but we'll stay..."

So that was bandcamp. It was beautiful, it was purifying.

Christmas is coming! I'm so excited. I love this time of year. I love the loving feelings, the generosity, the beauty, the everything! I wear jingle bells every day.

Anyway,

When I collect my thoughts a bit more, I'll post the rest of my novel-post. ;) teehee.

Love etc!!!

Kep

I think that it's a sign that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images, and when we kiss, they're perfectly aligned.

A right novel of a post! hehe. I'm so glad to read that you missed me. It makes me happy inside- like a stiletto.

anyway, I'm here now!

So, the horrible summer finally came to an end and it was back to home sweet highschool and the International Bac. programme. I went from my confused depressed illusion to a giddy, outrageously happy-go-lucky person within a day or two.

All my friends and the people I knew went to a different school than mine, but I made lots and lots of friends very quickly. Some of them are in the french program. They made me fall in love with the language. I love them all muchly.

So this term I'm taking english, a science class that crams bio/chem/physics all into one lovely term-long ikea package, info tech, and math. All of which are pre-IB. IB classes are to normal classes as Gods are to mortals. I love the classes, the content, and the people. Everything is coming up thornless roses, or, as my friend David would say, it's all very "awesome blossom."

I've come to love the music by the band "the postal service." thought you'd like to know. :P

My friend Kira is having a horrible highschool experience. It makes me sad. She feels alone and unhappy, and I wish I could make it go away. I think she's sick and tired of me telling her that it'll all come out in the wash.

Ben is coming to visit me sometime soon. This week or next week. I'm not sure- I'll be calling him tomorrow to find out. Despite everything, we're still friends. I think.

Keegan is coming to visit me on friday. I miss him so much! heh, I miss all of my old friends. I wish they all came to my wonderful beautiful centenial downtown highschool.

I have a new computer! Hurrah! My old one was 6 years old, and, as a PC, was virus-ridden. My new one, as a mac, has *drumroll* no viruses! hehehe. Yay! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside- like I've swallowed a bunny rabbit.

Hmm...what else is there? I have a midterm math exam on the 17th of this month. WIsh me luck and whatnot.

I'm sure there's more. I'd love to post my art and journal links, but no links here.  <_<  oh well.

I went to band camp! (Well, actually, I went with the choir. But the band was there as well!) It was my first time. I had band-camp so underrated. It was *the* most amazing thing.

I just got back from "music retreat" (better known as 'band camp,' only I went with the choir, which joined the band there.)

I really had band camp under-rated. I could have stayed there at Camp Caroline forever. When they said mandatory grace, I almost believed it. Though not to a God of any kind, when our host expressed thanks for "our time together," I was genuinely thankful. I was entheusiastically thankful.

Thankyou.

I wish I could have stayed there forever, with my music and my friends, and the fire at night, and the windows in the morning. Things were simpler at camp. Everyone was always singing, quietly, under their breath, loudly, and every dynamic level in between. When they weren't singing, they hummed. The whole place seemed to thrum with our music. The music that we were making. The music we're creating all the time.

Yes, I really am.

Ben would argue that. He'd say that once perfection is achieved, the thing that achieved it dies. He'd say I was wrong.

He'd know I was right.

Send a smile my way. Send me a smile that makes me nostalgic of a time when I believed so powerfully in the thanks expressed during mandatory grace.

Kiss me so quietly, so casually. I don't need hollywood beginnings and bitter endings, I don't need fireworks. Not this time.

Kiss me in a way that makes me think of late nights and circular couches around a fire.

Say my name in a way that makes me hear jingle bells and faint singing of messy, complicated, earthbound angel students.

Christmas is coming! I'm so excited. I love this time of year. I love the loving feelings, the generosity, the beauty, the everything! I wear jingle bells every day.

Anyway,

When I collect my thoughts a bit more, I'll post the rest of my novel-post.  ;) teehee.

Love etc!!!

Kep

I think that it's a sign that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images, and when we kiss, they're perfectly aligned.

KEP! *tackles* *ties to a chair*

Kep is here! wheeeee! you said you would send me an e-mail...

Kep, you never visit my topic... *cries*

BTW stilletos = me falling over a lot! You should have seen me dressed up on Saturday! I think I out did myself... But at least I caught the attention of a certain someone :D

-Lee

PS, haven't heard from Matt in yonks.

anyway, I'm here now!

I'm sure there's more. I'd love to post my art and journal links, but no links here.  <_<  oh well.

Thankyou.

Yes, I really am.

He'd know I was right.

Anyway,

When I collect my thoughts a bit more, I'll post the rest of my novel-post.  ;) teehee.

Love etc!!!

Kep

WOAH! So much information! So interesting to!

KEP! WILKOMMEN! Thank the dairy based product cheese that you are back!

BTW stilletos = me falling over a lot! You should have seen me dressed up on Saturday! I think I out did myself... But at least I caught the attention of a certain someone  :D

-Lee

Yonks?

hi Kep!

you probably don't remember me, because i really don't remember you. but you made such a lovely post i thought i'd come an introduce myself.

My name is Ivy, it's such a pleasure to meet you.

BTW stilletos = me falling over a lot! You should have seen me dressed up on Saturday! I think I out did myself... But at least I caught the attention of a certain someone  :D

-Lee

teehehhehehe! Oh, I know the feeling well. Glad you caught that certain someone's eye. Made it all worth it, I bet.

I tried emailing you, to no avail. No response! I wish I could openly post my email address, get mail from all the lovely people. I'll try writing you again, my darling.

Heh. Yonks. It's so nice to hear someone else use that word. ;) You haven't heard from matt? Hmm. Well, I'll ask you for his most recent contact info when I get a'hold of you via that lovely little thing we call email.

Missed talking to you, darling!

Talk to you soon.

Love etc,

Kep

And then last night I had that strange dream

Where everything was exactly how it seemed

Where concerns about the world getting warmer

The people thought they were just being rewarded

For treating others as they like to be treated

For obeying stop signs and curing diseases

For mailing letters with the address of the sender

Now we can swim any day in november

WOAH! So much information! So interesting to!

KEP! WILKOMMEN! Thank the dairy based product cheese that you are back!

teehee! It's good to be back!

hi Kep!

you probably don't remember me, because i really don't remember you. but you made such a lovely post i thought i'd come an introduce myself.

My name is Ivy, it's such a pleasure to meet you.

oh, what a lovely thing to say! The pleasure is mine.

I hope to be hearing a lot from you! :)

love etc

Kep

Love is like falling, and falling is like this.

Read the latest Diskworld book yet, Going Postal?

*cringes at the 'k' in Discworld* :P

actually, no, I haven't. I've been meaning to get my paws on it, though!

Why did my other post in here not get posted? *eyes Horatio* Did I say something wrong in my post? I don't recall saying anything bad!  :(

ALL your posts that were in the queue have been posted.

Is very confused. If you say something wrong, you will find an edit. I have not deleted any posts.

:blink::blink::blink:

Heylo all.

Today, we (the choir and symphonic band from my highschool), went to a junior high to play/sing/promote our program. We, the choir, sang first. Then the band played. In the band, there are two double-bassists. One was slightly stiff, confusing his bowing half the time, but the other was amazing. I was watching him play, his back to me. It was like god's holy light (ahem, metaphor) was spilling down onto him. The way he moved, the melodies he wove, everything. It was beautiful. I could have cried, watching him.

God, I'm *such* a string player. heh. But it was entrancing, watching him.

As I told Candy- Watch me marry a cellist.

I know naught of this angel musician, not even his name. But he made my day.

I just thought I'd share that.

Love etc.

Kep

Now I've heard there was a secret chord

That David played, and it pleased the Lord

But you don't really care for music, do you?

It goes like this

The fourth, the fifth

The minor fall, the major lift

The baffled king composing, Hallelujah.

ALL your posts that were in the queue have been posted.

Is very confused.  If you say something wrong, you will find an edit.  I have not deleted any posts.

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:

hmmm... thats strange... Oh well :)

I said some stuff about Matt Atkins never replying to my e-mails. He only text messages me now. Good luck to you Kep if you ever get through to him!

Also some things about my new love...

Kep please visit my topic and comment!!!!!! I'd like you to know about him.

Also I hope you find out more about this mystery musician, he sounds interesting! ;)

-Lee

hmmm... thats strange... Oh well  :)

I said some stuff about Matt Atkins never replying to my e-mails. He only text messages me now. Good luck to you Kep if you ever get through to him!

Also some things about my new love...

Kep please visit my topic and comment!!!!!! I'd like you to know about him.

Also I hope you find out more about this mystery musician, he sounds interesting!  ;)

-Lee

I shall try to get a hold of him! (and you, as well, my heart.)

I shall visit your topic asap!

He's in my friend's english class, so hopefully I'll find out more. ;)

Love

kep

You'll see the sun again.

Now I've heard there was a secret chord

That David played, and it pleased the Lord

But you don't really care for music, do you?

It goes like this

The fourth, the fifth

The minor fall, the major lift

The baffled king composing, Hallelujah.

I love that song. Yeah. For some reason that's the only comment I have. :lol:

haha! Oh, moi aussi. I adore that song. It's so sad.

I shall try to get a hold of him! (and you, as well, my heart.)

I shall visit your topic asap!

He's in my friend's english class, so hopefully I'll find out more. ;)

Love

kep

You'll see the sun again.

Hopefully I will see the sun soon, I'm waiting for the thunderstorms in my life to clear up but right now it's pouring down on me and drenching me with sorrow.

*sigh*

-Lee

I love that song too. because it reminds me of my friend, who has dissapeared somewhere in Georgia, and i haven't heard from her. :(

i left my Jeff Buckley CD in vermont! ahhhhhh!

so far away!

i'm trying to get my friend to mail it to me. i miss it.

Hopefully I will see the sun soon, I'm waiting for the thunderstorms in my life to clear up but right now it's pouring down on me and drenching me with sorrow.

*sigh*

-Lee

you will, my heart. I can assure you that.

*sigh*

-Lee

*sings*

Here we are

Waiting for the sun

Waiting for another day

To wipe your tears away

So come on

I'll show you what I really start to see

In time you will finally believe

That the secret to life,

How happy is a life's simplicity...

Yep. It's from the song A Hampster's Life.  :)

teehee! I was listening to that CD yesterday.

Only 2 more weeks until christmas break, for me! Hurrah!

I flew a plane last friday.

Written in a way only a hopeless romantic could write,

From The Journal of Kep:

Confessions of an Earthbound Misfit

4:52 p.m. 2004-11-26

I just got back from my first introductory flight.

I flew a plane today.

All my instructor did was take off land and fiddle with the buttons, and made sure I didnt do anything stupid. I got to fly it. He said I turned like a natural.

We were in an up-wing/top-wing/can't remember what they're called plane. Where the wings are attatched to the top, rather than the bottom. We were called ZHN- Zulu Hotel November. Every time they called us over the radio, I got a tiny thrill of excitement.

Along with our body weight, the fule and everything aboard, we weighed just under 2000 pounds. And we flew through the air, propeller dancing, as if we weighed nothing at all. If that is not one of the most ingenius, amazing achievments of our human society, then I'll be darned.

As I told them, I now feel like a prisoner of gravity.

I said: I was made for the sky.

She said: I think I knew that.

I could have cried at the simplistic beauty of that sentence- I think I knew that.

I'm elated.

I don't ever want to come down.

It was fabulous. Dad's got me seriously considering the ground school next summer.

Anyway, must run.

Love etc!

Kep

Because your candle burns too bright, I almost forgot it was twilight.

Only 2 more weeks until christmas break, for me! Hurrah!

I flew a plane last friday.

Written in a way only a hopeless romantic could write,

From The Journal of Kep:

Confessions of an Earthbound Misfit

4:52 p.m. 2004-11-26

I just got back from my first introductory flight.

I flew a plane today.

All my instructor did was take off land and fiddle with the buttons, and made sure I didnt do anything stupid. I got to fly it. He said I turned like a natural.

We were in an up-wing/top-wing/can't remember what they're called plane. Where the wings are attatched to the top, rather than the bottom. We were called ZHN- Zulu Hotel November. Every time they called us over the radio, I got a tiny thrill of excitement.

Along with our body weight, the fule and everything aboard, we weighed just under 2000 pounds. And we flew through the air, propeller dancing, as if we weighed nothing at all. If that is not one of the most ingenius, amazing achievments of our human society, then I'll be darned.

As I told them, I now feel like a prisoner of gravity.

I said: I was made for the sky.

She said: I think I knew that.

I could have cried at the simplistic beauty of that sentence- I think I knew that.

I'm elated.

I don't ever want to come down.

It was fabulous. Dad's got me seriously considering the ground school next summer.

Anyway, must run.

Love etc!

Kep

Because your candle burns too bright, I almost forgot it was twilight.

How did you come to take an introductory flight? Who came up with the idea? How old are you?

It is a high wing airplane, probably a Cessna 152 if it was a 2 seater. Those are great airplanes. Now you know why I am a hamster that flies jets. :lol::lol::lol:

How did you come to take an introductory flight?  Who came up with the idea?  How old are you? 

It is a high wing airplane, probably a Cessna 152 if it was a 2 seater.  Those are great airplanes.  Now you know why I am a hamster that flies jets. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You both have something in common, you have flown planes! lol. I've only ever ridden in one... or about 22... I love flying! :) I wish I was a bird!

You both have something in common, you have flown planes! lol. I've only ever ridden in one... or about 22... I love flying!  :)  I wish I was a bird!

I could also teach you! I give introductory flights like the one she took. The only difference is that I let the person do the take-off and landing. Of course, on the landing, I usually have to assist the person, but if they will listen to exactly what I am saying and follow the instructions, then they will do most of it. :D

I could also teach you!  I give introductory flights like the one she took.  The only difference is that I let the person do the take-off and landing.  Of course, on the landing, I usually have to assist the person, but if they will listen to exactly what I am saying and follow the instructions, then they will do most of it. :D

Yay! *jumps into the cockpit of Hoartio's plane* I'm willing to learn! :D

-Lee

I could also teach you!  I give introductory flights like the one she took.  The only difference is that I let the person do the take-off and landing.  Of course, on the landing, I usually have to assist the person, but if they will listen to exactly what I am saying and follow the instructions, then they will do most of it. :D

Um.. just curious to know, how do people (or foxes like me) actually fit into your hamster size plane? :blink:

-Lee

Oh... thats so cool!  :D

-Lee

I will give you all the hamster sized flying materials, books, charts, plotters, etc. This way you will have everything my sized before you drink the potion.

*hands Lee a very small backpack of materials*

How did you come to take an introductory flight?  Who came up with the idea?  How old are you? 

It is a high wing airplane, probably a Cessna 152 if it was a 2 seater.  Those are great airplanes.  Now you know why I am a hamster that flies jets. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It was indeed a Cessna 152. And, as my father is a pilot (private, not commercial) I've grown up with planes all my life. In fact, one of my dreams is to see the 'terminator' (to use pilot-lingo- in actuality, terminator=nighttime when it comes and takes over the day,) from the cockpit on a solo flight. It's a daft dream, I know. Heh. ;)

But, anyway, I was telling my dad how I wanted to fly (for the Nth time,) and when I came home the next day, I was booked for an intro flight! Only reason I didn't take off and land was because I hadnt taken ground school, and may or may not have been able to pull either off without causing problems. :lol: hehe. Moi, je suis 14 ans. 15 on February 7th. But dad's been bringing home the plane classifides and we've been looking for a good, reasonably priced plane for me, and looking into ground school and in-plane stuff in the summer (get it over with in about 7 weeks). Can't actually get my license, (as you would know) til I'm 17, but still!

And despite all this, I'm not going to become a pilot. It's music for me!

w00t! only 6 more days until I get my christmas break. I'm so close to burning out- it's up at 6 in the morning every day, 40-60 minute transit ride to school, and go go go until 9 at night. And thursday I was performing in a concert with the school choir and playing first violin in the string ensemble- I wasnt hone and sorted til 11pm. And I left straight from school. It was crazy.

I keep telling myself- one more week until my rest!

must run! going to go update my random online things!

Love etc!!

Kep

Merry christmas!

1 week and 6 days to go!

It was indeed a Cessna 152. And, as my father is a pilot (private, not commercial) I've grown up with planes all my life. In fact, one of my dreams is to see the 'terminator' (to use pilot-lingo- in actuality, terminator=nighttime when it comes and takes over the day,) from the cockpit on a solo flight. It's a daft dream, I know. Heh.  ;)

But, anyway, I was telling my dad how I wanted to fly (for the Nth time,) and when I came home the next day, I was booked for an intro flight! Only reason I didn't take off and land was because I hadnt taken ground school, and may or may not have been able to pull either off without causing problems.  :lol: hehe. Moi, je suis 14 ans. 15 on February 7th. But dad's been bringing home the plane classifides and we've been looking for a good, reasonably priced plane for me, and looking into ground school and in-plane stuff in the summer (get it over with in about 7 weeks). Can't actually get my license, (as you would know) til I'm 17, but still!

And despite all this, I'm not going to become a pilot. It's music for me!

w00t! only 6 more days until I get my christmas break. I'm so close to burning out- it's up at 6 in the morning every day, 40-60 minute transit ride to school, and go go go until 9 at night. And thursday I was performing in a concert with the school choir and playing first violin in the string ensemble- I wasnt hone and sorted til 11pm. And I left straight from school. It was crazy.

I keep telling myself- one more week until my rest!

must run! going to go update my random online things!

Love etc!!

Kep

Merry christmas!

1 week and 6 days to go!

Keppy! Your so lucky, I'd love to fly a plane. I was just starting to read a book called 'Hachet'. I've only read the first bit and a boy has to try and fly and land a plane by himself because the pilot has a heart attack. It's interesting so far. Has anyone read it? It is supposed to be an old book.

-Lee

Keppy! Your so lucky, I'd love to fly a plane. I was just starting to read a book called 'Hachet'. I've only read the first bit and a boy has to try and fly and land a plane by himself because the pilot has a heart attack. It's interesting so far. Has anyone read it? It is supposed to be an old book.

-Lee

Who is the author? If you like I will give you the names of some great flying books. :D

Who is the author?  If you like I will give you the names of some great flying books. :D

The author is Gary Paulsen, it's a fiction novel. I just found it lying about the house and so I decided to read it.

I wouldn't mind if you gave me the names of some flying books, if it isn't too much trouble. :)

-Lee

The author is Gary Paulsen, it's a fiction novel. I just found it lying about the house and so I decided to read it.

I wouldn't mind if you gave me the names of some flying books, if it isn't too much trouble.  :)

-Lee

Absolutely no trouble at all. I am not at home at the moment, so you will have to give me a couple of days. I want to make sure that I have the titles and authors correct. As I am a old blonde hamster... my memory is not the best. :lol:

Also, start getting ready to pack your bags, Horatio! We're leaving on Thursday for Lakes Entrance and then again to Eden (interstate) in January!

-Lee

YES !!!

I will be ready! Thank you for taking me with you!

*runs off to pack a tiny bag and stuff pouches with seeds*

-Lee

Oh, it was blurry brilliant, my darling! I've read Hatchet... read it... *counts on her paws* 4 years ago! heh. It was good, last I can remember. They also did a film of it, and it was pretty consistant with the book. Most of it is about him trying to survive and get back home.

love etc!

Kep

And when I see you, I really see you upside down. But my brain knows better, it picks you up and turns you around.

<font color='#FF0000'>Kep, here's an award for you! Presented by the Miss/Mister Hampster Dance Awards! It's a 'Best Introduction Award'! Why

I gave it to you: "You've made it known really well that you're back! I mean, you made known really well!" Here's your award!          

___

l M A K E   I T  l

l K N O W N ! ! l

l l l l   S H O U T  l l l l

l      l       I T     l     l

l       l  O U T!!! l      l

l l l l l l            l l l l l l

l              l

l     K E P     l

l                   l

l.....................l

Sheena, would you like your awards to be given to you here or

in the Miss/Mister Hampster Dance Awards subject? :moon:</font>

wow, while looking for my post on beliefs, I came across this. I completely didnt see it! *dances* yay! danke, danke, danke!

Love!

Kep

mrow!

Archived