Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Sammy (crying)

Sammy the Hamster

Sammy the Hamster (the real hamster) has died. I am very upset. He was two years old. I ight not ever post agian. I am sure he would have wanted this post in the Dixie part, that is why i put it here. Sammy died a few hours ago. i just thought u guys should know. I will also not be getting a new hamster. :(

Sammy the Hamster (the real hamster) has died. I am very upset. He was two years old. I ight not ever post agian. I am sure he would have wanted this post in the Dixie part, that is why i put it here. Sammy died a few hours ago. i just thought u guys should know. I will also not be getting a new hamster.  :(

*cries*

I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. Your heart hurts so much. When Horatio passed away, I could only moderate and could not bring myself to post. Please go to the Hampsters, Dogs, Cats forum and look for Poems For Passed Away Pets. Sammy is waiting for you in Rainbow Bridge. It is beautiful. Please stop back and see us when you are doing better. Sometime you could always consider rescuing a hammy in need. There are lots of hammies that sit in the back room of pet stores because they have only one eye or a broken leg that has healed at an angle or some other problem. They have no life except a tank with no wheel and no one to pet them. There are also hammies at the Humane Society. Please consider saving a life.

I will keep you in my heart and hope to hear from you. :mellow:

I'm sooooo sorry! BTW, horatio, did you find your hammie? I felt like naming him/her Cheese. So, may s/he now be refered as cheese?

As a matter of fact the little hammie, wandered into my bedroom. I thought I saw some movement, so I closed the door and waited. I found the hammie and returned it back to the cage with mother and the sisters and brothers. :D

Bummer. Losing a pet is hard. I've lost a dog, some cats, and couple small lizards. :( Just know that life goes on, and animals live and die. It's all part of life, tough as it may be. I'm sure Sammy was glad to have an owner as good as you, as not all hamsters live happy lives. Be happy knowing you showed Sammy a good time while he was here, and that you enjoyed his company.

Sammy the Hamster (the real hamster) has died. I am very upset. He was two years old. I ight not ever post agian. I am sure he would have wanted this post in the Dixie part, that is why i put it here. Sammy died a few hours ago. i just thought u guys should know. I will also not be getting a new hamster.  :(

There was something special about sammy... he had a hole in his ear :) i dont think he could ever hear out of it... but he was a good hamster.. he never even bit or nipped somebody... i would adopt another hamster.. its just that i am not ready 4 one.. and i may not ever be... but i STILL LOVE HAMPSTERS

There was something special about sammy... he had a hole in his ear :) i dont think he could ever hear out of it... but he was a good hamster.. he never even bit or nipped somebody... i would adopt another hamster.. its just that i am not ready 4 one.. and i may not ever be... but i STILL LOVE HAMPSTERS

Aw, that reminds me of my cat that died, Bogie. He had a hole in his ear too. :)

Don't go! Share your sorrow with us and make it less... and remember, time heals all wounds. I am sure Sammy wishes for you to stay as well.

Maybe you've heard the saying "Get back on the horse that throws you."?

I believe that this is similar. You should get another hamster, as it will help you to feel better, althoughthey can never replace the one you lost. People with pets are proven to live longer.

*sigh* I know exactly how that feels Sammy...

I had a little birdy once who thought I was it's mother because I hand fed it and took care of it. It used to follow me around the house, it would run so fast since it couldn't fly yet. It was so gentle and it just loved me so much, it wanted to be with me always.

But one day I found her as I got up from bed to feed her in her cage, lifeless. I couldn't touch her, I couldn't look at her, I wasn't even there when my dad buried her. I prevented myself from crying, telling myself to be strong and brave but I couldn't help it and I burst out in tears.

Now I have a new bird, Pepper. She's not like Amber (my little birdy) and I still cry because it still hurts. But now she can fly, She's got her wings! When I remind myself that shes happy I feel much better. Sammy must be flying around with Amber, Horatio, Bogie and all our other pets that have passed away. Cheer up. Think of your little hammie with wings coming to visit you and watch over you as you sleep.

Be of Cheer.

-Lee

*sigh* I know exactly how that feels Sammy...

I had a little birdy once who thought I was it's mother because I hand fed it and took care of it. It used to follow me around the house, it would run so fast since it couldn't fly yet. It was so gentle and it just loved me so much, it wanted to be with me always.

But one day I found her as I got up from bed to feed her in her cage, lifeless. I couldn't touch her, I couldn't look at her, I wasn't even there when my dad buried her. I prevented myself from crying, telling myself to be strong and brave but I couldn't help it and I burst out in tears.

Now I have a new bird, Pepper. She's not like Amber (my little birdy) and I still cry because it still hurts. But now she can fly, She's got her wings! When I remind myself that shes happy I feel much better. Sammy must be flying around with Amber, Horatio, Bogie and all our other pets that have passed away. Cheer up. Think of your little hammie with wings coming to visit you and watch over you as you sleep.

Be of Cheer.

-Lee

*cries*

How beautiful.

Ooh, pretty colours!

Actually I think that I did quite good in the text response, I definetly didn't fail!

Your luck did me good!

*Puts Horatio in my pocket for good luck*

-Lee

Oh great news!

* is excited about being in Lee's pocket... prepares for next holiday* :D

Oh great news!

* is excited about being in Lee's pocket... prepares for next holiday* :D

Thats funny, i'm going away this weekend, again!

wheeee! I miss out on going to the movies with Adam! :( I'll be all alone with Horatio sitting in a canoe! I wonder if hamsters can swim? :lol:

-Lee

Thats funny, i'm going away this weekend, again!

wheeee! I miss out on going to the movies with Adam!  :(  I'll be all alone with Horatio sitting in a canoe! I wonder if hamsters can swim?  :lol:

-Lee

*gets dressed in full body, self righting, head above water, body encompassing hammie life preserver*

I love canoeing! :D

one of my best friends just went conoeing. she didn't fall out. but her arms got so tired she couldn't row anymore and her husband had to row for her.

both of their arms were very sore when they got back.

Canoeing is such fun!!! And as your friends have warned... you will have sore muscles. :D

I'm sorry about Sammy. I know how it feels. My hampster,Spot, just died about a week or two ago. I loved him so much. He was very special to me. He was my favorite pet out of 8. He was only 1 year old. He would have been 2 in 1 week. I miss him so much. I wish he could be back w/ me, but I try to remember that he is happier, no matter how unhappy I am that he is not here. It makes me happier than I can express to know that he is SO happy in heaven on Rainbow Bridge! Please do not leave, I know you fell like u don't wanna post, but it was like that for me too. I didn't wanna do Nething after Spot died. It was Spot's death that brought me back to Hampsterdance!!! :(:):(:):huh:

I'm sorry about Sammy. I know how it feels. My hampster,Spot, just died about a week or two ago. I loved him so much. He was very special to me. He was my favorite pet out of 8. He was only 1 year old. He would have been 2 in 1 week. I miss him so much. I wish he could be back w/ me, but I try to remember that he is happier, no matter how unhappy I am that he is not here. It makes me happier than I can express to know that he is SO happy in heaven on Rainbow Bridge! Please do not leave, I know you fell like u don't wanna post, but it was like that for me too. I didn't wanna do Nething after Spot died. It was Spot's death that brought me back to Hampsterdance!!! :(  :)  :(  :)  :huh:

You know something, Spot passed away on my birthday. :mellow:

You know something, Spot passed away on my birthday. :mellow:

I am gunna get to the bottom of this!!! :unsure:

My conclusion Spot knew he was going soon so he spent his last day working out so he could still look young for the gorgeous Dot.So when it was Spots final hours Spot rested and said a very long good bye to Kirsti and he also said"I love U" then he went off just in time for the party Horatio was throwing for Patricia's Birthday so it all worked out!!!

P.S.Spot met up with the cute Dot also and she introduced him to all her friends including:

Timmy, Willy, Hannah, Hannah the Horrible, Butterscotch, Milky Way, Stinker,Bangles,Tiki,Sparkle, Buster, Samantha, Tasha, Polar, Emma, Speedy, Buttons, Favorite, Horatio, Herbert, Hannah, Helen, Stella

Everyone fill in that space with Ur passed away animals!!! ^_^

Edited by Horatio

My conclusion Spot knew he was going soon so he spent his last day working out so he could still look young for the gorgeous Dot.So when it was Spots final hours Spot rested and said a very long good bye to Kirsti and he also said"I love U" then he went off just in time for the party Horatio was throwing for Patricia's Birthday so it all worked out!!!

P.S.Spot met up with the cute Dot also and she introduced him to all her friends including:Timmy Willy,Hannah,Hannah the Horrible,Butterscotch,Milky Way,Stinker,Bangles,Tiki,Sparkle,Buster,Samantha,Tasha,Polar,Emma,etc.

I added some... :DB)

P.S.Spot met up with the cute Dot also and she introduced him to all her friends including:Timmy Willy,Hannah,Hannah the Horrible,Butterscotch,Milky Way,Stinker,Bangles,Tiki,Sparkle,Buster,Samantha,Tasha,Polar,Emma,Speedy

I added one... :unsure:

Canoeing is such fun!!!  And as your friends have warned... you will have sore muscles. :D

yes, unless you go and YOU STOP ROWING AND THE CURRENT TAKES YOU OUT SO THE PERSON BEHIND YOU STARTS TO PADDLE REALLY FAST AND YOU'RE SPINNING AROUND IN ONE DIRECTION IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE AND THEN YOU START TO PADDLE FAST ASWELL AND YOU CHASH INTO SOME ROCKS AND YOUR DAD HAS TO SAVE YOU AND THAT ITALIAN BOY AND YOU GET EMBARASSED AND SAY "I'M NEVER GOING CANOEING AGAIN!" but then you do with your Dad and you have fun! LOL

-Lee

yes, unless you go and YOU STOP ROWING AND THE CURRENT TAKES YOU OUT SO THE PERSON BEHIND YOU STARTS TO PADDLE REALLY FAST AND YOU'RE SPINNING AROUND IN ONE DIRECTION IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE AND THEN YOU START TO PADDLE FAST ASWELL AND YOU CHASH INTO SOME ROCKS AND YOUR DAD HAS TO SAVE YOU AND THAT ITALIAN BOY AND YOU GET EMBARASSED AND SAY "I'M NEVER GOING CANOEING AGAIN!" but then you do with your Dad and you have fun! LOL

-Lee

:lol::lol: LOL :lol::lol:

That's great!!!!! Canoeing stories are just as much fun as the experience itself! :lol::lol:

P.S.Spot met up with the cute Dot also and she introduced him to all her friends including:Timmy Willy,Hannah,Hannah the Horrible,Butterscotch,Milky Way,Stinker,Bangles,Tiki,Sparkle,Buster,Samantha,Tasha,Polar,Emma,Speedy, Goldy, Punpun, Flower, Teddy, Ron

So far...

I am gunna get to the bottom of this!!! unsure.gif

P.S.Spot met up with the cute Dot also and she introduced him to all her friends including:Timmy Willy,Hannah,Hannah the Horrible,Butterscotch,Milky Way,Stinker,Bangles,Tiki,Sparkle,Buster,Samantha,Tasha,Polar,Emma,Speedy, Shiloh, Duke, Jelly, Tiger, Ringo, Mr. T, Barnanbis

Everyone fill in that space with Ur passed away animals!!! happy.gif

• 3 weeks later...

sooo sorry